Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

My favorite thing about that video is that each horse girl is a different barebones anime stereotype and there's like 30 of them crammed into it

It's a commercial for a mobile game so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

taint reaped again

i miss him

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

is yooka laylee still garbage after the new patch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

I really appreciate how no premise is too loving weird to be explored in an anime/manga.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i, no, this has to be like a parody from osomatsu or something

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I hope everything goes full meta and there's an anime where each character is a personification of a different anime series

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

VideoGames posted:

New rule being added to the Games rules thread: STOP TALKING ABOUT PEDOPHILIA OR EQUATING ANYONE WHO WATCHES ANIME A PEDOPHILE.

If you genuinely have evidence of such a hideous crime then report it to the authorities!

accusing anyone of being a pedophile without any substantial proof is a bannable offense, so next time you should just ban ppl like that cause its hosed up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I hope everything goes full meta and there's an anime where each character is a personification of a different anime series

i heard the black lagoon guy is doing this exactly. dont quote me on that cause ive only watched 5 animes in my life.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i heard the black lagoon guy is doing this exactly. dont quote me on that cause ive only watched 5 animes in my life.

1 of those had better been cromartie high or so help me god arfjason...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

no, those five are looney tunes, wizards, heavy metal, freekazoid, and final fantasy legend of the crystals

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The White Dragon posted:

seriously go watch kemono friends.

This should be bannable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

no, those five are looney tunes, wizards, heavy metal, freekazoid, and final fantasy legend of the crystals

Wizards and Heavy Metal are good films.

It always surprises me that Ralph Bakshi didn't work on Heavy Metal at all. It always seemed like something he'd have been involved with in some way. Shame about the movie sequel, though. Arguably the only good thing to come out of that is the video game Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Re: Creators was sadly not very good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Wizards and Heavy Metal are good films.

yeah i know, it was more of a jab at how some people use anime really loosely (maybe on purpose) and use animes to refer to good animations produced in the west. gently caress, i kind of regret not having watched wizards until after college, but then it just helped to cement my love of the post-restoration post apocalypse setting

i'm glad you changed your last name, you son of a bitch

e: lol i'm feeling nostalgic, i first heard of wizards from my broseidon whose other film anecdotes included, "johnny mnemonic is a hell of a movie. when i was like seven my mom rented the vhs and sat me down in from of the tv and said 'you wanna see some real poo poo?'"

ee: and to bring it back to nintendos, it's making me think of my other favorite post-restoration post apocalypse setting, crytalis

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 28, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

accusing anyone of being a pedophile without any substantial proof is a bannable offense, so next time you should just ban ppl like that cause its hosed up

You're absolutely correct. There was no real overt statement, just implications, but I will not allow it to go on.

Please can people report this when they see it so that I do not miss it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wizard on a water slide posted:

Agreed with both parts, there were some good posts and conversations in it

Like I still think the one about "default whiteness" in games primarily developed by Asians for Asian markets, and how white people think characters like Cloud from FF7 are obviously white but Japanese gamers don't see it that way, is loving fascinating because there's a whole lot going on there on both sides and people who treat things like that as if they're a settled issue either way are nuts

I sometimes wish there was still a thread like it and I once actively considered what the OP should look like and what rules it should lay out to avoid it becoming another shitpit and moderator nightmare, but it's not worth the trouble for me personally to try and manage

This might sound insane, but I really enjoyed that thread (despite some of the badposting) and I am willing to allow another attempt at having it. It would have to be locked down in terms of rules, but I am hoping things have changed here enough in the years that we could give it a better try without devolving into petty fights.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really need to get caught up on Kirby games, I stopped playing Epic Yarn halfway through cuz my co-op partner had to go to the hospital and never picked it back up.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

VideoGames posted:

This might sound insane, but I really enjoyed that thread (despite some of the badposting) and I am willing to allow another attempt at having it. It would have to be locked down in terms of rules, but I am hoping things have changed here enough in the years that we could give it a better try without devolving into petty fights.

dude you do see what the internet is like today right

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was just commenting on them since you brought them up.

I would be very surprised if I found out the creator of adventure time hadn't seen wizards at some point in his life.

