Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
What is this game?
Stellaris is a sci-fi 4X "grand strategy" game by Paradox whom is popular for similar game series Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, and Hearts of Iron which are of course in different settings and themes. The player controls an interstellar empire to colonize and conquer other worlds and interact with other interstellar empires either through war or diplomacy.

What is the format of this LP?
This LP will be done in the format of a video LP. I have recruited a couple of co-commentators: CirclMastr and HerrTog; who will also be acting as my political advisors helping me make some of the important decisions. I will be screen-sharing with them so they will be able to provide their live commentary. They are not familiar with the intricacies of the game, though, so it will likely be mostly under my control. But there will be opportunities for audience participation deciding some of our major political decisions as well as helping name any of the many things in the game that can be renamed.

What MODs are being used?
I am not playing with any MODs, but I am playing with all the available DLCs: Leviathans Story Pack, Utopia Expansion, and Plantoids Species Portraits. Otherwise, the game is the vanilla version.

This game looks amazing!
If my LP has compelled any of you to try this game out for yourselves, it is currently as of writing this post (June 23, 2017) part of the Steam Summer Sale, and the Digital Anniversary Bundle which includes the base game and all DLC I mentioned is available for less than $45.

What's this about audience participation?
I am inviting the viewers to participate in a few ways. I already mentioned that they can propose certain political actions between videos. Such proposals could be something like "go to war with this Empire", "colonize this Planet", "set these policies", "follow this tradition tree and choose this ascension", etc. Also, my first videos are just to introduce and teach some of the important details of the game, and once the LP properly starts, I will be playing an empire the audience chooses. More details on that below. Also, viewers will be able to offer names, their own or something else, to name things such as Leaders, Planets, Sectors, Systems and Stars, Ships, Ship classes, or anything else I can find that I can rename. Anyone that does offer a name, please include what you want the name to be applied to. If any Leaders are given name and they die, I may rename something else to honor them.

Introduction and Tutorial Videos
For now, here are the videos from the session where I introduce to my co-commentators and the audience Stellaris.
    LP Stellaris 0-1: Here I show off the details of empire creation, galaxy generation, and the HUD in the proper game.
    LP Stellaris 0-2: Now the game has started, and I demonstrate how a player should probably start and general empire management.
    LP Stellaris 0-3: Finally we create our first off-world colony and have some other close encounters of various kinds.

LP Stellaris 1-1: Proper LP has begun with the winning empire.
    LP Stellaris 1-2: We first discover spaceborne aliens and plan our first colony.

LP Stellaris 2-1: LP Continues and we begin naming planets in our home system.

Empire Proposal
Before the LP properly starts, I invite the audience to suggest what kind of empire we will be playing. Anyone may propose an empire of their design. I have in the first video highlighted each of the racial and government traits and details, so viewers should be able to pause and look through each of them to choose. Alternatively, you may refer to either the Stellaris Wiki or the traits listed below.

The following is the format I would prefer empires to be proposed in, anything in square brackets [] is a placeholder for an entry:
[Empire Name]
[Phenotype] [Species Portrait] [General Description] (This is how I know which portrait to use including where the portrait is placed in the grid. Format this as something like "Mammalian (6,2) Flying Monkeys" or "Fungoid (2,2) Mushroom".)
[Species Name] [Species Plural] [Species Adjective]
[Name List]
[Racial Trait 1], [Racial Trait 2], [Racial Trait 3], ...

[Ruler Name] [Gender]
[Ruler Title Male] [Ruler Title Female]
[Heir Title Male] [Heir Title Female] (if applicable)
[Phenotype] [Hairstyle]
[Color Variant] [Clothes]
[Room]

[Homeworld Name]
[Star Name]
[Starting Star System] (Sol, Deneb, or Random)
[Homeworld Type]
[City Appearance]

[Ethic 1], [Ethic 2], [Ethic 3]
[Authority]
[Civic 1], [Civic 2]
[Empire Name]
[Empire Adjective]
[Emblem Group] [Emblem Design] [General Description] (much like with Species Portrait, this will be listed as a group then coordinate and a description)
[Primary Color] [Secondary Color] (These can also be listed as a coordinate on the grid as well as the color name)
[Flag Pattern] (Again with a coordinate and description)

[Starting Weapons]
[FTL Method]
[Ship Appearance]

As an example, here's an empire I made some time ago.

Jhabbanid Swarm
Arthropoid (6,2) Spider
Jhabbanid Jhabbanid Jhabbanan
Mammalian 3
Sedentary, Non-Adaptave, Rapid Breeders, Very Strong, Resilient

Kul-Sarw Female
King Queen
Crown Prince Crown Princess
1 1
1 1

Athull Jor
Athull
Random
Savanna
Arthropoid City

Fanatic Authoritarian, Militarist
Imperial
Nationalistic Zeal, Warrior Culture
Jhabbanid Swarm
Jhabbanan
Pointy (4,3) Boney Wings
(5,3) Blue (3,2) Red
(3,3) Separating Lines

Projectile Weapons
Hyperspace
Arthropoid Ships

It would also be appreciated if you provide a screenshot of your summary screen if you generated your empire in the Stellaris game like such:

Traits and Mechanics in Detail
Racial Traits
    Each species may have a total of 2 Trait Points and 5 different Traits. Each are separated into their mutually exclusive groups with their mechanics and point values provided.

Agrarian: +15% Food, -2 Points

Thrifty: +15% Energy Credits, -2 Points

Industrious: +15% Minerals, -2 Points

Intelligent: +10% all research, -2 Points

Natural Engineers: +15% Engineering, -1 Point

Natural Physicists: +15% Physics, -1 Point

Natural Sociologists: +15% Society, -1 Point

Extremely Adaptive: +20% Habitability, -4 Points
    Adaptive: +10% Habitability, -2 Points
    Non-adaptive: -10% Habitability, +2 Points

Rapid Breeders: +15% Growth Speed, -1 Point
    Slow Breeders: -15% Growth Speed, +1 Point

Talented: +1 Leader Level, -1 Point

Quick Learners: +25% Leader Experience Gain, -1 Point
    Slow Learners: -25% Leader Experience Gain, +1 Point

Very Strong: +40% Army Damage, +10% Minerals, -3 Points
    Strong: +20% Army Damage, +5% Minerals, -1 Point
    Weak: -20% Army Damage, -5% Minerals, +1 Point

Nomadic: +50% Migration Speed, -25% Resettlement Cost, -1 Point
    Sedentary: -50% Migration Speed, +25% Resettlement Cost, +1 Point

Communal: +5% Happiness, -1 Point
    Solitary: -5% Happiness, +1 Point

Charismatic: +25 Ruler Opinion Impact, -1 Point
    Repugnant: -25 Ruler Opinion Impact, +1 Point

Conformists: +25% Governing Ethics Attraction, -2 Points
    Deviants: -15% Governing Ethics Attraction, +1 Point

Venerable: +75 Years Leader Lifespan, -4 Points
    Enduring: +15 Years Leader Lifespan, -1 Point
    Fleeting: -10 Years Leader Lifespan, +1 Point

Decadent: -10% Happiness without Slaves, +1 Point

Resilient: +100% Garrison Health, +50% Fortifications Defensive Bonus, -1 Point

Conservationists: -10% Consumer Goods Cost, -1 Point
    Wasteful: +10% Consumer Goods Cost, +1 Point

Government Ethics
An empire can have 3 Ethics Points which can either be distributed as 3 normal Ethics, a Fanatic Ethic and a normal one, or a Hive-minded.

Militarist: Can use Full Orbital Bombardment, Reduce War Demand Costs, +10% Army Damage, +10% Fire Rate
    Fanatic Militarist: same except +20% Army Damage, +20% Fire Rate
    Pacifist: Cannot use Unrestricted Wars Policy, +20% Monthly Unity, +2 Core Sector Systems
    Fanatic Pacifist: Must use Defensive Wars Policy, +40% Monthly Unity, +4 Core Sector Systems

Xenophobe: Can Purge and Displace aliens, Can Enslave aliens, Decreased Opinion for other species, Cannot give aliens Full Citizenship, Cannot allow aliens Full Military Service, Cannot use Refugees Welcome species Policy, +15% Rivalry Influence Gain, +15% Border Range
    Fanatic Xenophobe: same except +30% Rivalry Influence Gain, +15% Border Range
    Xenophile: Increased Opinion for other species, Cannot use Full Native Interference Policy, Cannot use No Refugees species Policy, +25% Trust Growth, -25% Diplomatic Influence Cost
    Fanatic Xenophobe: same except Must give aliens Full Citizenship, +50% Trust Growth, -50% Diplomatic Influence Cost

Egalitarian: Cannot use Autocratic Government Forms, Allows Utopian Living Standards, Cannot use Migration Controls for Full Citizenship species, +15% Faction Influence Gain, -10% Consumer Goods Cost
    Fanatic Egalitarian: Must use Democratic Government Form, Allows Utopian Living Standards, Cannot use Impoverished Living Standards for Full Citizenship Species, Cannot use Migration Controls for Full Citizenship species, +30% Faction Influence Gain, -20% Consumer Goods Cost
    Authoritarian: Allows Caste System species Policy, Cannot use Democratic Government Forms, Can Displace Species, -25% Resettlement Cost, -10% Slave Unrest
    Fanatic Authoritarian: same except Must have Autocratic Government Forms, -50% Resettlement Cost, -20% Slave Unrest

Materialist: Can use Full AI Rights Policy, -10% Robot Maintenance Cost, +5% Research Speed
    Fanatic Materialist: same except -20% Robot Maintenance Cost, +10% Research Speed
    Spiritualist: Can Research Psionic Technologies, Can Build Temple Buildings, Must have AI Outlawed Policy, -10 Unrest, +15% Governing Ethics Attraction
    Fanatic Spiritualist: same except -20 Unrest, +30% Governing Ethics Attraction

Hive-minded: Must use Hive Mind Authority, Can use Full Orbital Bombardment Policy, Hive Mind Rulers are Immortal, Hive-minded Pops are unaffected by Happiness and will not join Factions, Hive-minded Pops cannot survive in non-Hive Mind Empires, non-Hive-minded Pops cannot survive in Hive Mind Empires, Must have AI Outlawed Policy, Cannot follow Psionic or Synthetic Ascension Paths, Can genetically modify species to become Hive-minded if Biological Ascension Path is completed, +1 Monthly Influence, +20% Monthly Unity, +10% Habitability, +25% Growth Speed
    (Hive-minded costs all 3 Ethics Points.)

Authority
    Democratic: Requires non-Authoritarian or Hive-minded Ethics, Holds election every 10 years, each Ruler's term has a Mandate that if fulfilled by the end of the term rewards Influence
    Oligarchic: Requires not Fanatic Authoritarian, Fanatic Egalitarian, or Hive-minded, Holds election every 40 to 50 years, each Ruler has an Agenda which grants a bonus of some sort
    Dictatorial: Requires non-Egalitarian or Hive-minded Ethics, Holds election after Ruler's death, Rulers has an Agenda
    Imperial: Requires non-Egalitarian or Hive-minded Ethics, Ruler's death passes succession to Heir
    Hive Mind: Requires Hive-minded Ethic

Civics
    Imperial Cult: Requires Authoritarian and Spiritualist Ethics and Imperial Authority, -33% Edict Cost
    Beacon of Liberty: Requires Egalitarian and non-Xenophobe Ethics and Democratic Authority, +15% Monthly Unity
    Exalted Priesthood: Requires Spiritualist Ethic and Oligarchic Authority, +20% Governing Ethics Attraction
    Philosopher King: Requires Dictatorial or Imperial Authority, +2 Ruler Skill Levels
    Meritocracy: Requires Democratic or Oligarchic Authority, +1 Leader Skill Level, +1 Leader Pool Size
    Citizen Service: Requires Militarist and not Fanatic Xenophile Ethics and Democratic or Oligarchic Authority, +15% Naval Capacity
    Technocracy: Requires Materialist Ethic, +1 Research Alternative
    Police State: Requires not Fanatic Egalitarian, -20 Unrest
    Idealistic Foundation: Requires Egalitarian Ethic, +5% Citizen Pop Happiness
    Environmentalist: -20% Consumer Goods Cost
    Slaver Guilds: Requires Authoritarian Ethic, +10% Slave Food Output, +10% Slave Mineral Output
    Inward Perfection: Requires Xenophobe and Pacifist Ethics, +30% Monthly Unity
    Warrior Culture: Requires Militarist Ethic, +20% Army Damage, -20% Army Upkeep
    Distinguished Admiralty: Requires Militarist Ethic, +8% Fire Rate
    Free Haven: Requires Xenophile Ethic, +50% Migration Attraction
    Cutthroat Politics: +1 Monthly Influence
    Corporate Dominion: Requires Oligarchic Authority and not Xenophobe, +10% Energy Generation
    Agrarian Idyll: Requires Pacifist and not Authoritarian Ethics, Farms produce 1 Unity
    Shadow Council: Requires Democratic, Oligarchic, or Dictatorial Authority, -50% Election Influence Cost
    Mining Guilds: +10% Minerals Production
    Parliamentary System: Requires Democratic Authority, +50% Faction Influence Gain
    Efficient Bureaucracy: +2 Core Sector Systems
    Nationalistic Zeal: Requires Militarist Ethic, +10% Border Range, +1 Maximum Rivalry
    Functional Architecture: -15% Building Cost
    Aristocratic Elite: Requires Oligarchic or Imperial Authority, -50% Governor Recruitment Cost, +4 Leader Capacity

(The Three below are Civics that you cannot change once the game starts and are essentially mutually exclusive.)
    Mechanist: Requires Materialist Ethic and not Syncretic Evolution Civic, Start with 4 Pops replaced with Robots and Robotics Technology
    Syncretic Evolution: Requires not Mechanist or Fanatic Purifiers Civic, Start with 4 Pops replaced with another subservient species
    Fanatic Purifiers: Requires Fanatic Xenophobe and Spiritualist or Militarist Ethics and not Syncretic Evolution Civic, Cannot engage in Diplomacy with other species, Can only use Cede Planet and Cleanse Planet War Demands, Xeno Pops will always be Purged and have no effect on Tradition Cost, Gain Unity from Purging Xeno Pops, May use Armageddon Bombardment Stance, +33% Fire Rate, +33% Army Damage, -100% Tradition Cost form Xeno Slaves

(The following are Civics exclusive to Hive Mind Empires which are unable to choose any of the Civics above.)

Subspace Ephapse: +15% Naval Capacity
    Natural Neural Network: +1 Research Alternative
    Ascetic: -20% Consumer Goods Cost
    One Mind: +15% Monthly Unity
    Divided Attention: +2 Core Sector Systems
    Strengthened Legions: +20% Army Damage, -20% Army Upkeep
    Subsumed Will: +1 Monthly Influence
    Pooled Knowledge: +1 Leader Levels, +1 Leader Pool Size
    Devouring Swarm: Cannot engage in Diplomacy with other species, Xeno Pops will always be Eaten and have no effect on Tradition Cost, Gain Society Research from Eating Xeno Pops, +10% Ship Hull Points, +0.5% Monthly Ship Hull Regeneration, +40% Army Damage, +20% Research Speed (Biology), -100% Tradition Cost form Xeno Slaves

Starting Weapons
    Projectile Weapons: Short range, Good against Energy Shields, Worse against Hulls
    Energy Weapons: Medium to Short range, Good against Hulls, Worse against Energy Shields
    Missile Weapons: Long Range, Near-perfect Accuracy, Can be countered and targeted by Point-Defense systems and Strike Craft

FTL Method
    Warp Travel: Medium Range, Ship can travel to any point within jump range, slow FTL travel and cool-down time after entering a new system
    Hyperspace Travel: Short Range limited to network of Hyperlanes, Fast FTL travel and now cool-down time
    Wormhole Travel: Long Range but travel must be to or from a Wormhole Station, Wormholes take time to form but FTL travel is near-instantaneous

Those are all the mechanical details to consider when creating an empire. I look forward to viewers submitting their empire ideas. After about a week (or sooner if there is enough before then), I will hold a poll vote on which empire to use. After the vote, I will start a game with the winning empire while the rest will be forced to spawn in the galaxy for our empire to rival against for domination. I will also accept name to be used in the game as well, and I would appreciate if the name is also provided with what should have that name.

ShichiNoBushi fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
((reserved slot))

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I mean you said SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP so uhh... you know what that means right?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
[Empire Name] The Goon Mind
[Phenotype] [Species Portrait] [General Description] "Fungoid (2,2) Mushroom". Alternatively Humanoid (3) The pale guy untouched by the sun.
[Species Name] [Species Plural] [Species Adjective] The Goon. Goons, Awful
[Name List] Humanoid List 1 since this isn't possible ( Posters from this thread and a random LP thread.)
[Racial Traits] Intelligent, Slow Breeder, Sendentary, Deviants, Industrious

[Ruler Name] [Gender] Author ShichiNoBushi
[Ruler Title Male] [Ruler Title Female] I ain't assuming poo poo.
[Heir Title Male] [Heir Title Female] All on you.
[Phenotype] [Hairstyle]
[Color Variant] [Clothes] Red and Armor with tubes.
[Room] 8 seems to let the least light into our room.

[Homeworld Name] Let's play
[Star Name] Games
[Starting Star System] Sol
[Homeworld Type] Continental
[City Appearance] Reptillian City.

HIVE MIND.
[Authority] Also Hive Mind
[Civic 1], [Civic 2] Divided attention and Natural neural network.
[Empire Name] The Goonish Guard
[Empire Adjective] The Rancid
[Emblem Group] [Emblem Design] [General Description] Pirate Cthulhu Head.
[Primary Color] [Secondary Color] [Flag Pattern] Black and Green. Plain pattern if that means Green cthulhu on a black background.

[Starting Weapons] Energy Weapons
[FTL Method] Goonholes (Wormholes)
[Ship Appearance] Mammalian

Godna fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 24, 2017

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Viva Miriya posted:

I mean you said SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP so uhh... you know what that means right?

The thread title was CirclMastr's suggestion. He credited it to Starship Troopers, and I'm not aware if there are any other implications to it.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Is that suitable?

edit: I don't actually own the game or I'd have done it all up with a picture and everything

Godna fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 24, 2017

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Godna posted:

[Empire Name] The Goon Mind
[Phenotype] [Species Portrait] [General Description] "Fungoid (2,2) Mushroom". Alternatively Humanoid (3) The pale guy untouched by the sun.
[Species Name] [Species Plural] [Species Adjective] The Goon. Goons, Awful
[Name List] Posters from this thread and a random LP thread.
[Racial Traits] Intelligent, Slow Breeder, Sendentary, Deviants, Industrious

You'll have to pick one of the name lists provided by the game. There is no way I know of to create custom name lists. Otherwise, I'll have to arbitrarily choose one manually name EVERYTHING. You're also left over with 1 extra Racial Trait point, so the Goons could afford to lose one of the negative Traits. I could argue against it being optimal, but I'm fine with role-play instead of optimization.

Godna posted:

[Ruler Name] [Gender] Author ShichiNoBushi
[Ruler Title Male] [Ruler Title Female] I ain't assuming poo poo.
[Heir Title Male] [Heir Title Female] All on you.
[Phenotype] [Hairstyle]
[Room]

I'll need at least some choices for the Ruler's appearance and Room. The mushrooms have no options for Phenotype, Hairstyle, or Clothes, but the Color Variants are Red (1), Pink (2), Purple (3), and Blue (4). Alternatively, the Humanoid has no options for Phenotype or Hair Color either, and its Color Variants are Pale (1), Blue (2), Purple (3), or Teal with Black around Eyes (4). The clothing options are Fancy Robes (1), Les Fancy Robes (2), Bulky Armor (3), Armor with Tubes (4), or Less Bulky Armor (5).

Godna posted:

[Homeworld Name] Let's play
[Star Name] Games
[Starting Star System] Sol
[Homeworld Type] As Earth'y as possible
[City Appearance] Reptillian City.

"As Earthy as possible" would likely be Continental.

Godna posted:

HIVE MIND.
[Authority] Also Hive Mind
[Civic 1], [Civic 2] Citizen Service(see title), Technocracy
[Empire Name] The Goonish Guard
[Empire Adjective] The Rancid
[Emblem Group] [Emblem Design] [General Description] Pirate Cthulhu Head.
[Primary Color] [Secondary Color] [Flag Pattern] Black and Green.

I have neglected to list all the Hive Mind exclusive Civics. I will edit the earlier post to include them.

Godna posted:

[Starting Weapons] Energy Weapons
[FTL Method] Goonholes (Wormholes)
[Ship Appearance] Mammalian

Otherwise, that seems alright.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
added a few updates already. Will continue to update

Already knew about the extra trait point ,but I couldn't help it.

edit: Now waiting for hive mind civics

Godna fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 24, 2017

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Hive Mind Civics are posted. If you wanted something mechanically similar to the Civics you suggested, it would be Subspace Ephapse (+15% Naval Capacity) and Natural Neural Network (+1 Research Alternative).

I also need what flag pattern you prefer.

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I was originally thinking of Space Ghandi with nuclear missiles, but ended up somewhere more interesting.

Wessari Interstellar Nation
Mammalian, (7,2) Platapus
Wessari, Wessari, Wessarian
Mammalian 1
Decadent, Intelligent, Weak, Natural Sociologists, Conservationist

J'Ghor Sakir, Male
King, Queen
Crown Prince, Crown Princess
1, 1
2, 3

Hiffnus
Hiff
Random
Ocean
Mammalian

Authoritarian, Pacifist, Xenophobe
Imperial
Syncretic Evolution, Inward Perfection
Wessari Interstellar Nation
Wessarian
Ornate (5,3) Ringed Planet on (Scepter?)
(2,4) (1,3)
(1,4) 3 triangles

Missile
Hyperspace
Mammalian

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
This is what I have so far for The Goonish Guard:

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Actually I like that flag better. Gonna go with the more core systems civic because that seems better.

edit: Alas we are not deviants but I suppose that is the price of progress. I am sure when we have time we will be the deviant fungoilords that we are.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
The Deviant Trait was removed from the Goons because it effected Ethics Attraction which will have no effect on a Hive Mind (and perhaps something to exploit for an extra point if you want to make one), and the game seemed to be complaining to me that I had that extra unspent point. Will change the Civics now. What do you want it to replace?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
All seems well.

edit: replace the naval one with the systems one. and the research one remains

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is it alright if I just copy&paste the species from the user_empire_designs.txt from the /my documents/paradox/stellaris folder? Then you can just copy&paste it into yours for the pictures, flag and so on. You forgot the ship prefix I think. :v:

Big Butterfly Quantumity
[Phenotype] [Species Portrait] [General Description] see quote below
Glutton, Gluttons, Gluttonous
Anthropoid 3
Decadent, Conformists, Natural Sociologists

[Ruler Name] [Gender] Doesn't matter, change it if you want
High Chef (both genders)
[Heir Title Male] [Heir Title Female] N/A
[Phenotype] [Hairstyle]
Room 10

Kitchen
Devoura
Starting Star System: Random
Alpine
Anthropoid

Fanatic Xenophobe, Militarist
Democratic
Syncretic Evolution, Distinguished Admiralty
Big Butterfly Quantumity
Big Butterfly Quantumitean
[Emblem Group] [Emblem Design]
[Primary Color] [Secondary Color]
[Flag Pattern]

Kinetic Weapons
Hyperdrive
Anthropoid

code:
"Big Butterfly Quantumity"
={
	key="Big Butterfly Quantumity"
	name_list="ART3"
	ship_prefix="YUM"
	species_name="Glutton"
	species_plural="Gluttons"
	species_class="ART"
	species_adjective="Gluttonous"
	species_bio=""
	portrait="art18"
	name="Big Butterfly Quantumity"
	adjective="Big Butterfly Quantumitean"
	authority="auth_democratic"
	government="gov_military_commissariat"
	ftl=hyperdrive
	weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
	planet_name="Kitchen"
	planet_class="pc_alpine"
	system_name="Devoura"
	initializer=""
	graphical_culture="arthropoid_01"
	city_graphical_culture="arthropoid_01"
	empire_flag={
		icon={
			category="zoological"
			file="flag_zoological_15.dds"
		}
		background={
			category="backgrounds"
			file="circle.dds"
		}
		colors={
			"green"
			"indigo"
			"null"
			"null"
		}
	}
	ruler={
		gender=female
		name="Axan Farkiverta"
		portrait="art18"
		texture=0
		hair=0
		clothes=0
		ruler_title="High Chef"
		ruler_title_female="High Chef"
	}
	spawn_as_fallen=no
	ignore_portrait_duplication=no
	room="personality_fanatic_purifier_room"
	spawn_enabled=yes
	ethic="ethic_fanatic_xenophobe"
	ethic="ethic_militarist"
	civics={
		"civic_syncretic_evolution"
		"civic_distinguished_admiralty"
	}
	trait="trait_decadent"
	trait="trait_conformists"
	trait="trait_natural_sociologists"
}
The only good alien is a cooked alien, so eat everything and everyone. Just eat it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ShichiNoBushi posted:

The thread title was CirclMastr's suggestion. He credited it to Starship Troopers, and I'm not aware if there are any other implications to it.

