Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm a big fan of the lesser seen "Hey dudes I have a silencer I'm going to see if I can hit this guy standing by a tree" and then your squaddie without a silencer just starts shooting like 10 feet from you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Does this patch not include the full game replays? Because that's the feature I want the most.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

"If you reload into game while in a parachute, you will still be in the parachute."

What does this mean? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to rejoin games we leave, right?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the parachute camera fix means the glitchy camera bug after you stay a long time in the parachute will be over?

The sooner that wallhack dies the better.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nfcknblvbl posted:

"If you reload into game while in a parachute, you will still be in the parachute."

What does this mean? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to rejoin games we leave, right?

you can rejoin custom games

it's just disabled for real games for now cuz of server stability or something

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

quote:

Server Performance

Items & Vehicles
All good poo poo

quote:

Adjusted kill count system in Duo and Squad modes. A person knocking an opponent out will receive a kill count regardless of the actual killer.
Aww, it was fun in my squad to rile up my squadmates (and they do it to me) by "kill stealing" once it wasn't useful to leave a guy downed

quote:

You may interact with doors, items, or vehicles while reloading. Reloads will be canceled with such interactions.
Good, now I don't have to do the weapon swap (or holster) manually when I'm impatient

quote:

Adjusted the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle, so that the play area does not appear in the center so frequently.
Seems like "get to the center of the circle" is less good of a strategy now? Alternatively "be prepared for more 'oh god the circle is loving us' games".

All in all pretty loving cool for early access.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Being able to rejoin games does seem like kind of a basic feature considering the number of disconnects/crashes every round.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The random vehicle directions on spawn is going to gently caress with so many people now.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Still no vaulting :(

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Party Plane Jones posted:

The random vehicle directions on spawn is going to gently caress with so many people now.

Yep.

I hope someday there is a random door setting too.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Those patch notes are all great but I'm most excited about random spawn directions for cars, better lighting in the plane, and destructible cabins.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
• Added destructible cabins.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

Seems like "get to the center of the circle" is less good of a strategy now? Alternatively "be prepared for more 'oh god the circle is loving us' games".

Being in the center still prevents the next circle from being fuckoff far across the map from you, instead being only half that.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

CitizenKain posted:

Yep.

I hope someday there is a random door setting too.

Wouldn't this just favor campers?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

Being in the center still prevents the next circle from being fuckoff far across the map from you, instead being only half that.

I think the main thing it might change is getting to the center and sitting inside a building for the rest of the game. But other than that yea, being at the edge of the circle is risky without a vehicle.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zo posted:

dead game

Boooooo (also unrealistic on SCAR and M16/416 and maybe UMP.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 27, 2017

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Neon Belly posted:

Wouldn't this just favor campers?

Maybe? I just think it would really make early stuff bonkers.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

CitizenKain posted:

Maybe? I just think it would really make early stuff bonkers.

Make Pochinki Fun Again!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What benefit would there even be to randomizing the door state?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CascadeBeta posted:

What benefit would there even be to randomizing the door state?

Chaos would reign!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

you can tell if someone's visited a house if the doors are open, which is handy both if you're hunting them and if you're trying not to get shotgunned on a staircase by someone you didn't know was there. randomizing doors removes that sense of security but I'd rather they left it because tracking someone house to house is a lot of fun and you can invert these expectations by closing doors behind you

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

you can tell if someone's visited a house if the doors are open, which is handy both if you're hunting them and if you're trying not to get shotgunned on a staircase by someone you didn't know was there. randomizing doors removes that sense of security but I'd rather they left it because tracking someone house to house is a lot of fun and you can invert these expectations by closing doors behind you

Yes, if the doors are open you know it's been visited. But "closed" doesn't mean "all clear", and "been visited" isn't the same as "someone's here". Randomized door state would be more of a time-waster than anything, which the game doesn't need.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I always close doors. I've killed guys because I've noticed open doors in buildings I've already cleared in towns.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
doors closed no items is the scariest thing in the game

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

The Walrus posted:

doors closed no items is the scariest thing in the game

Especially a two store house. They could be upstairs.

I like to circle a house first and check through the windows to see if there is zero loot in the rooms.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can always exploit that by closing every single door in a town and dump a first aid in the second floor of a building.

