Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Motherfucker posted:

a self felating ouroboros of bad posts

So where do you fit in on this mutual self serving dick sucking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I realize I need to actually play with goons sometime instead of just pubbies. My steam name is the same as my posting name :dance:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
"I have to do something"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Burkion posted:

So where do you fit in on this mutual self serving dick sucking?

I don't. I feel so left out from the cool kids circle. (of dicks)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

I felt really bad about it too.

Terry and I were in a pub game together, he rolled Jason, I was Tommy due to reasons. So I got the car put together for the pubs and got them in it, and the plan was to get them close to the exit and then I was going to abandon them to Terry. Give them hope and then yank it away.

And then I saved one of them from being grabbed and WHOOPS there went Terry

Burkion posted:

With Vargerd last night it was just unfortunate.

He was part 7 Jason, I was a Tiffany, and we were running around the car. I'm still not sure how it happened, but he caught me in front of the car, and some one ran up from behind and smacked him.

Cue him flying out of the map.

I still don't know how that triggered, I guess because he was so close to the car?

The second one is what really baffles me. So after that attempt, we made him Jason again to make up for it. The game gave him Part 3 Jason to compensate. I think he was loving around with me again- I don't remember if I hit him or if some one else did, but the key point is that he ends up getting smacked out of the world AGAIN. This time though, he's able to morph back due to being part 3 Jason and not being stunned as long.

In this situation, there was no car loving with him. He just got knocked the gently caress out of the map some how. It was kind of comical how we milled around after he vanished, only to have to run when he came back. Thankfully he ignored me while I triggered all of his traps, healed, strolled away, got the phone fuse, came back and put the fuse in.

Shame about people not understanding how to make phone calls.

They eventually did, after I died protecting the box, and by that point it was just Deathsworn and Weasel as Tommy left with less than two minutes on the clock. Vargerd was going pretty hard after Deathsworn, until I decided to save the day. I reminded him that Tommy was still alive and that any good Jason needed to kill Tommy, and directed him to where Tommy was. Cue Weasel trying to kill himself on a broken window as Vargerd slowly followed my instructions to him.

By the time Vargerd got up there and weasel was about to go through the window again, the match ended.

I consider that a personal victory. Always sacrifice your Tommys for time.

Burk
/bɜːk/
verb (transitive) ( slang)
1. To completely blunder a situation in the most ridiculous way possible.
usage:
    -Wow, he really Burk'ed that phone up. *fuse flies through the air and kills someone*

-We had Tommy called, but Jason came then it got all Burk. I guess we're stuck inside the fireplace together now.

-I'm not sure how you Burk a car so badly that it blocks the police exit.

verb (proper) ( goon)
2. A great goon to group with because of the propensity to Burk.
usage:
    -"Wait... Burk is Tommy?" *dives through 2nd story window*

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Burk
/bɜːk/
usage:
    -Wow, he really Burk'ed that phone up. *fuse flies through the air and kills someone*

-We had Tommy called, but Jason came then it got all Burk. I guess we're stuck inside the fireplace together now.

verb (proper) ( goon)
usage:

you really burk at posting.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Burkion posted:

He was part 7 Jason, I was a Tiffany, and we were running around the car. I'm still not sure how it happened, but he caught me in front of the car, and some one ran up from behind and smacked him.

I still don't know how that triggered, I guess because he was so close to the car?

The second one is what really baffles me. So after that attempt, we made him Jason again to make up for it. The game gave him Part 3 Jason to compensate. I think he was loving around with me again- I don't remember if I hit him or if some one else did, but the key point is that he ends up getting smacked out of the world AGAIN. This time though, he's able to morph back due to being part 3 Jason and not being stunned as long.

In this situation, there was no car loving with him. He just got knocked the gently caress out of the map some how. It was kind of comical how we milled around after he vanished, only to have to run when he came back. Thankfully he ignored me while I triggered all of his traps, healed, strolled away, got the phone fuse, came back and put the fuse in.

