Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

When can we start chucking lettuce heads at him

Depends on if you want to spend a night in the pokey and pay a $1000 fine or not.

Because if you are willing to, you can do it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving insane, Fahrenthold figured out how that TIME magazine fake was made

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/879829140068868096

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zeris posted:

When can we start chucking lettuce heads at him

If it does happen, what're the odds he catches it and starts tearing away at with his beak of mouth?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://www.yahoo.com/news/koch-urgency-conservative-network-fears-closing-window-075811642--election.html

If you don't want to go into a depressive state about the viability of the nation going into the future don't click that link. poo poo's on hold for now but these are the kind of forces arrayed behind stuff like the current health care based transfer of wealth to the 1%. They want their loving tax cuts and they give absolutely zero shits about how many of us they need to make suffer and die to get them.

Normally squirrely about Yahoo news but it comes from AP, that's the first link I could phone post.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hmmm wonder what conservative social media has to say on the healthcare bill...

Ah yes, project veritas undercover filming a CNN producer totally admitting that trump/russia is 100% fake news for ratings. Nothing else to see here folks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FastestGunAlive posted:

Ah yes, project veritas undercover filming a CNN producer totally admitting that trump/russia is 100% fake news for ratings. Nothing else to see here folks.

Fox News headline earlier was about the Obamas vacationing too much as private citizens

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahahahaha, dude don't have a job it's not a holiday he's just chilling.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

That bullshit is the #1 trending video on YouTube right now. I'm in countdown mode to see it start popping up on my Facebook feed.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

not caring here posted:

Hahahahaha, dude don't have a job it's not a holiday he's just chilling.

drat unemployed blacks

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

RFC2324 posted:

drat unemployed blacks

Worse: he's spendin your tax dollars that he gets from the gubbermint from being unemployed

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FastestGunAlive posted:

This is going to be the sole thing Trump will pipe as a retort to Russia allegations, regardless of ongoing investigations or results, or more ties, or more circumstantial evidence, or literally anything else.

This is gonna be it.

And it'll work. :suicide:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

That bullshit is the #1 trending video on YouTube right now. I'm in countdown mode to see it start popping up on my Facebook feed.

lol, that's where I saw it the first time.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I think I'd rather see more about Anonymous hacking NASA to get proof of alien existence than something that could actually matter.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Another WannaCry-like cryptoworm is out in the wild, originally targeted at Ukraine. Looks like it's a variant of an old "Petya" worm with some bonus NSA poo poo thrown in. It has spread around quite a bit and now is messing around in the United States. No killswitch in this one, unlike WannaCry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/technology/ransomware-hackers.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

quote:

In Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, A.T.M.s stopped working. About 80 miles away, workers were forced to manually monitor radiation at the old Chernobyl nuclear plant when their computers failed. And tech managers at companies around the world, from Maersk, the Danish shipping conglomerate, to Merck, the drug giant in the United States, were scrambling to respond.

It was unclear who was behind this cyberattack, and the extent of its impact was still hard to gauge Tuesday. It started as an attack on Ukrainian government and business computer systems — an assault that appeared to have been intended to hit the day before a holiday marking the adoption in 1996 of Ukraine’s first Constitution after breaking away from the Soviet Union. It spread from there, causing collateral damage around the world.

----------

In the United States, DLA Piper, the multinational law firm, also reported being hit. Hospitals in Pennsylvania were being forced to cancel surgeries after the attack hit computers at Heritage Valley Health Systems, a Pennsylvania health care provider, and its hospitals in Beaver and Sewickley, Penn., and satellite locations across the state.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

Actually, they're arguing that liberals should be more outraged that this black man isn't working and is taking his family on vacations after spending eight years living on government handouts.

:sad:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Please God let trollbama respond to this by only staying at Trump properties for the next several years and issuing daily press releases about how much money he's saving the secret service by doing so

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

facialimpediment posted:

loving insane, Fahrenthold figured out how that TIME magazine fake was made

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/879829140068868096

oh

my

god

every day I wake up thinking I can't be surprised by the continued stupidity of Trump and every day I am fuckin' surprised

at least normal republicans just want to kill the poors, i'm used to that

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Just saw this recent BBC News/Home Office simulated nuclear war broadcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZ3LGfSMhA

The whole thing is unnerving but the last ten minutes are sleepless nights material.

I need others who can't sleep tonight. I'm gonna have the worst night of sleep since I saw Threads.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
So according to that logic, the dems should just scuttle themselves as a party so that republican politicians don't need to rely so heavily on donor money for election campaigns, which would let them ignore these donors.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Thwomp posted:

I need others who can't sleep tonight. I'm gonna have the worst night of sleep since I saw Threads.

poo poo's not gonna escalate for an hour like that.. right...? tell me stuffs gonna happen with like a five-ten minute "HOLY poo poo CIVIL AUTHORITIES HAVE DETECTED A NUKE LAUNCH GET THE gently caress DOWN AND PRAY!" *lots of kaboom follows* I'm not sure I'd have enough weed to get me through an hour of "things are going down hill, looks like air bases are getting bombed, oh look a nuke in eastern europe."

