Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Mainely news:

Maine Senate votes for Repeal of Ranked Choice

The repeal bill now goes to the Democratic-controlled House.

Hopefully the house can keep it since people voted for it. Bad dem senate dude saying "It'll confuse voters :saddowns:" for 2 types of voting on the ballot.

---

Also Collins finally said No to the senate health bill.

~Show me what you :orb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Condiv posted:

"i support single payer, but we need to try it at a county level first"- the democrats

look at this radical leftist. Let's start at the municipal level and see where things go.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al! posted:

im from oregon so im genetically disposed to believe this with every fiber of my being

Hmm just a certain kind of person who lives in California but not Oregon. Can't quite put my finger on what that might be.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yes, actually, because otherwise the T-800 won't be able to ride his Harley through them and save John Conner, dooming us all.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

Yes, actually, because otherwise the T-800 won't be able to ride his Harley through them and save John Conner, dooming us all.

wouldn't doing nothing preserve that? the tweet indicates he wants to fill the concrete tunnels with water which would be hard to motorcycle through

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hmm he should have just canceled everything imo.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bip Roberts posted:

Hmm just a certain kind of person who lives in California but not Oregon. Can't quite put my finger on what that might be.

actually ur the racist for minimizing oregon's robust - if admittedly small - minority communities, b*tch

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Serious question, tho.

Assuming by some miracle that a nationwide single-payer system gets passed sometime soon (and I 100% agree that this is the goal). How does it avoid being sabotaged by the people (in both parties) who want to see it fail so that they can campaign on its failure?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Al! posted:

im from oregon so im genetically disposed to believe this with every fiber of my being

is the "state of jefferson" a thing in your neck of the woods

because I saw signs for it on my way north to lassen and it's loving weird

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Guys it's 11th degree chess if the dems block single payer the gop will kill all their voters

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

docbeard posted:

Serious question, tho.

Assuming by some miracle that a nationwide single-payer system gets passed sometime soon (and I 100% agree that this is the goal). How does it avoid being sabotaged by the people (in both parties) who want to see it fail so that they can campaign on its failure?

by continuing to work to improve and expand it. 99% of the time these grand programs fail is because everyone goes "welp job done" and goes home

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

well, he obviously blocked debate on singlepayer so he could get more time for bills like these. cause it's not like he doesn't support singlepayer right?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

UHD posted:

is the "state of jefferson" a thing in your neck of the woods

because I saw signs for it on my way north to lassen and it's loving weird

the state of jefferson is some crypto white supremacist poo poo and i dont see a lot of it but what i do see a lot of is cascadian flags lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rendon said it was incomplete so instead of referring it to the assembly health committee where it could have been completed he killed it lol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hot take #2: he didn't kill it because it was incomplete

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/879486373408931840

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wouldn't doing nothing preserve that? the tweet indicates he wants to fill the concrete tunnels with water which would be hard to motorcycle through

oh. welp.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Al! posted:

the state of jefferson is some crypto white supremacist poo poo and i dont see a lot of it but what i do see a lot of is cascadian flags lol

oh my god I never heard of this

this is only slightly less insane

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

docbeard posted:

Serious question, tho.

If it passes the Dems are stuck with it and have to live and die by it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

between killing the single payer bill and cutting off john connor's escape route it's becoming increasingly clear that anthony rendon is a robot sent from the future on a mission to wipe out humanity

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im not an antisemite but bernie reminds me of the perfidious jews whose greed killed our lord jesus christ

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Bip Roberts posted:

also imo the river restoration project is a pretty important step toward making la more livable and less of a giant concrete shithole

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
love to die from treatable illness by a nice park

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Concerned Citizen posted:

also imo the river restoration project is a pretty important step toward making la more livable and less of a giant concrete shithole

u know what else would make LA more livable

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Matt Zerella posted:

love to die from treatable illness by a nice park

Sounds kind of nice actually :unsmith:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Karl Barks posted:

u know what else would make LA more livable

clean air

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

getting hotter

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Karl Barks posted:

getting hotter

less gun violence

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
less people :getin:

-jerry brown

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GalacticAcid posted:

less people :getin:

-jerry brown

so... MORE gun violence???

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm fairly certain the soon to be dead would vehemently disagree

yeah, no poo poo, most political decisions come with a body count

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

ThndrShk2k posted:

Mainely news:

Maine Senate votes for Repeal of Ranked Choice

The repeal bill now goes to the Democratic-controlled House.

Hopefully the house can keep it since people voted for it. Bad dem senate dude saying "It'll confuse voters :saddowns:" for 2 types of voting on the ballot.

gently caress this poo poo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Concerned Citizen posted:

less gun violence

even hotter!!!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

docbeard posted:

Serious question, tho.

guillotines

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bip Roberts posted:

It probably won't happen tho.

Not with that attitude

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Ruzihm posted:

gently caress this poo poo
Lol yeah, pretty garbage situation and hopefully the house has enough not-bad dems. :(

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Not with that attitude

Have U read the secret

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i had a dream last night that the suck zone doxxed me

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES