Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Spacebump posted:

Aren't the Nets rumored to be planning on giving him a big deal?

Nets + Philly, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rad Valtar posted:

Chris Paul is a really good player and maybe it's just me but I don't see how he fits with Harden who controls most of the ball. The styles don't mesh.

Ball-dominant point guard Harden is a relatively recent thing; he used to play as more of a pure SG.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spacebump posted:

Aren't the Nets rumored to be planning on giving him a big deal?

They are and I think the Sixers are going to throw money at him. FREDS would be fun as hell to watch.

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm

Better than losing CP3 for nothing, PLUS you get Sam Decker at the small forward Patrick Beverley to replace the three points and the defense from CP3, Blake can finally step up and be the point forward he was meant to be, and Clippers can now run the court and be the best transition offense team in the league .

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nooo now I have to hate the Rockets :(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tae posted:

Also do the Mavs laugh or get mad at CP3 for taking away their one free agent and then leaving anyways to strand him in LA?
He always wanted to be the focal point of the offense, should get more plays for him now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

danucleus posted:

Better than losing CP3 for nothing, PLUS you get Sam Decker at the small forward Patrick Beverley to replace the three points and the defense from CP3, Blake can finally step up and be the point forward he was meant to be, and Clippers can now run the court and be the best transition offense team in the league .

I like your attitude

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I keep thinking this offseason is about to slow down and something crazy keeps happening. Can't wait for free agency to start.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the Rockets spacing sure is gonna be something

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Sacramento apparently is giving Bogdan a $30M/3year deal. Vlade is collecting weapons

Good deal for both sides

Paul leaving means the sixers should have a good shot for reddick

Throw 2/50 at the man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

danucleus posted:

Ok it's better than 0 yes

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rad Valtar posted:

Chris Paul is a really good player and maybe it's just me but I don't see how he fits with Harden who controls most of the ball. The styles don't mesh.

Yeah I agree. Like I don't think CP3 is going to hurt the team or anything, but I am not sure the sum is greater than all the parts here. CP3 isn't going to do a ton to take some of the scoring burden off Harden or anything. But it's a great return for what they gave up and I didn't really think the Clippers were going to do a lot anyway. Still, I'd be really hesitant to blow up a Western Conference Playoff team, its a lot of work to get back there.

Doc controls players movement, right? Weird that he'd do this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just realized Harden will never win MVP now. The team will be better but he won't be doing as much so his chances at the award will go down. Not that it matters since the number one goal should be a title.

Edit: it's really funny CP3 and Dwight convinced Cuban they were colluding to join the Mavs and now the Rockets have had both.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

I hate my stupid stout Division

Same amount of First Team All-Defense members as before the trade, at least!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lockback posted:

Yeah I agree. Like I don't think CP3 is going to hurt the team or anything, but I am not sure the sum is greater than all the parts here. CP3 isn't going to do a ton to take some of the scoring burden off Harden or anything. But it's a great return for what they gave up and I didn't really think the Clippers were going to do a lot anyway. Still, I'd be really hesitant to blow up a Western Conference Playoff team, its a lot of work to get back there.

Doc controls players movement, right? Weird that he'd do this.

Doc didn't get that insurance quote he wanted...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Every once in a while I think about how Doc Rivers signed his son to an 11+ million per year deal and the universe feels simultaneously too large and too small at once and I pass out

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Pat Beverley: formely undrafted player playing in the Ukraine, Sam Dekker a mid 1st rounder rotation player, and Lou Williams, guy who got traded for Corey Brewer and a late 1st plus an additional late 1st for Chris Paul is basically a NBA2k trade I would attempt to do

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

PG - Paul
SG - Harden
SF - Ariza
PF - Ryno
C - Capela

Key Bench - Eric Gordon, Nene, Harrell

Nene is a free Agent. I imagine they let him walk because they have Harrell and Onuaku who can approximate what nene gave them

Their contracts with Paul just barely get them over the cap, which means they will have just the Exception and minimums to fill out their bench. I imagine they target a PF type who can shoot with the exception and then go after a minimum PG.

You can probably except the teams 9 player rotation to look like this:

Chris Paul
James Harden
Trevor Ariza
Ryan Anderson
Clint Capella

Eric Gordon
Ersan illyosova? (Exception)
Monztrel Harrell
Uhhhh... Ray Felton? Honestly I have no idea.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Libertine posted:

Paying Chandler Parsons as much as an all-NBA player is basically gonna leave the squad twisted until 2020.

delet this

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

xbilkis posted:

Doesn't Chris Paul hate playing uptempo

Not really. It is just really hard on him to do it for an extended period of time since he lost his knees like 7 or 8 years ago.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Come to Philly, JJ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

I need the growing stare

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It's cool and weird how the 2 best centers are on the same team and the 2 best PGs are on the same team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It's cool and weird how the 2 best centers are on the same team and the 2 best PGs are on the same team

Steph and Westbrook aren't on the same team?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/880091426532368384

I can't stop laughing.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

can blake actually dribble well enough to be a point forward i feel like that idea just gets thrown out there cause hes a good passer and isnt huge

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Pat Beverley: formely undrafted player playing in the Ukraine, Sam Dekker a mid 1st rounder rotation player, and Lou Williams, guy who got traded for Corey Brewer and a late 1st plus an additional late 1st for Chris Paul is basically a NBA2k trade I would attempt to do

Going to miss Bev :( He's the best

Good three point shooter, elite defender, making peanuts, rarely injured. This might end of biting the Rockets in the rear end

Also gonna need to find some bench scoring now unless we think Gordon can repeat actually being healthy for most of a season

e: Also CP had to opt back into his contract, so the Clippers were basically doing this instead of letting him just walk

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

can blake actually dribble well enough to be a point forward i feel like that idea just gets thrown out there cause hes a good passer and isnt huge

Blake has insane handles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEVi_H5jYE

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No one escapes the SW Division untested. NO ONE!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

Yes, he can.

e: the only better dribbler on the team now is like, maybe Lou Will

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

I think you'd still absolutely need a PG to handle play initiation and the like, but you can run a lot through Blake, and Blake is capable of even playing a small-5. But that can be Patrick "I play the 1 next to better point-players for a career" Beverley so it works out.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

Going to miss Bev :( He's the best

Good three point shooter, elite defender, making peanuts, rarely injured. This might end of biting the Rockets in the rear end

yeah i mean that is obviously the downside. And I said before this may not work at all, obviously. But Morey said it best basically, want to beat Golden State, up the risk. I also highly doubt he is done here.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I remember watching videos/clips of Blake his rookie year just sitting around dribbling anything that could bounce while he was rehabbing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The other side of this is that Harden handling the point was wildly successful and now you take the ball out of his hands

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/880086126958043136

Say hello to the Lance Stephenson Point Guard Show! Hope you survive the experience!

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

lol the Clippers blew their chance for relevancy in a series of dumbass moves by Doc Rivers, now they are sinking even further into irrelevancy as 2 new football teams are coming to Los Angeles

At least they got a pretty clean blowup and should be able to trade Deandre Jordan for picks / young guys. Who would want him?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kibner posted:

Yes, he can.

e: the only better dribbler on the team now is like, maybe Lou Will

insane disrespect to jamal crawford

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Daj only has two years left right ?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

big boi posted:

Trade Bev to Cleveland, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

insane disrespect to jamal crawford

true. i forgot he existed. the ultimate disrespect.

• Locked thread