Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Who exactly are the mumble rappers? Who mumbles? I'm starting to reevaluate the term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New track from Warhol SS's upcoming Chest Pains project and SD finally dropped another track after going ghost for a minute. I was looking forward to the next Life of a Savage tape before SD fell off the map. It feels like dude's been gone forever.

SD - Pour Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnLDMmoef_Q

Warhol SS - Big Bank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vRk0lDHKs

Also, S.Dot and lil Bibby both dropped videos for the Intro tracks to their next respective projects.

lil Bibby - Free Crack 4 Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab4O_ur7Zi4

Dotarachi - 3Much Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Pe4mLqFh0

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

temple posted:

Who exactly are the mumble rappers? Who mumbles? I'm starting to reevaluate the term.

It's just a catchall term for southern rappers that northerners can't understand :heritage:

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I thought thug was a mumble rapper until i paid him the attention he deserves.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q21Mx5j5S_g

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
tbt on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEhUIJGUWk4

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
'mumble rappers' is just another way for white people to be racist, i've found

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Hell :yeah:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I think Gibbs converted to christianity but google doesn't confirm

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
New Kendrick video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glaG64Ao7sM

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I like the new Vince a lot. I feel like 2017 has been extremely loving dope so far, especially when I pretend that Logic album didn't happen

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently there's a new Public Enemy coming out next week, if you want to hear what a nearly 60-year-old Chuck and Flav have to rap about

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Good Will Hrunting posted:

'mumble rappers' is just another way for white people to be racist, i've found

Probably, but I've only heard black people (like myself, before any of y'all fucks get started) use it and it describes Yachty and 21 quite well

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I was making dinner and had BTG on and I guess Google Music updated it with the new features. I've been listening to the version on my phone this whole time. I like the original Tomorrow till Infinity better :(

I pretty much gave it a halfhearted listen last Friday before jumping into BFT, but I've had it on today and it's got some pretty good songs on there. Not my favourite Thug project but when he shines, SHEEEEESH

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

the_american_dream posted:

Probably, but I've only heard black people (like myself, before any of y'all fucks get started) use it and it describes Yachty and 21 quite well

that's fair, i pretty much only see it used by annoying white people on facebook/white bros i work with in a super condescending way (the same coworkers who jack off lil dicky)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea i hadn't thought about it tbh but i would feel a certain way hearing that from a white person. Hell, hearing ghetto triggers me and it could be the literal dictionary based definition describing a Jewish one in history

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

temple posted:

I think its a catchall for alot of Atlanta/southern rappers, but the first thing that came to mind was that Complex interview with Migos/Takeoff.

double negative posted:

I like the new Vince a lot. I feel like 2017 has been extremely loving dope so far, especially when I pretend that Logic album didn't happen

Drogas Light was by far the most disappointing thing to come out this year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yfhhgfhhdwfbadnbougie?

What

I'm from Texas with deep South louisana in my fam and legit didn't understand what he said until the 3rd time. I don't understand how his raps are so much clearer

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 28, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Haha what

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

You've gotta be making GBS threads me. You might be listening to music with AliExpress bootleg of a bootleg headphones if you couldn't make out the chorus on bnb.

Ooohhhh by Future is some good mumble rap.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Cobra Commander posted:

You've gotta be making GBS threads me. You might be listening to music with AliExpress bootleg of a bootleg headphones if you couldn't make out the chorus on bnb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXjiVxC1HS4

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Cobra Commander posted:

Ooohhhh by Future is some good mumble rap.

Lol what? We're talking about the interview with complex

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

that's fair, i pretty much only see it used by annoying white people on facebook/white bros i work with in a super condescending way (the same coworkers who jack off lil dicky)

Nobody actually likes little dicky, do they? hosed up if true

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Nobody actually likes little dicky, do they? hosed up if true

everyone in my office. like, everyone. not exaggerating. we have a music slack room and they recite lyrics and i'm like "what is this poo poo?" and its lil dicky.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

Lol what? We're talking about the interview with complex

sorry bout your old rear end ears, that was perfectly understandable

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

sorry bout your old rear end ears, that was perfectly understandable

New thread title tia

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/Four_Pins/status/879862015912796160

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Crumbletron posted:

I was making dinner and had BTG on and I guess Google Music updated it with the new features. I've been listening to the version on my phone this whole time. I like the original Tomorrow till Infinity better :(

I pretty much gave it a halfhearted listen last Friday before jumping into BFT, but I've had it on today and it's got some pretty good songs on there. Not my favourite Thug project but when he shines, SHEEEEESH

The more I listen to it, the more it sounds like a Wyclef album, not that I hate it but it's the first thing I think.

