Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played the PS4 version of Broforce for five minutes and decided it was another boring random pixel art indie game so I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
:same:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hey look it's every wii and wii u game

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Nah its missing funky barn

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
my number one desire for an indie game on the nine-then-dah swootch is Super Mega Baseball II. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNNr7eB50HI

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Drunk Tomato posted:

my number one desire for an indie game on the nine-then-dah swootch is Super Mega Baseball II. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNNr7eB50HI

wow.. switch would be the perfect platform for a baseball game. sigh, all these perfect games and no one wants to actually put them on the switch, sad

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

What incredibly bad taste

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone have tips on finding one of these? Maybe delivery dates to Target around the country are the same for example? I already setup NowInStock alerts.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have tips on finding one of these? Maybe delivery dates to Target around the country are the same for example? I already setup NowInStock alerts.

Best buy has a notify me alert thing up

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just sell my Switch between games, no reason to let value sit and rot.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Al Borland Corp. posted:

(Though Super is the version Japan gets, so I guess Star Fox 2 will come in at 22)

Why would they release two different versions of this and not just go with Super Street Fighter 2?

This takes me back to my childhood of missing the original SF2, seeing SF2 Turbo and being excited because I waited and got the superior version. Then being pissed 6 months later they had Super SF2 with the 4 new characters.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

ditty bout my clitty posted:

It's missing a lot of really good wii games actually.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What incredibly bad taste

The Wii game list is hilariously bad. If those were the only games that person bought for the Wii :lol:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

BOXBOXBOY for XBOXONEX

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Astro7x posted:

Why would they release two different versions of this and not just go with Super Street Fighter 2?

Because japan capcom and america capcom had different opinions about the speed the game should run at in the 90s and it was a very big fight with ripples that extend to the snes classic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Turbo is better than Super anyway

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Norns posted:

Best buy has a notify me alert thing up

I'm on the site and I only see a Sold Out button. Is the button on the Product page or is it somewhere else? For comparison, the Get In-Stock Alert on Wal-Mart's page just replaces the Cart button.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

I'm on the site and I only see a Sold Out button. Is the button on the Product page or is it somewhere else? For comparison, the Get In-Stock Alert on Wal-Mart's page just replaces the Cart button.

Best Buy's app still lists it as "coming soon". Nothing has gone live anywhere in NA.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Morby posted:

Best Buy's app still lists it as "coming soon". Nothing has gone live anywhere in NA.
This is the Nintendo Switch thread.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Turbo is better than Super anyway

I too enjoy fewer playable characters

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

This is the Nintendo Switch thread.

Whoop! Sorry! Both threads are kinda melding together for me.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It should have come with Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nalin posted:

It should have come with Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Nintendo and capcom had some antagonism back then. Nintendo punished capcom for putting sf2 on genesis by demanding that the next game require a larger order of carts than capcom could sell or something like that. Its been a while since i heard the story. Some of that may be wrong. Supposedly part of capcoms move away from nintendo 64 to dreamcast and ps1 in addition to other factors.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I did this last week trying to desperately sell a ton of junk and old consoles but got lucky and ended up with like 85% bonus store credit, nearly $500. It was really weird, I walked in expecting way less than $200. I don't know what I'm going to do with $500 in gamestop bucks.

Buy a bunch of eshop credit. That's what I did.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Bloop posted:

I too enjoy fewer playable characters

Cammy is the only good new character and speed options are more important.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo and capcom had some antagonism back then. Nintendo punished capcom for putting sf2 on genesis by demanding that the next game require a larger order of carts than capcom could sell or something like that. Its been a while since i heard the story. Some of that may be wrong. Supposedly part of capcoms move away from nintendo 64 to dreamcast and ps1 in addition to other factors.

I don't have a lot of details but I've heard many times that whenever Nintendo are or have been on top of the console wars, they act like compete assholes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I played the PS4 version of Broforce for five minutes and decided it was another boring random pixel art indie game so I think not.

