Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Works for me, rear end in a top hat.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Th...the democrats...mommy the democrats won't help me violate the constitution :cry:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

That actually just looks like 2 rocks

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Oh gently caress off you disingenuous hack

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

But that's a......good cartoon.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ularg posted:

Are there democrat politicians who talk about nothing but Russia? I figured this was mostly a media thing they like to cover.

Because Russia having a hand in our election is a really big deal. It's not about trying to turn republicans on Trump, but not letting foreign governments use their powers and influence on other governments. There's also, you know, being able to care about more than one thing at the same time.
Its more that a lot of democrat pundits and politicians are using Russia as a excuse for their defeats and not having any self reflection of what the party has become and that maybe they should perhaps float the idea of trying to be more progressive.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

achillesforever6 posted:

Its more that a lot of democrat pundits and politicians are using Russia as a excuse for their defeats and not having any self reflection of what the party has become and that maybe they should perhaps float the idea of trying to be more progressive.

I can see you in 1973 smugly opining that if the Democrats hadn't got anything to hide, why did Nixon have their headquarters burgled?

The Russian meddling in US elections is a BIG DEAL, since if it is allowed to continue (as you seem to desire) then no election result will be trusted in the future - and when it doesn't go your way, perhaps you might feel that is a problem. Too many people seem to be like "I didn't want Hillary to win, so who cares whether Russia hacked her? She sucked." And I don't think you'd have been so relaxed if it had been Bernie/Trump (whoever your guy was) getting hacked.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

I can see you in 1973 smugly opining that if the Democrats hadn't got anything to hide, why did Nixon have their headquarters burgled?

The Russian meddling in US elections is a BIG DEAL, since if it is allowed to continue (as you seem to desire) then no election result will be trusted in the future - and when it doesn't go your way, perhaps you might feel that is a problem. Too many people seem to be like "I didn't want Hillary to win, so who cares whether Russia hacked her? She sucked." And I don't think you'd have been so relaxed if it had been Bernie/Trump (whoever your guy was) getting hacked.

You're reading quiiiiite a bit into that post, friendo

I'm not sure how you can translate "some Democrats are using the Russia thing as an excuse not to discuss issues" into "I actively support Russian interventionism in American politics" unless you're viewing the world through your Louise Mensch goggles

Whether Russian meddling is allowed to continue is not correlated to exactly how big a stink Democrats make of it in the meantime. Let Mueller do his job, and in the meantime, represent the interests of your constituency. :colbert:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the scariest part of this is that after you come out the other side of this hole you are $500,000 in debt

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Alhazred posted:

But that's a......good cartoon.

No, it would be a good cartoon if the elephants were inside a fortress with cannons pointed at the donkeys, while simultaneously whining to the media that those mean donkeys won't come work with them.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

DariusLikewise posted:

That actually just looks like 2 rocks

That's what YOU think

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Avirosb posted:

That's what YOU think

Awesome. I would say send it to him, but McKee is one of the ones who flips out about HURR DURR COPYRIGHT. Or maybe that's more reason to touch some poop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As annoying as BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY BAD continues to be, it says something that most republican shills can't even bring themselves to stump for the awful ACA replacement bill.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

loquacius posted:

You're reading quiiiiite a bit into that post, friendo

I'm not sure how you can translate "some Democrats are using the Russia thing as an excuse not to discuss issues" into "I actively support Russian interventionism in American politics" unless you're viewing the world through your Louise Mensch goggles

Whether Russian meddling is allowed to continue is not correlated to exactly how big a stink Democrats make of it in the meantime. Let Mueller do his job, and in the meantime, represent the interests of your constituency. :colbert:

Letting Mueller do his job is not mutually exclusive from making a big stink at any opportunity. Republicans did that for something much faker than this and it only benefitted them so I say go at it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Quorum posted:

Letting Mueller do his job is not mutually exclusive from making a big stink at any opportunity. Republicans did that for something much faker than this and it only benefitted them so I say go at it.

