Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Thermopyle posted:

When did VS Code get popular? That image is from this article which is from December 2015.

The good news is he provides the tool and config he used to create the data, so you could measure yourself if you're so inclined.

I wish people did things for me so I didn't have to think so hard...

Also, VS Code did just start to pick up around the summer of 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

When did VS Code get popular? That image is from this article which is from December 2015.

The good news is he provides the tool and config he used to create the data, so you could measure yourself if you're so inclined.

I switched over from Sublime to VS Code for front end work (still use VS for back end) at the beginning of the year and feel like I was about a year behind the times.

For some reason, probably from having tried Atom, I thought VSCode was going to be slow.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

HaB posted:

Webstorm has gotten slower and slower over the last few versions, and since switching to VS Code a year or so ago - I have never looked back.

Webstorm would beachball when I was just typing. Default install, no plugins, etc. And the machine is a late 2015 Macbook Pro with 16 GB of RAM.

JetBrains is good until you get to huge legacy complex markup files, then I jump into Text Wrangler. With all the intellisense going on it can make the editor drat near lose its mind and crash from being out of memory.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I personally like sublime but would recommend vs code because it is free.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

NinetySevenA posted:

I personally like sublime but would recommend vs code because it is free.

sublime is free too. You just get the occasional "buy a licence" popup.

I use sublime, it works great, but I haven't really tried any other editors other than notepad++ a long time ago (it was ok) and Atom (basically sublime with slightly different quirks)

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

There's something wrong here. It should have gotten significantly faster over the past few versions as they turned on their "zero-latency" typing technology in Webstorm this past December.

I confess that while I recommended Webstorm, I actually use PyCharm or IDEA as I do full stack...I just said Webstorm because its for frontend and PyCharm/IDEA are supersets of Webstorm.

That being said, some people are IDE people some people are text editor people...

It's the first time I've heard of their "zero-latency" tech. Apparently it's enabled by default since version 2017.1, but I haven't noticed any difference :shrug:

Maybe I'll experiment with the JVM args

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sedro posted:

It's the first time I've heard of their "zero-latency" tech. Apparently it's enabled by default since version 2017.1, but I haven't noticed any difference :shrug:

Maybe I'll experiment with the JVM args

If you've been on EAP since v.15 (august 2015) it's been included. But I think you're right overall there's not much difference to be noticeable.

https://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2015/08/experimental-zero-latency-typing-in-intellij-idea-15-eap/

https://pavelfatin.com/typing-with-pleasure/

With the exception of large / complex files, I've never really noticed any performance issues. My most troubled page is a 1800 line JSP with a ton of nested if/else tags.

IntelliJ struggles to keep up with all of it, often typing fix <s:if> statement won't create the corresponding closing tag and when adding it will close the wrong opening tag. I'm not sure if that's related or not. But IntelliJ is slow a hell when this happens.

At the same time I've always dealt with memory issues in IntelliJ so I often restart it at least twice a day out of a 10+ year habit.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Does anyone genuinely love Brackets? I thought it was awesome until I started adding extensions and it poo poo the bed royally

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Does anyone know of a good open source React + TypeScript project (and maybe Redux) project I can take a look at? Also is there a well-regarded source for style/linter settings like airbnb is for ES6?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
You should use VIM as your editor because then on top of spending 30+ hours a week learning web development, you'll have to spend 10+ hours a week learning to use your editor. But then after a couple months, you'll glad you did.

Or maybe that's my Stockholm Syndrome talking....

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lumpy posted:

You should use VIM as your editor because then on top of spending 30+ hours a week learning web development, you'll have to spend 10+ hours a week learning to use your editor. But then after a couple months, you'll glad you did.

Or maybe that's my Stockholm Syndrome talking....

Learning a bit of vi could be useful, just in case you have to remote login and use the shell to edit a few files and for whatever reason nano is not available.

*remove mask* .... If you are a full stack developer.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Tei posted:

Learning a bit of vi could be useful, just in case you have to remote login and use the shell to edit a few files and for whatever reason nano is not available.

*remove mask* .... If you are a full stack developer.

The only thing I dislike about VIM is that now I simply can't use anything else because it feels sooooo sloooooowww to work in. And nobody has a VIM-mode plugin that actually does all the stuff that makes VIM so good.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lumpy posted:

The only thing I dislike about VIM is that now I simply can't use anything else because it feels sooooo sloooooowww to work in. And nobody has a VIM-mode plugin that actually does all the stuff that makes VIM so good.

