Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just found out that there's a Game of Thrones version of Jinteki at https://www.theironthrone.net

It's not as good as jinteki, but it works for getting my fix in since I can only find games like twice a month at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Deviant posted:

Woo, got an L5R ticket in the second lot of seats.
:downs::hf::fap:

I did too!

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 11, 2017

LordNat
May 16, 2009
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/14/masters-of-war/
Lion Spoilers are up.

Looks fairly interesting and distinct from Crane (the other "combat" faction), more focused on big pushes and expendable armies. I like the theme of sticky big dudes with a bunch of expendable smaller ones.

Edit: IMGUR of cards spoiled: https://imgur.com/a/qZDDb
For those who are at work.

LordNat fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 14, 2017

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Picked up AGoT LCG, played one match with the recommended starter decks with a friend, and immediately went out and bought the second core set. Thanks, thread, this game is astounding!

I'm sure it's been brought up before & I'm going to dig, but if anyone has it off hand: What's the best website to look up some decks to play around with? I am going to create as many house decks as I can and have them all ready for my friends!!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Crane is in no way a combat faction.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Quidthulhu posted:

Picked up AGoT LCG, played one match with the recommended starter decks with a friend, and immediately went out and bought the second core set. Thanks, thread, this game is astounding!

I'm sure it's been brought up before & I'm going to dig, but if anyone has it off hand: What's the best website to look up some decks to play around with? I am going to create as many house decks as I can and have them all ready for my friends!!

Thronesdb.com

Enjoy, but don't rush to buy the expansions. Enjoy the card pool slowly so you can get the experience of the game and factions growing and being fleshed out.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bottom Liner posted:

Thronesdb.com

Enjoy, but don't rush to buy the expansions. Enjoy the card pool slowly so you can get the experience of the game and factions growing and being fleshed out.

That's my plan! Especially since I just bought a 3rd core set.... :3:

I found this set of 5 starter faction decks I'm gonna begin with, then I'll do some digging on Thronesdb:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgameofthronesLCG/comments/5xdaef/looking_for_2_balanced_simple_straightforward/

Let me know if those 5 look trash. :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Corbeau posted:

Crane is in no way a combat faction.

Somewhere there is a dude with a harrier deck fuming.

I think he meant that they're focused on doing stuff in conflicts, specifically political ones.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Somewhere there is a dude with a harrier deck fuming.

I think he meant that they're focused on doing stuff in conflicts, specifically political ones.

I did mean that thank you.

I hope we see Crab next, they are my back up clan since Mantis is not a thing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tyrell is getting the next AGoT big box expansion:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/20/house-of-thorns/

The maester agenda looks pretty interesting.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I'm not sure where to ask this, but it's concerning a LCG (specifically Arkham Horror LCG).

I'd like to get some custom cards for AH printed for my buddy's birthday in a few months that meet the quality that the normal cards for the game are made to. Any idea where I would go for something like that?

I'm still planning everything out, but the printing was something I was unsure on.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Holy poo poo that Mace Tyrell...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It's too bad that the "Flickering" mechanic looks to just be on Mace. I always liked that mechanic in Magic and would love to see some more cards using it in aGoT2e.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mace and the new Margery both look really good (she's the first character with three versions in this edition, right?). I'd daresay that Tyrell may soon rival Lannister in terms of character power. That passive power gain on Mace could be interesting, might lead to another annoying do-nothing style deck. Also the new 2 for 2 limited location is interesting, gives them a ton of options for econ.

Also like the Maester agenda, could see that competing with Fealty for decks that otherwise don't really have a natural agenda as adding Cressen and Aemon seems strong. Although putting in 12 may be a bit taxing.

I'm sure the order was determined a long while ago, but it's kinda odd to see Tyrell be next. I would've expected Bara. Really hope Martell is next because they could still use a lot of help.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

Following up on my own post, I've been playing a ton of VS System and it's really fun. I love how the main set gives you a playset of every card and a sturdy-as-hell box to keep everything in with room for all the expansions. It's such a solid game that I'm willing to look past the fact that I don't really like comic book stuff. I love the Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy movies, which makes me really happy that I've put together a deck with most of my favorite characters and a bunch of Aliens and it plays really well. There's fourteen people who play at my LGS, which is fourteen more people than play any other LCG at the shop (also, fourteen more people than play constructed Magic there :( ) so it's a decent sized crowd.

Oh hey, another person that plays VS. I'm a little worried about the quality of design due to some of the stuff in Legacy but I also only play once a week with my one friend and we just pick different MCs to build around instead of trying to refine competitive decks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Oh man the Maester agenda looks fun. Mace is beastly, and Margery looks strong too.

Really hope the Knights rush deck gets some good synergy too, that's one of my favorite decks for the silly poo poo it can do.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

cenotaph posted:

Oh hey, another person that plays VS. I'm a little worried about the quality of design due to some of the stuff in Legacy but I also only play once a week with my one friend and we just pick different MCs to build around instead of trying to refine competitive decks.

Yeah, Thor is OP right now. The last two major events have been six Thor decks and two anti-Thor decks in the top 8, and Thor was about 50% of the field. There are MCs that people just can't play because they auto-lose to Thor. What surprises me is that people are just going "Just play anti-Thor decks, git gud!". In Magic, if a deck was dominating and invalidating loads of other strategies, players would be screaming for a ban and it would happen.

Jessica Jones is a super powerful card that goes in almost any deck, but at least there's ways around her such as lethal characters.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

Yeah, Thor is OP right now. The last two major events have been six Thor decks and two anti-Thor decks in the top 8, and Thor was about 50% of the field. There are MCs that people just can't play because they auto-lose to Thor. What surprises me is that people are just going "Just play anti-Thor decks, git gud!". In Magic, if a deck was dominating and invalidating loads of other strategies, players would be screaming for a ban and it would happen.

Jessica Jones is a super powerful card that goes in almost any deck, but at least there's ways around her such as lethal characters.

I just don't know what they were thinking designing a six health, flying, self-buffing mc with a direct damage ability. While everyone was assuming Thor would be the new avengers mc I was thinking that they couldn't print him with the same lighting strike ability as his sc because. But here we are!

JJ is pushing it but any deck that really depends on playing yellow can probably work around her. Although making characters of her power level in a game with relatively few deckbuilding restrictions can lead to goodstuff.dec like the 2nd place Thor deck at the UK tournament.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

tehinternet posted:

I'm not sure where to ask this, but it's concerning a LCG (specifically Arkham Horror LCG).

I'd like to get some custom cards for AH printed for my buddy's birthday in a few months that meet the quality that the normal cards for the game are made to. Any idea where I would go for something like that?

I'm still planning everything out, but the printing was something I was unsure on.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I had a custom Descent expansion printed at printerstudio.com once. The quality was very similar to the real Descent cards, and indistinguishable when sleeved. Fairly expensive though (41.95 plus shipping for 252 cards).

LordNat
May 16, 2009
A L5R LCG mod has been posted up for Tabletop Simulator.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932563955

Only 2 Clans revealed to a playable point still but we get Dragon later this week.
Going to test some tonight if anyone is interested.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
L5R Dragon Clan preview article is up.

As expected they're all about attachments, even down to being able to play some of their characters as attachments instead.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

L5R Dragon Clan preview article is up.

As expected they're all about attachments, even down to being able to play some of their characters as attachments instead.

Attachments and playing with the rings. Looks really interesting for combo players.
Things like spending fate to rings then getting it kind of back with Enlightened Warrior.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The most mechanically interesting clan we've seen so far, but I'm still itching to find out about Phoenix.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

So Yokuni with Way of the Dragon, if I'm reading it right could copy 2 abilities and use them each twice. That sounds freaking awesome.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

That's exactly how they suggest it, yeah.

I'm interested in l5r but for now it's sounding like a variant on AGOT and I'm not sure I'm seeing the hook.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
My L5R fiction went up today. Feels pretty good, I missed writing for L5R.

I managed to get into the Thursday tournament at GenCon, if there are goons there look for the guy who looks like he has no idea what he's doing.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Spookyelectric posted:

I managed to get into the Thursday tournament at GenCon, if there are goons there look for the guy who looks like he has no idea what he's doing.

I will be there in my Isawa Tadaka cosplay! Its happening! I was so happy to see him in your story! :kingsley:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, is anyone willing to teach GoT LCG online? I've been wanting to get into a new LCG and wanna wait on L5R

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Well I just decided to teach myself and I'm already doing kinda okayish. It's a change from being straight loving garbage at Conquest

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

Spookyelectric posted:

I liked it. Not sure if I just like Phoenix aesthetic/lore in general or the writing, but I like it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

StashAugustine posted:

Well I just decided to teach myself and I'm already doing kinda okayish. It's a change from being straight loving garbage at Conquest

If you still want some teaching, I'd be glad to sometime this weekend.

Conquest has some stuff going on that I always thought was counter-intuitive and it's also easy to put yourself in blowout situations which I don't think is nearly the case with GoT. Also I think you can tag your games as either casual or learning online which I recommend (two of the better decks currently are pretty non-interactive and require very specific counters to beat). And if anyone does drop the Viper combo deck or Builders in a casual/learning game, feel free to call them an rear end and disconnect.

Spookyelectric posted:

I'm gonna end up buying into this dumb game just for the presentation/lore. I will say I was probably more pleased than I should've been that they decided to keep a lot of the original characters.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would like to get into a LCG,and it would be my first ever one...I bought Call of Cthulu and Arkham Horror but they seem kind of intense in knowing what you have to do. is the best thing I should do is kind of brute force through either or those? Or is there a more "begginner" LCG I should stick too?

Thanks guys

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Call of Cthulu is dead and no one plays it anymore so idk about it, Arkham Horror is good and it's solo/coop so you don't have to be up on the meta or anything.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have anyone to play these games against except my girlfriend so not worried about the scene lol but I'll try to learn this arkham horror.

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don't have anyone to play these games against except my girlfriend so not worried about the scene lol but I'll try to learn this arkham horror.

I play AH with my SO and it's tons of fun and as hardcore as you want it to be, so it's very good for beginners. There's a dedicated thread for it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806880

Also, arkhamdb.com is a good deck building site for it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oh hey. I have everything for arkham, come over and play a full campaign!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm down if you don't mind explaining

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sure, it's an easy game to learn, just fiddly to figure out setup with all the cards. I'll email you when I'm back in town.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Awesome yeah thanks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
If this town of yours is Atlanta, count me in.