Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/detachment_red/status/879750312285933569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

https://twitter.com/johnastoehr/status/879743443077038080

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Generally personal wealth has had little to do with where presidents fall on the left/right axis historically. The issue with ZUCK is he's a creepy techlord not that he's rich.

This is also why I think the "BUT BERNIE HAS WEALTH????? VACATION HOMES REEEEEEE" poo poo is so loving stupid; FDR/New Deal democrats were not poor.

Yeah, you were a dipshit 20-year-old hillary hack, WE KNOW

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah, no poo poo, most political decisions come with a body count

you know what doesn't? passing single payer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

democrats: we can't pass a bill unless poor people are killed because of it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

A Great Spokesman For His Race

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/johnastoehr/status/879740491721580545

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you know what doesn't? passing single payer

i can't imagine a less coherent retort, since we're only talking about two different routes to pass single payer and the consequences of each route

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

You'd complain how this would never happen if you were a straight white male.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

democrats: we can't pass a bill unless poor people are killed because of it

please dont call me a democrat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

i can't imagine a less coherent retort, since we're only talking about two different routes to pass single payer and the consequences of each route

it's almost like there's going to be a gap between the ACA repeal and November 2018

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i wont object to most anything, but i wont stand for that lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matt Zerella posted:

See? There it is. This is the broken brained democrat defending this bullshit. How many times did the republicans attempt to repeal the ACA under Obama's administration knowing he would veto it or it would die in the senate? And look at them now, they're going to do it. It's almost like they...persisted?

But no, just wonkily hand wave it away and stroke your lanyard CC.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

i wont object to most anything, but i wont stand for that lol

no can do

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it's almost like there's going to be a gap between the ACA repeal and November 2018

yeah, and its almost as if there's a whole lot of things going on in addition to that which might require a supermajority in the statehouse to save lives. who the gently caress knows what trump is going to do between now and the end of his term. who the gently caress knows what the states might have to do to stop it. and on top of that, you don't go all loving in on a single payer system before trumpcare passes, because suddenly you have a giant bright target and the republican consensus to gently caress over california is going to make itself. whoops its january 2019 and congress says if you have a single payer system you dont get any federal health care funding whoops now we need to go back and tweak the taxes again whoops millions of people are going to die because we lost the supermajority to THEY RAISED YOUR TAXES ads and now we gotta wait until the next election cycle whoops

politics is sitting down to do the loving math to see what helps the most people possible, in ways that can't be easily beaten. that's triply true for states trying to buck federal imperative. it's not to be an idiot child saying that you dont need to think about anything in the entire world other than californians without insurance between the aca repeal and november 2018

people like you are why democrats are worthless lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

why did i click on this thread :cripes:

should have kept playing final fantasy x instead of checking up on bad dems

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah, and its almost as if there's a whole lot of things going on in addition to that which might require a supermajority in the statehouse to save lives.

lol they're not going to suddenly disappear from the legislature after voting for sb562 you dumb gently caress

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ThndrShk2k posted:

Mainely news:

Maine Senate votes for Repeal of Ranked Choice

The repeal bill now goes to the Democratic-controlled House.

Hopefully the house can keep it since people voted for it. Bad dem senate dude saying "It'll confuse voters :saddowns:" for 2 types of voting on the ballot.

---

Also Collins finally said No to the senate health bill.

~Show me what you :orb:

gently caress the Democrats.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol they're not going to suddenly disappear from the legislature after voting for sb562 you dumb gently caress

wow with that kind of a reassurance i suddenly have faith in the common american voter's opinions on increasing their own taxes

everything has changed, single payer now versus 2018 is going to be the last single brick to bring about the communist revolution

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Single payer is coming, but I don't think anyone's ready for the shape it will take.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nothing is more reliable than the common clay of the new new west, in a state that within the decade voted against gay marriage because mormons ran some ads lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if the dem leadership in the state legislature actually cared what they would do is say welp we dont have the votes but we'll vote to place it on the ballot and then everyone would be happy

instead they kill it outright

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fits my needs posted:

Single payer is coming, but I don't think anyone's ready for the shape it will take.

