Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I know it looks cool and all, but is there really any upside for Trunks to fight with a sword?

I think there was a moment in the Zamasu arc where Vegeta asked him why the gently caress he is still using a sword when it's useless garbage and he said it calms him down or makes him feel more confident or something.

Also 18 can't get knocked out early because she and Krillin need to show off their team attacks that they obviously workshopped over the last two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

The introduction to Beerus in Super is him exploding half of a planet because the terrified inhabitants fed him a banquet and he tried one dish and didn't like it.

That's not how the character was introduced and you know it. I even make note of it.

In Super, he's presented as more of a villain, but he's still a goofball comedy character.

To really make it simple- Freeza is based on the things that scared Toriyama the most, and based on what he felt like was the worst possible human being alive. Beerus is based on his cat.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Burkion posted:

To really make it simple- Freeza is based on the things that scared Toriyama the most, and based on what he felt like was the worst possible human being alive. Beerus is based on his cat.

Is there any difference? Ha ha...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope the master tactician Piccolo comes up with a new combo move that doesn't involve standing prone for ten minutes and hoping someone's around to cover him.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I hope the master tactician Piccolo comes up with a new combo move that doesn't involve standing prone for ten minutes and hoping someone's around to cover him.

Just once I want to see him, out of goddamn nowhere, just slam both hands to his forehead and rip out a 1-second-flat dual beam cannon

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"Gohan! I have one move that I think can beat him, but I need you to distract him."
"Well okay-"
"For five minutes."

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope the entire u7 team actually dies or w/e aside from: Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and MAYBE gohan

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

tbp posted:

i hope the entire u7 team actually dies or w/e aside from: Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and MAYBE gohan

Those are the ones who should die and everyone else survive, actually

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
lol looking forward to your adventures of Tien fanfic.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I like how in any normal martial arts show Tien would be an unstoppable God-King, but here he's barely treading water as the team's resident cannon fodder.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

Just once I want to see him, out of goddamn nowhere, just slam both hands to his forehead and rip out a 1-second-flat dual beam cannon
Its two Piccolos so I don't know if it counts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6nKNfK-aQ&t=118s

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i hope tien gets to do even one cool thing before losing

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Monaghan posted:

I'm pretty sure that Vegata doesn't have to yell out final flash to make the beam work.

He strikes me as the type of person who would do it anyway.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

mabels big day posted:

i hope tien gets to do even one cool thing before losing

i dont. hes done nothing to endear himself to me since DB. insanely weird assassin that wants to kill a kid? check. loses an arm to nappa due to being poo poo, and also lets his best friend the clown die immediately and fruitlessly? check. causes ppl to think strongest human krillin isnt the strongest human via the use of some technique which deals 0 damage but has insane knockback against cell? check. loses literally to half of buu at one point? check.

face the facts. tien sucks.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

coolness tier rankings for universe 7 fighters:

S tier -
goku, vegeta

A tier -
freeza (evil)

B tier -
gohan, picollo

C tier -
android 18, android 17

D tier -
krillin, master roshi

F tier -
tien

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nice gimmick

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

tbp posted:

i dont. hes done nothing to endear himself to me since DB. insanely weird assassin that wants to kill a kid? check. loses an arm to nappa due to being poo poo, and also lets his best friend the clown die immediately and fruitlessly? check. causes ppl to think strongest human krillin isnt the strongest human via the use of some technique which deals 0 damage but has insane knockback against cell? check. loses literally to half of buu at one point? check.

face the facts. tien sucks.

He broke Yamucha's leg showcasing how bad rear end he was.....

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Shards of Fate posted:

He broke Yamucha's leg showcasing how bad rear end he was.....

yamcha is somehow even worse than tien.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I guess being able to beat yamcha up is technically a qualification for being badass, even if only because it's impossible to be cool and lose to yamcha at the same time

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I guess being able to beat yamcha up is technically a qualification for being badass, even if only because it's impossible to be cool and lose to yamcha at the same time

goku is cool tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wish all of DB(Z) was avaialble in this quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFl6ydm7O-w

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm never gonna get tired of that scene with Gohan jumping across the ridge and Shenron rising out of the clouds behind him. :allears:

Thanks for sharing that. Great stuff.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I don't know where this came from but this was a nice touch.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I was going to say they should have just brought Devilmite Beam guy to the Tournament of Power but it would do nothing against the Pride Troopers, as they are pure of heart and soul. :smith:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Raxivace posted:

I was going to say they should have just brought Devilmite Beam guy to the Tournament of Power but it would do nothing against the Pride Troopers, as they are pure of heart and soul. :smith:

Also, you know, you're not allowed to kill people in the tournament.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Who can truly say what the Devilmite Beam does to a man? Perhaps it merely sends you to another dimension.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This video is awesome! Not seen this length before. The animation really is amazing, and the song is still totally boss.

Also I just figured out those three things plummeting to earth are the 3 saiyans (derp).

Also Bulma's boobs are highly noticeable.

Also Goku is barely in it and they're blatantly building the whole show around Gohan.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

graham cracker posted:

So what happens to fighters that fall out of the ring? Do they just re-materialize in the spectator stands?

So, you ever play Portal and put one portal directly above the other?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Goku is all worried about the universe with super heroes and everyone has forgotten about the ultra powerful assassin who can literally STOP TIME to beat the gently caress out of you. Hit could win this tournament alone.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Goku is all worried about the universe with super heroes and everyone has forgotten about the ultra powerful assassin who can literally STOP TIME to beat the gently caress out of you. Hit could win this tournament alone.

Hit is going to job hard

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Andrast posted:

Hit is going to job hard

I've been thinking that. My guess is Jirgen or whatever his name is smashes his poo poo in

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Guildo could stop time for a lot longer than Hit and he got his rear end handed to him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

coolness tier rankings for universe 7 fighters:

S tier -
goku, vegeta

A tier -
freeza (evil)

B tier -
gohan, picollo

C tier -
android 18, android 17

D tier -
krillin, master roshi

F tier -
tien

Switch Vegeta and Freeza imho

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku beat Hit's time stopping power anyway, he literally powered up and broke a dimensional wall

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Andrast posted:

Hit is going to job hard

yeah considering this is still a "no killing" tournament Hit is going to be holding back a lot so he's definitely going to get beaten all to hell

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
All he really has to do is freeze time and start throwing people out of the ring.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

unless you dimension break you can't hit Hit to knock him out either. He can just sit back and chill. Also no one should know about it except Goku.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't believe some of you actually think that Hit isn't jobbing really hard in this tournament

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hit is going to get owned so hard he'll spontaneously turn into Yamcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Looking forward to next Abridged episode when 16's heartfelt message to Gohan is about how he needs to kill Son Goku

• Locked thread