Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Agrajag posted:

nobody and i mean nobody gives a gently caress about that south america country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
taxation is slavery

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Baloogan posted:

costume is important for command and control

yall realize that the US / western world is p much the peak in terms of military proess, and yall grew up playing death dealing videogames in part because military is an integral part of our society!

blue hat ain't ~bad~

There is a reason they dropped that poo poo ASAP after WWI started and all of the officers were super easy to kill

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Tick tick tick

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Very youth pastor-ish. "Let's rap about Canada"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

frack u

The Glumslinger posted:

There is a reason they dropped that poo poo ASAP after WWI started and all of the officers were super easy to kill

revolutionary war

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
please contribute to my gofund me for my new feature length film

rear end slaves to the state of arkansas

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hillary 2020 posted:

Very youth pastor-ish. "Let's rap about Canada"

trudeau is the Cool YOuth Pastor of centrism

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

C-Euro posted:

Yo just FYI a lot of the flavoring compounds used in vape juice are not well-understood when it comes to inhaling them as opposed to ingesting them. Fruit flavors in particular, the chemical that causes popcorn lung is used in a lot of fruity flavors because it has a buttery or creamy texture associated with it, and because it's perfectly safe to eat (just not to breathe over long periods of time).

I used to work in flavor chemistry, and actually just last week heard a research talk by a professor whose lab is studying connections between vaping and osteoperosis later in life. But a lot of the science and regulatory work surrounding vaping is not well-established right now so maybe cool it on the flavored stuff.

:rip: Grover Norquist, dead from raspberry vape lung

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

consumed by normies posted:

just blow him arleady

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Baloogan posted:

also lol if you think our blessed president can find it on a map. or know about it if there weren't hot models from there

Say
This sounds awfully derisive of our bless ed president

:thunk:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
millions in superpac money gone trying to entice eminem to write 'vape god'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Say
This sounds awfully derisive of our bless ed president

:thunk:

hes a human being

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

there is a worlwide oil glut buddo

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Baloogan posted:

people wear funny hats and bright colors to prevent friendly fire

Chill insurgent lady should probably wear a blue scarf instead of a blue hat if she wants to keep that dome in one piece

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

until you realize that even the conservatives in canada are more liberal than the democrats in america

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

until you realize that even the conservatives in canada are more liberal than the democrats

the conservatives up there are more left on things than the democrats in the states

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

skaboomizzy posted:

:rip: Grover Norquist, dead from raspberry vape lung

:eng101: Strawberry was the example I was given but I'd be willing to bet raspberry has it too!

Basically you have all of these flavoring compounds where you determined the toxicity of its predicted route of exposure (ingestion) and now you have people huffing them in droves and you have no idea how dangerous (if at all) huffing them is. Anticipated route of exposure is extremely important in toxicology! We wouldn't have the plot of Batman Begins without it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

who else is excited to be drafted and die in the Venezuelan War

ooh ooh pick me pick me

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ed.balls.txt

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

the conservatives up there are more left on things than the democrats in the states

this is something that i did some research on in undergrad and grad school
terms like left and right, conservative and liberal get thrown around like they have very solid and well-defined meanings and associations when that is false
the most obvious example i can think of to give is gun rights advocacy in texas: the state is so far right on that issue that it's a non-issue, and no viable candidate is anti-guns
so you have democrats in dallas that are more conservative on that and other issues than are republicans in say chicago or minneapolis, even though both are midwest regional
and this effect of goalposts being all over the place is even more pronounced once you get outside of the us, of course
like i remember reading interview articles in which foreign celebrities are just baffled that things which are non-issues in their home countries are actually politicized here, etc.
shits hosed yo

i'll have a small fries and chocolate frosty

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Rearrange that chart by cost per barrel to refine and you might have something.

Venezuela is hosed because fraking destroyed their one single export's relative value. If they were sitting on a shitton of Saudi sweet crude, they'd be in a different boat.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Addamere posted:

the most obvious example i can think of to give is gun rights advocacy in texas: the state is so far right on that issue that it's a non-issue, and no viable candidate is anti-guns

you also end up with weird poo poo like how vermont's conceal carry laws are far more "conservative" than conceal carry in texas lol

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

hes a human being

and also the chaos god, whom you will worship for eternity

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

C-Euro posted:

Yo just FYI a lot of the flavoring compounds used in vape juice are not well-understood when it comes to inhaling them as opposed to ingesting them. Fruit flavors in particular, the chemical that causes popcorn lung is used in a lot of fruity flavors because it has a buttery or creamy texture associated with it, and because it's perfectly safe to eat (just not to breathe over long periods of time).

I used to work in flavor chemistry, and actually just last week heard a research talk by a professor whose lab is studying connections between vaping and osteoperosis later in life. But a lot of the science and regulatory work surrounding vaping is not well-established right now so maybe cool it on the flavored stuff.

The better thing is how the kids tricking out their coils and poo poo for massive clouds of ITS ACTUALLY NOT BONG SMOKE MOM GOSH ITS E JUICE are cooking their glycols into goddamn formaldehyde as they inhale that poo poo lmao

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

TRUMP! considering China sanctions, say officials.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Addamere posted:

this is something that i did some research on in undergrad and grad school
terms like left and right, conservative and liberal get thrown around like they have very solid and well-defined meanings and associations when that is false
so you have democrats in dallas that are more conservative on that and other issues than are republicans in say chicago or minneapolis, even though both are midwest regional
and this effect of goalposts being all over the place is even more pronounced once you get outside of the us, of course
like i remember reading interview articles in which foreign celebrities are just baffled that things which are non-issues in their home countries are actually politicized here, etc.
shits hosed yo

i'll have a small fries and chocolate frosty

thank you for your business here at chick- fil-a

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

you also end up with weird poo poo like how vermont's conceal carry laws are far more "conservative" than conceal carry in texas lol

yeah, like guns are a great example of an issue where you can argue that conservative and liberal are bad labels to use because the most liberal as gently caress thing for the government position to be on the issue is idk man do whatever which is vermont but for the most part 'conservative' ideology has guns guns guns at least for white people

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Addamere posted:

yeah, like guns are a great example of an issue where you can argue that conservative and liberal are bad labels to use because the most liberal as gently caress thing for the government position to be on the issue is idk man do whatever which is vermont but for the most part 'conservative' ideology has guns guns guns only for white people

they recently shot a man for legally owning a gun

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

it'd be easier to roll over canada tbh

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
a deer is eating bushes on my front porch lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/jebbush/status/699706718419345408?lang=en

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tithin posted:

Attention CHUDmart shoppers

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

a deer is eating bushes on my front porch lol

tell that moocher to stop being a worthless millennial and go get a job

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is Trudeau actually good? All of the coverage about him seems to be about how dreamy he is, as opposed to his policies or achievements.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is Trudeau actually good? All of the coverage about him seems to be about how dreamy he is, as opposed to his policies or achievements.

no

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

how did we not elect this man

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

ah yes we havent had a diplomatic crisis for a bit

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TwoStepBoog posted:

I can't get over Mnuchin's face.
It's like his eyes, nose, and mouth are all too big

His face is still better proportioned than Trump & Pence's suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

policy promise: will eye gently caress you without making you feel dirty (unless you like that)
accomplishments: has eye hosed millions of canadians and thousands of americans

• Locked thread