No one is ever ready for that.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

remove as much rng as possible, don't add more. thanks.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Here's my dumb idea: a loot heatmap on each map specific to the drops this round. Sure the bunker, school, military base etc all would be a deep red, but it would allow better reactions to the randomness of the smaller towns and groups of buildings.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

also can you not punch someone if they're prone? I got into a weird standoff with someone who managed to grab a pistol before I could punch them out and went prone at my feet but couldn't aim upwards enough to actually shoot me so I was just jumping on their butt for like a full minute, crouching didn't seem to let me punch at all, then their teammate came upstairs and killed me

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Google Butt posted:

remove as much rng as possible, don't add more. thanks.

No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

also can you not punch someone if they're prone? I got into a weird standoff with someone who managed to grab a pistol before I could punch them out and went prone at my feet but couldn't aim upwards enough to actually shoot me so I was just jumping on their butt for like a full minute, crouching didn't seem to let me punch at all, then their teammate came upstairs and killed me

No, sadly. Takedowns are coming to this game, however, and you'll be able to get kills with a cool animation when your opponent's prone.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
New strat in case you're bored.

During the loading stage you need to get lucky so an M249 spawns on a table. Take the M249 and go in the middle of all the people and go prone and shoot all the bullets. This is to get their attention. Then drop all your clothes, followed by the M249. Then while still prone, position yourself in front of the M249 and move forwards and backwards so it looks like your loving yourself in the rear end. Bonus points if someone shoots your rear end in a top hat so it looks like it's bleeding.

Then during the match the only weapons you are allowed to use are pistols, except you can equip other weapons to defend yourself until you find a pistol.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

qkkl posted:

During the loading stage you need to get lucky so an M249 spawns on a table. Take the M249 and go in the middle of all the people and go prone and shoot all the bullets. This is to get their attention. Then drop all your clothes, followed by the M249. Then while still prone, position yourself in front of the M249 and move forwards and backwards so it looks like your loving yourself in the rear end. Bonus points if someone shoots your rear end in a top hat so it looks like it's bleeding.

Then during the match the only weapons you are allowed to use are pistols, except you can equip other weapons to defend yourself until you find a pistol.

Keep going I'm almost there

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

gotta hit crouch and punch at the same time to hit people dbno

Cinara posted:

I think the main thing it might change is getting to the center and sitting inside a building for the rest of the game. But other than that yea, being at the edge of the circle is risky without a vehicle.

I really don't get why people insist on rushing to the center of the circle early on. You are forcing yourself to be generally immobile and defend from all sides.. its really stupid. The circle (obviously) moves slower near the "wedge", working the outer edge and catching stragglers while giving yourself a decent defense from the back as gas is so much smarter. I think its because people don't really get how to use meds effectively. A couple boosts and 5 bandages used correctly while running through the gas makes you last forever. Not to mention first aid or med kits.

Protip: you can move at .5 seconds left on any heal you're using. I've had some pretty amazing situations that seemed like sure death become good runs because I didn't give up in the gas and abused my ability to move while healing

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 27, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

qkkl posted:

yeah but what do I say on open mic?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

gotta hit crouch and punch at the same time to hit people dbno

I really don't get why people insist on rushing to the center of the circle early on. You are forcing yourself to be generally immobile and defend from all sides.. its really stupid. The circle (obviously) moves slower near the "wedge", working the outer edge and catching stragglers while giving yourself a decent defense from the back as gas is so much smarter. I think its because people don't really get how to use meds effectively. A couple boosts and 5 bandages used correctly while running through the gas makes you last forever. Not to mention first aid or med kits.

Protip: you can move at .5 seconds left on any heal you're using. I've had some pretty amazing situations that seemed like sure death become good runs because I didn't give up in the gas and abused my ability to move while healing

Because once you do decide you want to find a defensible position all the good ones will have been taken by more proactive players.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

PantsBandit posted:

Because once you do decide you want to find a defensible position all the good ones will have been taken by more proactive players.

You keep running to houses in the middle of the circle hoping it ends up around you while waiting for 20 minutes, I'll keep running around killing people having fun.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Got my first chicken dinner on duo with mr skeletal. Started off with bad luck with gear and getting our UAZ stolen, ended up with us swimming to the military base island and wrecking poo poo.

Can't wait to do it again.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PantsBandit posted:

Don't even play the game because you're already dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Yay, patch notes say/imply they increased spawn rates in the lovely towns. Maybe it'll be more worthwhile to drop away from the popular spots.

• Locked thread