Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Someone check on chunkles. I bet he just passed out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't even know who Williams is !!!

Edit

Oh Lou Williams ?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

euphronius posted:

I don't even know who Williams is !!!

Lou Williams.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a convergence of guys with dick centric games was bound to happen

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ragle posted:

the extra 10% to keep Melo as a scorer off the bench is cheaper than trying to get an equivalent scorer elsewhere.

Carmelo was worse than Joakim Noah last year by advanced stats. If a team is paying someone why can't they decide the player is most effective coming off the bench?

Pretty sure Melo was the highest W/S player on the Knicks last year. Please get specific on the stats you are using rather than just saying "advanced" stats

And Noahs problem isnt that he is a completely terrible basketball player. He's still a good to great defender his problem is that he can't stay healthy.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

there is a 99% chance darly morey is trying to land paul george right now

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Does this improve or harm Blake's chances of re-signing with the Clippers? Normally I'd say it's obvious that he's gone but there were rumblings about CP3 being the reason he didn't want to play there anymore

I'd say the odds are maybe the same? Chris Paul seemed likely to leave anyway so I'm not sure it changes much.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
WHY PAUL WHY

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Jesus Christ this league

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Does this improve or harm Blake's chances of re-signing with the Clippers? Normally I'd say it's obvious that he's gone but there were rumblings about CP3 being the reason he didn't want to play there anymore

I think it all factors into if BOS lands Hayward. Griffin is their next target if they don't.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I hope Lou Williams didn't sell his house :lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The James Harden point guard experiment took the team to new heights and almost won him the MVP. Let's get a new point guard

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This is crazy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'd say the odds are maybe the same? Chris Paul seemed likely to leave anyway so I'm not sure it changes much.

Well I mean the lede was he didn't want to stay with the Clippers because of CP3, so it definitely changes things if the story is true. Who knows

I'm sure he doesn't love the Rivers cabal either

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

D'Antoni coaching Chris Paul :getin:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Harden and CP3 backcourt going to try to fight the Warriors by fouling out their stars.

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
Clipper fan here, I'm stoked! I think this works out for both teams. Wow

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

G-Hawk posted:

"Hey Paul, there's no state income tax in Texas!"

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

I think it all factors into if BOS lands Hayward. Griffin is their next target if they don't.

TheBoston situation is interesting, because if they are 100% positive they can land George they may be better off targeting Griffin hard initially.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

You will have a tag-team of James Harden and Chris Paul running that offense for 48 minutes a game. Good Christ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

danucleus posted:

Clipper fan here, I'm stoked! I think this works out for both teams. Wow

Uh....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fast Luck posted:

The James Harden point guard experiment took the team to new heights and almost won him the MVP. Let's get a new point guard

The Rockets lost badly to the Spurs because Harden was gassed and their offense stalled because of it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

G-Hawk posted:

They kind of traded the attractive assets they had for Chris Paul, they can't offer anything close to what Boston can

So welcome to the Rockets Paul George

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So their starting line-up gonna look like this?

PG - Paul
SG - Harden
SF - Ariza
PF - Ryno
C - Capela

Key Bench - Eric Gordon, Nene, Harrell

I'm reading they're still trying to trade away Ryno.

Paul Zuvella posted:

TheBoston situation is interesting, because if they are 100% positive they can land George they may be better off targeting Griffin hard initially.

I would think whatever they have to use to get PG would factor into who they go after. I'm no expert, but I'd rather have Hayward than Griffin if I had to give up Bradley. Unless they can afford all three. IT/Hayward/PG/Griffin/Horford is pretty nice.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 28, 2017

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/880089874094841856

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Wait, HoopsHype isn't showing an option for Chris Paul. Is that just a mistake? What is he opting into?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Dexo posted:

Pretty sure Melo was the highest W/S player on the Knicks last year. Please get specific on the stats you are using rather than just saying "advanced" stats

on basketball-reference.com the respective player pages, under "Advanced," Noah was superior in WS/48, BPM, VORP, Carmelo was better in WS.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I told all of you that everything just happens now, if it's talked about it happens

I told you!!

The Rockets are... still the third best team in the west?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/sports/basketball/phil-jackson-knicks-triangle-offense-nba.html
Does anyone remember this nice article about the fry angle from 2015?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mcmagic posted:

Because they have a 21 year old guy who should be one of the best players in the NBA in a few years if they don't gently caress him up and who's development Melo being there is hampering. Also, they aren't going to be a good team for the next few years anyway.
Yeah, they're not going to be a good team anyway... Melo isn't exactly going to ruin the tank job though. And how is Melo going to hamper KP's development? They get along and can fit together on the court. You thin just too much Melo iso? I don't know...

Tae posted:

The Rockets lost badly to the Spurs because Harden was gassed and their offense stalled because of it.
I mean if you can get CP3 then take him! but seems like most every other team could have used him more...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't disagree.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hey, let's wait til AFTER the draft to boot the guy we've been hanging our hat on for the last 3 years.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

G-Hawk posted:

Darly Morey the famous country singing lady with huge titties who sings songs about bayesianism and heartbreak

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, they're not going to be a good team anyway... Melo isn't exactly going to ruin the tank job though. And how is Melo going to hamper KP's development? They get along and can fit together on the court. You thin just too much Melo iso? I don't know...

I mean if you can get CP3 then take him! but seems like most every other team could have used him more...

I mean, superstars go to a team in free agency because they want to be there.

I'm actually interested to see what their cap is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Morey is the best

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

Jesus Christ this league

Was this a better deal for the Clippers than losing Butler was for the Bulls?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

I don't disagree.

I edited my post, but would you rather have Griffin or Hayward if you had to give up Bradley to get PG?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
gently caress my custom title is useless now god drat it why didn't we build a square instead of a triangle

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

Was this a better deal for the Clippers than losing Butler was for the Bulls?

CP3 made it clear he wasn't going to return so it's all profit really. He did what the Pacers wish PG had done hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

pubic works project posted:

I edited my post, but would you rather have Griffin or Hayward if you had to give up Bradley to get PG?

IMHO Hayward. I don't trust Griffin's health.

• Locked thread