Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

but in all seriousness

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/880087788242083841

today has been loving hilarious

I laugh now, knowing in my heart the next Final is still gonna be Cavs/Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

tacodaemon posted:

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/880082542254272513

fahrenthold is also asking for tips from trump club members about other suspicious looking magazine covers and stuff

remember that fahrenthold's twitter crowdsourcing is also how we know about that trump portrait that he spent his "charity" money on

can he just get an annual subscription to the Pulitzer?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JosefStalinator posted:

why you gotta think about how a dude hijacking a helicopter and chucking nades out of it to blow up the piece of poo poo president of venezuela is cool

Undeniable style points

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/879715867898130432

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

bats!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

unequivocally fingered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kilmers Elbow posted:

unequivocally fingered

:yikes:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress yeah stonewall anniversary gonna be awesome as hell this year

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh my god I missed the time cover thing

That's the most pathetic poo poo

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Herhoes of the revolution

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

boethius posted:

Bbubbbbut

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i guess you could say that gymnast doctor will never be the head of a major organization

he probably ate too fresh

caramel macchiato

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

i guess you could say that gymnast doctor will never be the head of a major organization

caramel macchiato

doobie dogs

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

caramel macchiato

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I wish W would have twittered. That would have been cool :(

http://deadspin.com/5969910/the-15-best-peter-gammons-tweets-of-2012

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

brugroffil posted:

bats in the eastern US are getting devastated by white nose syndrome :smith:

and they shall have their revenge

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Shugojin posted:

Oh my god I missed the time cover thing

That's the most pathetic poo poo

sounds like somebody's tired of winning

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

but in all seriousness

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/880087788242083841

today has been loving hilarious

lmao

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lmao size 8

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chris James 2 posted:

I laugh now, knowing in my heart the next Final is still gonna be Cavs/Warriors

im waiting for the lma for iggy trade or whatever the gently caress the rumors are rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxw2FZBd7aY

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This is why pigs are pigs regardless of skin color. When they put on the blue they forfeit their humanity

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brugroffil posted:

bats in the eastern US are getting devastated by white nose syndrome :smith:

bat cocaine is a hell of a drug

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
my favorite thing about the time cover is all of the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS wrong fonts all over it

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

this post took some turns

:IDGAF:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Ekster posted:

lmao if your teenage crush was anything but a video game/anime waifu

gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon because those cartoon anime babes make me think the wrong thing

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Warriors remake gonna be woke as gently caress

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's weird that Trump uses the phrase "level playing field" for the country as a whole, when the "level playing field" for people that were born into poverty (equal access to quality education, and healthcare because you don't avoid brain tumors through bootstraps) is what Republicans desperately try to paint Democrats as "crazy" for wanting

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

When the PISS tapes finally come out, my favorite liberal hot take will be the anger over it de-normalizing sex workers and the inherent misogyny. Don't you guys know this is just a distraction from the tax reform / welfare gutting bill???

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/880091568337698816

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/880087311853252608

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hillary and all his primary opponents are dumb motherfuckers for not spending every second interacting with him needling him over being a failed business guy and not being as rich as he talks about. Every oppo and psych eval available seemed to point to that being the one thing he couldn't let stand.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ramadu posted:

w....hat....?

:psyduck:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

no!
:ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

for a while there i thought hotbeds of racism and nazis and poo poo like that was just a natural outcropping from social networks being so large and ubiquitous but NOPE turns out the moderation on twitter and fb is either nonexistent or, where it does exist, straight up cray cray

most social networks were designed with the idea that they wouldn't need to pay any attention to content because users would provide and curate it themselves. the thought was that moderators would exist solely to remove spamming and illegal stuff; they wouldn't need to moderate content because if someone posted offensive poo poo, no one would follow or share or like it and therefore it would be essentially buried. on the flip side, if a lot of people liked and shared and followed a piece of content, it must not be universally offensive and therefore there would be no need to remove it. it's like a social version of free market ideology, where behavior is judged by the invisible hand of the social "market" instead of regulators imposing fixed rules

that's why the big networks were caught absolutely flat-footed by harassment and stuff. they just assumed that social behaviors and algorithms would naturally filter people into interacting only with those whose views they found tolerable. they never really accounted for the possibility that people might go out of their way to interact with those they disagreed with.

what little content moderation they've added since then is mostly just to protect their image. fb and twitter don't actually have a problem with racist content being posted, they just want to minimize and contain the controversy it causes. their sole goal is to have as many users as possible providing as much content as possible, and to advertise to those users. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the social networks actively want the racist users to stick around, because they're a particularly valuable market segment in the era of :chaostrump:, and one that's especially difficult to target via conventional advertising

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Thom and the Heads posted:

my favorite thing about the time cover is all of the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS wrong fonts all over it

And the very TIME style exclamation points!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ekster posted:

lmao if your teenage crush was anything but a video game/anime waifu

Crissy Hind. Still is, actually.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

i cant put into words how disappointed i was to zoom in and see zuck was not holding his natural environment ( a trash bag )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

gently caress people going to the doctor when they are sick because they can now afford it
what's next, people making claims on their insurance policies

• Locked thread