Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

loquacius posted:

I'm sad that tweet is a screenshot because now that I know it's sincere I am genuinely curious which people would like or retweet it and what they are tweeting about these days

im blocked by sady doyle apparently

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Like I get why they latch onto the handmaids but the setting for that book/show is pretty much what Mike Pence wants IRL.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

your presidency may as well not have happened my dude!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Matt Zerella posted:

Like I get why they latch onto the handmaids but the setting for that book/show is pretty much what Mike Pence wants IRL.

pence jerks off to all the scenes except the jezebel whorehouse, while trump just plays that scene on repeat. america is a land of contrasts

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

my only knowledge of handmaid's tale is that it seems extremely good at terrifying affluent white women

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GlyphGryph posted:

I know this is from page one and like a week ago but I think it bears repeating also I wanted to say In These Times is also pretty drat good.

Good call.

I made a periodicals thread a long time ago in D&D. Maybe I'll do a new one tailor made for C-SPAM.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the dishonestly from someone who is presumably pretty well acquainted with how much our courts love sending black people to jail is pretty loving lol

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The Resistocrats!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think people getting politically engaged and protesting is good even if they are layering some cringe culture thing on top of it. One of the reasons we are in this shitshow is the majority of the population just sitting around not giving a poo poo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i bet you dollars to donuts that many who were had been wrongfully sentenced

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Oh Snapple! posted:

the dishonestly from someone who is presumably pretty well acquainted with how much our courts love sending black people to jail is pretty loving lol

clinton apparently even identifies them as african-american in her book, maybe, it's sort of not clear

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

I think people getting politically engaged and protesting is good even if they are layering some cringe culture thing on top of it. One of the reasons we are in this shitshow is the majority of the population just sitting around not giving a poo poo.

Costumes can even be effective but you should get a whole group together to do it, otherwise you are the one person the local news shows to mock the protest

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

consumed by normies posted:

im blocked by sady doyle apparently

she blocks everyone who follows anyone she doesn't like

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dreylad posted:

clinton apparently even identifies them as african-american in her book, maybe, it's sort of not clear

jfc ._.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Salon/status/880105042795266048

#theresistance sponsored by Panera Bread retweeted by Business Gorilla

imagine how mentally ill you have to be to still think you can just change a person's entire ideology by making a witty quip/pointing out their hypocrisy

liberalism is a mental disease

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

she blocks everyone who follows anyone she doesn't like

I'm assuming its like the constantly moist boy Arthur Chu where you follow any of the Chapo people and you're blocked?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

*dresses up like a wizard*

A gryffindor can not stand by and let such evil stand!

expecting- uh......patriots! yeah

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Dale Reed is that you? I'm a huge fan

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

GalacticAcid posted:

Good call.

I made a periodicals thread a long time ago in D&D. Maybe I'll do a new one tailor made for C-SPAM.

make it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

aside from the "you're white!" "no, YOU'RE white!" thing which has been well-documented

...do they not count as slaves if they're not black? Idg how she reached this conclusion

(also HRC said they were black herself lol)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

that's a pretty hot take

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

fits my needs posted:

*dresses up like a wizard*

A gryffindor can not stand by and let such evil stand!

expecting- uh......patriots! yeah

drat these people for getting out there and trying to affect positive change in a costume I don't like!!!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

loquacius posted:

aside from the "you're white!" "no, YOU'RE white!" thing which has been well-documented

...do they not count as slaves if they're not black? Idg how she reached this conclusion

(also HRC said they were black herself lol)

hillary clinton promised to only use trump voting white male inmates as her slaves in the future, thank god

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Will do -- should have time and inclination this weekend. I'll post a link ITT when it's done.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
dril tweets for some, jokes about tiny hands for others

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

owning cory gardner is a noble pursuit irregardless of whatever silly costume you decide to wear while doing it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cory gardner is scared of larpers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/felixgilman/status/880098671853023232

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

drat these people for getting out there and trying to affect positive change in a costume I don't like!!!

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/879767370235092992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

consumed by normies posted:

hillary clinton promised to only use trump voting white male inmates as her slaves in the future, thank god

I would be ok with this, but only if it was isolated to the more desolate and cold places of the country, under some sort of Main Camp Administration.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kennedy is a conservative tho and they all think obamacare is actual singlepayer lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Handmaids Tale costumes are kinda silly but this thread is worst when it's sniping and bickering at people literally trying to do anything other that post in the most hated thread on the most hated subforum of a bad message board.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

Handmaids Tale costumes are kinda silly but this thread is worst when it's sniping and bickering at people literally trying to do anything other that post in the most hated thread on the most hated subforum of a bad message board.

tbf its not even that good a costume, it looks like a cape and one of those old timey hat christian women in the 1800s would wear

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I;m thinking about thos memes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf its not even that good a costume, it looks like a cape and one of those old timey hat christian women in the 1800s would wear

That's basically what the costume is supposed to be tho

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

That's basically what the costume is supposed to be tho

shouldn't it be a red dress rather than a cape tho

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

zegermans posted:

the people that hate this thread are people im fine being hated by~

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Little further and she'll be at suck zone levels of nothing matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

shouldn't it be a red dress rather than a cape tho

Maybe? In my hazy recollections the red thing is a rain cloak dealie, over a dress which may or may not also be red

My wife and I stopped watching the show after the scene where Rory from Gilmore Girls gets genitally mutilated though because wtf

• Locked thread