Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Use istocknow.com and grab one local. Be ready to bolt from your house when it says one is in stock. That's how I got mine.

Tried that at a couple places but they were all false positives. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

Oh hey thread. It's been a couple days.

Lemme juuuuust adjust the mic aaaand...

YO WHERE THE gently caress STARDEW AT

Thank you for your time.

you people are still expecting chucklefish to deliver this at a reasonable date? This poo poo's either coming at the festive season or the middle of next year, maybe later.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bill Barber posted:

$10 is the upper limit I'd pay for it. It's great and fun but incredibly shallow and short.

I thought :10bux: also, but it's on sale for $11 and I figured I wouldn't deprive myself for a single dollar so I pulled the trigger. Haven't played it yet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

Because some time, in the next decade, they will release the virtual console. Then you can play games with that nes pad they released, or the new super Nintendo pad.

But wouldn't they want to do a new wireless NES or SNES controller, instead of some jerry-rigged solution to let you use an old wired controller they don't make anymore?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Why has Nintendo not sold some adapter where it has a rail for attaching a joycon and the wiimote port so you can plug in Wii controllers?

The Wii U died hard enough to take all Wii-branding and association with it. Use an 8bitdo pad, they're good

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Bill Barber posted:

$10 is the upper limit I'd pay for it. It's great and fun but incredibly shallow and short.

The novelty of Snake Pass is its best feature, and the music's fun too. The pace of the game is slow and chill. I really liked this one

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Guy Goodbody posted:

But wouldn't they want to do a new wireless NES or SNES controller, instead of some jerry-rigged solution to let you use an old wired controller they don't make anymore?

They aren't making that SNES controller that hasn't been released anymore?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

They aren't making that SNES controller that hasn't been released anymore?

they don't make the NES pad anymore, and they'll only make the SNES pad for ten minutes

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty curious what's going on with the new sness pads since the sness mini appears to have OG connectors but Nintendo's product page says the console is compatible with wii classic controllers

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Manky posted:

I'm pretty curious what's going on with the new sness pads since the sness mini appears to have OG connectors but Nintendo's product page says the console is compatible with wii classic controllers
It's a false front that flaps down to reveal the classic Wii connection ports.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bill Barber posted:

It's a false front that flaps down to reveal the classic Wii connection ports.

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

SNES Mini now sold out in Australia :laffo:

:wrong:

JB Hi-FI's still taking preorders.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Finally ordered a pro controller from Amazon. Waited until my credit card cash back gave me an amazon gift card cause holy gently caress with taxes it's CAD $101.65 :canada:

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Use istocknow.com and grab one local. Be ready to bolt from your house when it says one is in stock. That's how I got mine.

Thanks, managed to snag one in the knick of time from a Walmart!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kulkasha posted:

edit: doh nm

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 28, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kulkasha posted:

Yeah, folks if you want one, istocknow.com is very accurate, at least in my experience. You have to be ready to act though. When I saw two pop up at a local Walmart, I called quick to confirm they did have two, then left to get it. By the time I got there one was already gone and the other one I bought.

If you live in or near a large city and you're ready to act, you can get a switch pretty quick with that site.

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tayter Swift posted:

Amazon has not had any Switches in stock themselves in about six weeks now. What the hey guys, make a queue system already.

I had one in my cart on Amazon last week and they increased the price to $410 so I decided to get one from Gamestop instead. Total bullshit

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

That was the cheapest price that someone (i.e. the dreaded scalper) was pricing it at, not Amazon increasing the price

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe there are still people who don't know the difference between Amazon and Amazon sellers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't believe there are still people who don't know the difference between Amazon and Amazon sellers.

It's not always super obvious that it is a third party seller. Especially if it's fulfilled by amazon and it says Prime on it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A GameStop at a local mall had 4 Switches in stock and no one running to grab them.
I walked out smug because I already have one, HEH

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The crazy thing is when I checked even the scalpers are "in stock July 2." Like the damned scalpers know when they're getting a shipment in and Amazon is still all :shrug: about when their own drat warehouse will get them in.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd wager they turn a blind eye because they get more playing middleman than they do as a first-party seller. If I were a conspiracy theorist.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Inzombiac posted:

A GameStop at a local mall had 4 Switches in stock and no one running to grab them.
I walked out smug because I already have one, HEH

Yeah I walked by a neon at Target the other day. Walked out smug because I couldn't afford it :).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon.ca is literally nothing but resellers/third parties; it's pure garbage.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

It’s those goddamn scalpers and definitely no one else

I don't understand all of the scalper deniers in this thread. They definitely exist and they don't need a logical reason to keep on doing their thing once they latch onto it.

poo poo, my local Walmart has a couple of different guys that to this day head in and buy several thousand rounds of ammo every single week because they want to resell it when Obama takes the guns away. Now extend that same kind of mental illness to an item where you only have to buy 3-5 of them to gently caress over everyone else in town.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mister Facetious posted:

Amazon.ca is literally nothing but resellers/third parties; it's pure garbage.
What's the address for amazon.ca?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What's the address for amazon.ca?

amazon dot C A

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is that the Californian Amazon?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What up my fellow Switchpals?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch Megathread - Get up, come on get down with the SNES NES

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I always called it "oh the one that doesn't have sonic on it".

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I never owned a Snezz. I'd like to though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The worst mod

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

It was a rad machine. The pinnacle of the pre-Playsation era. Nintendo at the height of their power.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Well now you'll get a chance to in a few months, assuming you haven't preordered one already :yayclod:.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

The worst mod

:getin: This is my heel turn!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well now you'll get a chance to in a few months, assuming you haven't preordered one already :yayclod:.

I've no idea where to preorder in the UK.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It was a rad machine. The pinnacle of the pre-Playsation era. Nintendo at the height of their power.

Those games look like a heck of a lot of fun!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Those games look like a heck of a lot of fun!

Sure, but no Doom or Metal Marines. Bit of a bummer.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I call it a Snezz but I had a Mega Drive instead of one of those crappy things so whatever.

Real Nintendo fans call it a Super Famicom anyway.

e: Thank you, VideoGames. :hfive:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jun 28, 2017

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Anyone who called it anything other than the S.N.E.S is a hoodie wearing lunch money stealing shitposter who probably played Donkey Kong in Smash 64 and spammed grab suicides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It is NOT Snezz

• Locked thread