Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

pram posted:

i just updated moom. and i wish i didnt. because for whatever dumbfuck reason they turned the grid into this atrocity

holy gently caress what!!!

idk if this fits your use case but ive used bettersnaptool for a long time and think its great

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol, what if you just used an os that natively supported this very basic ui concept?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pram posted:

i just updated moom. and i wish i didnt. because for whatever dumbfuck reason they turned the grid into this atrocity

holy gently caress what!!!

what the heck is moom

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

i guess they hosed your Moom

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...

• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse

Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

infernal machines posted:

lol, what if you just used an os that natively supported this very basic ui concept?

is there one? i know windows tried in 7 but its so lovely there that its essentially useless. because i dont hate myself i havent used windows newer than 7 but if theres one thing i know about microsoft is that they introduce half baked ideas and progressively make them worse so im sure it peaked with aero

i do know ill never find out if they fixed it because only an idiot would use windows by choice

ufarn
May 30, 2009
newer versions of windows use snapping to edges just fine, and windows 10 now automatically lets a second window taking up the remaining space on the screen

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows doesnt do the feature im describing stfu

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

only an idiot would use windows by choice

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
Moom sounds great, a thing for janitoring an OS that doesnt need janitoring

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Moom sounds great

agreed!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
moom sounds like a very Linux solution to a bad window manager

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

m o o m, that spells moom

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BONGHITZ posted:

m o o m, that spells moom

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shaggar posted:

should really just use windows

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Fabricated posted:

should really just use windows

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

i guess they hosed your Moom

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
My bespoke window janitoring

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
my os works so well i bought an app to help me resize windows

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yep it owns. only $10 on the app store. a great enhancement to the worlds most advanced operating system

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
moom get the camera

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
just build one of those setups they use to monitor nuclear reactors or whatever with 8 screens and a bunch of mounting arms and use fullscreen hth

pram
Jun 10, 2001
how much fiery fatty beef jerky could $10 buy :jerky:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

infernal machines posted:

my os works so well i bought an app to help me resize windows

Mac users are sick in the head, op, and it's sad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pram posted:

windows doesnt do the feature im describing stfu

windows has the good and important parts of this feature though (snapping windows to take an area of the screen in a semi-maximized sort of way), it is literally the only ui innovation microsoft has brought about since windows 95, so i will give it to them

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

pram posted:

Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...

• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse

Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.

oh poo poo, shaggar was right, osx is a linux! :eek:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shaggar posted:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
excuse me waiter, there appears to be a moom in my chome

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Mac users are sick in the head, op, and it's sad

stockholm syndrome in this post is unreal

ufarn
May 30, 2009
moom is a fine piece of software, but dear lord, the "what software does x that windows does" period of migrating to macos is such a loving pain

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Wheany posted:

oh poo poo, shaggar was right, osx is a linux! :eek:

moomarf

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

stockholm syndrome in this post is unreal

how so?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i saw a gold ipad and i liked it and now im insecure. what color did you guys buy your ipad in? pram can you please put up a poll thankx

poty fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 27, 2017

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

poty posted:

i saw a gold ipad and i liked it and now im insecure. what color did you guys buy your ipad in? pram can you please put up a poll thankx

all my apple devices are space grey because white bezels are the worst

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i have the gold one and love it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

qirex posted:

all my apple devices are space grey because white bezels are the worst

if youre gonna use it to write notes and read content with white backgrounds like pdfs and websites wouldnt it actually blend better with the white bezels

poty fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 27, 2017

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

poty posted:

what color did you guys buy your ipad in?
the path is space grey :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i also use black bezels as steve intended

• Locked thread