Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think that strongly depends on:

1) Who your other catchers are
2) What catchers are available if you only have one

In my Yahoo league Mike Zunino is the highest rated catcher on waivers. Thankfully, I have Gary Sanchez and Ty Flowers.

I picked up Devin Mesoraco, and Castillo, Martin, Hedges, TdA, etc. are on waivers. Seems like most people in my pro leagues only carry one catcher. So I wouldn't be hosed over if someone picked up Schwarber, unless he's gonna turn back into Rookie Schwarber and go on a tear in the second half.

Also it's gonna suck to drop my 4th round pick but I'd get over it :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm about to drop Lucroy as my waiver claim for Jimmy Nelson. 8-teamer, so nobody wants to trade for him, and Sanchez has been my everyday C anyway.

It just feels...wrong.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Which side wins? Conforto or (Mazara + Fulmer)?

I'd be getting the pair and am leaning heavily towards accepting it but this guy always sends me terrible offers so I'm immediately suspicious that I'm misjudging this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm about to drop Lucroy as my waiver claim for Jimmy Nelson. 8-teamer, so nobody wants to trade for him, and Sanchez has been my everyday C anyway.

It just feels...wrong.

You really need to throw out everything you're used to when you're dealing with tiny leagues, the talent pool is so bloated that guys who are solid starters for a normal league are waiver trash.

Murmur Twin posted:

Which side wins? Conforto or (Mazara + Fulmer)?

I'd be getting the pair and am leaning heavily towards accepting it but this guy always sends me terrible offers so I'm immediately suspicious that I'm misjudging this.

Who are you dropping to make room for Fulmer?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

You really need to throw out everything you're used to when you're dealing with tiny leagues, the talent pool is so bloated that guys who are solid starters for a normal league are waiver trash.

Yup. I'm playing a pitcher short, with Thor and Keuchel on the DL. I was hoping to wait out Dallas, but it's looking like it's gonna beat least a few more weeks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

IcePhoenix posted:

Who are you dropping to make room for Fulmer?

I also have Matt Chapman in my DL spot.

I'd probably get rid of Schwarber or Tyler Anderson. Also, I'm in a league with a maximum of 45 FA/WW acquisitions and I've used 34 of them because gently caress Pitching so that plays a role (I feel like it's in my best interest to have a lot of good pitchers because at some point I'll be unable to make changes). The main reason I still have Schwarber/Anderson is that there hasn't been anyone who feels worth burning a move on.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is there some warning sign with chris taylor? his babip is high but he's fast and has posted high babips consistently. his batted ball stats are looking good too.

some dude just dropped him in my obp/slg league. he seems pretty drat solid for a 2b/ss/3b/of. got to pick him up, i guess?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

is there some warning sign with chris taylor? his babip is high but he's fast and has posted high babips consistently. his batted ball stats are looking good too.

some dude just dropped him in my obp/slg league. he seems pretty drat solid for a 2b/ss/3b/of. got to pick him up, i guess?

Yeah Taylor's a must-add IMO. He's playing everyday even with Joc, Turner and Forsythe healthy. He never showed much power before this year, but does have a track record of hitting for AVG and stealing bases, like you said.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hi friends. I would appreciate some feedback on a trade I'm considering proposing. Work league is a 7 team AL-only points league. I'm currently sitting in 3rd, but I'm closer to 1st than I am to 4th.

Jonathan Schoop is just sitting out there as a free agent and is currently the 21st highest scoring player in our league (185 points). It's making me consider dealing Altuve for help elsewhere. Points with our scoring in brackets.

My lineup:

C: McCann (134), Ramos (1)
1B: Santana (178)
2B: Altuve (234.5)
3B: Seager (152), Beltre (80), Moustakas (180)
SS: Gregorius (128), Tim Beckham (101)
OF: JD Martinez (125), Springer (213), Khris Davis (160.5), Trey Mancini (143)

We start C/1B/2B/3B/SS/OF/OF/OF/UTIL so I can only start 2 3B at a time. I've been trying to move one for weeks. I'm considering offering Altuve/Moustakas for Bogaerts (198.5)/Nelson Cruz (191). Dropped Hicks for Mancini, but I'd drop him for Schoop. Ramos/Beckham are just guys to make up games to try to maximise my starts (Beckham is 1B, 2B, SS eligible)

I love Altuve but I feel like a starting lineup of McCann/Santana/Schoop/Seager/Bogaerts/Martinez/Springer/Cruz/Beltre is probably stronger going forward than my current McCann/Santana/Altuve/Seager/Gregorius/Martinez/Springer/Davis/Beltre lineup.

Thoughts?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/CSNMooney/status/880245987738099712

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: Guys are going on the DL just for being in slumps, there's no way Bryant isn't going on it after having to be helped off the field.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
7 fuckin HRs today, the only guys in my lineup who didn't hit one were Votto, JDM, Dickerson, and Taylor and Votto and Dickerson had a combined OBP of .555

:getin:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I'm in first place in my OBP league. Someone dropped Benintendi.

Yoink.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I'm in first place in my OBP league. Someone dropped Benintendi.

Yoink.

WHY????????

