Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
a gay club in every american home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Subjunctivitis posted:

lmao just lmfao if you're even thinking of voting for another Democrat ever again

because the other party is actively working to erode civil rights, bankrupt the country, and directly kill millions rather than just waiting for everything to fall apart and hoping their 401ks survive

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Using house elves at Hogwarts was a longstanding tradition, which kept down costs.

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

because the other party is actively working to erode civil rights, bankrupt the country, and directly kill millions rather than just waiting for everything to fall apart and hoping their 401ks survive

wait im confused, which party's perspective is this again

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

actually not voting + yelling at the pollster when i get randomly chosen for polls is the best way forward

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
line in the sand: if you don't vote for binetti early and often you're getting forums cancer

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Condiv posted:

i thought centrists were supposed to be a group we can compromise with. why do we need a supermajority of progressives for a bill to even be debated? are they really our allies?

No, and they never were. :ssh:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ThndrShk2k posted:

It's already pretty bad lol, but that's why I'm ambivalent/indifferent to a shutdown.

Welp, it's your right to make decisions based on bigotry :shrug: lmao.

lol, nah. white people are loving terrible. especially in large groups.

plus I love having to not deal with overt racism where I live so it's not bigoted just a matter of self preservation haha :shrug:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

the other party is actively working to erode civil rights, bankrupt the country, and directly kill millions

good, death to america

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
but.. incrementalism.. is the light...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

actually not voting + yelling at the pollster when i get randomly chosen for polls is the best way forward

i don't know why i should be voting for people that hate me and my demographic though? if democrats want the poor to die from lack of healthcare, how is me voting for them helping?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

no one ever said "if we have a supermajority of democrats we will have single payer" ever, you literally just invented that

i mean the california democrats kind of did when they put single payer in their platform

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
does al! think we're gonna vote our way to anarchism

i don't think that's how the state works...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

like, why would i give more power to the wing of the party that's dedicated to keeping everything terrible and can't wait to lose to trump again? i should use my vote to strengthen my wing of the party and let the obstructionist wing die off

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

i get what youre saying and i simply disagree
........MOTHER FUCKER!!!!@

eat poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cretin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzlVvhbrx7k

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

i don't know why i should be voting for people that hate me and my demographic though? if democrats want the poor to die from lack of healthcare, how is me voting for them helping?

welcome to the t w o p a r t y s y s t e m :getin:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
god bless america *click*

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
vote for leftists in the primary and if they don't win write in their names in the general

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

Yeah, I mean how bad can :votegop: be, honestly?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

logikv9 posted:

a gay club in every american home

Gays clubbing Americans to death :discourse:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

i mean the california democrats kind of did when they put single payer in their platform

seems to me that progressives should probably just split off from the dems at this point, since even a platform plank and supermajority in state legislature isnt enough for single payer apparently, as you now need a majority of progressives

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deadgoon posted:

does al! think we're gonna vote our way to anarchism

i don't think that's how the state works...

no first the workers will rise up and size the means of production, establish a communist state which will eventually wither away into utopian anarchism through technological development. its right there in marx dummy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bip Roberts posted:

Gays clubbing Americans to death :discourse:

there are so many ways of reading this

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

full ragnarok now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

deadgoon posted:

vote for leftists in the primary and if they don't win write in their names in the general

this

if centrist dems refuse to work with leftists at all, then voting for them only gives them more power to obstruct our agenda. the better idea is to let the centrists die off

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

no first the workers will rise up and size the means of production, establish a communist state which will eventually wither away into utopian anarchism through technological development. its right there in marx dummy

but all of the workers are robots now

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

deadgoon posted:

full skynet now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deadgoon posted:

did i stutter

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
im wearing a skynet shirt right now working in a creative role in the tech industry mwahahaha

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ex post facho posted:

im wearing a skynet shirt right now working in a creative role in the tech industry mwahahaha

juicero, but automated and actively hunting down humans

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
four tons of pressure directly on your face

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
juicero but a drone equipped with a fleshlight dentata

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

i don't remember the part of the platform that said "every single person who runs as a democrat will agree to everything listed here"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

i don't remember the part of the platform that said "every single person who runs as a democrat will agree to everything listed here"

oh my god, why even loving vote for democrats, jesus christ

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ex post facho posted:

logikv9 posted:

welcome to the t w o p a r t y s y s t e m :getin:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ex post facho posted:

you don't vote for democrats, you vote for people. try voting for good ones

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
also the initiative process is one of the few ways to get around the elected democrats but it, too, has been tainted for ~reasons~

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Why is buttygeg good other than the name

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i try voting for people i think are good based on their support of single payer, but then they turn around and end up not supporting it, which makes them bad!

if only there were some kind of test we could apply...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

you don't vote for democrats, you vote for people. try voting for good ones

but when i don't want to vote for the bad ones who block everything and are hugging friends with republican monsters, i get told i'm being irresponsible and the lesser of two evils is something i must always vote for!

• Locked thread