I've been tempted to start learning it.
But I don't want to get a set of keys for a mechanical keyboard with all the vim shortcuts on them like my old coworker.

What's a good cheat sheet?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Gildiss posted:

I've been tempted to start learning it.
But I don't want to get a set of keys for a mechanical keyboard with all the vim shortcuts on them like my old coworker.

What's a good cheat sheet?

The best thing you can do is to force yourself to use letter keys for movement. Add this to your .vimrc:

code:
" Break bad habits
" you will eventually learn to stop using ESC
inoremap <esc> ###FART FART FART####

" use this instead of ESC!
inoremap jk <esc>

" no arrow keys for you!
nnoremap <left> <nop>
nnoremap <right> <nop>
nnoremap <down> <nop>
nnoremap <up> <nop>

inoremap <left> <nop>
inoremap <right> <nop>
inoremap <down> <nop>
inoremap <up> <nop>
The "cheat sheets" are I have seen tend to be too overwhelming because they have all 8469726412312 commands on them. The big things to know that will get you 90% of the way to "oh hey, this *is* worth the trouble!" I think would be learning the ^, $, e, E, w, W, b, % movement commands, then coupling them with d, di, c, ci, y, yi to delete, change or yank (copy). VIM commands are like functional programming... you sort of chain them together so you need to think in "movement -> command" pairs. So d$ would delete (d) from where I am to the end of the line ($).

Delete under the cursor with x, replace what's under the cursor with r then type the character to change it to. Delete a whole line with dd. Increment a number your cursor is on with Ctrl-a, decrement with Ctrl-x.

Learning to delete / change / yank inside the braces, quote, or HTML tag you are by using {, [, (, ", ', < is good to learn early as well. So ci( will remove the contents of whatever parenthesis I'm in and put me in insert mode. You can use that command with t if you are inside an HTML tag.

Add in finding / jumping to any string with these guys: /, n, N, *, ;, f, F and you can fly around your code in no time. Couple them with other commands to again do things fast: dfA would (d)elete until I (f)ind the character A.

Oh, also learn u, Ctrl-r which are undo and re-do.

While you are typing, hit Ctrl-p and VIM will find all strings that start with the one you are typing and let you pick from a list (ctrl-n, ctrl-p to move up / down the list) to auto-complete *anything*. It looks in any buffer you have open, so it's great for getting methods from other files. You can add in language-based autocomplete as well with plugins.

You can also repeat the last command by hitting . and do something multiple times by putting a number in a command (ex: delete next 3 words is 3dw, add 10 to the number my cursor is under is 10ctrl-a)

Then learn Macros and registers!

There is also a VIM thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552945

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 28, 2017

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I thought escape was the regular way of going into normal mode.

How does the jk part work? Do you have to do a :jk or something else?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

NinetySevenA posted:

I thought escape was the regular way of going into normal mode.

How does the jk part work? Do you have to do a :jk or something else?

Esc is the default way, but it makes you move your hand or stretch really far. You can also use ctrl-[ by default, but jk is always where my hand is, so I use that. There's nothing you need to do before it, you can map anything in insert mode, you just need to be mindful not to map anything you actually want to type ever! So if I actually needed to type the letters 'jk' next to each other, I'd have to type j, then wait a half second and type the k, but that's never come up. You can also type ctrl-o in insert mode and the next character will be a normal-mode command.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
echo export EDITOR=emacs >> ~/.bashrc

prom candy posted:

Does anyone know of a good open source React + TypeScript project (and maybe Redux) project I can take a look at? Also is there a well-regarded source for style/linter settings like airbnb is for ES6?

Seconding this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

code:
$ vimtutor

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Lumpy posted:

The best thing you can do is to force yourself to use letter keys for movement. Add this to your .vimrc:

code:
" Break bad habits
" you will eventually learn to stop using ESC
inoremap <esc> ###FART FART FART####

" use this instead of ESC!
inoremap jk <esc>

" no arrow keys for you!
nnoremap <left> <nop>
nnoremap <right> <nop>
nnoremap <down> <nop>
nnoremap <up> <nop>

inoremap <left> <nop>
inoremap <right> <nop>
inoremap <down> <nop>
inoremap <up> <nop>
The "cheat sheets" are I have seen tend to be too overwhelming because they have all 8469726412312 commands on them. The big things to know that will get you 90% of the way to "oh hey, this *is* worth the trouble!" I think would be learning the ^, $, e, E, w, W, b, % movement commands, then coupling them with d, di, c, ci, y, yi to delete, change or yank (copy). VIM commands are like functional programming... you sort of chain them together so you need to think in "movement -> command" pairs. So d$ would delete (d) from where I am to the end of the line ($).