They eventually did, after I died protecting the box, and by that point it was just Deathsworn and Weasel as Tommy left with less than two minutes on the clock. Vargerd was going pretty hard after Deathsworn, until I decided to save the day. I reminded him that Tommy was still alive and that any good Jason needed to kill Tommy, and directed him to where Tommy was. Cue Weasel trying to kill himself on a broken window as Vargerd slowly followed my instructions to him.

By the time Vargerd got up there and weasel was about to go through the window again, the match ended.

I don't think this was me, by the time I was free the goon group was full so I went on a pub rampage instead. Turns out when you play so much with goons it gets really easy to murder the uncoordinated even when you random into jason 7.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Motherfucker posted:

you really burk at posting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I support this.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DrNutt posted:

Having just watched parts 2 and 3 for the first time, my first thought was "why the gently caress is there no wheelchair guy in the game???" I'm sure the answer is limited resources but...

If there was a wheelchair guy I'd have to roll around yelling "Saaaallyyyy!"

Wrong franchise but w/e

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

King Vidiot posted:

If there was a wheelchair guy I'd have to roll around yelling "Saaaallyyyy!"

Wrong franchise but w/e

Come on, push!

Get back down there and push down!

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Burk
/bɜːk/
usage:

verb (proper) ( goon)
usage:
I'm disappointed there's no anecdote here for when Burk didn't see the shack 2 feet in front of his face. There were like 6 people dead spectating one of his jason 7 games, we hear him ask "where do I live" while looking directly at Jason's shack and then proceed to morph to the opposite side of the shack.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

imweasel09 posted:

I'm disappointed there's no anecdote here for when Burk didn't see the shack 2 feet in front of his face. There were like 6 people dead spectating one of his jason 7 games, we hear him ask "where do I live" while looking directly at Jason's shack and then proceed to morph to the opposite side of the shack.

I was there for that one as well. He just stood still for a few seconds, looking directly at the shack, and the teleported 20 feet to the other side of it.

Clearly some high level Burk strat we don't understand.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You guys didn't see what I saw.

Which wasn't my shack.

Jasons can be very lost okay

Don't judge me

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Wheelchair Bro was one of the rare victims who wasn't an outright jerk in the films. I support the inclusion of Wheelchair Bro

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I dont the German government needs to stop playing games with the American people.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My favorite Burk moment was when we all granted him a game of hide+seek with him as Jason 7 and and he still lost.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

I dont the German government needs to stop playing games with the American people.

Counterpoint, I somehow got dumped in a lobby of German players and listening to a growly german playing Jason in a sing-song voice (I assume he was beckoning me to die) is the most pants-shittingly terrifying thing in gaming history.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My favorite Burk moment was when we all granted him a game of hide+seek with him as Jason 7 and and he still lost.

Terry won that game for you and you know it.

Re: The My House incident. So the worst thing was something you guys couldn't see.

I was so busy looking for the little icon of where my house was, I actually failed to process that I was right next to it until I had already clicked it. By the time I started teleporting, and you guys started laughing, I realized that my dumb little arrow was near it.

Ages ago, Tinfoil, you wondered if I did these things on purpose. The answer is no. The answer is always no.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My hiding spot for that game was so good I tried it in a normal pubbie game to see if I could out last Jason.

Worked. Everyone was super pissed.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

ComposerGuy posted:

My hiding spot for that game was so good I tried it in a normal pubbie game to see if I could out last Jason.

Worked. Everyone was super pissed.

I was at one of the Higgins north cabins, not the one you were looking in, Burk.

He killed the power at Higgins right off, so I risked it and ran out of the cabin, fixed the power at the barn, then ran back. I was one of the three who survived.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I was at one of the Higgins north cabins, not the one you were looking in, Burk.

He killed the power at Higgins right off, so I risked it and ran out of the cabin, fixed the power at the barn, then ran back. I was one of the three who survived.