It's actually extremely cool and good and is probably one of the best couch co op games out there.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Snek game is fun as gently caress but is this accurate? I did two levels and the savegame says 9% complete. Is that just for a set of levels or is that seriously 9% through the entire game? I know people said it was short but this is /shoooort/ if accurate

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The levels get longer and harder, but yes. It also includes item collection in that percentage.

The last stage is like an hour or more long though if you try to grab everything at once.

I think if it was too much longer than it was it would have gotten boring.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Martytoof posted:

Snek game is fun as gently caress but is this accurate? I did two levels and the savegame says 9% complete. Is that just for a set of levels or is that seriously 9% through the entire game? I know people said it was short but this is /shoooort/ if accurate

I believe that percent only counts the levels that you've completed and not the collectibles in each level. That being said, yeah, it's pretty short.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
So who else is seriously considering getting MHXX and just relying on icons to get us through?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I thought I could put down Isaac for some Cave Story but nope! Turns out I haven't even unlocked the actual final boss.

The amount of content in that game is mind-blowing. I'm aware that it's been updated a lot over the years, but I really feel like they haven't cut corners, either: I just wiki-looked at all the sprites created just for that fight. Lazier games would've palette-swapped.

Though I will say that portable Cave Story with buttons has been nice so far. Though I don't know why the protagonist now looks like a beach bum.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hammer Bro. posted:

I thought I could put down Isaac for some Cave Story but nope! Turns out I haven't even unlocked the actual final boss.

The amount of content in that game is mind-blowing. I'm aware that it's been updated a lot over the years, but I really feel like they haven't cut corners, either: I just wiki-looked at all the sprites created just for that fight. Lazier games would've palette-swapped.

Though I will say that portable Cave Story with buttons has been nice so far. Though I don't know why the protagonist now looks like a beach bum.

Isaac literally has a 1000+ hours of content. It’s ridiculous.

Your character in Cave Story changes appearance depending on what difficulty is set. Sounds like you set it to hard.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's literally on the box, Super Nintendo. How is this even a discussion?

Ralph Wiggum doesn't say "Snezz Chalmers." End of discussion.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Cammy is the only good new character and speed options are more important.

FeiLong was fun to hi hi hi waazzaaaaaah with

And do you really play at multiple speeds frequently? I assume people settle into one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

wow.. switch would be the perfect platform for a baseball game. sigh, all these perfect games and no one wants to actually put them on the switch, sad

Isn't there some neogeo baseball game? I'm sure that's gonna get ported.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

VideoGames posted:

:getin: This is my heel turn!!!

I saw this coming, claiming HZD is goty in the year of BotW. HZD is definitely my PS4 goty, but it doesn't even compare to BotW.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao that's like $19 worth of trade in at GameStop

People love to poo poo on Gamestop, but as someone who has relied on trading in old games to continue my gaming habit using ebay/gamestop/Samart, Gamestop is usually the best place especially when they have trade in deals. They are currently offering a 60% bonus if you trade in 6 games or more. So $300+ for that pic is definitely not unreasonable. Pretty sure that is before the additional 10% pro bonus as well, so yea it would be a 70% bonus.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 29, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isaac literally has a 1000+ hours of content. It’s ridiculous.

If only they could translate all that content into fun :agesilaus:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

The Bloop posted:

And do you really play at multiple speeds frequently? I assume people settle into one.

Most people would settle on the fastest speed. SF2 is best at the fastest speeds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

I saw this coming, claiming HZD is goty in the year of BotW. HZD is definitely my PS4 goty, but it doesn't even compare to BotW.

People love to poo poo on Gamestop, but as someone who has relied on trading in old games to continue my gaming habit using ebay/gamestop/Samart, Gamestop is usually the best place especially when they have trade in deals. They are currently offering a 60% bonus if you trade in 6 games or more. So $300+ for that pic is definitely not unreasonable.

gamestop is weird cause they'll give you like 4 dollars for something amazon only gives 1 for sometimes but much more often they give you like 17 for something amazon gives you 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ventana posted:

Most people would settle on the fastest speed. SF2 is best at the fastest speeds.

Right, so who cares if you can select four slower speeds?

• Locked thread