Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Criminal Minded posted:

Chris Paul setting a pick by nut-punching and Harden rolling for a completely manufactured and-one
im ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The SUPERTEAM era rules

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

but seriously i think its probably like a 20% chance at best long shot and still have no earthly idea if it would actually work on the court but gently caress it the team as constructed isn't getting through Golden State, might as well try to put together some monstrosity that will at minimum be entertaining and maybe somehow works. All I'm saying is yolo Morey, yolo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
:siren: PROSPECT NAME TOOL ALERT
http://247sports.com/Player/Anfernee-Simons-89839

Call me Anfernee
Cause I do things the harder-way
Escalade, Marmalade, Momma stay
-- Cam'ron

Simi Shittu
Jahvon Quinerly
Armando "Bomba" Bacot
Nazreon Reid

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

This super dorky Twitter thread has me amped for the season to start

https://twitter.com/nick_sciria/status/878303756525469700

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

:siren: PROSPECT NAME TOOL ALERT
http://247sports.com/Player/Anfernee-Simons-89839

Call me Anfernee
Cause I do things the harder-way
Escalade, Marmalade, Momma stay
-- Cam'ron

Simi Shittu
Jahvon Quinerly
Armando "Bomba" Bacot
Nazreon Reid

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
CP3 and Harden on one team will bring on a change to free throw rules faster than any hack a shaq

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Doltos posted:

CP3 and Harden on one team will bring on a change to free throw rules faster than any hack a shaq

the meltdowns would be really freakin great

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/879924451298738176

:allears:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Spoeank posted:

Escrow closes on my Carmichael house next Wednesday and I get to leave the Bay Area on the 15th :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll pray for you

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Looks like the Rockets won't be going to the conference finals.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:suspense:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wait didn't Dolan literally just pick up the mutual option?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

lmao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:rock:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/13/report-new-york-knicks-pick-phil-jackson-option-next-2-years

:laffo: loving April.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What's Dolan going to do after he fires Phil and the Knicks are still a tire fire a year later?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

predicto posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll pray for you

Yeah I'm tired of lighting $3k a month on fire.

I'm going to pay 2/3 of that and have twice the space. I think I'll survive.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The first time in years that James Dolan hints at messing with the team occurs directly after he had a gig ruined by someone repeatedly asking him about what Phil's doing re: KP and the draft

Coincidence? No

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope when they fire Phill they say it was because he just couldn't run the triangle.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I want this to end with Phil running the Bulls somehow

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Spoeank posted:

The commute is brutal to the Bay

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

morestuff posted:

Six of one half dozen of the other.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

honestly, i'd take it over garpax, mustache phil triangled the poo poo out of everything here

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Chris Paul and James Harden is a loving goofy pairing, they both effectively play the same position (ball in hands all the time running pick and roll). I mean it would definitely prevent Harden from getting exhausted at the end of games which seemed to be a real problem but I dont see it bringing them to Golden State's level

How would Houston even clear the space for him? Trade Eric Gordon for effectively nothing somehow?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Spoeank posted:

Escrow closes on my Carmichael house next Wednesday and I get to leave the Bay Area on the 15th :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Haha you're going from bay area to Carmichael dude..
Owing a home is neat but I hope you're ready to never leave it
There is nothing to do up here unless you're a cyclist

Uhh welcome tho

Plz don't tell me youre commuting from sac to the Bay tho. Literally every one of those people are scum

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 28, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

Jerry West scoring the 9th highest in the pre-three point era is seriously impressive.

Obviously Durant destroying everyone else in only a five game series is nuts.

Yea, shooting like that in 1966 is off the charts especially against the Celtics defense which was the best for a whole decade.

Celtics almost blew the 1966 finals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV7vHBT2qAQ

Time posted:

hakeem had him scared of his shadow

Dejan Bimble posted:

I listened to New York calls of those games as a very young child who just got his own clock radio, I remember pacing back and forth and hoping to God that the knicks would keep winning and I remember the angst and misery of the New York callers after they blew it

If Ewing had shot just a little better NYK would've won probably.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Spoeank posted:

congrats dude, I went from the bay to Nashville and it was an extremely good choice

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

morestuff posted:

The one time Bulls front office alienating everyone it comes in contact with paying off.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Would a team that's roster was the worst starter from each championship team from the last 12 years make the playoffs in the East? Assume that player is as good as they were when they won the Finals.

I'd like to think it was possible but not guaranteed.

Tae posted:

If JJ Barea can win a championship as a starter, anyone can

If Mario Chalmers as a starter can win two championships, anyone can

It was a different time. In the short-term it's about facing off against probably the GTOAT. I don't like the 2011 Mavericks, 2012 or 2013 Heat against the 2017-20?? Warriors.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Probably don't know what I'm talking about but id be curious what MCW could do as a backup under Carlisle

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol Jimmy D with the great timing as always

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spoeank posted:

You'll have these savings for ~ 6-12 months because everyone is doing this. Sacramento property values are going through the roof in the last month or two.

The Crash is going to be beautiful :bravo2:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Maybe he'll write a song about it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

E2M2 posted:

The commute is brutal to the Bay

It's okay y'all

I transferred within my company and my wife is working remotely now. My commute is 5 minutes and I'm keeping my Bay Area premium pay.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
why would you bother to fire phil directly following the draft and right before free agency

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Spoeank posted:

yeah, it's a raw deal for young people around here

I'm an old bastard who bought a nice old house on a hill in the middle of San Francisco a couple of decades ago when it was still possible to do so. My mortgage is cheap and thanks to Prop 13 I don't pay squat for property taxes.

The deck is unfairly stacked in my favor, and I know it.

good luck in your new place

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

why would you bother to fire phil directly following the draft and right before free agency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqqhWh5lvCw

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

corn on the cop posted:

Even funnier when you consider this.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/23/15860116/james-dolan-concert-nba-draft-knicks-owner
“Tonight we’re doing a bunch [of songs] that we haven’t done at all before,” Dolan told me, around the same time the Sixers used their first pick to draft Markelle Fultz. “So I’m very curious to see what the audience reaction is.”

“Nice,” I said. “Are you keeping an eye on the draft?”

“Nope,” he said.

“Nope?” I asked.

“Nope,” he said.

“Do you think you guys are going to trade Porzingis?” I asked. Rumors had been swirling that manager Phil Jackson was entertaining offers for forward Kristaps Porzingis, the best thing to happen to the franchise in years.

“Nope. I don’t know, you know what, if this tells you anything,” Dolan said, gesturing to the room. “Right? Right. It tells you how uninvolved I am with the basketball team.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Probably not exciting as "CHRIS PAUL THINKS ABOUT THINGS" but word for the Pels is that it seems more likely Jrue would sign with the team but the Pels might have to try to bring in Justin Holiday to seal the deal.

So, Knicks fans, I never watch your apparently misery inducing team. How much do you think Justin Holiday is worth, contract wise? Because I'm really dreading blowing our 8.3mil exception on him as like a tagalong price to signing Jrue when we seriously need shooting and passing on the wings. If he's only commanding 3 mil on the market then we have two smaller exceptions that could fill that out, which is what I'm hoping is the end result here.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread