Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

I too have nothing but contempt for all other posters.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

drakengard is a really hosed up game and ends with a bunch of giant babies killing everyone. yoko taro was told to make a dynasty warriors clone but didnt like dynasty warriors so he just made the most unappealing, abnormal game he could think of, only it was so weird that a few people actually liked it so here we are

no the game ends with you rhythym battling a giant naked lady made of salt above Tokyo

then you get lit up by f15s and your Dragon gets impaled on Tokyo tower

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Also his mentality for making the game about a bunch of mass murderers with a closet pedophile being the one to go "guys maybe murder isn't super awesome" is because Taro thought that you'd have to be that hosed up to be a musou game protagonist, which is honestly kind of great.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Endorph posted:

drakengard is a really hosed up game and ends with a bunch of giant babies killing everyone. yoko taro was told to make a dynasty warriors clone but didnt like dynasty warriors so he just made the most unappealing, abnormal game he could think of, only it was so weird that a few people actually liked it so here we are

The Wacky Delly Dilemma

Serf
May 5, 2011

drakengard owns

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It's also somewhat remembered since it was the first big Squeenix release after the merger so they really pushed it hard for advertising

My favorite is still buying sponsorship spots for a wrestling ppv

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

we're going to powerbomb babies on our way to summer slam!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played Drakengard before it was cool

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sakurazuka posted:

So you never stopped playing it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

So when it was just bad?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i played it for about ten minutes before it was cool, and about five minutes after it was wondering where all the praise was coming from, and apparently the cool stuff is all locked behind tepid gameplay, whoops

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Phantasium posted:

we're going to powerbomb babies on our way to summer slam!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is the new background to Games, I hope you all like it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in other yoko taro news I got bored of nier about halfway through the second playthrough and switched back to witcher 3.

it's not really that i dislike the game, i appreciate why it got great reviews and people love it, just for me the bits i liked about it got worn out or dribbled away, leaving all the bits i didn't like still there. it's just not a game for cowcasters.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Has it been noted that the Japan is actually getting the worse end if the deal when it comes to the Super Famicom Mini?

quote:

The Super Famicom Mini gives up Super Castlevania IV, Super Punch-Out, Kirby's Dream Course, and EarthBound, and replaces them with The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, known as Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyūshutsu Emaki, Super Formation Soccer, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, and Panel de Pon, known in the west as Tetris Attack.
Not to say that the game's they're getting are bad (hell, I love me some Tetris Attack) but they are all pretty much significantly worse than the games they're replacing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Has it been noted that the Japan is actually getting the worse end if the deal when it comes to the Super Famicom Mini?

Not to say that the game's they're getting are bad (hell, I love me some Tetris Attack) but they are all pretty much significantly worse than the games they're replacing.

Are you kidding? I'd trade Kirby's Dream Course for Tetris Attack in a heartbeat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Apropos of nothing, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is coming out in like 3 days and I'm really pumped :toot:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'M more confused why Japan's getting FE3 and not Genealogy, aka Waifu Emblem Zero. And that there's no Dragon Quest for them, but maybe they couldn't swing it since they all have phone ports anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mystery of the emblem is super popular in japan, and it's also two games in one so it's pretty big value

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Are you kidding? I'd trade Kirby's Dream Course for Tetris Attack in a heartbeat.

I can't say I'd do the same for Earthbound/ Castlevania 4 / Punch Out, especially when the replacements include a generic soccer game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also fe3 is way better than earthbound. goemon is a bit worse than sciv but the only bad pull there is the soccer game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ImpAtom posted:

Also, I'd take Mystical Ninja over Super Punch-Out any day of the week.
The only real loss in that deal is Castlevania imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Goemon 2 would be better but the first (SNES) one is still pretty good. It is gonna have save states though because having to write those passwords down again would be awful.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Geneology is interesting and started a lot of new mechanics but it's not as good as Mystery

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Apropos of nothing, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is coming out in like 3 days and I'm really pumped :toot:

I still don't really like how it looks but assuming it plays the same I'm looking forward to it (Crash 2/3 at least - I never actually played the first one)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

kirby's dream course is a masterpiece

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DLC Inc posted:

I can't say I'd do the same for Earthbound/ Castlevania 4 / Punch Out, especially when the replacements include a generic soccer game
Generic soccer game plus tetris attack is a pretty decent trade for mini golf and boxing if you're Japanese, I wager. Good choices for regional popularity, imo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

I still don't really like how it looks but assuming it plays the same I'm looking forward to it (Crash 2/3 at least - I never actually played the first one)

Crash 1 is the most difficult one. Hopefully some of the clunky platform got fixed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Goemon for Castlevania seems like an odd trade but I bet it's actually spot on by popularity, and Earthbound for Fire Emblem is evident. Seems like they did their homework.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Gonna play the crap outta Crash Bandicoot as Crash's sister because I can and she's a better character (though being a better character than Crash Bandicoot is a mighty low bar)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VideoGames posted:

This is the new background to Games, I hope you all like it.

Can we get OkadaRaptor.gif instead

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I'M more confused why Japan's getting FE3 and not Genealogy, aka Waifu Emblem Zero. And that there's no Dragon Quest for them, but maybe they couldn't swing it since they all have phone ports anyway.

older dragon quests will never be rereleased on anything but phones

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean Dragon Quest would require giving Square more money and Fire Emblem requires nothing so that's probably why they did that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The dragon quest phone ports own, in case you were wondering.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I forgot OkadaRaptor.gif

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

an actual dog posted:

The dragon quest phone ports own, in case you were wondering.

They control as well as I can ever expect a phone game to, and the translation for 1/2 is amazing but I just wish there was a 3DS/Vita port.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I love alternate-universe maps where the countries are basically the same except slightly changed in spelling and they took a clone stamp to the coastlines

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Classic Sega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So is the new Valkyria bad

• Locked thread