Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

Goddamnit no Jeopardy for me today because a furniture store burnt down. Thanks, local news.

Please tell me you're not in New Hampshire/Massachussets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

HookShot posted:

I'm in New Hampshire, I had Jeopardy!

Although I get it from a Vermont station, so I'm not sure that helps you.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Death to all hair flower wearers

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't have jeopardy all week the week before last because of basketball. :smith::hf::smith:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Reddit has a daily post for every episode, and someone uploads the full episode every day to google drive and dailymotion.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I might check that out sometime. I'm moving into a new place pretty soon that has cut the cord.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
That dude's see-through over-shirt today was so distracting.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm in New Hampshire, I had Jeopardy!

Although I get it from a Vermont station, so I'm not sure that helps you.

It turned out I got it on the NH/Boston station!

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
I can't believe some media markets override Jeopardy for something less than The Superbowl and/or a 9/11 level nation altering event. I don't always make it home in time or remember to watch... but Jeopardy should just kind of... always be there. At seven o'clock. Because that's the time for Jeopardy.

I'm.... so sorry occasionally Jeopardy deprived goons. Someone give Alex Trebek an honorary seat in Congress to give voice to such horrors, please.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Just lol if you don't have timeshifting. I can get Jeopardy at 4:30, 5:30, 8:00 and 8:30 (and maybe more).

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

HookShot posted:

Kansas City.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

A Tasteful Nude posted:

I can't believe some media markets override Jeopardy for something less than The Superbowl and/or a 9/11 level nation altering event. I don't always make it home in time or remember to watch... but Jeopardy should just kind of... always be there. At seven o'clock. Because that's the time for Jeopardy.

I'm.... so sorry occasionally Jeopardy deprived goons. Someone give Alex Trebek an honorary seat in Congress to give voice to such horrors, please.

Last Friday I missed it because the local station was showcasing some bluegrass band playing at a middle school. Seriously.

I actually have two stations that I can get it on (one at 7:00, one at 7:30), but I DVR it and watch it later. So I'm not always aware of these interruptions. And while they broadcast it later (usually something bizarre like 2:13am), it's not listed on the guide that way, so the DVR doesn't know to pick it up.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Death to all hair flower wearers

:agreed:

Also, post/avatar combo, fellow American Gods watcher.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

PT6A posted:

Just lol if you don't have timeshifting. I can get Jeopardy at 4:30, 5:30, 8:00 and 8:30 (and maybe more).

Well yeah same but because it's recorded I don't always watch it until after the last airing.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Mantis42 posted:

Kansas City.

Fellow KC-area dude here... the furniture store got me too.

Usually they show the same episode at like 7ish on 38 though.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
That seemed like a ridiculously difficult FJ. I wouldn't have got it if I hadn't been reading about U-2s on Wikipedia the other night for shits and giggles.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I thought that was insanely obscure, but there was a Tom Hanks movie about it in 2015. I will downgrade it to "still pretty obscure"

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

My mom was born in the mid-50s and had zero clue, my dad was born in the mid-40s and had it instantly v:v:v

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I knew who they were looking for, but I couldn't remember his name until like halfway in.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I also knew who they were looking for but couldn't get the name.

I don't think "that guy in the spy plane that crashed in Russia" would have gotten me a right answer.

MrNonacho
May 7, 2002

It ain't easy being white
It ain't easy being brown
All this pressure to be bright
I got children all over town!
What is I've been sucking

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I was born in the late 80s and got it almost instantly. :smuggo:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

It took me way too long to parse that clue, so by the time I did, time was pretty much already up. Had no idea on the question either, looks like I was in good company there.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

My guess was To Kill a Mockingbird before I even heard the clue. Amused me to see the one woman said the same thing despite it making no sense with the question.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

MrNonacho posted:

What is I've been sucking

I hope his next FJ answer is "What is I'm the worst."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

With today's episode, take a drink every time Brandon (one of the challengers) gives an answer with a smug smile while nodding his head.

You'll be passed out halfway through Double Jeopardy.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Reese Witherspoon :laffo:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I just saw that, oh my God :laffo:

Those were some impressively stupid Final Jeopardy responses.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I guess that's one way to win the game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Timby posted:

With today's episode, take a drink every time Brandon (one of the challengers) gives an answer with a smug smile while nodding his head.

This drove me nuts until my wife pointed out that he did the exact same thing during the interview segment

He's not being smug that is apparently and unfortunately just how his face is

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Timby posted:

I'm more distracted by Elisabeth's forehead.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Soothing Vapors posted:

This drove me nuts until my wife pointed out that he did the exact same thing during the interview segment

Yeah everytime he opens his mouth he unfortunately looks like a jackass. His parents should have removed all of his teeth for the public good.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Timby posted:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Man, you weren't kidding. But then again, I guess he just has one of those faces, going off of the interview segment. Still looks like a smarmy git with how he stands though.

Got Final at the last moment, worked out the Coppola connection right as time was to expire. Still, that hilariously wrong answer from the champ... :drat:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I didn't notice that, I was too busy being scared by him apparently wanting to gently caress cows.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Timby posted:

I didn't notice that, I was too busy being scared by him apparently wanting to gently caress cows.

Yeah, with his face and how he was standing, that was one creepy rear end interview segment, especially with how Trebek cut it off like that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how the gently caress do they not all get that. what a gimme.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't know it. Sometimes something just isn't in your trivia pool.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah I didn't know it, I've never seen the godfather movies because I've seen like 10 different movies in my life.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if you're gonna be on jeopardy extremely famous movies should be in your pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you're gonna be on jeopardy extremely famous movies should be in your pool.

Yeah, I feel like if you're going to actually be on the show, you should take a crash course in Brit Lit, landmark Supreme Court cases, pop culture (movies and television), the Revolutionary, Civil and Vietnam Wars, and, like, a Science for Dummies book, because nine times out of ten it feels like Final Jeopardy comes from one of those areas.