Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

:tif:

But with nuclear hellfire instead of regular fire

It was just their business systems side, not operational or security, but there are big cyber security regs from the NRC going into effect at the end of this year for exactly this sort of thing. Operational and security systems are all air-gapped, but a well-funded and dedicated team can still breach that. Or sloppy contractors with uncontrolled USB's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lysandus posted:

Can someone explain what 'piss tape' is to me?

its a tapeworm that feeds on the american public's fear

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

because i don't eat turkey ranch sandwiches as these are abominations

:hfive:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lysandus posted:

It's real.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

deathbysnusnu posted:

Steps of heroin addiction
1: Be born a chud in a small town.
2: No jobs in your small town.
3: No effort to move out of your small town or vocational training
4: Trump reopens factories, coal mine
5: Lol what are you going to do bust your rear end in a factory/coal mine for 22/hr?
6: Harass doctor for 1 year over your impossibly bad back pain, nothing works
7: Doctor gives you script for oxy to justify your back pain being severe and nothing works
8: Disability for back pain
9: Addicted to oxy now
10: Disability check doesn't cover oxy based expenses
11: Heroin is cheap as gently caress, let's do that
12: Death at 38.

1. Well I was born in a small town
2. And I live in a small town
3. Probably die in a small town
4. Oh, those small communities
5. All my friends are so small town
6. My parents live in the same small town
7. My job is so small town
8. Provides little opportunity
9. Educated in a small town
10. Taught the fear of Jesus in a small town
11. Used to daydream in that small town
12. Another boring romantic that's me
13. Get addicted to and die of heroin

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lysandus posted:

it is real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when trump was in Moscow to sell ms universe pagent and also try and break into real estate business there he had Russian whores piss on a bed Obama used and Putin videotaped it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lysandus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

fantastical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNeg9D-EZ4

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

brugroffil posted:

it is real

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/880054825551089664

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYvGfF1Gkg

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lysandus posted:

an elaborate mind castle that liberals are lost in, stumbling around blindly

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

betcha this is going to turn out like last time and we'll get a story tomorrow about it just being some guy getting malware on his work laptop

People have inadvertently transferred viruses to some of the air-gapped systems via USB drives at nuke plants before so it's definitely possible.

They're generally a whole heck of a lot better about locking down ports physically and not being able to plug any old removable media in to critical systems these days.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lysandus posted:

Donald Trump paid two hookers to piss on a bed in a Russian hotel where Obama once stayed and Putin has a tape of this

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its time for some piss tjheory

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

deathbysnusnu posted:

5: Lol what are you going to do bust your rear end in a factory/coal mine for 22/hr?
7: Doctor gives you script for oxy to justify your back pain being severe and nothing works

im the blue canary in the coal mine who watches over u~

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

brugroffil posted:

It was just their business systems side, not operational or security, but there are big cyber security regs from the NRC going into effect at the end of this year for exactly this sort of thing. Operational and security systems are all air-gapped, but a well-funded and dedicated team can still breach that. Or sloppy contractors with uncontrolled USB's!

Ok good. After stuxnet proved you can use cyber warfare to cause actual physical damage this kind of news is unsettling

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
fat ol' piss hog president

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

zegermans posted:

1. Well I was born in a small town
2. And I live in a small town
3. Probably die in a small town
4. Oh, those small communities
5. All my friends are so small town
6. My parents live in the same small town
7. My job is so small town
8. Provides little opportunity
9. Educated in a small town
10. Taught the fear of Jesus in a small town
11. Used to daydream in that small town
12. Another boring romantic that's me
13. Get addicted to and die of heroin

:cabot:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lysandus posted:

real

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

not to put too fine a point on it

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Ok good. After stuxnet proved you can use cyber warfare to cause actual physical damage this kind of news is unsettling

Some Ukrainian teenager is going to cause the Hoover dam to spin its turbines too fast and rupture, flooding thousands of homes, murdering hundreds, and causing billions of dollars of damage. Pay him 20 bitcoin or he'll do it again

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Stuxnet was a really well-funded operation to break nuclear weapons systems. I guess an especially malicious foreign government could attempt to sabotage commercial nuclear reactors, but I would think the national (weapons) labs would be a more likely target.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Lysandus posted:

In case this was a real question, there was a opposition research "dossier" done by this guy named Christopher Steele, who is a former British Intel Officer. There was a bunch of stuff in there, including stuff the Russians had on Trump they could use as blackmail. One of those things said that Trump stayed in the same Russian hotel Barack and Michelle Obama had stayed in recently, and requested to stay in the same room they did. And then he hired a couple of Russian prostitutes to piss on the bed Obama had stayed in. And that the Russians had a hidden camera in the room, so they had proof of this.

