Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

iospace posted:

Don't blame you for the Rossi pick given practice, but Marco?
He had the best practice/qual results of all the leftovers. Took a gamble. I'm also bad at gambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, does anyone have video of the marshal on the front stretch being an absolute hero? Asking for a friend.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Here's my best images of the weekend at Road America: (56k :frogout:)

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Will Power is a wanker

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

In Miller and Pruett's video, apparently the rumor is that Andretti is talking to Chevy about switching next year. Not sure how series it is or if they are just shopping for the best deal.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think Chevy should subsidize either another 2 car team or an existing team to 4 cars, which was also discussed. Maybe even poaching one of Honda's 2 car teams over.

Right now:

Chevy:
Penske x4
Special Ed x2
AJ x2

8 total

Honda:
Andretti x4
Ganassi x4
Dale Coyne x2
Schmidt-Peterson x2
RLL x1

13 total

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Andretti will still be the #2 team at Chevy if they move, so the only incentive would be a bigger sack of cash? Assistance with their upcoming IMSA team?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If you order now, 2018 RA tickets are 100 bucks

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Bentai posted:

Andretti will still be the #2 team at Chevy if they move, so the only incentive would be a bigger sack of cash? Assistance with their upcoming IMSA team?

Better than being the #5 team with Honda

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I dunno, I think Andretti is still #2 with Honda.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Remember when Andretti was good at tracks not named Indianapolis

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
But if Andretti defects to Chevy how is there supposed to be a certain McLaren Honda Andretti entry at Indy next season? This is all because of those stupid two points at Baku. WELL DONE BAKU :mad:

I think they're not actually on sale yet, but they should be later this week. New bodywork and back to first year prices? Yes please.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dentist toy box posted:

Remember when Andretti was good at tracks not named Indianapolis

In the Aero Era? They won Iowa and Pocono with RHR and one race at Detroit with Munoz.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Nice pictures Shibby, gonna steal some of those for desktop duty at work. Sorry you had to go work, but I suppose having amazing vantages makes up for it!

Kinda want this as an avatar, also I wouldn't be impersonating 1500quid constantly. I almost started posting about karting in the worst thread last night just to see if I could confuse anyone.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lord Crapulus posted:

But if Andretti defects to Chevy how is there supposed to be a certain McLaren Honda Andretti entry at Indy next season? This is all because of those stupid two points at Baku. WELL DONE BAKU :mad:

McLaren Sauber Honda Ganassi.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iospace posted:

Don't blame you for the Rossi pick given practice, but Marco?

He's really, REALLY cheap in the Indycar fantasy game. Like at the bottom it's basically him, Gutierrez and the Foyt cars.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah. The Foyt Boys aren't looking good for having midpack finishes anywhere this season, and The GUT might be able to sneak one or two. Overall I feel like out of all the cheap choices, Marco has the best odds of finishing decently.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Bentai posted:

Yeah. The Foyt Boys aren't looking good for having midpack finishes anywhere this season, and The GUT might be able to sneak one or two. Overall I feel like out of all the cheap choices, Marco has the best odds of finishing decently.

Every time I've picked Marco as my budget pick, he's hosed up somehow (and I've picked him at least 4 times)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I think the literal Aj foyt squeezed into a dw12 would do better than Marco at this point.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Marco is bad and you should stop picking him

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Marco is that driver that has flashes of brilliance in practice and qualifying but can never translate it to the race.

Kimball, however, pulled a 6th off Sunday, which all things considered, being the 2nd best non-Penske finisher on a course that they're expected to sweep the podium on is a good achievement (also, I love that paint scheme of his).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Marco would be selling tires in Pennsylvania if it wasn't for his last name

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/879756589216956416

Alonso's mancrush on the Indy 500 loving owns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yup, he's coming back next year, almost certain of it now. :getin:

Also, for IoC:

Because I remember you saying you wanted to hack into it, so here you go.

And for everyone else:

Daly admitted in that session to wearing the same US flag boxers every race (which aren't fireproof, which was asked by Carlos) with an eagle in a certain location.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yes it does, though I think he honestly enjoyed the hell out of the difference in cultures. Just look at his demeanor getting out of the car after loving HONDA hosed HIM AGAIN. By any rights he should've been raging, or devastated, or both. Yet there's the crowd giving him a (deserved) standing ovation and him being in a good enough mood to accept and acknowledge it. I think it just felt that good to be out in front for that long.

iospace posted:

Also, for IoC:

Because I remember you saying you wanted to hack into it, so here you go.

Indycar telemetry, powered by Honda Yard Equipment

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

This (like all Marshall Pruett articles) is an Interesting Article: http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/141864-pruett-aero-strategy-duel-at-road-america

I continue to not like Scott Dixon, but I can't help but be impressed with his ability to run fast enough on the straights and make some of the best fuel mileage I saw while running higher downforce. What a jerk.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He learned how to get good mileage and go fast by having the Toyota engines in late CART era- which were extraordinarily powerful but thirsty.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If Dixon keeps winning at his career rate and keeps driving for 4 more years (which I think he will, hes only 36. Helio is 42), he will pass Mario for 2nd in the all time win list with 52, and he will do it with 121 fewer starts (360 vs 481). He won't catch AJ's 67 wins unless there is another split (ironically, 2 splits are what helped get AJ himself to 67 wins.)

What I'm saying is Dixon is an all timer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

If Dixon keeps winning at his career rate and keeps driving for 4 more years (which I think he will, hes only 36. Helio is 42), he will pass Mario for 2nd in the all time win list with 52, and he will do it with 121 fewer starts (360 vs 481). He won't catch AJ's 67 wins unless there is another split (ironically, 2 splits are what helped get AJ himself to 67 wins.)

I swore Dixon was older than that :stare: But yeah, I got some weird looks cheering for Dixon at the end of the race, but it was more "Please, anyone but Penske" than for him.

Ok, fine, I like the dude, even if he is a bit bland at times.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyqJMERkqJM

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

if dixon had drove for penske all this time instead of ganassi he'd prolly already be at 52 wins

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

I swore Dixon was older than that :stare: But yeah, I got some weird looks cheering for Dixon at the end of the race, but it was more "Please, anyone but Penske" than for him.

Ok, fine, I like the dude, even if he is a bit bland at times.

Never feel ashamed of your love for Scott Dixon.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

The T1 stands were overall pro-Dixon I'd say, there was a lot of gently caress Power sentiment expressed

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/TSOLadder/status/879834782514937858

CHAD BOAT!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cygni posted:

He really is, and consider as well that Dixon's career has largely been in the most competitive era for Indycar. We're not talking about a time when only 1/3 of the field (or less) had the best combination of engine / chassis / tire.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy gently caress i haven't thought about billy boat in over a decade

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Two videos, now that I can get sound out of them:

Donuts:
https://my.mixtape.moe/iqsayu.mp4

And bonus, Turn 5 claiming a victim in Lights:
https://my.mixtape.moe/fqddhz.mp4

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

financially racist posted:

holy gently caress i haven't thought about billy boat in over a decade

He was at Legends Day sitting next to Double O Joe Gosek the supermods GOAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/gutierrez-says-rookie-oval-experience-mentally-demanding-924240/amp/

The GUT got through his oval test at Iowa.

• Locked thread