Oh. gently caress that sperg.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
This sounds fun. Here's my empire design for consideration.

The People
Humanoid - 1,1 - Humans
Person, People, People's
HIVE MIND
Adaptive, Sedentary, Wasteful, Rapid Breeders, Quick Learners

Mankind, Male
Mr., Ms.
Room: 8
Phenotype 1, Hairstyle 7
Clothes: 4

Earth
The Planet
The Sun
Sol System
Continental World
Mammalian City

Hive Mind
Collective Consciousness
DEVOURING SWARM, One Mind
The People
People's
Human Emblem - 3,1 (United Nations of Earth logo)
(3,4) (Blue) (5,5) (Black)
(1,1) - Solid color emblem

Missile Weapons
Warp Drive
Mammalian Ships

Power to the People.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 24, 2017

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Poil posted:

Is it alright if I just copy&paste the species from the user_empire_designs.txt from the /my documents/paradox/stellaris folder? Then you can just copy&paste it into yours for the pictures, flag and so on. You forgot the ship prefix I think. :v:

Big Butterfly Quantumity
[Phenotype] [Species Portrait] [General Description] see quote below
Glutton, Gluttons, Gluttonous
Anthropoid 3
Decadent, Conformists, Natural Sociologists

[Ruler Name] [Gender] Doesn't matter, change it if you want
High Chef (both genders)
[Heir Title Male] [Heir Title Female] N/A
[Phenotype] [Hairstyle]
Room 10

Kitchen
Devoura
Starting Star System: Random
Alpine
Anthropoid

Fanatic Xenophobe, Militarist
Democratic
Syncretic Evolution, Distinguished Admiralty
Big Butterfly Quantumity
Big Butterfly Quantumitean
[Emblem Group] [Emblem Design]
[Primary Color] [Secondary Color]
[Flag Pattern]

Kinetic Weapons
Hyperdrive
Anthropoid

code:
Big copy-paste dump.
The only good alien is a cooked alien, so eat everything and everyone. Just eat it.

Yes. That is actually perfect. If anyone else with the game can do that, they are also welcome to.

Edit: Also, something else that makes this game amazing is that one species policy is you can turn them into food. Under the Slavery section is to designate them as Livestock where they are kept around. They don't work, but they do increase Food supply. Another option is under the Purge section where you gradually kill the species off and eat them. On top of that, if you finish the Biological Ascension Path, you can genetically modify a species to be Delicious which has them generate additional Food when they are used for either of those purposes.

ShichiNoBushi fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 24, 2017

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So when are you planning on updating."

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Godna posted:

So when are you planning on updating."

I'm mainly giving time for the audience to propose and then vote on empires. I mentioned in the first post that I'd give it about a week, so around Friday.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'm very happy to see this LP, I got the game from the Humble Bundle but haven't made head way into it and I look forward to learning a lot from this LP.

So, you know, no pressure.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
I mentioned earlier that I would start the vote on which empire we play on Friday. There is still time to make suggestions, but I will list the current submissions here.

"The People" created by Pittsburgh Lambic

"Big Butterfly Quantumity" created by Poil

"Wessari Interstellar Nation" created by HomestarCanter

"The Goonish Guard" created by Godna

If any of those don't match what you designed, please tell me so I can make corrections.

Since there are only 4 so far and I intend to fill as much as a galaxy as I can with them, I am offering some of the empires I have already created to force spawn or play as if so desired.

Tell me if you want to see any of those above in greater detail.

Also keep in mind that I will be accepting submissions for names for anything that is nameable. And also I will be accepting any ship designs once we have chosen an empire if anyone wants to provide any. I only really need general designs such as what types of weapons are placed in what slots rather than the specific tiers of weapons. Like anything else in this game, ship design as a robust amount of customization especially after you research certain technologies, and many of the weapons and other components have specific strategic advantages.

