Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
In reality I think you will find that it says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

Perfect page number/snype combo.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

hooman posted:

Perfect page number/snype combo.

Thanks for reminding me what page it is

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Bogan King posted:

thank you for reminding me of the time

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

"Buying items of intrinsic value (that means that by the nature of their material they have monetary value) is a way to enjoy having money, and to also have liquid items (liquid means easily sell-able for cash) in your life that will maintain or increase their value over time. Things like gold, silver or platinum can be bought in ounces, kilos or coins."

"Hm, I sure have a lot of bills to pay, and after they're all paid, I'll have $50 to last me the rest of the month. Think I'll buy a kilo of platinum instead."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It is a half step away from recommending bitcoin

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

At least you can buy drugs on the internet with bitcoins. What the gently caress are you gonna do with gold.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan King posted:

At least you can buy drugs on the internet with bitcoins. What the gently caress are you gonna do with gold.

Make expensive HDMI cables

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Bogan King posted:

This reminds me, my parents were sorting through my grandfather's coin collection and found a few Australian $200 coins (actually worth more because they have gold in them)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I flip horse on Craigslist with the first ten percent of my income, please look into my book The Exploitation of Human Misery Made Easy!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Instead of paying my bills I'll buy some precious metals. Sounds plausible.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No but you see the universe always makes more bills when you pay them and they are not at all generated on a highly predictable monthly, quarterly and yearly basis that even a machine could understand. It's total cosmic chaos of expenses because you didn't treat yourself

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

While the opinion polls continue to deliver bad news for the Turnbull government, it clings to the prime minister’s personal edge over Bill Shorten as proof that all is not lost.

It’s true that despite a sharp decline in his own personal approval since late 2015, the Essential Report shows that Malcolm Turnbull maintains a 39-26 lead as preferred prime minister.

The Coalition has form in snatching elections by personalising the political contest and defining Labor through their opponents: think Kim Beazley’s “lack of ticker”, Mark Latham’s “L-plates” and “Ju-liar” as textbook examples of the dark art of political character assassination.

The Coalition has been probing to define Shorten for some time.

First it was the clunky attempt to christen him “power Bill” – as the freshly minted Tony Abbott fought to keep his climate wars going from office. That attack went the way of its lead attacker.

Then there was the attempt to create “crooked Bill”, turning the taxpayer-funded guns of the Heydon royal commission onto Shorten with a terms of reference skilfully calibrated to target his time as a moderate union official.

Under evidence Shorten was forced to justify his model of centrist unionism, the right-wing lynch-mob wringing their hands about his betrayal at the same time as they were condemning the CFMEU for being too militant.

When Shorten was cleared by the commission and endorsed by former business leaders as a great example of a pragmatic union leader delivering for his members, that line of attack was also ditched.

At the start of this year, a new thrust began, call it “boot-licking Bill”, a weird twist on the politics of envy by attacking him for the powerful business contacts he had made during his union career.

Central to this attack is the contention that Shorten plays both sides of the street – that he talks about being the champion of the worker but he would rather be hobnobbing with the rich.

That this attack was led so vociferously by a multi-millionaire who had to personally fund his last election campaign to hold onto power, did tend to position the argument as “that’s not the sort of chap we want in our club”. Whatever, it seemed to fall away as soon as it had been launched.

Now the Coalition seems to have settled on the more generic “do anything Bill”, building a story that Shorten doesn’t believe in anything and will do anything and say anything to get elected (presumably unlike other politicians).

What’s clear is that notwithstanding the preferred PM numbers, the Coalition has struggled to make any individual attack stick. Despite its best efforts, the Coalition has yet to identify Bill’s achilles heel.

That’s because strong negative attacks need to be rooted in greater truths.

Each of the successful Coalition character attacks in recent times has resonated because they were based on a fundamental – rather than a confected – flaw: Beazley’s indecision, Latham’s inexperience and recklessness, Gillard’s malleability.

So does our latest Essential Report offer the Coalition any clues? On the regular leadership attribute questions we ask there is not a lot of clearly fertile ground.

On key negatives, Malcolm Turnbull is seen as more out of touch, more arrogant and more intolerant.

Yes, the PM is seen as more intelligent, and incumbency has delivered him marginally higher ratings on capability and vision, but there is no emerging character flaw here to build a movement around.

Digging further into personal qualities, with a series of alternate leader attributes we developed first for the federal election and repeat this week, we get a richer picture of how the two contenders characters are perceived.

Turnbull’s real-life appeal is transactional, a successful person who we would ask for advice, or dine or travel with – after all he knows where the good spots are.

Bill’s appeal is more relational – going for a beer, helping you if your car broke down or if you needed a spare pair of hands with the renovations. Despite the wealth disparity, he’s also more likely to lend you $100 if you need it. You’d even trust him with your pet.

Yes, it’s a little trite, but there is a deeper truth here that goes to the Coalition’s struggles to define their opponent.

