Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mr Hootington posted:

the bill was going to pass until trump went nuclear on the "no" senators lol

It's basically my best case scenario come to pass, as it pertains to this bill. Before I say this, don't get me wrong, it's still ridiculously unlikely. But the only way Trump gets impeached by a Republican controlled Congress is if they decide they can't use him anymore. If he's sabotaging their bills, and possibly their jobs, they won't want him in the White House either, and would much rather deal with a potentially lame duck Pence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: I saw an ad for that the other day, I wonder who thought that was a good idea

to be fair animal kingdom has only been 2/3 of the way finished because eisner was a piece of poo poo

more like 1/3 though since the dinosaur land is just a lovely country fair with lovely carny rides and games and a re-skinning of indiana jones

the safari and everest rides there loving own

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
if there's one thing I'm glad for it's that there are so many loving scandals that now we don't add "-gate" to the end of everything anymore

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

haha remember when O'Keefe broke into a sitting senator's office and tried to bug the phones and got off with probation

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i am shocked that infotainment networks like good ratings!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Fidel Castronaut posted:

lol b/c shuckabee was all "UNNAMED SOURCES" and the source of that project veritas video, the person doing the recording, is unnamed.

:thunk:

i think her line was 'i dont know if it's real or not but go watch it'

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Reality Winner posted:

network that covered the missing malaysian airplanetrump campaign for weeksmonths on end is only interested in ratings ???

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

zegermans posted:

haha remember when O'Keefe broke into a sitting senator's office and tried to bug the phones and got off with probation

or when he tried to sexually assault that reporter

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Plus, if Senators start to think that if they ever disagree with Trump about something else in the future, they might get the Heller treatment, could lead to more getting together to send a message.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

aware of dog posted:

or when he tried to sexually assault that reporter

or when he doctored every recorded conversation he's ever had to skew the truth?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

In the recent video footage obtained by Project Veritas, John Bonifield a Sr. Producer at CNN, admits to several beliefs that are in direct conflict with the official CNN narrative that Trump has colluded with Russia, and that Russia has interfered with the 2016 election. Bonifield expresses clear doubts that there is a fire behind the Russia smoke, stating, “I haven’t seen any good enough evidence to show that the President committed a crime.” He also confirms suspicions that CNN staff is ideologically biased against Trump, stating, “I know a lot of people don’t like him and they’d like to see him get kicked out of office…”

Bonifield even further confirms CNN’s bias against the President, stating, “I think the President is probably right to say, like, look you are witch hunting me...you have no real proof.”

Bonifield exposes that Russia has been great for CNN’s ratings, and that orders from CEO Jeff Zucker himself have directed CNN to pursue Russia leads at the expense of other stories. Bonifield states “And the CEO of CNN said in our internal meeting, he said ‘good job everybody covering the Climate Accords, but we’re done with it let’s get back to Russia.’”

He further comments on Russia, “it’s mostly bullshit right now. Like, we don’t have any giant proof...if it was something really good, it’d leak.”

This is the YouTube description. I value my time at least a little bit, so I have no intention of watching this steaming turd. Based on his previous work, this is guaranteed to be exaggeration, lies, and general bullshit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Plus, if Senators start to think that if they ever disagree with Trump about something else in the future, they might get the Heller treatment, could lead to more getting together to send a message.

:lol: if you think the GOP would ever band together like that

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Iron Crowned posted:

The Loc-Nar is a powerful incentive

:orb:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

O'keefe is every bit as punchable as Richard Spencer.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

:chloe:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

zegermans posted:

he's gonna turn out to be trump's lovely version of g gordon liddy before this is all over

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

i love that trumbp is just perpetually frustrated and confused about why his cockamamie fox news grandpa ideas don't actually work

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

network that covered the missing malaysian airplane trump emails for weeks on end is only interested in ratings ???

