Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
[extremely trying to find ways to pay
people who work for me voice]

*eyes line item on the budget spreadsheet for "America is Already Great" hats*

no... can't cut there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Willa Rogers posted:

the DNC said that they are still exploring ways to find the means to pay them.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ohoho, I'd forgotten that perez was obama's cabinet appointee for dept. of labor.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

don't waste a billion dollars on hillary. problem solved. don't spent 30 million on out of state lanyard dweebs who wanna be obama. problem solved. wow this is really easy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

When pressed by Payday Report to explain why they had yet to implement Perez’s pledge, the DNC said that they are still exploring ways to find the means to pay them.

:qq:

well why not just use all the money they're not spending in MT, NE or KS

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Willa Rogers posted:

ohoho, I'd forgotten that perez was obama's cabinet appointee for dept. of labor.

He was pretty good as labor sec tbh

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dig it: tom perez is violating rules he instituted at the dept. of labor.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

also just lol at this democrats.txt poo poo:

“As Tom often stated while he was running for Chair, unpaid internships limit the diversity of our talent pipeline, the opportunities available to young Democrats, and the future of our party as a whole,” wrote DNC spokesperson Michael Tyler in a statement to Payday. “The current intern program was started before the current leadership was in place, but as we build our team, we’re exploring every possible means for paid internships.”

didja hear that, guys? they're exploring every possible means to not be slavemasters violating the dept. of labor standards.

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Interns $0
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my party is dying

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I just checked the DNC store and they are selling a "vote democrat and chill" t-shirt

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ex post facho posted:

well why not just use all the money they're not spending in MT, NE or KS

they were saving all that (literal) political capital for GA-06.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Willa Rogers posted:

2020 dnc platform: change the name to dept of labour

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Joementum posted:

I just checked the DNC store and they are selling a "vote democrat and chill" t-shirt

For optimum chillness it must be paired with a "more like chillary clinton amitite?" coaster.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Joementum posted:

i like the dems with the boom
i once got busy in a dnc bathroom

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
dnc store update: you can, right now, buy a shirt reading "#proudofpotus"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

lmao

keep 'em coming, joe

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Joementum posted:

lmao

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Joementum posted:

#resist

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Bernie vids today are all about the college poo poo so I decided to remind you guys H.A.Goodman still exists.

For some reason

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I remember describing Hillary Clinton's campaign as "a Brands Saying Bae campaign" at one point and getting a ton of pushback

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

News on the Ranked Choice vote in Maine

Dem controlled House voted to keep it.
So some more votes later this week.

so is something like frances system where theres 2 rounds and poo poo a good way to go or is there some flaw to it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
H.A. Badman

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

him and louise mensch should have hate babies

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Uncle Wemus posted:

so is something like frances system where theres 2 rounds and poo poo a good way to go or is there some flaw to it

France's system is basically California's jungle primary, so it's insanely stupid

if you want a system where a single person is elected to represent a specific geographic constituency, ranked choice/instant runoff is one of the better ways to do it, but that single-member concept has the notable flaw that if you happen to be ideologically opposed to your elected representative, then no one in government answers to you

Zoran has issued a correction as of 02:34 on Jun 28, 2017

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

him and louise mensch should have hate babies

trey gowdy exists

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Uncle Wemus posted:

we have france's system in some places, like ca or la. run-offs aren't great because they create a burden for the voter to vote twice and they don't eliminate the spoiler effect - in a wide field, the top 2 might end up being two undesirable candidates (i.e. two people who sneak by with 20% each but aren't liked by most voters) ranked choice alleviates this flaw by letting people instantly transfer their vote to their second favorite candidate if the first is too unpopular

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ex post facho posted:

trey gowdy exists

tre gaudy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
more fun from the Democrats store

this looks like it's calling the country "Resistan" as if it were a Central Asian republic

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
also, their Obama legacy poster is "sold out"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
squizzle is a good IK

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Uncle Wemus posted:

Instant runoff/Ranked choice voting

You basically choose who you want to vote for in a ranked manner. In each round in the instant runoff the person with least votes gets eliminated and each of that candidate's voters next choice gets their votes. Then after someone reaches 50% or after a few rounds it ends. Prevents the spoiler effect, but it's still First Past the Post.

The goal is to not only give voters a more accurate way of choosing a candidate, but will also encourage more positive campaigns as you won't want to forsake one candidate with negative campaigning lest you offend their voters (unless they're a demographic that the candidate won't overlap with)

There are some flaws because it's First Past the post, but it's better than the current implementation of FPTP

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Joementum posted:

also, their Obama legacy poster is "sold out"

:perfect:

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
a literal slaveowner, when voting:
Republican: "Nahhh, they're too progressive"
Democrat: "Hmmm, how could this work?"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

squizzle is a good IK

i like that we have IKs again in general

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

we have france's system in some places, like ca or la. run-offs aren't great because they create a burden for the voter to vote twice and they don't eliminate the spoiler effect - in a wide field, the top 2 might end up being two undesirable candidates (i.e. two people who sneak by with 20% each but aren't liked by most voters) ranked choice alleviates this flaw by letting people instantly transfer their vote to their second favorite candidate if the first is too unpopular
More than just the 2nd candidate!
As long as there are enough candidates there can be no fewer than 6 rankings.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i am literally the obama legacy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
dont skip legacy day

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nonsense posted:

i am literally the obama legacy

How are you posting if you are dead and forgotten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

xposting lmao

• Locked thread