I dunno what it is about Bakshi's films but there is something so...grungy, dirty, and filthy with his films that I feel like he almost kind gets away with the horrible racial caricatures as a result. It almost feels like he's using racial caricatures as a slam *against* racial caricatures. Or maybe that's just me talking out my rear end, idk. KCB's been thinking about trying to put together a Miss America (kinda NWS because Bakshi likes drawing nipples on completely clothed women) costume from Coonskin but imo the material required to do that right now would be too costly and we'd be better off waiting until we have better income coming in. That's the unfortunate part about cosplay. We really like doing costuming but we absolutely cannot afford to do it unless it is super super super cheap to make the costume so we don't get to do the fun costume making hobby as often as we wish we could :\

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Ometeotl posted:

This should be bannable.

If it's down to it being anime, you can watch the musical instead. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

Adam Bowen still posts here occasionally and he'd probably just turn it into the 'Adam Bowen trolls people with his lovely opinions' thread again.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ArfJason posted:

ya no poo poo right, i was about to reply like "drat brah i'll be the first to admit i can't trust myself to post in a thread like that, i'd lose my poo poo"

but for every one of us who would at least be honest about our immaturity and try our best to lurk in that thread instead of post, there's like ten who'll think they're too big to get salt and just end up arguing back and forth

e: lol i just poured my thoughts about crystalis out to my poor buddy who's probably just waking up. at least the first thing he's reading in the morning is really positive :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 28, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Rexroom posted:

If it's down to it being anime, you can watch the musical instead. :v:

Kemono Friends is a blight on this earth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

I will allow it because it gave us the funny penguin story

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

FirstAidKite posted:

seeing cromartie clips on yt several years ago was one of the things that convinced me to open up and watch more stuff but i never got around to it.
that, nichijou and cowboy bebop are my biggest To-do ones.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

While this is true, I'm afraid I have hope that Games might be able to pull together and make a potentially decent thread. I'd be hugely strict in it at least. I know I can be a bit too optimistic.

Sakurazuka posted:

Adam Bowen still posts here occasionally and he'd probably just turn it into the 'Adam Bowen trolls people with his lovely opinions' thread again.

Then he gets banned/probed. I would hope to nip the trolling in the bud. I don't mind being super bad cop in there.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

And I wouldn't like to see it, it's a horrific idea. Goons in games are not able to handle this poo poo in any civil manner. They can't even handle similarly inflammatory topics in this thread without going into screaming matches and making the thread complete poo poo because it's never about the subject matter and always about their self-esteem.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Palpek posted:

And I wouldn't like to see it, it's a horrific idea. Goons in games are not able to handle this poo poo in any civil manner. They can't even handle similarly inflammatory topics in this thread without going into screaming matches and making the thread complete poo poo because it's never about the subject matter and always about their self-esteem.

yeah like goons are historically bad about this, and coupled with how mega polarized everyone is these days, i can only imagine it ending in an eternal stalemate where the tf2 mercs fight for the brothers who scream either sjw cuck or alt right nazi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey, just a reminder to everybody that I'm hoping you're all gonna have a good day. It's early Wednesday morning for me at the moment, I'm gonna try to sleep here soon, but I think it's important for people to know that some jackhole in pennsylvania is hoping that you're able to weather the bad and enjoy the good of today and those that follow.

Stay gold, people. Stay gold.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why is everyone up at 4 am anyway.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Because I've lost control of my life

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Palpek posted:

Yeah, you're right. I know you are, I just wished we could try to get beyond that. :(

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
5 here, and ive had my sleep schedule loving cannonballed into jupiter's orbit due to a 40ºC+ fever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's 9:21 am and I've been at work for over four hours

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It's 9:30am here in the UK and I am enjoying casual work wednesday! :D

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's about 4:30 AM where I am.

Not much going on. Feeling a bit lonely this morning.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Another goddamn brit. You and dongicus are a real bunch, the loving bruvs. Knobheads.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Kemono friends is the evangelion of anime

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Anyway, its time to sleep. The right proper time of 5:30 on a wednesday. This is healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why is the new super-cutesy moe blob wonder boy remake harder than the SMS original lol.

• Locked thread