Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Fister Roboto posted:

Please don't.

According to XIVDB, the Minion Guide text for that is:

quote:

Ever since she began receiving them on her doorstep - one a day, every day, without fail - Khloe Aliapoh can't help but think there is something seriously wrong with whoever is sending her these disturbingly lifelike automatons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pikavangelist posted:

According to XIVDB, the Minion Guide text for that is:

:staredog:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
forget wind-up khloe, give me wind-up rowena

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They know their player base

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Countblanc posted:

forget wind-up khloe, give me wind-up rowena

I thought this said wind-up Ravana and I think I want that more tbh.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

vOv posted:

I thought this said wind-up Ravana and I think I want that more tbh.

he should sing the ravana theme in a squeaky little bug voice

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Countblanc posted:

Make it yell out quotes and 'attack' when you're in combat.

Dance to the song of ringing steel!

vOv fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 27, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Why doesn't Koji Fox run Square Enix yet

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

You forgot the preview:
https://twitter.com/NaschaStrig/status/874297142390796289

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

vOv posted:

This but with Susano

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SettingSun posted:

Excalibur, surprisingly, is not on the list of congested worlds. Out of our datacenter it's Balmung and Gilgamesh.

My goon friend who got me interested in this game is on Balmung. Unfortunately, doesn't appear possible to get onto that server.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

My goon friend who got me interested in this game is on Balmung. Unfortunately, doesn't appear possible to get onto that server.

You wouldn't want to. It's unironically 3-4 hours wait to get on there now due to queues. .

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ImpAtom posted:

You wouldn't want to. It's unironically 3-4 hours wait to get on there now due to queues. .

There are thousands of players who just can't decide how much they should post something for on their retainers. They go AFK just staring at the bell thinking about it intensely.

Also I've gotten in the habit of just logging on when I wake up and trying to solve the difficult riddle of how to start crafting this far eastern antique component. poo poo's hard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:confused:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Beating the 2nd boss of Bardam's Mettle without messing up should be a mandatory requirement in order to do raids and expert trials tbqh

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think the most shocking thing I've learned recently is that Koji Fox is his actual name.

Like, his dad was a soldier stationed in Japan, gave his son a Japanese middle name, and his last name is in fact Fox.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Can we change the thread title to "FINAL FANTASY XIV: Circle Shirk"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cythereal posted:

transfers by pass this

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If you talk to major NPCs after the MSQ, they'll have new text to congratulate you. Hancock tells you he hopes you and the company can become Nakama (though it's not actually that word, he describes it as 'friends, but better because it's in fantasy-Japanese')

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

transfers by pass this

Not at the moment they don't. Balmung and Gilgamesh are 100% locked down.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

transfers by pass this

Nope, you can't transfer to Balmung or Gilgamesh now, they turned it off entirely for those. (And the same applies for any other server listed as 'Congested' on their list, character creation is perma-locked and transfers onto that server are disabled)

They really want people to stop stacking onto the same few servers and spread out more.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

If you talk to major NPCs after the MSQ, they'll have new text to congratulate you. Hancock tells you he hopes you and the company can become Nakama (though it's not actually that word, he describes it as 'friends, but better because it's in fantasy-Japanese')

I started RDM after the MSQ and X'Rhun recognizes that I liberated Ala Mihgo, which is pretty impressive. This whole expansion has been about the little things.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kobata posted:

Nope, you can't transfer to Balmung or Gilgamesh now, they turned it off entirely for those. (And the same applies for any other server listed as 'Congested' on their list, character creation is perma-locked and transfers onto that server are disabled)

They really want people to stop stacking onto the same few servers and spread out more.

They've been slowly hacking away at the reasons to want to go onto a congested server anyways. If they add cross-server linkshells and marketboards there will be almost no reason to care which server you're on anymore (though not no reason).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Minrad posted:

poo poo, I might level crafters this expansion then. I'm still getting them all caught up to 60 for repairs, aside from moogle dailies there was nothing good about crafters in HW

It really is like night and day. The only annoyance so far is getting from 60 to 61, because the entry level stuff for SB is level 61 and you get penalized trying to craft them. Like I'm in all HQ ironworks gear that is mostly pentamelded and I struggle to get 35% hq at 60, then suddenly I hit 61 and effortlessly hit 100% quality. Another neat thing is that you can buy a tempura platter from an npc in kugane which is like ghetto NQ seafood for 2.1k a pop. Really, its hilarious how much easier SB crafting is compared to HW. Provided this is just weaver and carpenter in my experience, which has some insanely good leves that don't have any annoying materials to get (1 HQ ruby cotton for nearly a mil xp. Or 3 HQ kudzu for 1.5 million xp. 3 HQ beech logs for nearly 1 mil xp).

It also helps if you're a nerd with 70 gatherers to get a few hundred materials :v:

E: It makes my friend and I a bit concerned on how yellow scrips will work out seeing how easy crafting is currently.

