Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

This portrait is so bad, it hurts that I got it out of a loot box.

Now I must use it as my portrait forever so others must feel this pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
HotS seems to have a lot of trouble with Tracer's face. That one's astonishingly bad though, worst ever in a blizzard game or any game. Far worse than Christopher Metzen's doodles. You're right though, you have to use it forever now.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

A lot of portraits are horrendous. Some of the sketch ones or whatever make me think of furries.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Are the on sale heroes usually not legendaries? Obviously the heroes you want to buy with gems are legendaries, but this week is two rares and it's often cheaper epics.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They need to have

https://twitter.com/raspbearyart

This guy, who does a lot of the official Heroes art and sprays do everything. Just commission the hell out of this dude Blizzard. His art is stellar and it's really obvious how bad the other stuff looks when it's right next to this guy's stuff. Like if they just had this dude redraw all the portraits, even the portraits I think are fine, I would be okay with it.

There also needs to be portraits for all the different skins. I wish there was Lil Ragnaros portrait

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My favorite bad portrait is this one, because the lack of color makes it look like Uther has a wide poo poo-eating grin when it's smaller.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lprsti99 posted:

Medivh is actually really growing on me, even for QM. Yeah, people will gently caress up portals without VOIP, but that just means I get to use them to bully the gently caress out of people then dip out as soon as they try to go on me. His shield is amazing, and Rift kind of shits out damage when you finish Master's Touch.

Hunting down Abathurs is also the funniest thing, even if they can easily burrow out if they're paying attention. Dude just wants a stress-free game where he hats friends and soaks lanes, but nah, better run bugman.

I like the damage when shield takes damage, and then get the double shield. People will evaporate when they cause 900 damage to themselves with a blade flurry

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Macaluso posted:

There also needs to be portraits for all the different skins.

There isn't even a spray for every hero yet. What the Christ.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

More stylized sprays already

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BrianBoitano posted:

There isn't even a spray for every hero yet. What the Christ.

I don't care about sprays

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think I have seen a spray from another player one time and that was in response to a spray I did. I have a hard time thinking of something that people care less about.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Tracer using her hair to be a shark in the ocean is pretty much the best portrait in the game though, anyone who disagrees is probably dead at this point

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Radish posted:

I think I have seen a spray from another player one time and that was in response to a spray I did. I have a hard time thinking of something that people care less about.

Those banner things when you take a camp or fort. There's absolutely no personality there or any reason at all to even have them in the game. Also they come up on objectives for some reason, most inexplicably being when you kill a group of the small skull mobs in the mines on haunted mines.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
They would only be cool if you show up to a merc/boss camp only to see the banner of the guy that stole the camp from you guys so you can shake your fist at them. Except that you already know when a camp is stolen since the game announces it immediately.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

beejay posted:

Those banner things when you take a camp or fort. There's absolutely no personality there or any reason at all to even have them in the game. Also they come up on objectives for some reason, most inexplicably being when you kill a group of the small skull mobs in the mines on haunted mines.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about those you are right.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

bunch of sad nerds who never had a before-first-minion-wave spray tag party in mid ITT

It feels a lot like this:

https://fat.gfycat.com/DelayedFlimsyBoar.webm

https://gfycat.com/SingleIllustriousIchneumonfly

https://gfycat.com/AgileHonoredHairstreakbutterfly

and to a lesser extent:

https://i.imgur.com/TeI03gL.mp4

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/880093452918153219

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Moebius - that's Starcraft 2, yeah? But we already have a regenerating zerg...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

BrianBoitano posted:

Moebius - that's Starcraft 2, yeah? But we already have a regenerating zerg...

It's Stukov or some kind of generic "infested Terran" unit.

Moebius group was from Starcraft and Stukov's body was regenerated by being infected by a Zerg cerebrate after his Battlecruiser crashed and he died.

Plus, the terran tech with zerg ooze on it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I'm gonna guess Stukov, too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It'll probably be stukov (he's a co-op commander in sc2 like abathur, zagara, artanis, kerrigan, and raynor) but of course I want it to be duran. Or just an infested command center.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
They're enacting protocol "spot", but I don't really know what that would be referencing. Zerg-dog!?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

No Wave posted:

It'll probably be stukov (he's a co-op commander in sc2 like abathur, zagara, artanis, kerrigan, and raynor) but of course I want it to be duran. Or just an infested command center.

Duran wasn't an experiment or Zerg, so probably not him.

bio347 posted:

They're enacting protocol "spot", but I don't really know what that would be referencing. Zerg-dog!?

Pretty sure that this is another sign pointing to Stukov. He was "cured" of the Zerg infestation and then it turned out that the cure failed and he became reinfested and began infesting others with Kerrigan.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 28, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Duran wasn't an experiment or Zerg.
He ran moebius foundation (under a different identity)... sort of taking the hint in the other direction.

It will be stukov though.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

In more important news, they are actually balancing -

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20861968/heroes-of-the-storm-hotfix-notes-june-28-2017-6-28-2017

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Am I the only one who feels that Malthael got off really easy? I was honestly expecting a big hit to Black Harvest.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Does Tyrande need any help? I lose a lot when I'm playing with her. I don't die a ton personally and usually do ok damage but I worry I'm not making as much an impact as I could be by playing someone else. It might just be a quick match issue where it's hard to get people to focus when I rangers mark and stun someone which seems like 80% of her gameplay.

Also I could just suck with her which is totally likely but it's nice to know what is the specifics.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 28, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's Kloctus

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
We don't need anymore sprays because we already reached peak spray with animated thumbs up.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bullshit. It's clearly Sanpytrin.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

There is nothing more important than Stukov.:colbert: One of the only fun characters in Heart of the Swarm.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tassadar basically losing the buffs he just got less than a month ago. Lol.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol at D.Va getting nerfs

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nephzinho posted:

Is Sudmon a goon? I keep getting friend requests from someone with a filled list.

Yeah I keep getting friend requests from him too. Never see him online, I just come back and see the friendlist fairy has left another request under my pillow.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Libertine posted:

Tassadar basically losing the buffs he just got less than a month ago. Lol.

Well, it's better than 30/60 which is what he had before, but still.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Lol at D.Va getting nerfs

Of all the things I wouldn't have said D.Va is too good at, mech basic attack damage is probably near the top of the list. Also they really don't want people taking Hit the Nitrous anymore.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Oh man they did it, they made brightwing's E not garbo

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Radish posted:

I use the stylized Varian with all the ?s around his head on 99% of my loadouts. Whenever someone on either team does something idiotic you can drop it on the ground. Murky led you directly to his egg? Spray. Enemy hero walked into the death zone of your base on spooky cannon towers? Spray. Guy just keeps trying to activate/collect the objective while you beat on him and cancel his channeling every time? Spray.

I get way more mileage out of it than anything else, for sure.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

thank goodness they reduced DVa's mech damage from "tickling" to "a gentle spring breeze"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Dang, Brightwing. :stare:

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/880113048115073024