Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Will the inevitable n64 one have tetrisphere or the new tetris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fumaofthelake posted:

Is anyone else missing Actraiser? Also would have liked to see Uniracers.

We'll never see Uniracers since Pixar sued Nintendo and won so they could never produce any more cartridges

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's pretty brutal that only japan is getting tetris attack, tho

yeh that stinks. i want goemon too, those games pwn

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
v

Only registered members can see post attachments!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

anyone know if itll have an sd slot that lets you load any ROM you want?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

anyone know if itll have an sd slot that lets you load any ROM you want?

100% unlikely but people will probably figure out how to load any ROM on it like the NES classic

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Fungah! posted:

i m ean yeah, i can rattle off like 20 other games i w ish were on there but its a real fuckin good list. snes is just too powerful

Yeah I mean I'd like to see Cybernator but I don't feel like it's "missing," Actraiser to me feels like it's missing.

But yes I am extremely ready to buy this thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Will the inevitable n64 one have tetrisphere or the new tetris?
Gamecube machine... imagine it. Holy poo poo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats the switch :hypercube: :timesaflatcircle:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fumaofthelake posted:

Yeah I mean I'd like to see Cybernator but I don't feel like it's "missing," Actraiser to me feels like it's missing.

But yes I am extremely ready to buy this thing.

Ever play Metal Warriors? It's very clearly inspired by cybernator with a really awesome two player vs mode.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metal Warriors is a cool game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

this fried something in my brain lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I can't tell if something went wrong with the av change or if wheelhouse has a bot that tells him when your avatar has been changed.

thank you very much guy i probated for $20

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

do it again lol

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

P-Mack posted:

Ever play Metal Warriors? It's very clearly inspired by cybernator with a really awesome two player vs mode.

No but I'll look into it. I did play Front Mission Gun Hazard though.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Just because you took money from a mentally unstable person to harass me doesn't mean you deserve to be harassed by a mentally unstable person.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398534

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've pre-ordered my SNES mini :smug::smugspike::smugteddie::smugdog::smugbert::smugbird::smug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is the ever oasis demo one of those ones where you can carry progreess over into the full game? might check that out tonight.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

is the ever oasis demo one of those ones where you can carry progreess over into the full game? might check that out tonight.

I didn't really think about this before but I'm curious now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think it is because it feels like it drops you into a village halfway through the tutorial so they can immediately get you into combat. I played the demo for a bit and liked basically everything about the game except I wish your move speed was about 8x faster

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

so i read a thing that said we aren't getting more advance wars until they figure out how to put in a fire emblem style waifu system

i guess i can be patient

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

it is not

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I hope Advance Wars stays dead.

Soral
May 30, 2009

P-Mack posted:

so i read a thing that said we aren't getting more advance wars until they figure out how to put in a fire emblem style waifu system

i guess i can be patient

:oh:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope Advance Wars stays dead.

if that rumor is really the case then i agree

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's insane to me that the latest FE was more well received than Fates because the support dialogue was "funnier" and it was a 40 hour FE game with 2 maps and awful game play. I've loved the series for 15 years but I hope it dies.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if that rumor is really the case then i agree

they said they won't bring it back unless they can figure out how to make it as popular as FE, the waifu thing was peoples' inference because that's the primary reason FE blew up again but they never actually said that

they already tried to rejuvenate AW with Days of Ruin but it didn't make a difference. that same team made Codename STEAM and it was a massive flop so now they're on FE duty forever I guess

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

It's insane to me that the latest FE was more well received than Fates because the support dialogue was "funnier" and it was a 40 hour FE game with 2 maps and awful game play. I've loved the series for 15 years but I hope it dies.

I didn't bother to play Echoes but most of the things people complain about are things they lifted from renowned bad game FE Gaiden so I'm not going to write them off after one game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

they said they won't bring it back unless they can figure out how to make it as popular as FE, the waifu thing was peoples' inference because that's the primary reason FE blew up again but they never actually said that

they already tried to rejuvenate AW with Days of Ruin but it didn't make a difference. that same team made Codename STEAM and it was a massive flop so now they're on FE duty forever I guess

two words: mobile gaming

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

two words: mobile gaming

it'd work great on mobile but I don't know how they'd monetise it without ruining it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it'd work great on mobile but I don't know how they'd monetise it without ruining it

Your available units are "cards" that you open from "booster packs" which take 4 hours+ to open (but can be sped up with Gems, which u can purchase with real money) and once you open enough copies of a card you can combine them to upgrade it and give it slightly better health/attack stats
:discourse:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nah really there was a potentially insanely good Advance Wars clone for phones that has been in the making for a few years and was gonna monetize off cosmetic in app purchases but hooked up with a publisher and released a few weeks ago and went with the business model i described above lol. Huge disappointment

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there's no way they wouldn't do exactly the same thing with a real mobile AW either. people talk like Nintendo's somehow above all that bullshit but FE Heroes is by-the-numbers gacha trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Heroes has better maps than Echoes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gamecube machine... imagine it. Holy poo poo.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i m ean yeah, i can rattle off like 20 other games i w ish were on there but its a real fuckin good list. snes is just too powerful

I'd be curious to hear this list, along with a general purposes SNES Everyone Should Play. I just discovered Retroarch and want to revisit games/visit games I couldn't when I was younger (hello english patched Bahamut Lagoon).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sure uh probbly something like:

chrono trigger
dkc2
plok
uniracer
breath of fire 2
goemon
lufia 2
simcity
illusion of gaia
ogre battle
tetris attack
cybernator
metal warriors
actraiser
secret of evermore (i liked it)
harvest moon
run saber
gemfire (early snes mapgame that pwns)
king of dragons
demon's crest

if y ou want import stuff too theres a whole ton of good poo poo, chck out terranigma, live a live, bahamut lagoon, th romancing saga games, seiken densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2), star ocean, the sequels to goemon, maybe fe4 but i havent played that one in a while nd it might not have aged well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i need to play lufia 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

i need to play lufia 2

Since you liked Wild Arms you'll probably like it, it's got puzzles and tools you can use in the field