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 27, 2017

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Are there any guides for the optimal way to level crafting/gathering? I've been told the most effective way to do crafting is ALL AT ONCE.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

They've been slowly hacking away at the reasons to want to go onto a congested server anyways. If they add cross-server linkshells and marketboards there will be almost no reason to care which server you're on anymore (though not no reason).

Eh. Fates and events and so-on still exist and they are legitimately better on busy servers where you're more likely to get the intended experience. Busy servers are nice despite their flaws. I moved over to an empty-as-poo poo preferred server for a bit and it feels a lot worse.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Amgard posted:

Good :ninja: stuff

Thank you. Mashing all the poo poo when everything ends up timing together is my favorite thing. And when an AST gives me Arrow, I think I transcend.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. Fates and events and so-on still exist and they are legitimately better on busy servers where you're more likely to get the intended experience. Busy servers are nice despite their flaws. I moved over to an empty-as-poo poo preferred server for a bit and it feels a lot worse.

Ain't this the truth. Before I transferred back to God's Own Server Excalibur, I went with some IRL friends to Gilgamesh, so at first I didn't see much of a difference (except for that server's markedly-worse attitude re: player skilllife in general), but then we moved to Ultros and what the gently caress where is everyone why is Idyllshire so barren. I could barely make any money because everything I tried to sell on the marketboard moved so slowly. Hunts were basically dead, and FATE trains just didn't exist.

Then they all stopped playing so I went back to Excal and I'm back, surrounded by the dumb babies I love so much.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 27, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Coughing Hobo posted:

Ain't this the truth. Before I transferred back to God's Own Server Excalibur, I went with some IRL friends to Gilgamesh, so at first I didn't see much of a difference (except for that server's markedly-worse attitude re: player skill), but then we moved to Ultros and what the gently caress where is everyone in Idyllshire. I could barely make any money because everything I tried to sell on the marketboard moved so slowly. Hunts were basically dead, and FATE trains just didn't exist.

These days, Ultros and Excalibur are close to tied for server population. I don't think this was the case near HW launch though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Countblanc posted:

someone repost that tweet

e drat it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Augus posted:

This but with Susano

I love Susano's english VO too. Something about the way he yells "Make way!" during the stun lightning mechanic makes me think of a party drunk running on the dinner tables or something.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

cheetah7071 posted:

These days, Ultros and Excalibur are close to tied for server population. I don't think this was the case near HW launch though.

This definitely was not the case back then. I was on Ultros for a majority of the HW patch cycle and transferred back to Excal during the pre-expansion lull, and Excal was still more active than Ultros at its busiest.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Coughing Hobo posted:

This definitely was not the case back then. I was on Ultros for a majority of the HW patch cycle and transferred back to Excal during the pre-expansion lull, and Excal was still more active than Ultros at its busiest.

It's possible that either Excal's population has more devoted players, or that there's some weird thresholding thing where past a certain number, each additional player "feels" like more, but a few months ago the number of players with the 3.5 MSQ achievement was only about 10% different.

e: or so I remember, I can't find the image. It basically showed Balmung way in the lead, Gilgamesh a distant second, then a huge mass of close-to-tied servers behind them, including both Excal and Ultros.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I love Susano's english VO too. Something about the way he yells "Make way!" during the stun lightning mechanic makes me think of a party drunk running on the dinner tables or something.

Susano's VA directions is "Loving this poo poo" and "Drunk uncle at a wedding"

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Balmung is out of control :stare:

https://ffxivcensus.com

Sitting nicely on Exodus for now. It gets a little sparse in the run-up to a patch but there's always people around. Most FATEs are already left un-done. I think they just give too little XP for the effort/time.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I think the Primal data center has a much more evenly distributed population. On the other one, Balmung has like 2X the population of Excalibur, Gilgamesh isn't far behind that, and then there are 4-5 mostly depopulated servers at the bottom

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
MSQ Ending Stuff:

- I know we never found a body and they clearly really want us to care about Yotsuyu's backstory, but that was still lame. I rolled my eyes super hard.
- What's Estinien's deal? Was he purposely hiding from us? I mean I'm glad we closed out all the HW stuff, but it was bothering me.
- Nero forever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

- What's Estinien's deal? Was he purposely hiding from us? I mean I'm glad we closed out all the HW stuff, but it was bothering me.

Do the DRG class quests for resolution on this.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I think the Primal data center has a much more evenly distributed population. On the other one, Balmung has like 2X the population of Excalibur, Gilgamesh isn't far behind that, and then there are 4-5 mostly depopulated servers at the bottom

I'm on Coeurl, I didn't know it was soo.....desolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

cheetah7071 posted:

It's possible that either Excal's population has more devoted players, or that there's some weird thresholding thing where past a certain number, each additional player "feels" like more, but a few months ago the number of players with the 3.5 MSQ achievement was only about 10% different.

e: or so I remember, I can't find the image. It basically showed Balmung way in the lead, Gilgamesh a distant second, then a huge mass of close-to-tied servers behind them, including both Excal and Ultros.

I think part of it is owing to that Excal has a more-organized player base that still engages with world activities like hunts and FATEs. Ultros just felt very sedate by comparison and party finder was a graveyard until the cross-world PF got implemented.