Delete under the cursor with x, replace what's under the cursor with r then type the character to change it to. Delete a whole line with dd. Increment a number your cursor is on with Ctrl-a, decrement with Ctrl-x.

Learning to delete / change / yank inside the braces, quote, or HTML tag you are by using {, [, (, ", ', < is good to learn early as well. So ci( will remove the contents of whatever parenthesis I'm in and put me in insert mode. You can use that command with t if you are inside an HTML tag.

Add in finding / jumping to any string with these guys: /, n, N, *, ;, f, F and you can fly around your code in no time. Couple them with other commands to again do things fast: dfA would (d)elete until I (f)ind the character A.

Oh, also learn u, Ctrl-r which are undo and re-do.

While you are typing, hit Ctrl-p and VIM will find all strings that start with the one you are typing and let you pick from a list (ctrl-n, ctrl-p to move up / down the list) to auto-complete *anything*. It looks in any buffer you have open, so it's great for getting methods from other files. You can add in language-based autocomplete as well with plugins.

You can also repeat the last command by hitting . and do something multiple times by putting a number in a command (ex: delete next 3 words is 3dw, add 10 to the number my cursor is under is 10ctrl-a)

Then learn Macros and registers!

There is also a VIM thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552945

What about jumping around code-bases though, does it support jumping to symbols across a project etc?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I use to go to open source meetings. Cool stuff.

In one of them a group of Gnome developers visited us. There was also a group of KDE developers. One Gnome developer was VIM fan, and the other KDE developer was Emacs fan (I may be wrong here, It was a long ago).

There where talking to each another and showing each other job, and they joked about the rivalities of emacs vs vim. In reality, they both served and had the same features, in a slightly different way. It amazed me how productive can be a advanced vim or emacs user. Kinda jealous. But I don't miss that and I don't have a problem being a "IDE peasant" or whatever you want to call it. All I can remember for hotkeys are copy and paste, exit and save. For people like me IDE's are perfect, we have all the features in the world and we don't have to remember hotkeys, we use menus for that.

What I am tryiing to say is... nobody *need* to learn vim. Is a kind a nice thing to have, but you can do everything with a computer with no patience and bad memory, using IDE's. You are not going to woosh a girl with your skill but you will get the job done.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 29, 2017

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I have honestly never felt like the speed at which I can put down code is my bottleneck when developing software. The amount of time I lose from taking my right hand off the keyboard and putting it on the mouse pales in comparison to the time I spend thinking about how I want to approach the next problem. Some of the biggest tedious time sinks for me are things like remembering what my colour variables in SCSS are called, or what props a component I wrote takes, so I'm finding VS Code is actually really improving my speed in that sense, because I don't have to switch around between files to keep things straight. I tried to switch to vim about a year ago because I was trying to make more use of tools like vagrant and wanted to just edit directly on the VM but it felt like a massive step backwards for me, it would take me ten years to make up all the productivity I was losing in trying to switch.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Yep. I don't think VIM is for everyone, and you can certainly code just fine in many, many things. I just love it, and I feel that the time I spent getting used to it has been paid back a bajillion-fold over the years. The "bottleneck" thing is one of the arguments *for* VIM that I've heard over the years... you spend less time typing than you do anything else when coding, which is why "normal" mode doesn't let you input text :v:

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

What about jumping around code-bases though, does it support jumping to symbols across a project etc?

Vim has support for ctags. You'll need to generate tags files yourself. I'm sure there are also plenty of plugins that will handle symbols like you're describing as well.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I used to do everything in vim but nowadays I prefer an IDE with vim mode, makes it easier to see errors while typing and especially with JVM based languages the completion/documentation/static analysis/refactoring works really fast and well.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

qsvui posted:

Vim has support for ctags. You'll need to generate tags files yourself. I'm sure there are also plenty of plugins that will handle symbols like you're describing as well.

