Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

from this i've learned that there is a Taiwan wrestling promotion on Twitch as well?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Attack of the Show is back in pog form? That was like the only good part of G4.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

A little off-topic but there's some decent 'non-people playing video games' things on Twitch. Somebody mentioned Mega64 and they broadcast their podcast live, former goon Kevin Pereira brought back Attack Of The Show Attack and there's some cool travel streams where people wander around various parts of Asia (EXBC, awkwards_travel, Andy Milonakis)

A prominent former wow and hearthstone streamer now regularly streams himself wandering around his city and going on dates with girls he met on stream at hooters. There are no limits, and more importantly, no standards to Twitch anymore, as long as it makes money.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

from this i've learned that there is a Taiwan wrestling promotion on Twitch as well?!

Their most recent show has Emi Sakurai vs. Riho and CIMA what the hell

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Attack of the Show is back in pog form? That was like the only good part of G4.
I liked X-Play, too.

But yeah, G4 was pretty bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna see Nick Gage talk to Andy Milonakis. I'd buy a twitch for that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I wanna see Nick Gage talk to Andy Milonakis. I'd buy a twitch for that.

RIP Andy Milonakis

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

KungFu Grip posted:

Apparently the entire event is on VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154022756

Makes me wonder if Twitch is actually giving these promotions some cash since both Wrestlecircus and this promotion NTW had a Twitch logo on their apron.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Flamita debuting at BOLA 2017? gently caress yes! Please give us a Flamita-Ospreay first round matchup with all the flippy

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Americanrana '17 tickets are on sale. Down to ~100 after the presale. It's in Worcester about a quarter mile from Electric Haze.

quote:

SUNDAY JULY 30TH, 2017
WHITE EAGLE - 116-120 GREEN ST, WORCESTER, MA 01604
5:00PM VIP ENTRY, 5:30PM GA ENTRY, 6:00PM BELL TIME.

Matthew Riddle vs. Joey Janela
Lucha Bros. (Penta El Zero M & Rey Fenix) vs. EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)
Donovan Dijak vs. David Starr
Roppongi Vice (Trent? & Rocky Romero) vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack)
Brian Cage vs. Jonathan Gresham
Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) vs. Team P.A.W.G. (LuFisto & Jordynne Grace)
John Silver vs. JT Dunn
Tables, Ladders, & Chairs: Swoggle vs. Chuck Taylor with Gentleman's Club

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Flamita debuting at BOLA 2017? gently caress yes! Please give us a Flamita-Ospreay first round matchup with all the flippy

Oh man, what if they got Rey Mysterio.

Unrelated, are Punk and Cabana still on the outs?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 27, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When do they announce the rest of the BOLA field

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

next few days

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Typically they announce the tournament field in chunks over the course of a few days (now that I think about it, they announced Cody as the first entrant last year and then waited a few days before starting with the rest), and then a few weeks later will tweet out the first round matchups and non-tourney matches on the first two nights before tickets go on sale.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Oh man, what if they got Rey Mysterio.

My pie in the sky, no way it'll ever happen dream for BOLA is KUSHIDA. With Liger and Hiromu in last year's tournament, the Bucks and Zack bringing PWG's belts to big NJPW shows, and NJPW brass reportedly being at one of the shows earlier in the year, it's marginally more likely now than it's ever been. They could manage it politically if they went back to one fall to a finish in the finals and had him make the final three but not eat the pin. The last match could probably stand to be shorter anyway, since it's at the end of a 5+ hour show and the crowd is usually worn out to begin with.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Typically they announce the tournament field in chunks over the course of a few days (now that I think about it, they announced Cody as the first entrant last year and then waited a few days before starting with the rest), and then a few weeks later will tweet out the first round matchups and non-tourney matches on the first two nights before tickets go on sale.

My pie in the sky, no way it'll ever happen dream for BOLA is KUSHIDA. With Liger and Hiromu in last year's tournament, the Bucks and Zack bringing PWG's belts to big NJPW shows, and NJPW brass reportedly being at one of the shows earlier in the year, it's marginally more likely now than it's ever been. They could manage it politically if they went back to one fall to a finish in the finals and had him make the final three but not eat the pin. The last match could probably stand to be shorter anyway, since it's at the end of a 5+ hour show and the crowd is usually worn out to begin with.