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: if you think the GOP would ever band together like that

Oh I'm not saying all, or even half, would. But 4-6 would be enough to stop a bill. For example...today.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Admiral Ray posted:

this dude needs to get his head stuffed up his rear end in a top hat so he can finally see how full of poo poo he is.

People like him never realize that their poo poo stinks, all he would see is gold that people should praise him for

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Main Paineframe posted:

remember when he got caught breaking into a sitting member of Congress's office and got off with a slap on the wrist because his buddy who was with him was a judges son or something? he's connected

that's why we need a bunch of sharps to handle him

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Oh I'm not saying all, or even half, would. But 4-6 would be enough to stop a bill. For example...today.

i think its much more likely they learn to vote yes no matter what because theyre cowards

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/879752481516945409
medical producer, nothing to do with political coverage
He was probably bragging to try and get laid

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

they'll never impeach trump because their own base would rip their bones out with their bare hands for that betrayal

But if they can't work with him anymore, he will be quietly encouraged to resign, either for "health reasons" (which will be spun as "the lying media and libs drove this hard working man into sickness with their cruelty and lies") or "for the good of the country" which will be spun as ("the lying media and libs are actively sabotaging America because they hate trump so much")

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

deathbysnusnu posted:

O'keefe is every bit as punchable as Richard Spencer.

I was (am) a nerd so I never stuffed anyone in a locker, but I finally understood the impulse when I became aware of James O'Keefe.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
heller probably blew up the healthcare bill tbh, though murkowski and collins sneaking in a planned parenthood amendment would have been an equally hilarious way for the thing to go down in flames

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/jordanmerrick/status/879771539658473477

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Seriously someone start some poo poo so that the people can give money to that reporter

Let's talk the language America understands: money. If the journalists get $1M for not putting up with this poo poo they'll do it a lot more often

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Schnorkles posted:

heller probably blew up the healthcare bill tbh, though murkowski and collins sneaking in a planned parenthood amendment would have been an equally hilarious way for the thing to go down in flames

i'm pretty certain heller was always going to take one of the opposition slots - he's the most vulnerable senator, so he needs it. collins was probably planned for the other. it's the other senators that are the problem.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

thrawn527 posted:

people keep saying McConnell can just hand out money to buy their votes but they only need three IIRC to either get pissed at trump or flinch in the face of angry constituents and the bills doa

I'm not putting good odds on it or whatever but lol forever if trump is the thing that keeps this bullshit from passing

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'm pretty certain heller was always going to take one of the opposition slots - he's the most vulnerable senator, so he needs it. collins was probably planned for the other. it's the other senators that are the problem.

Paul was always ungettable as well. I think if you assume paul and probably collins won't vote for it, they need heller and murkowski on board.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

and tbf, heller has taken some really unpopular votes so far for nevada because leadership has twisted his arm.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Deceptive Thinker posted:

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/879752481516945409
medical producer, nothing to do with political coverage
He was probably bragging to try and get laid

imagine wanting to get laid by james okvfefe

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

Didn't Murkowski get some 'low population density state' provision thrown in at the last minute? I feel like I read a wapo story about it yesterday and she still hasn't actually said no yet..

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't Murkowski get some 'low population density state' provision thrown in at the last minute? I feel like I read a wapo story about it yesterday and she still hasn't actually said no yet..

she's been saying how happy she is about the bill being dead all day.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I genuinely wonder if the Cruz and Lee faction is paying lip service for it being not conservative enough, but are actually acting on the rational assumption that taking away 15 million people's health care in the year before an election might be a bad thing and their idiot base just wants them to puff their chests anyway.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Kazak_Hstan posted:

disney world is richer than god and owns the state of florida

did i say they were bad? they're good -trump

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

from your lips to gods ear, Corny

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/879783187450404864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Schnorkles posted:

Paul was always ungettable as well. I think if you assume paul and probably collins won't vote for it, they need heller and murkowski on board.

i think every other senator is gettable and paul is just holding out to try and get a better deal, as he did when the house side was voting.

• Locked thread