Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This probably won't come as a surprise, but Mark Hunt's lawsuit against the UFC is not going well.

https://twitter.com/MMAanalytics/status/879505569895153664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

1st AD posted:

i don't bet on mma but boetsch was probably a good guy to bet on because johny is fat and dumb and like half a foot shorter

With no steroids, Jhony is trash

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't think Michael Chiesa was going to last another 40 seconds in that palm to palm choke, don't blame old heart hands.

Mario stopped that fight maybe two seconds early. Chiesa was on his way to naptown.

Just watched the fight night with my wife. Her best take was "wow look at Johny Hendricks' tan. He clearly spends a lot of time walking around with his shirt off.

I bet everyone around him wishes he wouldn't"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Rigel posted:

This probably won't come as a surprise, but Mark Hunt's lawsuit against the UFC is not going well.

https://twitter.com/MMAanalytics/status/879505569895153664

The worst part is that some lawyer is taking advantage of Mark and probably making a lot of money off litigating this ridiculous claim.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
A lawyer taking a client for a ride? Well i never!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

The worst part is that some lawyer is taking advantage of Mark and probably making a lot of money off litigating this ridiculous claim.

I wonder if anyone warned Mark that in some lawsuits if you lose the judge can award costs to the other party? That would really suck for him to get his butt kicked in court then have to pay the UFC's legal fees to boot.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I mean point zero of this was mark hunt suing the UFC for giving him an insanely high profile fight, I don't know what anyone expected.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
matt serra defended mario yamasaki and said that chiesa was done and was going out on da official ufc podcast

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Memento posted:

Just watched the fight night with my wife. Her best take was "wow look at Johny Hendricks' tan. He clearly spends a lot of time walking around with his shirt off.

I bet everyone around him wishes he wouldn't"

He goes shirtless most of the time to counteract the meat sweats after every meal.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Johny Hendricks should go full Roy Nelson.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

matt serra defended mario yamasaki and said that chiesa was done and was going out on da official ufc podcast

He's right

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Tsyni posted:

Johny Hendricks should go full Roy Nelson.

Thats a surprisingly apt comparison. Fat whiny grapplers whos addicted to throwing a massive overhand and no one remembers what their grappling looks like anyway.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

henkman posted:

He's right

Watching it live it looked like Chiesa was done and about to go out, so whatever.

Sucks for Kevin Lee. If Yamasaki let's him go out that's a clear cut and very impressive win.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV25hQ9n8yD/

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i hosed up very badly. watch the johny hendricks video on derrick lewis's instagram

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
gently caress, I remember after that first fight with Lawler, Hendricks had showed massive, massive improvement in his striking in a very short time. Against Condit, he was just spamming the left hand like a kid playing tekken who didn't want to find out what the other buttons did. Then, two fights later, he's trading successfully on the inside against Lawler, and nearly shutting him down with leg kicks. I remember someone here saying they couldn't see how anyone else was going to give Hendricks as hard a time as Lawler did.

Now, lol. a 5'9 fighter missing middleweight. And looking like poo poo to boot.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
From welterweight champion to getting his poo poo pushed in by a middling middleweight in two and a half years.

"My Opponents Get Paid: The Johny Hendricks Story"

Edit: gently caress, apparently when I say "middling" I mean "unranked" lol

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
My favorite Johny moment was when he was casually singing to himself during the GSP fight he went on to lose

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He lost the battle (the fight), but won the war(made GSP retire), but then lost the resulting cold war(became very fat and opened a restaurant which was not successful).

mewse
May 2, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

He lost the battle (the fight), but won the war(made GSP retire), but then lost the resulting cold war(became very fat and opened a restaurant which was not successful).

I feel like the cold war is a really bad analogy for a time period characterized by rapid expansion

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Memento posted:

From welterweight champion to getting his poo poo pushed in by a middling middleweight in two and a half years.

That sounds like a thankless, and neigh impossible task for any man. But if it can be pushed in, then it can be pushed out. Lets get our top scientists on this pronto

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

mewse posted:

I feel like the cold war is a really bad analogy for a time period characterized by rapid expansion

lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eat This Glob posted:

That sounds like a thankless, and neigh impossible task for any man. But if it can be pushed in, then it can be pushed out. Lets get our top scientists on this pronto

I knew there was a poop joke in there somewhere, but I couldn't get it out.

Just like Johny's colon.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

mewse posted:

The Cold War was a time period marked by rapid expansion, Mewse.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
We are waiting to see who can not fight sooner, so it works for me

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Can't believe that girl pooped everywhere

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Cyborg is fighting Tonya Evinger now and not Megan Anderson, click submit reply sned post to B-league thread with theo ther Invicta FC posts

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Evinger/Cyborg is an absolutely sick fight. I can't believe this is what it took for Evinger to finally get into the UFC.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

UFC Featherweight champion Tonya Evinger

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

handsome only face posted:

Cyborg is fighting Tonya Evinger now and not Megan Anderson

I cannot imagine a timeline in which I give a single solitary gently caress

But I'm actually pumped for the main event next weekend.

It's me, I'm the Cyborg hater, clearly due to ~~body shaming~~ or some other bullshit

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Cyborg gonna maul that poor 36 year old fat girl

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I always get Evinger mixed up with Tonya Harding, who probably has as good a shot of beating Cyborg.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
tonya evinger is the ginger woman who lost to gina carano, right?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

tonya evinger is the ginger woman who lost to gina carano, right?

yeah. this fight is exactly what you think it is.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/880040532139012097

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress this earth :argh:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ffffffffuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk

Southpaugh