Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If it's 1328 drat pages, I sort of doubt it

Also Garney kind of leaves in the middle of a story arc to be replaced by Andy Kubert. Can we just get a couple Mark Waid Cap omni's instead of branding it as Waid and Garney?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do you guys know if I ordered a "large" amount of HCs from Amazon (7-10), they'll put it into a real box? I've ordered 1-2 things at most in terms of books and it seems like they go out of their way to damage it or use as little packing material as possible. IST doesn't have what I'm looking for which is why I'm looking towards Amazon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

Do you guys know if I ordered a "large" amount of HCs from Amazon (7-10), they'll put it into a real box? I've ordered 1-2 things at most in terms of books and it seems like they go out of their way to damage it or use as little packing material as possible. IST doesn't have what I'm looking for which is why I'm looking towards Amazon.

They'll probably stack them together and just wrap the pile in 4 layers of packing tape.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It depends on the DC, I think, and if there's an issue, you can exchange it and they'll probably package it better. Also of note, you can review packaging on Amazon, so if you get something packaged well, review it well!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I know I've asked about this before, but I don't think I've ever flat-out asked anyone here.

Does anyone have the New Avengers: Siege TPB with a spine that matches all the other New Avengers TPBs, as opposed to the one I have here with the Siege trade dress? I'm not even 100% it exists with the matching New Avengers trade dress (ideally with a Vol. 13 at the bottom), but who knows?

If it exists and someone has it, I would be thrilled to trade with you. My copy has a very small remainder mark along the top of the pages near the spine, but it is also signed by Mike McKone, who drew the last two issues of New Avengers.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 16, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't remember seeing a version like that but they did variant versions for all the Secret Invasion books so it might be out there. I'm hitting C2E2 next weekend so I will keep an eye out for it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I don't remember seeing a version like that but they did variant versions for all the Secret Invasion books so it might be out there. I'm hitting C2E2 next weekend so I will keep an eye out for it.

Thank you! I figured you'd probably know if such a variant even existed. I think someone (you?) explained that the purple Secret Invasion spines were meant for bookstore sales, to make them all look like part of the larger event. I wondered if they did that for Siege too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Thank you! I figured you'd probably know if such a variant even existed. I think someone (you?) explained that the purple Secret Invasion spines were meant for bookstore sales, to make them all look like part of the larger event. I wondered if they did that for Siege too.

They were supposed to be offered in a slipcase but I think Marvel canceled that. At least I've never seen a SI slipcase.

I checked the diamond records and there's only listings for the premiere hardcover and the softcover and usually Diamond offers both versions so I'm gonna wager a guess that it doesn't exist.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Comicbookdb.com didn't list any alternate versions, but that's hardly conclusive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Here's why I don't think it exists.

Search data for New Avengers Secret Invasion

Search data for New Avengers Siege

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Wow, that's good detective work! Thank you for investigating. I'll just deal with it.

I got really compulsive-obsessive when I used to have ten completely mismatched Sandman TPBs, years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have an idea though it may not be cost effective. You could have a dust jacket made that matches the design of the other books, I've seen numerous custom binds with them so it couldn't be too hard to have one made.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I have an idea though it may not be cost effective. You could have a dust jacket made that matches the design of the other books, I've seen numerous custom binds with them so it couldn't be too hard to have one made.

A great idea, but I'm not gonna bother. I have to admit I don't even like dust jackets on hardcover books since they're so fragile and floppy, which is why my collection is 95% trade paperbacks.

Besides, I'm cheap as hell, and I've been sitting on a complete run of Ostrander's Suicide Squad for too many years that I'd love to send off to get bound, when I feel like the time is right. No dust jackets for those either!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sooner or later the mismatched spines will drive you crazy!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a Youtube channel that does reviews for collected editions of books? I'm looking for reviews into new series, hardcovers and omnibueses. The closest thing I could find is Harcover Reviews. Although most of his stuff lately has been his streaming stuff which I find super boring. Any ideas?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Does anyone know why the Abe Sapien hardcovers aren't going to include the stuff from the first two TPBs? Are they already collected somewhere else or something?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

JordanKai posted:

Does anyone know why the Abe Sapien hardcovers aren't going to include the stuff from the first two TPBs? Are they already collected somewhere else or something?

That's a bummer now I'll have to buy two TPBs that won't match.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I like collecting Valiant's event books as hardcovers and cannot believe 4001 A.D. Deluxe Edition doesn't come out until January 2018. Harumph.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space Fish posted:

I like collecting Valiant's event books as hardcovers and cannot believe 4001 A.D. Deluxe Edition doesn't come out until January 2018. Harumph.

They come out soooooo slowly now. It sucks.

Would anyone want to buy my Invincible HCs 1-11 for $200 + shipping?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

They come out soooooo slowly now. It sucks.

Would anyone want to buy my Invincible HCs 1-11 for $200 + shipping?

When is Invincible going to end?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

When is Invincible going to end?

Probably with volume 13. I'm just tapping out of a lot of trades right now. Probably put more up soon. Anybody want a complete set of Spirit Archives for $1000?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Probably with volume 13. I'm just tapping out of a lot of trades right now. Probably put more up soon. Anybody want a complete set of Spirit Archives for $1000?

Kirkman wanted this to end but not Walking Dead? It seems that Invincible had a ton more potential story wise than Walking Dead but with all the heroes being killed by Rex, I guess he wanted to end it for a while?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He said his original plan was to hit #150 or so and then hand it off to new creators but I guess he wants some finality and closure.

Anyone want the JSA Omnibus HCs Vol 1-3 for $200 plus shipping?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Rhyno posted:

Anyone want another set of JSA Omnibus HCs Vol 1-3 for $200 plus shipping?

:smuggo: heh

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'd read pretty much the entirety of the first two JSA omnibuses and the third one was my first exposure to that part of the series. Very disappointing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why are they so beat up? Take care of your books!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Are Kallax shelves from Ikea still the go-to for omnibuses and OSHCs? I see lots of images that look like the Kallax, but can't tell. I'm worried about the omnibuses warping the shelves.

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
Help! I can't decide between The Invisibles Omnibus or the four volume Deluxe Edition set...

They're similar in price. I'm wondering if one is preferable in terms of extra content, quality, etc. Anybody have an opinion?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The omni would give your arms a serious workout every time you picked it up. That's a plus.

\/ Mine's all good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barristicide posted:

Help! I can't decide between The Invisibles Omnibus or the four volume Deluxe Edition set...

They're similar in price. I'm wondering if one is preferable in terms of extra content, quality, etc. Anybody have an opinion?

The omnibus sucks and had a lot of reports of the spine ripping out.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

The omni would give your arms a serious workout every time you picked it up. That's a plus.

\/ Mine's all good.

Mine too.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Barristicide posted:

As someone who has read both, the deluxe editions contain the same material as the omnibus, with superior binding to boot. I'd only consider the omnibus if it was significantly cheaper (say $50) than the deluxe editions.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Barristicide posted:

The omni is pretty unwieldy making it annoying to read. I prefer a deluxe hardcover any day especially if the collected material is the same.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

obi_ant posted:

Are Kallax shelves from Ikea still the go-to for omnibuses and OSHCs? I see lots of images that look like the Kallax, but can't tell. I'm worried about the omnibuses warping the shelves.

Yes. Kallax and their big brother, Expedit, are amazing for oshcs. They're the only book shelves I have in my house. Plus they're compatible with each other. They've got some awesome new inserts for the kallax that fit great in expedits.

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
Thanks, everybody! I think I'm going to go with the Deluxe Editions.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Barristicide posted:

Thanks, everybody! I think I'm going to go with the Deluxe Editions.

I'm selling the first two, PM me.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
This massive Doom Patrol Silver Age Omnibus arrived today, it's thicker than I expected. Tokyo Ghost Deluxe Hardcover and the Loose Ends trade show up soon too, these ancient pre-orders are ripening.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Absolute Transmet vol 3 ever gonna happen?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Did it go from Thor by Jason Aaron and Nic Klein to Thor by Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman? (Female Thor?) I haven't read a Thor book since Straczynski.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Latest omnibus announcements I've seen recently:

Daredevil: Shadowland and Deadpool by Daniel Way.

Is there demand for these? :confused: