Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Thom and the Heads posted:

my favorite thing about the time cover is all of the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS wrong fonts all over it

The "Apprentice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I just realized Zuckerberg looks like a lost member of Arcade Fire. He's got that same doughy former high school marching band virgin look. He wouldn't look a hair out of place screaming his heart out playing bongos or something on Wake Up.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I should find a way to incorporate this take into my Factorio nuclear power plans

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

yeah that's not good

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Baloogan looks at Lindsay Graham and coos "Peckerwould"

i was gonna post a cool world gif here but this is a hentai free zone

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

most social networks were designed with the idea that they wouldn't need to pay any attention to content because users would provide and curate it themselves. the thought was that moderators would exist solely to remove spamming and illegal stuff; they wouldn't need to moderate content because if someone posted offensive poo poo, no one would follow or share or like it and therefore it would be essentially buried. on the flip side, if a lot of people liked and shared and followed a piece of content, it must not be universally offensive and therefore there would be no need to remove it. it's like a social version of free market ideology, where behavior is judged by the invisible hand of the social "market" instead of regulators imposing fixed rules

that's why the big networks were caught absolutely flat-footed by harassment and stuff. they just assumed that social behaviors and algorithms would naturally filter people into interacting only with those whose views they found tolerable. they never really accounted for the possibility that people might go out of their way to interact with those they disagreed with.

what little content moderation they've added since then is mostly just to protect their image. fb and twitter don't actually have a problem with racist content being posted, they just want to minimize and contain the controversy it causes. their sole goal is to have as many users as possible providing as much content as possible, and to advertise to those users. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the social networks actively want the racist users to stick around, because they're a particularly valuable market segment in the era of :chaostrump:, and one that's especially difficult to target via conventional advertising

their strategy so far is to make white supremacists and diversity protesters both happy with their product at the same time by leaving the white supremacists alone while marking their content as "sensitive" and doing PR campaigns about hiring more diverse Board members and programmers

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just realized Zuckerberg looks like a lost member of Arcade Fire. He's got that same doughy former high school marching band virgin look. He wouldn't look a hair out of place screaming his heart out playing bongos or something on Wake Up.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

cucked in the childhood by a political opinion time portal

Kennedy Montgomery is a libertarian and a registered Republican, describing herself as a "Republitarian". She has a pink Republican elephant tattooed on her upper left thigh. She is a supporter of same-sex marriage along with privatized Social Security. She opposes the "war on drugs" and bureaucratic regulation. At MTV’s 1993 Rock ’n’ Roll Inaugural Ball for Bill Clinton, she chanted, "Nixon now! Nixon now!”, whenever the Clintons went on stage. Along with being a fan of Richard Nixon, she supported Dan Quayle and Bob Dole. She was also a speaker at the 1996 Republican National Convention. She was first introduced to libertarianism when Kurt Loder suggested she read Ayn Rand's Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology. She actively supported Gary Johnson in both the 2012 and 2016 elections.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol our pres is brokebrained as gently caress

also if the Democrats make zuck the Dem nominee I'm just straight up done with poo poo

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

jus lol that they are peddlin this one, knowin the viewas are too stupid to note that most medicaid recipients cannot afford drug mill docs

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Isn't it blatantly illegal to use your power to threaten the business interests of media that covers you negatively.... *Turns head toward camera 2* I'm being told by your producers that nothing matters.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oh hey going through Trump's tweets I just noticed that the President of the Unite States retweeted some idiot that made a nazi-frog quality Fake News Network macro

That sounds like a reasonable thing for the President of the United States to do.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

Oh hey going through Trump's tweets I just noticed that the President of the Unite States retweeted some idiot that made a nazi-frog quality Fake News Network macro

That sounds like a reasonable thing for the President of the United States to do.

he is a GTA 5 glitch youtuber, the person who made that

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

brugroffil posted:

yeah that's not good

I just assumed the nodding is because he's already forgotten what he was talking about

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

He should have followed up with "Is that a threat to Amazon to force The Washington Post into presenting you in a better light?" so that the same reaction would look more incriminating

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zuckerberg reminds me a lot of the badguy from the film The Social Network

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

deadgoon posted:

Kennedy Montgomery is a libertarian and a registered Republican, describing herself as a "Republitarian". She has a pink Republican elephant tattooed on her upper left thigh. She is a supporter of same-sex marriage along with privatized Social Security. She opposes the "war on drugs" and bureaucratic regulation. At MTV’s 1993 Rock ’n’ Roll Inaugural Ball for Bill Clinton, she chanted, "Nixon now! Nixon now!”, whenever the Clintons went on stage. Along with being a fan of Richard Nixon, she supported Dan Quayle and Bob Dole. She was also a speaker at the 1996 Republican National Convention. She was first introduced to libertarianism when Kurt Loder suggested she read Ayn Rand's Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology. She actively supported Gary Johnson in both the 2012 and 2016 elections.

owneder by the loder

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

zegermans posted:

woah I never made that connection

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why does trump hate amazon

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hillary and all his primary opponents are dumb motherfuckers for not spending every second interacting with him needling him over being a failed business guy and not being as rich as he talks about. Every oppo and psych eval available seemed to point to that being the one thing he couldn't let stand.

That was one of my things during the run. I kept saying his riches are fake, he's nowhere near as rich as he paints himself, that he's an obvious fraud. Not so anymore, thank you Rosneft, whatever that is. And thank you Baloogan, Top Bunk Wanker, quite a number of voices that flooded D&D for a few months.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

eonwe posted:

if the Republicans make trump the nominee I'm just straight up done with poo poo

-America 2016

we will deal
we have been dealin'

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

eonwe posted:

lol our pres is brokebrained as gently caress

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'd love to see Trump actually do this and then have Amazon append every single shopping cart total with DONALD TRUMP MANDATED INTERNET TAX: $X.00

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

proto-mcconnellian

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/880093701426511872

don't mess with where a man gets his maple syrup I guess

e: oh wait the dude used to eat on his gf. I guess it's ok then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't wait to see Republicans boycotting Amazon by spending more money on Amazon and then writing protest messages on the boxes when they show up

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

How much for a trans flag bat?

Got a buddy who'd love this and use it.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/880094040166989825

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/benpershing/status/880094133859340288

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

:lol: of course

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

SKULL.GIF posted:

proto-mcconnellian

he needs to lose that neck first
:thunk:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

brugroffil posted:

yeah that's not good

All it means is he knows there's nothing he can do legally so he's gonna bide his time and find a way to stab them in the back.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Main Paineframe posted:

most social networks were designed with the idea that they wouldn't need to pay any attention to content because users would provide and curate it themselves. the thought was that moderators would exist solely to remove spamming and illegal stuff; they wouldn't need to moderate content because if someone posted offensive poo poo, no one would follow or share or like it and therefore it would be essentially buried. on the flip side, if a lot of people liked and shared and followed a piece of content, it must not be universally offensive and therefore there would be no need to remove it. it's like a social version of free market ideology, where behavior is judged by the invisible hand of the social "market" instead of regulators imposing fixed rules

that's why the big networks were caught absolutely flat-footed by harassment and stuff. they just assumed that social behaviors and algorithms would naturally filter people into interacting only with those whose views they found tolerable. they never really accounted for the possibility that people might go out of their way to interact with those they disagreed with.

what little content moderation they've added since then is mostly just to protect their image. fb and twitter don't actually have a problem with racist content being posted, they just want to minimize and contain the controversy it causes. their sole goal is to have as many users as possible providing as much content as possible, and to advertise to those users. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the social networks actively want the racist users to stick around, because they're a particularly valuable market segment in the era of :chaostrump:, and one that's especially difficult to target via conventional advertising

Sir, your card was declined. I'm going to have to call the police.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

harold beals?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He wouldn't look a hair out of place screaming his heart out playing bongos or something on Wake Up.

I can't picture him ever being that authentically enthusiastic about anything, really.

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/880093701426511872

don't mess with where a man gets his maple syrup I guess

e: oh wait the dude used to eat on his gf. I guess it's ok then

Lol, Rutland. Of course.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

of course
note ma utta lack o surprise

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/880092408096096256

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why does trump hate amazon

it is a legitimate business