Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, I mean these people also appeared in Community: Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul), John Goodman (everything), John Oliver (Last Week Tonight), Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley, The Big Sick), Vince Gilligan (Better Call Saul), Tony Hale (Veep, Arrested Development Season 5), Jack Black (Jumanji), but I only Jonathan Banks can you actually consider primary cast...

Brie Larson won an Oscar too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

phosdex posted:

Brie Larson won an Oscar too.

Gervasius posted:

(I know, she was just in two or three episodes, but it counts :v:).

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

oh duh I wasn't paying attention to the pic

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Joel McHale's new show may suck, but knowing CBS's track record, there's a decent chance he'll have work for at least the next ten years, and he might even win an Emmy or two.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol, about that...

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Arist posted:

lol, about that...

*googles*

Well, poo poo.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Now I'll never know if Clark marries Emma.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

They should pitch it to Yahoo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kuiperdolin posted:

They should pitch it to Yahoo.

Yahoo Screen home of Community Season 6, Other Space, and that bad basketball show. Good luck trying to find any of this content if you aren't a diehard Community fan.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I don't remember these from the DVDs. Were they in there somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rFlt_ICEU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

pwn posted:

I don't remember these from the DVDs. Were they in there somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rFlt_ICEU

These were from season 1/2 on the NBC website I think. I knew the S1 DVD had the 1 minute webisodes on a disk.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

I just discovered another thing, remember this guy?

He was the Inspector Spacetime fan, the Doctor Who parody. That actor really is a regular cast member on Doctor Who now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yes, I remember Matt "Literally the most recognisable British comedian" Lucas

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

He has zero US presence, so when I saw him on Doctor Who I was like "Hey it's the guy from community".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hedrigall posted:

:confused:

I would recognize Stewart Lee way before him. And the one who dresses up like a lady. And Frankie Boyle (he's got a giant beard now, right?). And David Mitchell -- does he count? I don't actually have any idea who Matt Lucas is. :shrug:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

I know who Russell Brand is, but only because of HP Touchpad commercials.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I know who Russell Brand is, but only because of HP Touchpad commercials.

Oh, I know who he is, too. He seems like a pretty good guy, and gets poo poo for being political and thoughtful because he used to be a partying lunatic.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

prefect posted:

:confused:

I would recognize Stewart Lee way before him. And the one who dresses up like a lady. And Frankie Boyle (he's got a giant beard now, right?). And David Mitchell -- does he count? I don't actually have any idea who Matt Lucas is. :shrug:

David Mitchell I know from Mitchell and Webb, Matt Lucas I know from Little Britain, never heard of anyone else being mentioned.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sefer posted:

David Mitchell I know from Mitchell and Webb, Matt Lucas I know from Little Britain, never heard of anyone else being mentioned.

Stewart Lee is pretty awesome. Everybody should check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99s19HBs-6A

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I figured that was him. I got more than enough of him in that one episode of community, so I can't say he sells picking up doctor who again forme. Maybe he's less of a twat in DW, but I can't be sure without watching, which, nah.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
That's the second-best thing to come out of the whole Inspector Spacetime debacle after the actor who played him burning all his bridges trying to kickstart his own Inspector Spacetime webshow.

prefect posted:

Stewart Lee is pretty awesome. Everybody should check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99s19HBs-6A

Huh, judging by his current appearance I thought he must have alopecia because who would willingly shave their eyebrows off.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That Community auction owns, since I'm the same size as Britta and they dressed her in Rag & Bone. If those prices stay down I'ma get those sweaters.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Pick posted:

That Community auction owns, since I'm the same size as Britta and they dressed her in Rag & Bone. If those prices stay down I'ma get those sweaters.

This is the most unexpected twist.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I just realized that one of the security guards from S3 is Marco on Better Call Saul. Cool!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

He was also great in Running Wilde, while it lasted.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I like that guy! He's a big cuddly teddybear :3:

I think he was on Ugly Betty too.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
He's also on Last Man on Earth where he is also a loveable teddy bear.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

hamsystem posted:

He's also on Last Man on Earth where he is also a loveable teddy bear.

He is one of many, many talented people wasted on that show. The fact that they ruined his wonderful mustache just adds insult to injury.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Guy Mann posted:

He is one of many, many talented people wasted on that show. The fact that they ruined his wonderful mustache just adds insult to injury.

That show. I got to the point of hate-watching it.

It's one of the few shows where it's at its best either with ONLY the main character or without the main character entirely. Forte's interactions with people make that show impossible to watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And 'Enlisted' which was way too good for it's timeslot. I'm glad Mel Rodriguez seems to constantly have work, he's always good in everything I see him in.

Spacebump posted:

Yahoo Screen home of Community Season 6, Other Space, and that bad basketball show. Good luck trying to find any of this content if you aren't a diehard Community fan.

I really should add these shows to my cloud backup so I never lose them. Although aren't they trying (succeeded?) to get some more life for Other Space? That show was supergood.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

hanales posted:

He has zero US presence, so when I saw him on Doctor Who I was like "Hey it's the guy from community".

Oh come on... Krog Mondoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire? (I'm not even checking if I spelled that correctly.) He'll always be the 'Better Nick Frost' from Shaun of the Dead to me though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

hanales posted:

Little Britain had a run on HBO less than a decade ago.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Hughlander posted:

Oh come on... Krog Mondoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire? (I'm not even checking if I spelled that correctly.) He'll always be the 'Better Nick Frost' from Shaun of the Dead to me though.

I've never heard of that show but I'll look it up because it sounds funny.

thexerox123 posted:

Little Britain had a run on HBO less than a decade ago.

So I looked this up, it was like 6 episodes and was cancelled before the second season. We're not talking massive crossover success or anything. I don't think it's super controversial to say that not much British TV makes it over here.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

hanales posted:

It's... very not.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pick posted:

Do they post sizes? I like Jeff's stuff but I think he's too big for me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That Krog Mandoon show was such a gigantic piece of poo poo

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Matt Lucas will always be George Dawes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-WEIVIbcQw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hanales posted:

So I looked this up, it was like 6 episodes and was cancelled before the second season. We're not talking massive crossover success or anything. I don't think it's super controversial to say that not much British TV makes it over here.

Adaptations or otherwise. Iirc, there was an attempt at making a US version of QI that never went anywhere besides John Hodgeman making a guest appearance in a QI episode.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Adaptations or otherwise. Iirc, there was an attempt at making a US version of QI that never went anywhere besides John Hodgeman making a guest appearance in a QI episode.

Yeah exactly. There are a few, house of cards recently obviously. Sanford and Son back in the day, but most people who watch that stuff are generally not aware of the roots or influences.

Now I want to know if there's a British Community I would enjoy.

Didn't McHale do an IT Crowd US reboot that didn't go anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

hanales posted:

Didn't McHale do an IT Crowd US reboot that didn't go anywhere?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmjpk4_the-it-crowd-us-pilot_fun

It was so loving horrible.

• Locked thread