Despite his sometimes awkward presentation, the opposition leader has managed to build a perception of someone who does more than just talk, someone who is prepared to pitch in and get his hands dirty when it’s needed.

Or maybe it’s just that when forced to contrast him with a prime minister who promised so much but has delivered so little, a more grounded leader doesn’t seem so bad at all.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
And bills literally multiply if you don't pay them. That 10% of your income is going to be spent paying late fees. What a treat!

e:^The greatest truth about Shorten is that he has no position, so that one might work, but it's also only slightly less true for the rest of them.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 28, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Meow-meow is gonna have his Opal card deactivated for getting it implanted under his skin

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

This is the funniest part of the whole thing.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

G-Spot Run posted:

No but you see the universe always makes more bills when you pay them and they are not at all generated on a highly predictable monthly, quarterly and yearly basis that even a machine could understand. It's total cosmic chaos of expenses because you didn't treat yourself

It's like someone read 'So Long and Thanks For All The Fish' and used it as a basis for a belief system.

Next week- how to prove humanity is mad using only a packet of toothpicks

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bounce back comment from a finance friend re the power of the universe:

"This person should be in jail and there may very well be grounds for it given what I'm reading is financial advice."

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

This guy is a a nice person but definitely drug affected. I worked with him briefly a few years ago. Im pretty sure his blog is still up detailing his psychedelic experiences and consequent mental health treatment.

what did he think was going to happen when he publicly announced not only violating the terms of use by damaging the card, but also having it duplicated by a third party onto another device?

and RF chip antennas are pretty lovely when they flex and bend or you change the length of it, as he did.

the video of him awkwardly half-bending over and rubbing the outside of his hand on the scanner was the best thing about it. all that trouble to have a slightly less convenient method of scanning your Opal card. well done.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I've definitely had to race back home when I've forgotten my wallet and don't want to get bodyslammed by metcops. Would be handy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The federal agency considering a $900m loan to Adani has cited “substantial cyberbullying” of its directors to justify refusing a freedom of information request for basic details of its board meetings.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Laserface posted:

This guy is a a nice person but definitely drug affected.

I, for one, am shocked.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

The federal agency considering a $900m loan to Adani has cited “substantial cyberbullying” of its directors to justify refusing a freedom of information request for basic details of its board meetings.

Just walk away from the screen.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

Are you loving serious lol.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

JBP posted:

Bounce back comment from a finance friend re the power of the universe:

"This person should be in jail and there may very well be grounds for it given what I'm reading is financial advice."

That dumb poo poo isn't even a new idea, it's like one of the main concepts in Rich Dad Poor Dad except somehow that dumb poo poo article managed to turn it into a cross between real advice and The Secret and it's just so loving stupid I cannot even.

edit: I think it might be Richest man in Babylon but gently caress the point is the same.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 28, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

open24hours posted:

Just walk away from the screen.

Just guillotine yourselves

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The biohacker type of people who embrace the dark cyberpunk future are dumb as hell. Why yes, I'm all about the brands and being surveilled.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Think of how many bullshit logins you have to have for the difference services you use, now imagine the two hundred bio implants you're going to need in the future.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
The transperth cards don't work when they are next to an EMV card (visa/MasterCard) so you will just have to choose your favourite and carry around a pile of severed hands for the rest so they don't interfere with each other

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Help someone hacked my fingers and it's making me post bad

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Chicago had an awesome system where *any* payWave card could be used. The card wouldn't be charged unless you didn't have enough prepaid credit loaded.
The purchased cards were basically just prepaid Visa cards with no $$$ on them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Help someone hacked my fingers and it's making me post bad

*milky laughter*

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

norp posted:

The transperth cards don't work when they are next to an EMV card (visa/MasterCard) so you will just have to choose your favourite and carry around a pile of severed hands for the rest so they don't interfere with each other

Same reason you can only have 2 magic rings in an RPG.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
So uh, is my job agency just loving with me by making me attend 13 appointments a month now? I've been on Newstart for 10 months but surely this is way beyond my minimum requirements? Already fired an email to the DoE for clarification.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

snoremac posted:

So uh, is my job agency just loving with me by making me attend 13 appointments a month now? I've been on Newstart for 10 months but surely this is way beyond my minimum requirements? Already fired an email to the DoE for clarification.

That's almost a part time job on its own.

I bet they are trying to inflate some kind of metric they can milk money from - thats literally 60% of the business days in a month (assuming you don't have two appointments in a day)

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

snoremac posted:

Do they set you up with the appointments or do you have to find them yourself?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sounds like they need students for their lovely job searching courses to get that sweet government cash

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Paingod556 posted:

It's like someone read 'So Long and Thanks For All The Fish' and used it as a basis for a belief system.

Next week- how to prove humanity is mad using only a packet of toothpicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

G-Spot Run posted:

Isn't that the stupid poo poo Oprah was peddling? The Secret?

• Locked thread