This was initially met with two reactions, first, "Holy poo poo that is loving nuts!" and then, "But there's no way that's true. That's too drat weird." So much so that no one reported on the dossier at first, but someone (...I think it might have been HuffPo, but I'm not sure) said, "Oh gently caress it, we're publishing this." But since then, while no one has confirmed the piss tape is real, a bunch of intel officials, while not going into specifics, have said, basically, "A lot of the things in that dossier match with what I know to be true." Which has been slowly making people say, "...wait, is the piss tape real?"

Except around here, where we've been saying it since the story broke.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The best thing that can happen today is a White House staffer printing this out and leaving it on his desk.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Strange_Animals/status/855346871673532416

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/880060518022733824

Mariana Horchata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEIYjS1ePY

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

EXT. NIGHT, STORMING: BILLBOARD

MARTY and DOC return to the billboard hideout after escaping from PUTIN'S LAIR, the hoverboard-mounted MARTY still hanging from the Delorean. The Delorean makes a low approach and MARTY drops to the ground and pulls out the walkie-talkie.

MARTY: Doc! Is everything okay?

DOC: Yes, Marty. I'm going to find a better place to land in this storm. Have you got the pisstape?

MARTY reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out the pisstape

MARTY: Right here!

DOC: Burn it!

MARTY finds a trash can by the billboard. Squatting down, he pulls the magnetic tape out of the pisstape and piles it into the trash can. MARTY lights the tape with a match. It quickly catches fire. MARTY thinks for a moment and pulls out the newspaper from 2017. MARTY stares wide-eyed as the newspaper's headline changes from "TRUMP REPEALS PPACA: Tens of Millions to Lose Insurance" to "TRUMP REPEALS NAFTA: Tens of Millions to Gain Jobs." DOC notices the same thing.

DOC: Mission accomplished!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

thrawn527 posted:

In case this was a real question, there was a opposition research "dossier" done by this guy named Christopher Steele, who is a former British Intel Officer. There was a bunch of stuff in there, including stuff the Russians had on Trump they could use as blackmail. One of those things said that Trump stayed in the same Russian hotel the Barack and Michelle Obama had stayed in recently, and requested to stay in the same room they did. And then he hired a couple of Russian prostitutes to piss on the bed Obama had stayed in. And that the Russians had a hidden camera in the room, so they had proof of this.

This was initially met with two reactions, first, "Holy poo poo that is loving nuts!" and then, "But there's no way that's true. That's too drat weird." So much so that no one reported on the dossier at first, but someone (...I think it might have been HuffPo, but I'm not sure) said, "Oh gently caress it, we're publishing this." But since then, while no one has confirmed the piss tape is real, a bunch of intel officials, while not going into specifics, have said, basically, "A lot of the things in that dossier match with what I know to be true." Which has been slowly making people say, "...wait, is the piss tape real?"

Except around here, where we've been saying it since the story broke.

This, except Buzzfeed published it.

The piss tape is real...and it's spectacular.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

not to put too fine a point on it
I have a secret to tell
From my electrical well
It's a simple message and I'm
Leaving out the whistles and bells
So the room must listen to me
Filibuster vigilantly
My name is blue canary
One note spelled l-i-t-e
My story's infinite
Like the Longines Symphonette
It doesn't rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjSzjoU7OQ

While you're at it
Keep the nightlight on inside
The birdhouse in your soul

:)

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

his european allies more or less openly laugh at him

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Some Ukrainian teenager is going to cause the Hoover dam to spin its turbines too fast and rupture, flooding thousands of homes, murdering hundreds, and causing billions of dollars of damage.

:fap:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

And also nobody is really questioning that Trump would conceivably do something like this because he's bragged about his hedonism for decades

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i'm the biggest doubter of russia stuff here and i can tell you with 100% certainty that the piss tape is real and it is good and my friend

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Nastier Nate posted:

Right, Buzzfeed, that's the one.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lmao citing Avik "think tank in a UPS PO Box" Roy as an impartial and qualified expert

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/880050800852160513

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ekster posted:

his european allies more or less openly laugh at him

"allies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

deathbysnusnu posted:

I was born in this town
Live here my whole life
Probably come to die in this town
Live here my whole life
Never anything to do in this town
Live here my whole life
Never anything to do in this town