Vesi posted:

I used to do everything in vim but nowadays I prefer an IDE with vim mode, makes it easier to see errors while typing and especially with JVM based languages the completion/documentation/static analysis/refactoring works really fast and well.

See this I can get my head around, I can see the usefulness of a "vim mode" but the other poo poo you lose if you go "full vim" doesn't seem worth it to me. Saving time on typing seems pointless, given that typing takes up only a very minute portion of the time I spend developing something.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Never go full vim

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

COOL CORN posted:

Never go full vim

:laugh:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Instead of serving HTML to the browser, we should be sending JSON

HTTP 1.5.tei 200ok
Template: customers.html

{name:"bob", age:30}

For a brief period of time Browser supported including other files. You could be serving a XML has XHTML

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ENTITY otherFile SYSTEM "otherFile.xml">
]>
<doc>
<foo>
<bar>&otherFile;</bar>
</foo>
</doc>

We are not sending files to the browser. We are sending Mime documents. Mime documents support multiparts. Sending more than one file could be possible. Like.. we could send a mime multipart JPG file, where each new part is a new JPG file slighly modified, creating some sort of GIF file.

For a brief period of time it was possible to send to the browser a website with 0 bytes and render a normal page.
It was possible to abuse the Location: header to have it execute javascript Location: java script:a=createElement("script");a.src='k.js'; document.body.append(a)

People doing "view source" would have seen 0 bytes, a empty website.

Ajax was invented way before Microsoft added it. People use to create on the fly img nodes, then set the data has params of the url, and the server would receive the data and reply a invisible pixel.

IE 4 support DirectX. You could mix Direct X calls and HTML. It also supported a lot of other crazy cool things, like a template system that could automatically bind the rendering a of table with the content of a microsoft access file.

Some awnful companies like Vodafone insert Javascript of their own making in websites, adding some sort of toolbar. This poo poo is enabled by default and need to manually disable by the users.
This toolbar poo poo sometimes break other libraries so you may end having a broken page for your vodaphone users.

Theres some sort of technology that you send a XML and another XML describing how you get the original XML and modify it, and ends with a diferent XHTML file. For a brief period of time browsers supported it. Many people probably to this date still use it on the serverside.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 30, 2017

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I found an IP camera that sent video as a never-ending document of images one time. It was supposed to work with some godawful Java plugin thing so of course I was looking for a workaround for that. Opera 12 handled it fine but every other browser choked after the first frame lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Munkeymon posted:

I found an IP camera that sent video as a never-ending document of images one time. It was supposed to work with some godawful Java plugin thing so of course I was looking for a workaround for that. Opera 12 handled it fine but every other browser choked after the first frame lol

Probably some hacker could have made some sort of proxy by gluing a few commands togueters, to turn that into a stream. But who has time for that. Turn some 20€ lovely camera into a 30$ camera by putting 300€ hours in manpower to it.

One of my hobbies was to lurk in the XML mail list.

At some point they talked about "Datuments". This is a XML file with every external resource embedded to it. Instead of multiple files: index.xml, logo.png, group.jpg , list.xml, a single file index.xml with everything embeded, images embeded with data-urls. To young myself it sounded kinda cool. You would distribute this index.xml file, and anybody opening it would see all of it. Not need for other files.

Maybe it would be fun to re-invent it. Turn single page applications into Single file applications by embedding all files in the index.html file.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML exists already

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Is too bad this type of things have been exploited has virus vector more times than for anything useful. The idea to distribute a "app" has a single index.html file is funny.

I occurs to me that Apple would not like it either. Has would allow people to skip the App store and give Apple their 30%.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 30, 2017

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Tei posted:

Maybe it would be fun to re-invent it. Turn single page applications into Single file applications by embedding all files in the index.html file.

This is basically what WebPack does already...

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Skandranon posted:

This is basically what WebPack does already...

We are so lucky all these smart kids create stuff for Javascript. Stuff like this seems designed by genius, powered by magic and to run with nanites.

I wonder if this particular optimization is a dis-optimization if you choose to host the stuff in HTTP/2. Or what distribution would be optimal for HTTP/2. Or if this type of tools can (on the fly) generate some sort of manifest file to coordinate better resource loading.

Has a experiment I have one of my servers with H2, but I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

There's lots of info about webpack and http/2 if you google those terms together.

Of note (because I've been thinking about this particular part of it lately): http://w4t.pw/6r0m

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Looks like it's probably not time to unbundle everything and use native ES2015 module syntax (especially given that support sucks still).

https://sgom.es/posts/2017-06-30-ecmascript-module-loading-can-we-unbundle-yet/

This is an older article about HTTP/2 & bundling, but afaik it's been the consensus for a while.

https://medium.com/webpack/webpack-http-2-7083ec3f3ce6

HTTP/2 is better, but it's still more efficient to load a few larger files than it is to load tons and tons of little files. Worth experimenting for your use-case if you've got the time though because every app is gonna be a bit different.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

See this I can get my head around, I can see the usefulness of a "vim mode" but the other poo poo you lose if you go "full vim" doesn't seem worth it to me. Saving time on typing seems pointless, given that typing takes up only a very minute portion of the time I spend developing something.

You can get all that stuff with plugins w/ VIM, so you can get it *and* save time typing... but again, to each their own.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Tivac posted:

Looks like it's probably not time to unbundle everything and use native ES2015 module syntax (especially given that support sucks still).

https://sgom.es/posts/2017-06-30-ecmascript-module-loading-can-we-unbundle-yet/

This is an older article about HTTP/2 & bundling, but afaik it's been the consensus for a while.

https://medium.com/webpack/webpack-http-2-7083ec3f3ce6

HTTP/2 is better, but it's still more efficient to load a few larger files than it is to load tons and tons of little files. Worth experimenting for your use-case if you've got the time though because every app is gonna be a bit different.

Thanks Tivac!, very interesting.

Anyway...

What a piece of poo poo. Looks ugly has hell.

This is what is in store for us? serving a bunch of ...

<script src="1ea296932eacbe248905.js"></script>
<script src="0b3a074667143853404c.js"></script>
<script src="0dd8c061aff2a2791815.js"></script>
<script src="191b812fa5f7504151f7.js"></script>
<script src="08702f45497539ef6ea6.js"></script>
<script src="195c9326275620b0e9c2.js"></script>
<script src="19817b3a0378aedb2143.js"></script>
<script src="0e7a65e649387d773247.js"></script>
<script src="13167c9702de79d2f4fd.js"></script>
<script src="1154be40ff0e8dd16e9f.js"></script>
<script src="129ce3c198a25d9ace74.js"></script>
<script src="032d1fc9a213dfaf2c79.js"></script>
<script src="07df084bbafc95c1df47.js"></script>
<script src="15c45a570bb174ae448e.js"></script>
<script src="02099ada43bbf02a9f73.js"></script>
<script src="17bc99aaed6b9a23da78.js"></script>
<script src="02d127598b1c99dcd2d0.js"></script>

..is this what our <head> would look like? Not happy with this.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Tei posted:

Thanks Tivac!, very interesting.

Anyway...

What a piece of poo poo. Looks ugly has hell.

This is what is in store for us? serving a bunch of ...

<script src="1ea296932eacbe248905.js"></script>
<script src="0b3a074667143853404c.js"></script>
<script src="0dd8c061aff2a2791815.js"></script>
<script src="191b812fa5f7504151f7.js"></script>
<script src="08702f45497539ef6ea6.js"></script>
<script src="195c9326275620b0e9c2.js"></script>
<script src="19817b3a0378aedb2143.js"></script>
<script src="0e7a65e649387d773247.js"></script>
<script src="13167c9702de79d2f4fd.js"></script>
<script src="1154be40ff0e8dd16e9f.js"></script>
<script src="129ce3c198a25d9ace74.js"></script>
<script src="032d1fc9a213dfaf2c79.js"></script>
<script src="07df084bbafc95c1df47.js"></script>
<script src="15c45a570bb174ae448e.js"></script>
<script src="02099ada43bbf02a9f73.js"></script>
<script src="17bc99aaed6b9a23da78.js"></script>
<script src="02d127598b1c99dcd2d0.js"></script>

..is this what our <head> would look like? Not happy with this.

Why does it really matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Skandranon posted:

Why does it really matter?

Is a sign of a abstraction leaking. Do that means something to people?

I get it, optimizations often make stuff fragile, uglier, messy. Is a price you pay. But in most cases is something that still you can read and understands. This is not human friendly at all. I can change a 8 to a B and you would not notice.

Meh. I just don't like it. Is not that bad.