Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Endorph posted:

i think there were also a lot of dumbasses

on something awful? the internet? the planet? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
tales of berseria is good though

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I too still vividly remember the details of and am bitter about an argument about sexism in video games that happened before Mitt Romney ran for president to the point where I am having shower arguments about it right now in this thread.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

I too still vividly remember the details of and am bitter about an argument about sexism in video games that happened before Mitt Romney ran for president to the point where I am having shower arguments about it right now in this thread.

not really vividly remember just one random snippet of conversation but okay

corn in the bible posted:

it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Devil May Cry kicks rear end. The spider boss at the beginning was pwning me ruthlessly forlike 45 minutes straight but then once something clicked (and also I found out what devil trigger was) ive been flying through the rest of it. the minute to minute encounters arent terribly taxing but that looming threat of the Limited Yellow Orbs makes everything extremely tense

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

like i'll probably continue playing VR because i kind of still like it and i like the characters, but drat they sure had no fuckin money did they

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Devil May Cry kicks rear end. The spider boss at the beginning was pwning me ruthlessly forlike 45 minutes straight but then once something clicked (and also I found out what devil trigger was) ive been flying through the rest of it. the minute to minute encounters arent terribly taxing but that looming threat of the Limited Yellow Orbs makes everything extremely tense

DMC1 and 3 need to come out on ps4 badly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

DMC1 and 3 need to come out on ps4 badly.

I would probably buy them again. Im currently playing on ps2. DMC4 is on PS4, right? Is that version good? Ill wanna check it out after I finish 1 and 3.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I would probably buy them again. Im currently playing on ps2. DMC4 is on PS4, right? Is that version good? Ill wanna check it out after I finish 1 and 3.

it's a port of the best version available, but it is still a port of dmc4...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

DMC4 special edition is good and the additional characters are cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's a port of the best version available, but it is still a port of dmc4...

I thought people generally like dmc4?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I haven't beat it yet, but I didn't have any problems with it. it has a ton of content. I recommend it.

2 is quite bad, but it's notable for introducing the Equilibrium-style shooting guns in multiple directions at once that 3 then include in one of the styles.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I thought people generally like dmc4?

DMC4 is great. Yea everyone harps on the repeated levels later on, which is a fair complaint, but the combat is the best of the bunch.

Also people seem to conveniently forget all the poo poo levels in DMC3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

DMC4 is great. Yea everyone harps on the repeated levels later on, which is a fair complaint, but the combat is the best of the bunch.

Also people seem to conveniently forget all the poo poo levels in DMC3

no level in dmc3 is as bad as the board game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

taint reaped again

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

no level in dmc3 is as bad as the board game

If you figure out the trick, it's real simple.

Number you want is on top? Ok hit dice.

I'll take that over some of the later DMC3 platforming any day.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

okay this has probably already been talked about but i just want to say that whoever is responsible for :great: and :oh: is extremely cool (unless they aren't)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

How long until these become emotes

So I guess the answer to my question was 'less than a week'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

DMC 4 special edition is one of the few Capcom ports where they actually put in more than the barest minimum of effort and added Vergil, Lady and Trish as playable characters.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

So I guess the answer to my question was 'less than a week'.

Gureeto daze

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

When does it pick up, I played like the first 20 or so minutes of it this afternoon and wasn't terribly impressed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

When does it pick up, I played like the first 20 or so minutes of it this afternoon and wasn't terribly impressed.