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I'm curious to learn more about the Outer Heaven one. Goodness knows I can't get enough MGS insanity.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Here's the summary screen for Outer Heaven. As you have clearly figured out, it's supposed to be based on the Metal Gear series and is an alternate history where The Boss's dream was realized and the world was unified. The species is a genetically modified race of humans name Le Enfant Terrible. They are Slow Breeders but Strong and Adaptive. Also keep in mind that the game starts at year 2200, so even though the initial leader's name is Big Boss, it is not likely to actually be him unless he was cloned (again).

Something else to mention, if we are playing with multiple empires that start in the Sol System, I will only allow one of them to have that system and edit the rest to Random. Once voting on which empire we play as is done, the more popular among the Sol System empires will have the privilege.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Voting for Big Butterfly Quantumity

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Butterfascists have my vote.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Gotta rep my own race Goon Guard

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
The People have a voice. One voice. One People. The People hunger.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Outer Heaven. So that men may become demons across the whole galaxy.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I have to vote for the Goon Guard because I love me some hive-minded alien myconids.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ShichiNoBushi posted:

You'll have to pick one of the name lists provided by the game. There is no way I know of to create custom name lists.

There is. It is, for example, in the Stellaris wiki.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Empire_modding#Names_of_characters

quote:

names7 = {
weight = 15
first_names_male = {
Aarav Vivaan Aditya Arjun Reyansh Arnav Krishna Ishaan Shaurya Atharv Advik Pranav
Kayaan Darsh Veer Rahul Mahesh Shyam Raj Kumar Palash Rakesh Nishant Neeraj
}
first_names_female = {
Saanvi Aanya Aadhya Aaradhya Ananya Pari Anika Navya Diya Avani Myra Ira Aahana
Shanaya Kyra Siya Priyanka Divya Mahima Shivangi Juvina Anoushka Anushri Apoorva
}
second_names = {
Kumar Moorthi Shastri Prasad Acharya Swamy Pillai Gowda Nayak Desmukh Bhat
Kulkarni Dodamani Patil Gupta Sharma Namboodiri Pannikar Potti Kutty Varma
}
regnal_first_names_male = {
Kayaan Darsh Veer Rahul Mahesh Shaurya Atharv Advik Pranav
}
regnal_first_names_female = {
Saanvi Aanya Aadhya Aaradhya Ananya Priyanka Divya Mahima Shivangi
}
regnal_second_names = {
Kumar Moorthi Shastri Prasad Acharya Patil Gupta Sharma Namboodiri Pannikar Potti
}
}

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

The People are ready to drop their elbow on the whole drat galaxy.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I like the Wessari

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I pick the Wessari, of course.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Wow. That actually sounds pretty cool, and I'd like to try adding in some of my own for some of my empires as well as any other custom details I can think of. But I'm having trouble even finding the files and folders to modify. I'm using a Mac, in case that matters (it often does).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ShichiNoBushi posted:

Wow. That actually sounds pretty cool, and I'd like to try adding in some of my own for some of my empires as well as any other custom details I can think of. But I'm having trouble even finding the files and folders to modify. I'm using a Mac, in case that matters (it often does).

Search for "prescripted_countries" and that should take you to the right general folder?

edit: also sorry if I came across as an rear end in the original post

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Search for "prescripted_countries" and that should take you to the right general folder?

edit: also sorry if I came across as an rear end in the original post

That gets me zero results. Would it be in some other location than my Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folder or possibly a hidden one?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
The People

(Mushroom Goon was a close second, if only for the "slow breeder" trait)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Here, have some galaxy filler. Good luck getting these guys off their comfy planet!

Sedenteron Dormancy
Mammalian, top row 2nd across, pig-camel hybrid
Sendenteron, Sedenterons, Sedenteron
Mammalian 1
Nonadaptive, Slow Breeders, Sedentary, Weak, Slow Learners

J'Dallot Sakir, Female
King, Queen
Crown Prince, Crown Princess
Phenotype 1, Hairstyle 1
Color Variant 4, Clothes 5
Room 1

Sedent