Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Looking forward to next Abridged episode when 16's heartfelt message to Gohan is about how he needs to kill Son Goku

Well, Cell IS 12% Goku. These parameters are acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

DO IT FOR THE BIRDS GOHAN. LET YOUR RAGE FLY. LIKE A BIRD.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm still convinced that, while Gohan's on the initial flipping out upswing of the transformation, it's gonna show a montage of every time Goku ever left :v:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

For sure. I hope a dodge joke gets worked in there somewhere too when he's murdering the baby cells

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm still convinced that, while Gohan's on the initial flipping out upswing of the transformation, it's gonna show a montage of every time Goku ever left :v:

Can't wait for Goku to sacrifice himself to stop Cell exploding.

"Byyyyye sooooooon."

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

My girlfriend told me that she had to give a third grader in her class crap for watching DBZ during class.

Guess DBZ may become a multi generational thing in north america as well.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

My girlfriend told me that she had to give a third grader in her class crap for watching DBZ during class.

My 7 year old nephew loves Dragonball Z. We watch Super together and I read the subtitles for him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Monaghan posted:

why the hell did she stop him

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He was watching it in class.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

My 10 year old sister(I'm like 20 years older than her) watched DBZ Kai with me up through the Androids stuff and loved it. She likes that people die and villains get permanently defeated, since cartoons she watches don't usually let that happen. Frieza is her favorite character and she dug RoF when we saw it in a theater together

Need to finish the series with her now that Buu Kai stuff is finally out. She's hype for seeing some fusions because she loves Steven Universe.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

TFRazorsaw posted:

He was watching it in class.

what could you possibly learn in 3rd grade more important that the rich lessons of dragonball z.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Math.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how else will you partake in power level discussions

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

how else will you partake in power level discussions

"If Goku's power level was over 9000 at the start of the fight, what would it be after using kaioken x4? Remember to show your work."

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

"If Goku's power level was over 9000 at the start of the fight, what would it be after using kaioken x4? Remember to show your work."

"Less than Broly's"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rhonne posted:

still over 9000, technically.
we were never clear on how far over 9000 it was in the first place

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am willing to bet tremendous money you could get a bunch of boys and girls HELLA into maths if you structured the entire class and lessons around nothing but Dragon Ball fights and math tournaments

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Augus posted:

Well it seems safe to say between 9000 and 9999, otherwise Vegeta would have said it was over 10,000.
:goonsay:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

"Majin Buu has absorbed Piccolo and Vegito, leaving only Gohan to defend the Earth. Buu, gathering his power as he laughs (since he's fighting Gohan), begins to aim a Kamehamecannon right at Gohan's big exposed forehead. Seriously, that haircut. Among the calculations, help Buu defeat Gohan by first tracking the velocity necessary for the blast to hit him. Find the value of x for the velocity and height angle so Gohan can job once again."

"Next lesson will be calculating the time left per fusion based on factors of power used and stunts pulled to waste precious seconds."

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Arrgytehpirate posted:

For sure. I hope a dodge joke gets worked in there somewhere too when he's murdering the baby cells

I think I'm looking forward more to the eventual dodge Gohan finally pulls off than I am the SSJ2 transformation.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Augus posted:

Technically, at the very least it'd be over 36,000 after the x4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't really watch DBZ back in the day and only started watching it because my kid (4yo at the time) saw an episode somewhere and decided he needed more Krillin. but he can't stomach the pacing of the show so he mostly just watches Krillin blow up saibamen over and over.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Some day someone is going do to their doctorate thesis on determining the exact power levels of each dragon ball character in each saga.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Hit is going to get owned so hard he'll spontaneously turn into Yamcha.

So that's how Yamcha is going to get into the tournament.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Dying and becoming Yamcha is a known phenomenon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

someone's special attack makes two random people switch places. hit and yamcha swap out

when they all return, it turns out puar left with hit for u6, leaving yamcha totally alone

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
There is a decent lesson in ratios and conversion in figuring out exactly how many aired episodes of Dragon ball minutes compose a single story minute during Frieza's six minute countdown.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I can't believe there's someone in this thread seriously suggesting that math is more important than Dragon Ball.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

There is a decent lesson in ratios and conversion in figuring out exactly how many aired episodes of Dragon ball minutes compose a single story minute during Frieza's six minute countdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCdADaAvsk0

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I bet Toryiama's biggest regret is having him say 5 minutes.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RBX posted:

I bet Toryiama's biggest regret is having him say 5 minutes.

it's not like that issue crops up when reading the manga, the thing that toriyama most directly worked on

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus, this still feels way longer than five minutes.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kild posted:

Also no one should know about it except Goku.

Godtube.

Monaghan posted:

Some day someone is going do to their doctorate thesis on determining the exact power levels of each dragon ball character in each saga.

Someone did a thesis on Saint Seiya

I'd be surprised if a DBZ thesis doesn't exist.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I know the joke wouldn't work as well but I always read the "two more minutes" line as being an indicator that they actually fought for seven minutes.

:goonsay:

Not that I remembered that before rewatching...

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean it's not like there was a timer counting down or anything. I always interpreted that line as Freeza just trying to rattle Goku.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I mean it's not like there was a timer counting down or anything. I always interpreted that line as Freeza just trying to rattle Goku.

I like the TFS interpretation that Freeza just hosed up and grossly miscalculated how long it would take for Namek to blow up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

When I was a kid I thought Goku and Frieza were just SO FAST that in reality it only was just five minutes, but that it had to be slowed down just for us mere mortals to even comprehend it.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Hit was on Namek and he used his time powers to dilate that 5 minutes into 2 hours.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Raxivace posted:

When I was a kid I thought Goku and Frieza were just SO FAST that in reality it only was just five minutes, but that it had to be slowed down just for us mere mortals to even comprehend it.

I like that HxH literally pulled that off years later, hehe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Even though Freeza is very experienced in blowing up planets, I'm pretty sure that even he probably doesn't have a good idea precisely how long it's going to take a planet to explode when he drops a death ball into it.

Delayed planet destruction is not a precise science!

• Locked thread