You should be near the end of the opening sequence. The beginning village section doesn't last too long.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

My favorite thing about that video is that each horse girl is a different barebones anime stereotype and there's like 30 of them crammed into it
this is kemono friends in a nutshell but i liked it anyway

i also have the kemono friends shirt that says "oh, i see! you're the kind of animal that is a neet!" it's great

raditts posted:

the starting village is super slow, but you get thrown into action pretty quickly. 20 minutes is like the entirety of the lovely busy work you get up to in aball.

berseria is a good game but due to the nature of its map (every area is interconnected, except landmasses which you fast travel between by ship), getting places can take kind of a while. you'll find items that let you warp between towns that you've already been to, but it has this problem where if your destination has a story event at it, you usually can't warp to the town and just have to deal with hoofing it.

you end up walking between areas a lot, and the field zones with monsters are pretty big (and you're also required to follow one or two red herring plot points), so the game seems really slow sometimes. if the areas between cities were half the size and maybe had a 25% reduction in enemy density, the story would feel a lot tighter.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 28, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

after the village gets blown the gently caress up, which is about an hour in I guess?

i'd label it spoilers but it's a Peaceful Village in a jrpg, of course it's gonna get destroyed

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Remember that time Penny Arcade tried to make an episodic work of fiction based on a steampunk version of the 1920s full of robots? You know, the one that somehow managed to rope in a relatively experienced and beloved genre fixture yet still bombed and was effectively cancelled after two episodes?

Well, it's happening again. In TV form.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It got kickstarted for reasons known only to the beasts that dwell below these webways.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

My favorite thing about that video is that each horse girl is a different barebones anime stereotype and there's like 30 of them crammed into it

I know

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know!!!!

I have no reason to like this anime, I have absolutely no reason to like it at all, and I hated it at first, but now I keep coming back to it and I'm like aw dammit I need to see these fuckers do some poo poo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You can just say you like it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there is also an anime about a centaur girl that wears pants and a suit

that's pretty much all i know about it and the only thing i can think about is horse pants

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Centaurs Life manga is genuinely good so hopefully the anime will be too, it's basically what happens if you cross a typical slice of life show with monster girls plus every conspiracy theory ever and also Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The 70's one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also those are some horny loving centaurs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wonder what the centaurs are worried about? its loving

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh not that I remember but okay

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

Remember that time Penny Arcade tried to make an episodic work of fiction based on a steampunk version of the 1920s full of robots? You know, the one that somehow managed to rope in a relatively experienced and beloved genre fixture yet still bombed and was effectively cancelled after two episodes?

Well, it's happening again. In TV form.

That is fuckin bizarre. I really liked the comic incarnation of this, but uh... the aesthetic of the robots doesn't make sense at all in live action? "Oh the people are real but the robot are live action cartoon robots" what?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

You can just say you like it.

honestly i was a little disappointed that they don't carry jockeys on piggyback, like one of those weird cgi digital horse betting games

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Anthropomorphizing horses as anime girls almost seems quaint after the game systems and battleships from anime past.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's so weird. I don't actually have anything against it, and I like the idea of horse-people training montages, and also that since they are both horses AND girls, they have other hobbies and sports like ice skating.

I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but I really appreciate how no premise is too loving weird to be explored in an anime/manga. A lot of times it just turns out dumb, but sometimes you get crazy unique stuff like One Punch Man or Madoka Magica.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bloodychill posted:

Anthropomorphizing horses as anime girls almost seems quaint after the game systems and battleships from anime past.

do you know touken ranbu? it's this except dudes and katanas, except the raiper, who is a dainty blonde femboy in an old-school british naval uniform

Snak posted:

I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but I really appreciate how no premise is too loving weird to be explored in an anime/manga. A lot of times it just turns out dumb, but sometimes you get crazy unique stuff like One Punch Man or Madoka Magica.

seriously go watch kemono friends. it's fairly empty-headed and riddled with cliches, but it's strangely compelling. also it's only like 12 episodes

and you get to hear a japanese zookeeper talk about how bears and humans have this unfortunate negative feedback loop relationship where the way our animal brains react to bears makes the bear scared, which makes us more scared, which makes them more scared, until we throw blows and someone dies

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 28, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snak posted:

It's so weird. I don't actually have anything against it, and I like the idea of horse-people training montages, and also that since they are both horses AND girls, they have other hobbies and sports like ice skating.

My friend, have you heard the Good News of Symphogear?

Also Big O.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I said I watched some anime on the internet, what have I done!?!??!!!!!!!

• Locked thread