I guess I thought of Rey because of Flamita (I remember reading Rey thought Flamita was the bomb, and he's right), plus Rey lives in San Diego so it's not like Reseda's a big trek for him.

I'm aware it's not gonna happen unless some dumb luck occurs, but a guy can hope.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

They had Liger last year so anything's possible

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

liger is technically a freelancer maybe? or at least he is allowed to book his own dates with the probable exception of nxt, now. so not exactly the same as getting a core roster guy

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
With the rates Rey reportedly charges for indie dates, I think he only wrestles in Reseda as a surprise in the huge 10-man tag on Day 3 where he'd barely do anything. Which would still be cool, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he'd actually be in the tournament and either have to have multiple matches where he'd bump a lot or get bounced in the first round. Rey seems like a guy who's much more protective of himself post-WWE than that. But he was at BOLA in 2015 as a fan with Konnan before the acrimonious split between Konnan and AAA happened, so who knows. Horus and Flamita are definitely both guys who are close with Konnan, and thus Rey by proxy, but I don't know how much Konnan has been interacting with PWG at all over the last couple years. It'll be interesting to see if Daga and/or Garza Jr. break in from their adjacency to Penta and Fenix, having La Rebellion in as a faction would open up a ton of cool possibilities for multiman matches.

Given Punk's outspoken love of the Young Bucks, I've always suspected that if he were to make a surprise one-off return to wrestling (since he apparently has no interest in burying the hatchet with WWE for the money) it would probably happen in Reseda, but now that he hates Colt I don't know who he would even team with. Maybe Bryan whenever he gets out from under contract, that would be a fun way for all parties involved to stick a thumb in WWE's eye. But by that point maybe the Bucks will have sold out, who knows.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Grozz Nuy posted:

but now that he hates Colt I don't know who he would even team with.

Pretty sure Colt denied this but who knows.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jack Anderson posted:

Pretty sure Colt denied this but who knows.

It would behoove Colt to deny a story that makes him look like an rear end in a top hat.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why do Punk and Colt hate each other now?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Why do Punk and Colt hate each other now?

I believe it has to do with the lawsuit?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Iirc it wa something like Colt reached out to Punk for someone else in the business which is not something you do? Or gave them Punk's contact info? Something like that was the story.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Colt went to a WWE show to visit some friends backstage. Since the doctor that's suing them is employed by the WWE, and is probably being funded by the WWE, Punk got pissed.

The contact info thing was even more petty. Hornswoggle lost his phone and asked Punk for a mutual friend's info. I guess Hornswoggle and Punk had been close friends for years, and Punk cut him off completely.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Big Bidness posted:

Colt went to a WWE show to visit some friends backstage. Since the doctor that's suing them is employed by the WWE, and is probably being funded by the WWE, Punk got pissed.

The contact info thing was even more petty. Hornswoggle lost his phone and asked Punk for a mutual friend's info. I guess Hornswoggle and Punk had been close friends for years, and Punk cut him off completely.

Newsflash guys in case you didnt know:

Punk is a dick

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the triple h of the roh locker room

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

WALTER, Travis Banks, and Keith Lee announced today

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah WALTER

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Plz super dragon give me Walter vs Keith lee

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always hate BOLA time because it means ticket prices are going up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't know who Travis Banks is. PWG's taste is impeccable though, so I'll assume he's good and cool.

Eeverybody else is exciting!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I don't know who Travis Banks is. PWG's taste is impeccable though, so I'll assume he's good and cool.

https://twitter.com/skrongstyle/status/863649856333729793

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super intense kiwi who has been on a tear in the UK for the last year

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

:stare:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Big Bidness posted:

Oh.

Well gently caress Punk.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/880238346085249024

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Looks like AAW is about to sell out the Berwyn Eagles Club for a show in August. Guess Cody really does make a difference :shrug:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't wait to see Stan Hansen vs Stan Hansen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Virgil doing a Canadian Destroyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I guarantee he saw Marty Jannetty do it at the Janela show and decided to lift it