Seriously, who'd they pick up?

Also, at the start of June, I was in 2nd but down about 16 pts in my Yahoo league. I am now tied for 1st.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

WHY????????

Seriously, who'd they pick up?

Also, at the start of June, I was in 2nd but down about 16 pts in my Yahoo league. I am now tied for 1st.

They picked up Michael A. Taylor.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I'm ahead 3.4 to 5.4 in ERA so far this week. Joe Ross couldn't do but so bad against the Cubs this afternoon riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

They picked up Michael A. Taylor.

That seems stupid in an OBP league, Benintendi's OBP is 40 pts higher and Taylor has one more homer. Is he trying to pick up SB or something?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Tigers score 7 runs today and somehow Avila is 0-3 with 1BB and 3Ks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Tigers score 7 runs today and somehow Avila is 0-3 with 1BB and 3Ks.

He's the only one that hits when the rest of the team is garbage so it's okay for him to be the turd in the punch bowl every now and then.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Turner my stolen bases noooo

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Paperback Writer posted:

Turner my stolen bases noooo

Oh my God. Looks like I'm punting Steals for the next 8-10 weeks. My next highest guy is Adam Duvall, with 4 stolen bags on the year.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cameron Maybin is better than this Trea Turner fellow you keep mentioning.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Come on Nats, put Turner on the DL.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I have replaced Trea Turner with Andrelton Simmons.

Sad!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

edit: nevermind

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The last time I benched Machado he went 4-4 with 2 HRs. I've played him every game since then and he's done really gently caress-all.

He's bad.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Marwin Gonzalez an everyday player? He's part of a trade that was offered to me and I'm kind of desperate for a SS with Turner injured. I know he's playing great but is this a guy who will randomly be benched for a few games at a time? I don't follow the Astros closely.

Deal was Gonzalez, Bregman, and Manaea for Carrasco, Reddick, and Mallex Smith. I'm loaded in the outfield but a mess in the infield (1B, SS, and 3B). Have the best pitching in the league by a wide margin already.

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 1, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I would make that deal regardless.

Carrasco would be the only player with real value you're dealing away, and Manaea is good, then you flip two part-timers for two everyday guys on a roaring offense? Yes please.

EDIT: oh actually Reddick and Gonzalez have played the same amount of games, I thought Reddick was getting more aggressively platooned. Still, that's dealing from strength, so I still say yes.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 1, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

I would make that deal regardless.

Carrasco would be the only player with real value you're dealing away, and Manaea is good, then you flip two part-timers for two everyday guys on a roaring offense? Yes please.

EDIT: oh actually Reddick and Gonzalez have played the same amount of games, I thought Reddick was getting more aggressively platooned. Still, that's dealing from strength, so I still say yes.

Yeah I'd much rather have Gonzalez because he can fill in at SS for me. I don't follow the Astros enough to know if he's going to be playing everyday or if he's just filling in for guys that get hurt and might see his playing time drop to a part-time player.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So...like...drop Gerrit Cole? I'm sick of his bullshit and it seems like it's time, but before tonight he was on a good run and I don't want to be the guy who puts a legit #2 fantasy starter (when he's not sucking) on the wire just as he's about to turn it around. He is getting knocked around something stupid and I could for sure use that bench spot..

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 1, 2017

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Who will be Rangers new closer?
Should I take a chance on Maurer? Give up on Bush?

Also, do I keep or drop Meloncon?

Can of Cloud fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 1, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pitching is awful.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alex Wood is the best waiver pitcher pickup I've ever had.

It'd be nice if he wasn't doing it for my real team's greatest rival, but them's the breaks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
2012 Kris Medlen was probably my best pickup. Poor guy shredded his elbow.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I got Kluber in 2014 off waivers. He had a few bad starts to start the season and someone dropped him. I can't remember back then but I don't think he was seen as a sure thing.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can of Cloud posted:

Who will be Rangers new closer?

Kela?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Corey Dickerson and Andrelton Simmons are pretty rad rn

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rand alPaul posted:

The last time I benched Machado he went 4-4 with 2 HRs. I've played him every game since then and he's done really gently caress-all.

He's bad.

I'm glad I flipped Judge for him.

HES GOING TO BE ON FIRE IN AUGUST JUST YOU WAIT

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

Alex Wood is the best waiver pitcher pickup I've ever had.

It'd be nice if he wasn't doing it for my real team's greatest rival, but them's the breaks.

I'm a god at picking up aces from the waiver. Jose Fernandez's rookie year, Dallas Keuchel's crazy year, Corey Kluber's 2014, Kyle Hendricks last year, Arrieta a few years ago, Jeurys Familia as a speculation pickup when Jenrry Mejia had one bad game.

Now if only I could get a batter. My only great waiver wire pickup for that was like Lance Berkman that one year he went nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I'd put my money on Kela, at least to start with.

https://twitter.com/Sullivan_Ranger/status/881187212859252736

Can of Cloud posted:

Also, do I keep or drop Meloncon?

I'm on the verge of dropping him. Not even so much about his repeatedly elbow injuries now, but because the Giants will never be in a position for him to get another save this year.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 1, 2017

• Locked thread