I was in the water behind a rock on the far eastern side of the map. I managed to position myself so that my flashlight would hit the rock and not be visible from any angle but directly behind me in the water, and since I thought to pick Jenny I banked on her maxed composure to keep me from lighting up on sense.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
y'all should come join the Burklejerk tonight, we had two full lobbies going and most of these goons seem cool. i tend to bail if there are ppl more toxic than me hanging around because holy poo poo how toxic do you have to be, that's some toxic avengers poo poo

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Phyresis posted:

y'all should come join the Burklejerk tonight, we had two full lobbies going and most of these goons seem cool. i tend to bail if there are ppl more toxic than me hanging around because holy poo poo how toxic do you have to be, that's some toxic avengers poo poo

We've had a couple of poo poo'ers work their way into goon games a few times, they generally don't get reinvited.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

Even more baffling are the instances where you get some lucky breaks on a Jason only for them to immediately-disconnect.

Dude, You stepped in a beartrap and got stunned twice by Tubbs and the police got called in the first five minutes; it's not the end of the world.

In other news, I'm starting to really warm up on Chappa now that I've slotted the "lose fear while hiding" perk; it seems to have reduced his chances of making sounds while hiding by a great deal, and when combined with sense-evading perks I can waste a good deal of Jason's time if you plan ahead.

How to (maybe) not die as Tubbs Mckenzie:

1. Be in a medium-or-larger-sized cabin. Hiding in those single-room setups is suicide unless Jason is focused on another counselor, you want to stay in the general area, and you're certain he didn't notice where you ran off to.

2. Keep all doors closed and open multiple windows; barricading is optional. You want Jason to believe that you have crawled out a window or snuck into a bathroom. PRO CHICKENHEART STRAT: In cabins with multiple exits, open the door opposite of the one Jason is chopping down, and sneak back under a bed; every Jason I've done this to has fallen for this ruse.

3. Do NOT allow Jason to see where you are in the cabin, and do NOT allow him to hear you shuffling around! That means putting out your light when you hear the music come up, staying away from windows, and hiding BEFORE Jason starts smashing windows/doors. Closets make very distinct noises when used, and while the "shuffling under a bed" noise is less distinct, any Jason worth his salt will know what you're planning if he keeps an ear out. CHICKENSTRAT: Use the in-game chat to mask the noises your fat rear end makes! My favorite is yelling "Welp I'm outta here, get _____ done while he's chasing me through the woods" while I slyly squeeze into a closet as Jason hacks at a door!

4. Hide in the densest concentration of beds/closets/rooms possible. Upstairs Packanack, the windowless bedroom area in barracks lodges, and (VERY occasionally) the shower stalls near Evergreen are choice spots for a Chappa.

5. Have an exit plan. Whether he starts stabbing all the beds, hears you whimper, or just plain saw your outline from having a tanked composure, you'll need a means of extending your pitiful life by a few more precious seconds. Slipping out while Jason's stuck in a bed-poking animation is usually your best-case scenario, while popping out of a closet as he's approaching and popping a flare/firecrackers in his face will do in a pinch.

6. The best hiding perk is having another player in the cabin to throw off your scent. Blatantly ducking into a closet while Jason is lurking just in the next room over can actually work if there's someone else making a racket. Bonus points if your buddy dies directly in front of your hiding place and Jason morphs away in front of your eyes.

With these tips, and a metric rear end-ton of luck and bad plays made by the Jason-player, you too can infuriate and boggle the minds of bad Jasons everywhere!

I constantly use other people as a disguise when I don't really care about them. If Jason's music kicks in while I'm in a cabin with several people I'll hide in a closet and let him chase everyone else.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

That first time was me. I bonked him with wrench.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's the second time I STILL don't get.

