Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
For study (in English) then work. I'll still be an EU citizen post brexit. 🇮🇪

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I can't wait to get gay married to the Atomausstieg

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best street name is still Karl-Max-Allee, right here in the beautiful city of Berlin.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

There's a fantastic burrito place on Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://goo.gl/maps/U6E8c7sSFP22

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

The best street name is still Karl-Max-Allee, right here in the beautiful city of Berlin.

The only thing missing here would be a street named Friedrich Egels-Allee right next to it. :v:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Libluini posted:

The only thing missing here would be a street named Friedrich Egels-Allee right next to it. :v:

I'd love for this street to exist, but Google maps doesn't have it ...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Smirr posted:

I can't wait to get gay married to the Atomausstieg

It's a pretty transparent attempt by the SPD to try and get some of that Grüne/FDP thunder after they were the first to come out with gay marriage as a coalition requirement, but as long as it finally gets done I'm not gonna complain. :shobon:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Drone posted:

There's a fantastic burrito place on Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße.

in my city the only noteworthy thing on the rosa-luxemburg-straße is the hartz-4 center :ironicat:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

oliwan posted:

I agree, Karl Marx was a good composer and it's only just that he's honoured that way

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Today is the last day I can cancel my Vodafone Mobilfunk Vertrag, so I call Vodafone if they can offer me a good deal.

Me: Hi, so I'm thinking about kündigen, but I will verlängern if you can offer me a free Galaxy S8 with a €40-€50 monthly fee, like I can get at O2, Telekom, simfinity, etc.

Voda: we can offer you a free galaxy s8 for a monthly fee of €75.

Me: ehm okay I guess then I guess I'll cancel and move to another carrier but thanks.

Voda: but wait, did you really think this true? We can offer you a €60 a month Vertrag with an S8 for €100 Zuzahlung!

Me:.... But, it's literally much cheaper at all the other carriers I just mentioned. With free phone.

Voda: yeah... But you have three months left with us, and who knows what they will charge then!!! Also don't forget costs for Nummer behalten usw.

Me: you are still much more expensive if I factor that in.

Voda: yeah... I guess you'll have to make that decision yourself.

Me: uhm yeah lol. Anyway thanks und schönen Tag *cancels Vodafone Vertrag* :feelsgood:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I still use the Telekom prepaid card I got for my first Nokia phone in 2007.

Actually both the physical card and the details of the tariff have changed multiple times, but it's the principle of the thing.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

quote:

Hamburg schmeisst Berliner Polizisten raus

Nach »Sex in der Öffentlichkeit« und »Urinieren in der Öffentlichkeit« müssen mehrere Hundertschaften die Hansestadt vorzeitig verlassen

Offenbar scheinen bei einem Teil der in Hamburg stationierten Polizisten die Nerven bereits blank zu liegen. Zumindest die Berliner Hundertschaften wurden bereits vorzeitig wieder aus der Hansestadt abgezogen, da es in ihrer Unterkunft ein »Fehlverhalten« gegeben haben soll. Dies erklärte die Berliner Polizei selbst am Dienstagmorgen über ihren Twitteraccount. »Wir haben Stellungnahmen angefordert und werden anschließend über Konsequenzen entscheiden«, heißt es weiter in der Meldung.

Ein Polizeisprecher, der seinen Namen nicht genannt haben will, bestätigte gegenüber »nd« Vorwürfe nach »Sex in der Öffentlichkeit«, »Urinieren in der Öffentlichkeit« sowie den »Tanz einer Beamtin im Bademantel mit einer Waffe auf dem Tisch«. Die betroffenen Hundertschaften wären in einem »Containerdorf« untergebracht gewesen.

Die linksradikale Berliner Gruppe »TOP«, die auch zu den Protesten gegen den G20-Gipfel mobilisiert, zeigte in sozialen Netzwerken Humor. Dort erklärte sie: »Nein, wir haben kein Problem mit Polizist*innen die an Zäune urinieren und Sex in der Öffentlichkeit haben. Denn dabei verprügeln sie immerhin keine Leute oder schieben Menschen ab.«

Laut einem Bericht der »BZ-Berlin« soll es sich bei den Einheiten um die 14., 15., und 32. Einsatzhundertschaften handeln. Seit vergangenem Sonntag seien sie in der Hansestadt im Dienst gewesen, am Montagabend wären sie dann aus dem Einsatz zurückgezogen worden.