Not better than Jeffrey but it's really good listening

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

everyone in my office. like, everyone. not exaggerating. we have a music slack room and they recite lyrics and i'm like "what is this poo poo?" and its lil dicky.

Wtf? Sorry man. I guess at least its not riff raff or hopsin or something?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

That's crazy. I thought music videos were dead.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Dude just watched that Migos/budden video. That guy has no one to blame but himself for his career not hitting what he thinks it should have. Comes off as a dick every time I see him and if "being a dick" is, like, his "persona" I guess that's a thing you could do but no wonder no one would wanna work with you and think you're a prick. Wish Migos woulda popped him. No reason to act that disrespectful to the talent. you're the interviewer. Don't do the interview if you're gonna be a child like that. Either do it right or don't do it. Budden should just go solo because he clearly gets frustrated (and, again, this might be a planned thing from a production stand point, a la, "I'm the grumpy one!) with his co-hosts but then again when that floundered he'd lose the ability to blame anyone but himself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I always read mumble rap as uzi et al

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Anytime I see mumble anything I pretty much ignore it. Just seems like a shorthand for "not trying that hard, isn't that cool?" Which is a popular thing for the last generation or so.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

GoldfishStew posted:

Dude just watched that Migos/budden video. That guy has no one to blame but himself for his career not hitting what he thinks it should have. Comes off as a dick every time I see him and if "being a dick" is, like, his "persona" I guess that's a thing you could do but no wonder no one would wanna work with you and think you're a prick. Wish Migos woulda popped him. No reason to act that disrespectful to the talent. you're the interviewer. Don't do the interview if you're gonna be a child like that. Either do it right or don't do it. Budden should just go solo because he clearly gets frustrated (and, again, this might be a planned thing from a production stand point, a la, "I'm the grumpy one!) with his co-hosts but then again when that floundered he'd lose the ability to blame anyone but himself.

change your av

also mega :agreed:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Academics been saying all day Migos came with the bad attitude and dissed Budden before the recording. If they had problems with buddy they should've never sat down then. Why interview with someone you looking for problems with unless you're ready to go? They didn't say poo poo to Joe through that whole bit but were giving all them sideways glances and poo poo, if they didn't want to shake up with Budden before the segment then clearly they got a problem but instead of addressing it like adults they sat next to him all in their feeling like a bunch of little school girls. Migos make some good music, but Joe's right, they some sassy little divas.

I feel bad for Joe's female co-host tho. Even in the Mensa episode, you could tell she's not ready for that drama. Although the way Migos been dressing, she probably could've gone toe to toe if they all squared up one on one with each other.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I think Migos and Joe were being dickheads.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Migos are a bad interview except that time they said that Take Off got his name because they always take him off the track.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Edit: double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Academics been saying all day Migos came with the bad attitude and dissed Budden before the recording. If they had problems with buddy they should've never sat down then. Why interview with someone you looking for problems with unless you're ready to go? They didn't say poo poo to Joe through that whole bit but were giving all them sideways glances and poo poo, if they didn't want to shake up with Budden before the segment then clearly they got a problem but instead of addressing it like adults they sat next to him all in their feeling like a bunch of little school girls. Migos make some good music, but Joe's right, they some sassy little divas.

I feel bad for Joe's female co-host tho. Even in the Mensa episode, you could tell she's not ready for that drama. Although the way Migos been dressing, she probably could've gone toe to toe if they all squared up one on one with each other.

They're probably mad at Joe for yelling so much at Yachty who they're cool with.