The first time at least involved the car

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So, sort of a tangent, but Jason really blatantly won Freddy vs Jason right? My friends keep saying it was a draw but like, Jason walked out of the lake looking not much worse for the wear while Freddy's literally just a loving head

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

So, sort of a tangent, but Jason really blatantly won Freddy vs Jason right? My friends keep saying it was a draw but like, Jason walked out of the lake looking not much worse for the wear while Freddy's literally just a loving head

But he winked!

No, you're right. As soon as Freddy didn't have the home field advantage he was toast. Although you could argue the same of Jason, and he needed help to get back to his own turf. Without those kids he probably wouldn't have ever woken up.

Basically whichever one ended up on their home turf was gonna win, and Freddy kinda got screwed over on that one.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 27, 2017

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

But he winked!

No, you're right. As soon as Freddy didn't have the home field advantage he was toast. Although you could argue the same of Jason, and he needed help to get back to his own turf. Without those kids he probably wouldn't have ever woken up.

Basically whichever one ended up on their home turf was gonna win, and Freddy kinda got screwed over on that one.

Even without the homefield advantage, Jason still held his own really well. He loving tanked everything Freddy did until Freddy finally started invoking Jason's childhood which is pretty much his only real weakness.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 27, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I guess once we get a sequel we'll know for *foam begins spilling out of mouth*

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

SilverSupernova posted:

Even without the homefield advantage, Jason still held his one really well. He loving tanked everything Freddy did until Freddy finally started invoking Jason's childhood which is pretty much his only real weakness.

Eh, that's more a case of Freddy's cockiness than anything else. Once Freddy starts in with the childhood stuff(which is really the main thing his home field provides him, the ability to gently caress with people's minds) it's basically all over.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

if you disregard the terrible movie it really boils down to this question: does Jason sleep and dream? :thunk:

if he does he's hosed, if not there's nothin Scary Terry can do

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

These spoiler tags are making me chuckle.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

the killer is actually Jason's mom, Pamela

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i was a big fan of cheesy slashers growing up and i'll be the first to tell you that it looked like they kinda had to bend over backward to make freddy vs jason look like an actual matchup. in general jason was taking freddy to the cleaners. it reminded me of the transformers franchises when they had metroplex and trypticon square off; trypticon is big, but his alt form is a dinosaur, or a battleship/space station, depending on which continuity we're in.

metroplex is an entire loving city and put side by side it distinctly looks like he could punt trypticon like a soccer ball and he'd disappear over the horizon. similarly, yeah sure freddy's a problem when you're a panicky teenager, but when you're the embodied terror of human hunters walking down their prey, the physical form of a loving force of nature that shepherded billions of predatory apes to dominance of a planet, turns out you won't really be that bothered by a weirdo with knife gloves and a scratchy sweater.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

reignofevil posted:

I guess once we get a sequel we'll know for *foam begins spilling out of mouth*

They made a comic of the proposed Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash, I don't know if it was actually any good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
If we disregard FvJ, its pretty unclear if there's anything at all in this world that could put Jason down for good.

Even if Jason does dream, what could Freddy do in the dream to actually kill him? If you're a zombie that constantly comes back from the dead then what exactly can a guy with knife fingers even do to you?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

it is a transformers analogy

Basebf555 posted:

If we disregard FvJ, its pretty unclear if there's anything at all in this world that could put Jason down for good.

Even if Jason does dream, what could Freddy do in the dream to actually kill him? If you're a zombie that constantly comes back from the dead then what exactly can a guy with knife fingers even do to you?

turn him into a little boy and drown him. not joking, it's ez pz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phyresis posted:

turn him into a little boy and drown him. not joking, it's ez pz

He seemed to come back from that one pretty easily in real life though. He's been hacked up, shot, drowned multiple times, blown up, you name it. None of it works in the real world, so why would it work in a dream? The teenagers that Freddy kills are just regular people that he slashes up with is claws, that poo poo won't fly with Jason, little boy or no(again, if we're disregarding FvJ).

• Locked thread