Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Agree/disagree: The Miami Heat have the best doping program in the NBA

I always just assumed Spo just made everyone run suicides instead of practicing but they're for sure on those sketchy latin-american diet pills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He also voted for Lamarcus Aldrige as his third choice for DPOY.

:magical:
Well uhh...you know...LMA was...uhhh...
I got nothing
Bashez?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Kyle Lowry needs to leave because Demar is dooming them to purgatory
Or stay and make a huge pile of money that he can lounge in and then joke about when he becomes an NBA analyst after never advancing to the finals

I'm glad you agree with me on Demar being a problem, even when he was putting up crazy numbers earlier in the season it never felt fulfilling and I just can't shake the feeling that he hurts more than helps when it comes to tough games

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, I don't have a problem with it really, Kyle is probably done as somebody you build around (partly, anyways, he was never a franchise guy).

Where's Lowry headed anyways if he doesn't end up in Toronto? Seems like some of the destinations have dried up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just as long as Kyle and Demar stay bros, the Russ/KD thing makes me sad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/879739768858226688

Turns out Melo cheating, and needing to make good with Lala, means 2 more years on the Knicks.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lavar Ball is cool and I also want to watch him get beat up on live TV.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lavar is funny because he's supposed to be, not because he's actually funny

Lonzo hates it, you can see it that lemon puckered face whenever he has to listen to it. If it makes him money though who cares

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
On the flipside of Lonzo being a sg who passes well, he's playing for Lucas Walton and a Warriors esque system and Steph Curry could have been described the same way. Except he has a perfect shot and instant release and not a low shoulder cannon ball

BWV posted:

I always just assumed Spo just made everyone run suicides instead of practicing but they're for sure on those sketchy latin-american diet pills

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/heat-check/article136917233.html Aside from sketchily repairing old guys careers and propping up players forever, and being in the nexus of all of the demi legal anti aging HGH/T clinics, I don't have material evidence other than ripped guys getting more ripped but also faster.

James Johnson started wearing sleeves this year (shoulder acne?)

And somehow getting a ton of 3's strong enough to guard big frontcourt guys. It's a totally unfounded accusation

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Well uhh...you know...LMA was...uhhh...
I got nothing
Bashez?

Full media ballots.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/879738883570884608

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hey IT finished fifth in MVP, that's pretty cool

Lol the one fifth place vote for Demar

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm glad you agree with me on Demar being a problem, even when he was putting up crazy numbers earlier in the season it never felt fulfilling and I just can't shake the feeling that he hurts more than helps when it comes to tough games

Where's Lowry headed anyways if he doesn't end up in Toronto? Seems like some of the destinations have dried up

San Antonio or Dallas, maybe?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lavar is funny because he's supposed to be, not because he's actually funny

Lonzo hates it, you can see it that lemon puckered face whenever he has to listen to it. If it makes him money though who cares

He's hilarious to me, but only because he's my younger basketball playing cousin's uncle from his mom's side side of the family. Like literally that dude. Talking to coaches about usage, Being loud and helping out coaching on the AAU team etc etc.

Problematic as poo poo, fluctuates between annoying and actually making decent points. Carries himself like the exact same way as Lavar Ball. That same old head walk.

Only difference is Lavar is operating and being that dude successfully on a national stage. Which is loving spectacular.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm not quoting the whole article, but Kevin O'Connor from The Ringer says that the Sixers are going to make a hard push for Redick. They would definitely be my new team if that happens.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

He's hilarious to me, but only because he's my younger basketball playing cousin's uncle from his mom's side side of the family. Like literally that dude. Talking to coaches about usage, Being loud and helping out coaching on the AAU team etc etc.

Problematic as poo poo, fluctuates between annoying and actually making decent points. Carries himself like the exact same way as Lavar Ball. That same old head walk.

Only difference is Lavar is operating and being that dude successfully on a national stage. Which is loving spectacular.

Yeah, he's obviously superlatively supportive of his sons, which is awesome no matter which way you try to put it. I just think the idea of Lavar Ball is a lot funnier than the reality but that's enough for the present anyways

If my uncles were cool basketball guys instead of car salesmen I'd probably have a slightly different viewpoint

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Damian Lillard
Isaiah Thomas
Austin Rivers
Lamarcus Aldridge
Karl-Anthony Towns

A starting five of players who all received an All-Defensive Team vote.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
So that Ole writer loves LMA and hates Dray, basically

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SHOAH NUFF posted:

So that Ole writer loves LMA and hates Dray, basically

Lol he chose LMA, Curry and IT for the second team

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol he chose LMA, Curry and IT for the second team

Lmao this is some great blatant trolling

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lmao this is some great blatant trolling

I honestly think he was trying to pick All-NBA second team

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

tanglewood1420 posted:

Damian Lillard
Isaiah Thomas
Austin Rivers
Lamarcus Aldridge
Karl-Anthony Towns

Eric Gordon should get in over Austin Rivers

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
so who is going to win the next title that isn't the Warriors?

i got money on the 2020ish T'Wolves

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

2021 Sixers :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

Did Twitter finally kill you?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Metapod posted:

Did Twitter finally kill you?

I hope PFZ found another platform to swear at celebrities in real time

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

Damian Lillard
Isaiah Thomas
Austin Rivers
Lamarcus Aldridge
Karl-Anthony Towns

Rivers is legit good at defense. Not All-Defensive Team good, but pretty darn good.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Eric Gordon should get in over Austin Rivers

In fitting the theme of that list... :agreed:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I hope PFZ found another platform to swear at celebrities in real time

Same

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/879766343867912193

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Oh baby

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sign Gordon Hayward and then trade him for Paul George :yeah:
Indiana needs that white man more than Boston does. You guys already have a white male named "kelly" that's a bingo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Punkin Spunkin posted:

You guys already have a white male named "kelly" that's a bingo

Not to mention that their Kelly is dirty as hell, meeting another requisite.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Indiana needs that white man more than Boston does. You guys already have a white male named "kelly" that's a bingo

Indy is in a good position to get some young talent if this all goes through. They'll forget about the white. Hell take Kelly Ulillillynk

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My man!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

To be fair Utah needs that white boy more but life ain't fair

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's ironic in that Pacers fans brand PG a traitor for leaving and wanting to go to his hometown team but Hayward should totally come home and how great he would be if he did so!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Eltoasto posted:

It's ironic in that Pacers fans brand PG a traitor for leaving and wanting to go to his hometown team but Hayward should totally come home and how great he would be if he did so!

I don't know of many Indy fans that were against PG until his agent tanked his trade value publicly for seemingly no reason but to help out the Lakers. Maybe I'm wrong though

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Eltoasto posted:

I don't think anyone here was branding him a traitor. It's mostly been resignation and being sad that his trade value is so messed up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

I don't think anyone here was branding him a traitor. It's mostly been resignation and being sad that his trade value is so messed up.

Well yeah that's because he's a trader not a traitor

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Boooooooo

https://twitter.com/NBALPSupport/status/879758211041157121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair Utah needs that white boy more but life ain't fair
And with the 16th pick of the 2018 draft, the Utah Jazz select Killian Tillie from Gonzaga!
Don't worry he's white, he's named loving Killian (:wow:), and he kinda looks like Gordo Hayseed if you squint.

• Locked thread