Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This man just said Joakim Noah is the best passing Big in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
He isn't even the best passing Big with the letter J O and K in his name

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How many players are left on Houston's roster and what kind of cap space is left for them?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How many players are left on Houston's roster and what kind of cap space is left for them?

Current Rockets roster:
Ryan Anderson
Trevor Ariza
Bobby Brown
Clint Capela
Eric Gordon
James Harden
Isaiah Hartenstein
Ryan Kelly
Chinanu Onuaku
Chris Paul
Tim Quarterman
Isaiah Taylor
Troy Williams
Shawn Long

but ask again in 15 minutes

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

NickRoweFillea posted:

This man just said Joakim Noah is the best passing Big in the game

I mean, it was true in his prime

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm not a fan of including Harrell :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if they'll just offer Ibaka a deal. They need a big man other than Capela and Anderson.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/880094306673078272

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Backup bigs are extremely fungible

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

G-Hawk posted:

Current Rockets roster:
Ryan Anderson
Trevor Ariza
Bobby Brown
Clint Capela
Eric Gordon
James Harden
Isaiah Hartenstein
Ryan Kelly
Chinanu Onuaku
Chris Paul
Tim Quarterman
Isaiah Taylor
Troy Williams
Shawn Long

but ask again in 15 minutes

real excited for onuaku to get real minutes. I wanna see as many underhand free throws as possible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Yeah but we'll see which team's situation is better in two years

e: Wait when did Troy Williams find his way back on the Rockets?

e2: Oh wait that was Troy Daniels :downs:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/880155224597344256

Sign him to the Bulls.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

attackmole posted:

real excited for onuaku to get real minutes. I wanna see as many underhand free throws as possible.

he might be on a different team tomorrow but yeah. i'm not sure i'd put more than a 50% chance on any of those players being there in october aside from Harden, Paul, and maybe Ariza.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Holy poo poo this guy is worse than the sycophants in the Chicago media - I didn't even think that was possible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good on the kings. That's a class move.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder posted:

Yeah but we'll see which team's situation is better in two years

That's the great thing with Ainge, he'll always have free hamburgers tomorrow

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

He won the Mavs last game (his only game with the team) causing the Kings to have a one game worse record, move up in the draft, and swap their pick with Philly. Basically he stopped the Mavs from having the third pick. He looked like a potential end of rotation player in that one game.

Liggins has talent and has dominated in summer league/the d-league. He's showed glimpses as an end of rotation player, it's just coupled with the knowledge that he tried to smash his girlfriend's head in with an xbox

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

That's the great thing with Ainge, he'll always have free hamburgers tomorrow

Your Danny Ainge obsession is strange

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Liggins has talent and has dominated in summer league/the d-league. He's showed glimpses as an end of rotation player, it's just coupled with the knowledge that he tried to smash his girlfriend's head in with an xbox

Oh that's real and his son was in the room, what the hell

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/deandre-liggins-accused-dropping-xbox-360-girlfriend-article-1.1446313

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I really don't get the media's love affair with Ainge outside of all the usual Boston media connections

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

attackmole posted:

goddamn that is a lot of guys moving for one dude

I mean it's worth it, but gently caress.

I mean, it's like 3 guys and a bunch of pieces of paper. Most of those guys will never see a Clippers uniform.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Philadlephia is obsessed with Boston and the celtics

It's up there with Dallas Cowboys obsession

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I used to think it was a bit of a shame that DeAndre Liggins wasn't getting minutes, now I kinda hope he dies in a fire

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
jesus fuckin christ, at least it wasn't an OG XBox, that'd be attempted murder

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Would be a good TWolves pickup

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lockback posted:

Would be a good TWolves pickup

He's destined to be an Indiana Pacer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah there is a thousand teams who would take a flier on Mclemore.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mandrel posted:

I really don't get the media's love affair with Ainge outside of all the usual Boston media connections

It's a mutually beneficial arragenement, he leaks them their lofty targets and then morose explanations that the other team just wanted too much for the all NBA player he was this close to trading 2 second round picks and Marcus Smart for

euphronius posted:

We'll see what NBA teams think of him depending whether or not the Nets try to sign him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

poo poo, your guys should be lining up. So should the Raptors. Both need a SG who can shoot reasonably well from outside and he'll probably be cost-effective, too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Come to the Bulls and he will get all the minutes he could ever want.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

euphronius posted:

And we're going to need guards since Teague, Aaron Brooks, and CJ Miles are probably gone. Just leaves Lance, GR3, Monta Can Have It All, and Mighty Joe Young.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Houston is on a next-level Moneyball plan where they get the most hated players in the league. Looking forward to the trade for Draymond

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

Your Danny Ainge obsession is strange

As a fan of a perpetually bad team, I just like seeing the league tear itself up during the off-season. I have no patience for GMs that tease

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

And we're going to need guards since Teague, Aaron Brooks, and CJ Miles are probably gone. Just leaves Lance, GR3, Monta Can Have It All, and Mighty Joe Young.

Joe Young is out the door as soon as PG leaves I bet.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

As a fan of a perpetually bad team, I just like seeing the league tear itself up during the off-season. I have no patience for GMs that tease

Hahah when you put it like that, I can appreciate it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i'm putting it in this thread

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/880160016912842754

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Houston is on a next-level Moneyball plan where they get the most hated players in the league. Looking forward to the trade for Draymond

I feel like the only player less tradeable on GSW than Green is Durant (he's re-signing, probably for obscene money).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Sacramento Kings have made it abundantly clear throughout the season how much they wanted to bring Bogdan Bogdanovic. And they are about to seriously pay him. Big time. Bogdanovic is set to become the highest-paid rookie in the history of the NBA. That’s because although he’ going to be a first-timer in the league, he’s gone well past the salary rookie-scale since he was drafted back in 2014.

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/471895/bogdanovic-become-highest-paid-rookie-nba-history/

3 years/36m
It's time for Bogdan son of Bogdan to come challegenge Bojan son of Bogdan

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Sacramento Kings have made it abundantly clear throughout the season how much they wanted to bring Bogdan Bogdanovic. And they are about to seriously pay him. Big time. Bogdanovic is set to become the highest-paid rookie in the history of the NBA. That’s because although he’ going to be a first-timer in the league, he’s gone well past the salary rookie-scale since he was drafted back in 2014.

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/471895/bogdanovic-become-highest-paid-rookie-nba-history/

3 years/36m
It's time for Bogdan son of Bogdan to come challegenge Bojan son of Bogdan

I was wondering why they'd let McLemore walk for nothing, this makes a lot more sense than Malachi's minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
no regrets. BRING IT BACK. BRING IT BACK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All-Star_Legends_Game

• Locked thread