I hope that baby had a pharyngeal jaw and is about to headbite the zuck.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Zuck would just make healthcare an app in this country.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ca voters has approved tax hikes before, see prop 30 that increased sales tax and income tax on the rich

the real trick is the proposal to use medicare funds for ca single payer which requires federal approval and lol if you think trump will sign off on that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

some real impressive suck zoning from mpb

personally i think the dems should be throwing everything at the wall to see what sicks, getting more crazy people and minor celebrities into office, the cautious approach looks to voters like inaction, and they don't lose just on "raised taxes" they lose on "raised taxes with no visible direct benefit" which isn't something you can really say for single payer healthcare or a gmi or other extreme measures they're gonna need to start taking to prop up capitalism

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
We just need a Cost graph for the same time period of the three and then a graph comparison of lives and cost to get the ratio.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

UHD posted:

ca voters has approved tax hikes before, see prop 30 that increased sales tax and income tax on the rich

the real trick is the proposal to use medicare funds for ca single payer which requires federal approval and lol if you think trump will sign off on that

part of the obamacare ruling from SCOTUS said the federal government couldn't gently caress over states when federal funds made up a great deal of their health funding which provides a legal base for further lawsuits against trump if/when he did that

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the dem leadership in the state legislature actually cared what they would do is say welp we dont have the votes but we'll vote to place it on the ballot and then everyone would be happy

instead they kill it outright

again, there are two ways to get it to the ballot. the first is to get a 2/3rds vote in both houses and then throw it out there, the other is through the initative system

the initative system is a better system in almost every way because you cut out the shitheads in the statehouse entirely. yeah, it cant happen until 2018, but even then that's probably a good thing since taking election day off is a thing and taking some random ballot vote day off is not. you dont want a single payer vote hinging on the opinions of idiot old people who dont give a gently caress about single payer because they have medicare/medicaid anyway and idiot rich people who dont care because lol

Raskolnikov38 posted:

part of the obamacare ruling from SCOTUS said the federal government couldn't gently caress over states when federal funds made up a great deal of their health funding which provides a legal base for further lawsuits against trump if/when he did that

the ruling was more that you can't tie existing benefits to new requirements. if the existing system is restructured (like if they switch to block grants), that would open the door for loving with the states. it would be trivial to set up block grants it in a way where it would not couple with however california sets the system up

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so something good did come out of the aca

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

some real impressive suck zoning from mpb

yah im mad at work and not gonna start day drinking

self quarantine and shouting into the void is good for the spirit from time to time~~~~~

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

mormonpartyboat posted:

again, there are two ways to get it to the ballot. the first is to get a 2/3rds vote in both houses and then throw it out there, the other is through the initative system

the initative system is a better system in almost every way because you cut out the shitheads in the statehouse entirely. yeah, it cant happen until 2018, but even then that's probably a good thing since taking election day off is a thing and taking some random ballot vote day off is not. you dont want a single payer vote hinging on the opinions of idiot old people who dont give a gently caress about single payer because they have medicare/medicaid anyway and idiot rich people who dont care because lol

legislature can still gently caress with initiatives after the voters have passed them. see marijuana legalization in MA. i dunno why i'm saynig this other then lol nothing matters

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Someone tweet @dril at this guy stat.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Karl Barks posted:

legislature can still gently caress with initiatives after the voters have passed them. see marijuana legalization in MA. i dunno why i'm saynig this other then lol nothing matters

ban congress imo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if there's one thing that has proven to be an express ticket to electoral success for dems, it's restraint and caution

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

fits my needs posted:

Facebook is free despite it's costs because your data is valuable.

Healthcare will be free under Zuck because your data(genome) is valuable

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

yah im mad at work and not gonna start day drinking

self quarantine and shouting into the void is good for the spirit from time to time~~~~~

i get what youre saying and i simply disagree
........MOTHER FUCKER!!!!@

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Karl Barks posted:

Check out my prior post about Ranked Choice and the 3% tax for high earners to boost schools in Maine

The budget thing might shut down Maine's government for the summer lol.

• Locked thread