Die Polizisten seien nach Informationen der Zeitung aufgrund ihrer Feiervorliebe »bewusst« in einer ehemaligen Asylbewerberunterkunft untergebracht worden. Der Ordnerdienst sei angewiesen gewesen, jeden Verstoß zu dokumentieren. Die Wachschützer hätten dann später beobachtet, wie ein »Polizistenpärchen in aller Öffentlichkeit Sex an einem Zaun« hatte. Beamte hätten zudem nach einer »lautstarken Party gemeinsam in einer Reihe an einen Zaun uriniert«. Eine Kollegin habe »nur in einem Bademantel mit einer Waffe in der Hand« auf dem Tisch getanzt.

Die Polizisten hätten ihr Verhalten damit gerechtfertigt, dass es »keine Fernseher, kein Freizeitangebot« gegeben habe. Man habe »aufeinander gehockt« und sich »gelangweilt«.

Nach »B.Z.-Informationen« wusste der Hamburger Polizeiführer Hartmut Dudde bereits aus der gemeinsamen Zeit während des Castor-Einsatzes in Gorleben, wie exzessiv die Berliner außerhalb des Dienstes »feiern« würden.

Vom 7. bis zum 8. Juli sollen fünf neue Hundertschaften aus der Hauptstadt in Hamburg im Einsatz sein. Zu der Frage, ob diese nach dem Bekanntwerden der aktuellen Vorwürfe ein weiteres Briefing erhalten, wollte sich der Polizeisprecher gegenüber »nd« nicht äußern.

Bereits 2014 erlangte die mittlerweile aufgelöste 23. Berliner Hundertschaft unrühmliche Bekanntheit, nachdem nach einer Feier ein fragwürdiges Video aufgetaucht war. Die Bilder zeigten unter anderem Beamte in Dessous, die inszenierte Versteigerung eines »Autonomen« sowie simulierten Oralverkehr mit einem Mann, der einen Turban trägt und später mit einer Pistole am Kopf abgeführt wurde.

:thunk:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

oliwan posted:

Today is the last day I can cancel my Vodafone Mobilfunk Vertrag, so I call Vodafone if they can offer me a good deal.

Me: Hi, so I'm thinking about kündigen, but I will verlängern if you can offer me a free Galaxy S8 with a €40-€50 monthly fee, like I can get at O2, Telekom, simfinity, etc.

Voda: we can offer you a free galaxy s8 for a monthly fee of €75.

Me: ehm okay I guess then I guess I'll cancel and move to another carrier but thanks.

Voda: but wait, did you really think this true? We can offer you a €60 a month Vertrag with an S8 for €100 Zuzahlung!

Me:.... But, it's literally much cheaper at all the other carriers I just mentioned. With free phone.

Voda: yeah... But you have three months left with us, and who knows what they will charge then!!! Also don't forget costs for Nummer behalten usw.

Me: you are still much more expensive if I factor that in.

Voda: yeah... I guess you'll have to make that decision yourself.

Me: uhm yeah lol. Anyway thanks und schönen Tag *cancels Vodafone Vertrag* :feelsgood:

Haha I just cancelled my Vodafone internet contract too. Same price for 120 Mbit/s internet with UnityMedia vs. 16 Mbit/s with Vodafone and we get 2-3 in practice? Done, gently caress off forever Voda

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

:mmmsmug: even our cops can't function in civilized society

Lmao at the TV excuse

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

lmao “was, kein Fernseher hier? LANGWEILIG!!“ *pisses at lamp post* *has nasty sex orgies in public* *does sexy table dance wearing nothing but a gun*

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, they're still Bullen, But they're our bullen.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

System Metternich posted:

*pisses at lamp post* *has nasty sex orgies in public* *does sexy table dance wearing nothing but a gun*
Idk, sounds like Berlin to me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
:ughh:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

System Metternich posted:

lmao “was, kein Fernseher hier? LANGWEILIG!!“ *pisses at lamp post* *has nasty sex orgies in public* *does sexy table dance wearing nothing but a gun*

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

JaucheCharly posted:

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
You only get customer retention offers after you terminated your contract.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

quote:

In der internen Kommunikation von Beamten, die dem SPIEGEL vorliegt, heißt es, die aus Hamburg verbannten Bereitschaftspolizisten sollten in Berlin angeblich mit einer Willkommensparty ihrer Kollegen empfangen werden.

Bilder der Unterkunft wiederum zeigen eine feiernde Menge zwischen Wohncontainern, einzelne Beamte recken grölend ihre Arme in die Luft. Auch scheinen die Berliner Polizisten mehrere Wasserpfeifen in die Unterkunft mitgebracht zu haben. Fotos, die offenbar am Morgen nach der Feier entstanden sind, dokumentieren die Intensität der Party: Stühle wurden zu Haufen aufgetürmt, Flaschen, Dosen und Müll liegen zwischen den Unterkünften.

Wasserpfeifen :thunk:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

It's a pretty transparent attempt by the SPD to try and get some of that Grüne/FDP thunder after they were the first to come out with gay marriage as a coalition requirement, but as long as it finally gets done I'm not gonna complain. :shobon:

Introduce gay marriage, wait for Greens to crash and burn, outlaw gay marriage again, use it as a bargaining chip once the next nominally leftists splinter party shows up trying to steal the CDU's country. :colbert:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fact that Germany doesn't have gay marriage is just so weird and shows that all Bundesländer with a CDU/CSU majority should be abgeschoben.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oliwan posted:

The fact that Germany doesn't have gay marriage is just so weird and shows that all Bundesländer with a CDU/CSU majority should be abgeschoben.

Lots of countries don't have gay marriage, like Ghana or the mountain republic of Nagorno-Karabakh

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Lots of countries don't have gay marriage, like Ghana or the mountain republic of Nagorno-Karabakh

Or almost every European county south or east of Germany.

But given the polls it's a good idea to get rid of the topic before the election.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Die Kommentare auf Tagesschau.de zur Gleichstellung der Ehe sind köstlich.
"Die Ehe ist eine christlich-heterosexuelle Erfindung!" Nein. Und selbst wenn - und?

Manche Leute behandeln ihre Ehe echt als sei es ein Eigentum, das an Wert verliert wenn andere in die Nachbarschaft ziehen...

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Apparently the SPD is going to put it to a vote this week or next week. I'm excited. Basically every possible scenario on this will long-term screw over SPD and Greens. :shittydog:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Switzerland is also really shameful on this issue, sadly.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Randler posted:

Apparently the SPD is going to put it to a vote this week or next week. I'm excited. Basically every possible scenario on this will long-term screw over SPD and Greens. :shittydog:

My favorite outcome would be that it gets stricken down by the BVG sometime next year and all gay marriages get annulled.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

GaussianCopula posted:

My favorite outcome would be that it gets stricken down by the BVG sometime next year and all gay marriages get annulled.

i know i dump on you a lot GC, but thank you for reminding me periodically that, no matter what my opinion of you is, you're somehow even worse.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Annul GC imo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GaussianCopula posted:

Even if the the BVerfG strikes down the new law (if it passes), it is extremely unlikely that they would void any gay marriages concluded in the meantime.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Even if the the BVerfG strikes down the new law (if it passes), it is extremely unlikely that they would void any gay marriages concluded in the meantime.

Vertrauensschutz rules

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

GaussianCopula posted:

As someone who would be entering into a homosexual marriage by that point: gently caress you tremendously hard, you smug intolerant prick.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Drone posted:

As someone who would be entering into a homosexual marriage by that point: gently caress you tremendously hard, you smug intolerant prick.

Unless Heiko Maas screws up the draft law and accidentally does not make the rules governing non-Germans marrying under German law apply to same sex marriages.

Which I'd totally expect him to do, because he is extremely terrible at drafting laws.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

oliwan posted:

Germany like other European countries took the civil union sidestep, which was rather forward back in the day, but looks quaint when others now leap you with full equality.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Randler posted:

Unless Heiko Maas screws up the draft law and accidentally does not make the rules governing non-Germans marrying under German law apply to same sex marriages.

Which I'd totally expect him to do, because he is extremely terrible at drafting laws.

It's less about some accidental oversight in drafting a law that passes gay marriages, and more about GaussianCopula literally hoping that real people (who post in this thread, no less) in real relationships get their marriage annulled because of his incredibly petty and narrowminded partisan biases. This isn't a loving game, these are people's lives, and I take being flippant about it very personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Wengy posted:

Switzerland is also really shameful on this issue, sadly.

Is this a cantonal or federal issue? Because if it's the former gay people in Appenzell Innerrhoden shouldn't expect to get married before 2090 or so