I'm imagining a bizarro D&D discussion on the Freep forums in 2013

one guy goes "guys, by focusing all our energy on the Benghazi thing we're letting Obummer get away with", I dunno, let's say "TAKIN ALL OUR GUNS"
and then another guy goes "What, are you saying you want our brave ambassadors to get killed even more in the future?"

Anyway my point is that just as Benghazi is fake but Russia is real, gun-grabbing is fake but the AHCA is real so we need to make sure we point sufficient outrage in that direction too thanks in advance

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

nice

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

loquacius posted:

It's more correlated than you might think. If the public loses interest, this will be quietly buried.

And raising a stink over it does not prevent also raising a stink over healthcare. Do you want the Republicans to be able to DOS the Democrats/the public by doing too many evil things to keep the public's attention on any single one?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Americans have a fetish for being crushed by massive testicles

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Avirosb posted:

That's what YOU think

Americans have a fetish for being crushed by massive nipple tassles

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

It's more correlated than you might think. If the public loses interest, this will be quietly buried.

(a) no it won't, if mueller finds a smoking gun it'll have exactly as much merit as it would with nobody paying attention before
(b) I'm not calling for the public to lose interest in it anyway :confused:

quote:

And raising a stink over it does not prevent also raising a stink over healthcare. Do you want the Republicans to be able to DOS the Democrats/the public by doing too many evil things to keep the public's attention on any single one?

The charge from achillesforever6's post is that some pols and pundits are using the Russia scandal to avoid talking about other things. If they talk about both things I'm fine. It just can't be all RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA all the time because you know what public outcry DOES affect? Whether unpopular bills make their way through Congress. :colbert:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

If obamacare is a ww1 era plane, trumpcare is

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Considering the fact that ACA isn't as great as it could be because they capitulated to republican whining, it isn't like you fuckers don't owe them. But by not voting for absolute poo poo, they are fixing it, dumbass.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Why not fix the plane that's not too damaged?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cloks posted:

Why not fix the plane that's not too damaged?

Imagine if you've been telling everyone for eight years that it was Hitler's plane and also that the plane is a rapist and possibly a race traitor.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wait, I thought that the Democrats refused to reach across the aisle and help?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Wait, I thought that the Democrats refused to reach across the aisle and help?

They're supposed to be reaching across the aisle by voting for it, not reaching across the aisle by offering feedback

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The classics never die.

Payne dutifully waves his pom-poms at this 1st & 30 situation for the Browns.

The Russia scandal is real and will kill the fake news trying to handwave it off.

Using a lava lamp as a green screen is a pretty novel idea.

The way his shirt is scruffed, it looks like the robot is pulling him back in. Branco is to action as Rall is to architecture. Also, nice McDonald's logo.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Avirosb posted:

That's what YOU think

:discourse:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

The way his shirt is scruffed, it looks like the robot is pulling him back in. Branco is to action as Rall is to architecture. Also, nice McDonald's logo.

Fun fact: 15$ a hour is about what you would make if you worked in in norwegian McDonalds.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alhazred posted:

Fun fact: 15$ a hour is about what you would make if you worked in in norwegian McDonalds.

Heh when's the last time Norway was top of the DOW JONES? That's what I thought.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sandpuppy posted:

McDonald's Stocks are soaring, buisness is booming!

Next on the agenda, it's been a hard year and that is why we can't afford to raise wages...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

World Famous W posted:

McDonald's Stocks are soaring, buisness is booming!

Next on the agenda, it's been a hard year and that is why we can't afford to raise wages...

the cartoon is actively cheerleading unnecessary layoffs

Branco is a broken person

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

loquacius posted:

the cartoon is actively cheerleading unnecessary layoffs

Branco is a broken person

The conservative mindset is that if you work at a McDonald's (or something similar) you don't deserve a living wage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

The conservative mindset is that if you work at a McDonald's (or something similar) you don't deserve a living wage.

See, he's torn, because on the one hand he likes McDonald's, but on the other hand he hates the idea of people who work at McDonald's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

loquacius posted:

See, he's torn, because on the one hand he likes McDonald's, but on the other hand he hates the idea of people who work at McDonald's

I doubt it's even that, he only likes McDonald's because he can vilify filthy poors for wanting to be less poor.

• Locked thread