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 28, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i watched "The Day After" or whatever when i was like 5 and it has given me a lifetime of nightmare fuel

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Are you guys for, or against, the cleansing fire of nuclear Armageddon? Make up your drat minds!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Hail SS-18 Satan let them not tease us for hours before the big event

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Venezuelan cop flew a helicopter over their supreme court and threw a bunch of grenades.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So Venezuelan civil war is a go? Is our local goon contact alright? Its not something I've gotten to hear much about since it first developed.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

GTA: Latin America looking good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Are you guys for, or against, the cleansing fire of nuclear Armageddon? Make up your drat minds!

See this isn't nuclear armageddon this is a cocktease.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

KildarX posted:

poo poo's not gonna escalate for an hour like that.. right...? tell me stuffs gonna happen with like a five-ten minute "HOLY poo poo CIVIL AUTHORITIES HAVE DETECTED A NUKE LAUNCH GET THE gently caress DOWN AND PRAY!" *lots of kaboom follows* I'm not sure I'd have enough weed to get me through an hour of "things are going down hill, looks like air bases are getting bombed, oh look a nuke in eastern europe."

It may take days even after the first tactical nuke gets used, even the strategic countervalue strikes against cities could take place over days or weeks. Periods of escalation, posturing, more escalation, trading cities, trying to find the other sides pain threshold.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I live near the port if Miami RIP me

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm not that many miles from a major population center that would be carpet-nuked. Only question is which side of the city they land on first and whether I get to think "boy that's brigh-" or just go *poof*

Still think a targeted humanity ending biological weapon is better. We've hosed the planet up more than enough with climate change. Let's just quietly eradicate ourselves and leave everything to dolphins or something to have a chance at being worth a poo poo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'd probably end up being vaporized as proximate to a major AFB target as well as ground comms hub and that's okay

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm not that many miles from a major population center that would be carpet-nuked. Only question is which side of the city they land on first and whether I get to think "boy that's brigh-" or just go *poof*

Still think a targeted humanity ending biological weapon is better. We've hosed the planet up more than enough with climate change. Let's just quietly eradicate ourselves and leave everything to dolphins or something to have a chance at being worth a poo poo.

*URL edited out*

Good read.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thwomp posted:

I am working graveyardshift tonight. became extremely paranoid and concerned when Beale AFB was mentioned.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Do you see what happens, Jenny? Do you see what happens when you don't vaccinate your kids?

Maine confirms its first case of measles in 20 years

quote:

The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating a confirmed case of measles in Franklin County that it says is related to travel.

The state says the Maine Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory confirmed the case. The last reported case of measles in the state was in 1997.

State epidemiologist Siiri Bennett says the Maine CDC is working with clinicians to identify potentially exposed individuals. The public may have been exposed if they visited several locations in Farmington and Kingfield between June 15 and 19.

Locations include the Narrow Gauge Cinema in Farmington on June 15, in the afternoon and during the evening, and the Kingfield Woodsman in Kingfield in the late morning and early afternoon of June 18.

Other affected areas include Restaurant la Chocolaterie in Quebec, Canada, Farmington's Franklin Memorial Hospital Laboratory and Grantlee's Tavern and Grill, CBS affiliate WGME in Portland reports.

Measles is a vaccine-preventable disease that can cause pneumonia and death.

:doh:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Naked Bear posted:

Do you see what happens, Jenny? Do you see what happens when you don't vaccinate your kids?

Maine confirms its first case of measles in 20 years

:doh:

Also can cause irreversible brain damage, permanent blindness... but yes also death. And is one of the most loving contagious diseases out there.

Why, oh why, did that poo poo stain doctor have to pick the MMR vaccine so many years ago to fabricate a study in?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thwomp posted:

This was loving brutal goddamn.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Two Finger posted:

This was loving brutal goddamn.

You gotta wonder if there are worse places to be during a nuclear pissing contest than the UK.

It's that combination of "you might survive it" and "but there's literally nowhere else to go because it's about 20 miles between targets in any direction" that gets me. At least in Aus/NZ/a significant part of Canada and the US if you got out before the balloon went up you'd have decent odds of living off the land.

On the other hand, I live right next to the biggest NATO sub base in the southern hemisphere so the odds drop to 0 pretty quick.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol why the gently caress would you bother getting bedding together for an imminent nuclear strike? I'd be getting lit as hell

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Blaze it before you get blazed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Don Dongington posted:

You gotta wonder if there are worse places to be during a nuclear pissing contest than the UK.

It's that combination of "you might survive it" and "but there's literally nowhere else to go because it's about 20 miles between targets in any direction" that gets me. At least in Aus/NZ/a significant part of Canada and the US if you got out before the balloon went up you'd have decent odds of living off the land.

On the other hand, I live right next to the biggest NATO sub base in the southern hemisphere so the odds drop to 0 pretty quick.

Fallout patterns over the US make for some terrifying no-go stripes if there are enough ground bursts. Granted the typical use would be airbursts over anything not buried or otherwise hardened, but then you look at the possibility of, like NORAD getting hundreds of megatons of ground strikes and the same for a bunch of the minutemen silos all over the upper plains.

• Locked thread