Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

lemon-lyme disease posted:

This is what I understood it to mean. If someone will cheat with you, they'll eventually cheat on you. It's been true in my experience, mostly.

Yes, this is what I was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

lemon-lyme disease posted:

This is what I understood it to mean. If someone will cheat with you, they'll eventually cheat on you. It's been true in my experience, mostly.

Everyone I've known who has stolen a partner from someone else this way has had him or her step out. One girl I knew in grad school even bragged to everyone about how she stole her hunk away from some skank. Worked drat hard at it, too. Lingerie, copious amounts of raucous sex, spending stacks of cash on him, until she finally had him reeled in and he broke it off with his old girlfriend after months of cheating on her. Of course, once she got what she wanted, the gravy train stopped, and shortly thereafter someone else came along offering him the same ride she'd given him and guess what happened :laugh:

Not exactly the best foundation to build a relationship on, starting by cheating, you know? If you can convince him or her to cheat, surely someone else can do the same. "No way, we're ~in love~ and destined for each other like in the movies he'd never do that"

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

loquacius posted:

Skipping: another Alex Jones conspiracy fesh. It has aliens and stuff so I would have posted it if it wasn't also anti-Semitic.

:sax: :sax: :sax: :sax: :sax:

quote:

I used to perv on my 17 year old step sister constantly. Saw her titties, sniffed her panties and socks, once jerked myself off with her pantyhose. Regular teen stuff.

Uhhhhh... no.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

soy posted:

I am not looking forward to all the smug late 30s goons there will be in a few years once previously unfuckable dorks realize that impressionable young women will do anything you say if you even remotely resemble a father figure.

I count on it. :smug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I was in a frat in college. We had an annual "beach party" where we filled a room with sand, threw up some lovely decorations, and invited people to come in swimsuits.

At one of these parties I got a girl really drunk and, after she passed out, took off her swimsuit. I did other things then and deserve all of the hatred in the world for this. 2 brothers and I then dragged this girl outside and made it look like she passed out walking home. She went to campus authorities the next day but things were quietly brushed aside and we never got in any kind of trouble.

My fraternity had a history of issues (alcohol poisoning, vandalism, assaults against girls) and continued to have them for the next few years. Then someone died during a hazing incident and the frat was permanently shut down. I felt relief for 2 reasons - no one else would be hurt and the past was buried forever and nobody would discover what I did.

Several months ago I was contacted by a reporter for NPR doing a story on Greek life and the issues associated. I don't believe she contacted me thinking I was connected to anything, I think it's just due to me being in that frat for 4 years and being around during some high profile incidents. To not seem guilty of anything I agreed and have been corresponding via email since then and doing the occasional Skype meeting or conference call. I don't know if this stuff will ever air or in what form. I admit there are problems in the Greek system, there was a major problem with covering it up and dismissing it as "kids being kids", and say that I would not be in a fraternity if I could relive my life. I do not mention what I did, and no one ever asked me about it directly or indirectly.

I believe someone else has access to this info, or perhaps it's the original reporter, because I have also begun getting letters in the mail "urging" me to confess what I did.

Saying things like "You cheated justice once, you won't get to again" and "I'd confess, if I were you" and "That girl paid for your lies, time for you to balance the scales". Someone who most definitely knows what I did and wants me to confess.

The statute of limitations has passed (I think, I'm not lawyer) but I know that bringing this up would destroy the life I've made for myself. It was all nearly 2 decades ago, the time for bringing it up is long past.

The letters have been getting more and more violent, though. I shared with you some early ones. A few days ago one came with a broken watch and simply said "Time's almost up".

There is no return address and, when I took the envelope to the post office, I was told they couldn't track where it came from. I have yet to go to the police because I don't want to answer questions about this.

To add another wrinkle, for about a year now an old frat brother and I have been keeping in touch via facebook. I initially suspected he was behind those letters for some reason. He has not mentioned anything about it, and in fact he wasn't even at the party that night to know what happened. But I suppose someone else could have talked to him about it.

I have tried contacting the 2 brothers who were with me that night, also thinking they were involved. One of them died of a heart attack several years ago and the other one is impossible to find via social media.

I feel as though I am in a horror movie despite trying to do everything right.

I don't watch horror movies, but sure, I'd read the Wikipedia plot summary of this one

quote:

I got a fidget spinner and it's the third greatest thing to ever happen to my job performance (after caffeine and rolling chairs). So much more focused and I don't get distracted by random stuff. Of course my boss haates these things and told me I'm not allowed to 'play' with one at work. HR said there is no policy covering this so he is allowed to tell me not to have a fidget spinner.
Right now I am anonymously intriguing through some other departments to get fidget spinners banned as a matter of corporate policy. As a formal policy they will have to allow exemptions for medical purposes and I'm 100% sure my therapist will write me a letter saying it is a health accommodation. The only part of this I'm not happy about is that no one there will ever appreciate my genius at engineering this whole thing.
My favorite fidget spinner is my $170 anodized titanium double except at night when I like playing with a cheapo GAC that glows in the dark, because I imagine if I had a girlfriend and she was hypothetically in bed with me at night that would be her favorite spinner to watch me play with.

I think wanting a girlfriend to watch you spin a thing around in your hand is dumber than wanting a girlfriend to watch you play video games

At any rate, you know there are other fidgets, right? Other things exist in the world to fidget with that don't cost $170 or require a Game Of Thrones office conspiracy to make your boss let you use them in the office. I favor magnets personally.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Actually having a partner who likes watching you play video games is fun and cool.

Unless that is all you want them to do, but sharing interests is nice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scan in one of the letters rapist goon. I want to gaze upon your downfall.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Barry Cox posted:

A few days ago one came with a broken watch and simply said "Time's almost up".

I was almost ready to believe you, but you pushed it too far. 3/10 with an A for effort.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Theophany posted:

Lmao.

I have three females in my life: my girlfriend, my dog and my car. If I changed my phone's wallpaper to any other female I'd fully expect to have my rear end kicked to the kerb. If my girlfriend's (or my dog's or my car's) phone wallpaper was changed to some other dude I'd be done with them.

my phone is female, and my car is male. i suspect they're having an affair.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sjs00 posted:

stepsister fesh fake.
You would be jerkin it to her to this day

"Yea that's true" he says, nodding vigorously

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

loquacius posted:

At any rate, you know there are other fidgets, right? Other things exist in the world to fidget with that don't cost $170 or require a Game Of Thrones office conspiracy to make your boss let you use them in the office. I favor magnets personally.

I personally prefer clothespins. You should try it, it allows for manipulation as well as being perfectly suitable in size.

Also, gently caress fidget spinners forever.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

i like to just pull my weiner

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Frat goon: Go ask a lawyer about the statute of limitations. Also it was real dumb of you to talk to the media.

Fidget spinner goon: No amount of concentration boosting is worth pissing off your boss by getting one over on him through a technicality. Plus those things piss people off, so anyone who sees you at the office with one thinks you suck and will tell other people you suck.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
idg having a gf watch you play games when you could play mario kart together or something

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm going to buy a fidget spinner and THEN I'm gonna bring it to work and THEN i'm gonna fight my boss for the right to keep spinning at work
- a real human bein

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Why not just twirl/click a pen, like most reasonable adults do during boring meetings and other business events. Pens even have legitimate business functions, such as writing down important memos.

I like how the confession ends with "I imagine if I had a girlfriend and she was hypothetically in bed with me...", lol

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

loquacius posted:

I don't watch horror movies, but sure, I'd read the Wikipedia plot summary of this one

There's like 2 fraternities it could be if the guy didn't fudge details.

Or it's Texas, U of Miami or Colorado because there were super high profile fraternity deaths there around that time.

Or he's rehashing I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He needs to just keep lying and denying anything ever happened for the rest of his life. If there was proof he'd be in jail. Doesn't change the fact that a beating short of murder is something he bought and paid for when he raped a passed out girl at a party. What ever catches up to him he deserves.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

HJE-Cobra posted:

Why not just twirl/click a pen, like most reasonable adults do during boring meetings and other business events. Pens even have legitimate business functions, such as writing down important memos.

I like how the confession ends with "I imagine if I had a girlfriend and she was hypothetically in bed with me...", lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/penspinning/

I expensed some $15 spinning pens
also a $50 bucket of g2 pilots

you may need to become an asian dude tho sorry

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
couple contact jugglers I know developing routines for the damned fidget spinners

ofc

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Fidget spinner goon: No amount of concentration boosting is worth pissing off your boss by getting one over on him through a technicality. Plus those things piss people off, so anyone who sees you at the office with one thinks you suck and will tell other people you suck.

ok dumbass, lets totally take your word for it

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Fidget spinners are Pogs for children born after 9/11

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

ok dumbass, lets totally take your word for it

Is that really that contentious?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Is that really that contentious?

It's a dumb fad but it's actually a positive thing because that stupid little thing is actually pretty soothing. It's a good alternative to say, whittling your nails to poo poo when you feel stressed.

Otherwise it's like this dude said.

potee posted:

Fidget spinners are Pogs for children born after 9/11

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Every summer in high school I would sneak off to the local roller skating rink. It was in a really lovely part of town and the rink itself had seen better days, for sure. It's long since closed down as of today.

I would go in the bathroom and stick my dick in the glory hole. Sometimes I'd wait around all day and nothing would happen, sometimes I'd feel something right away.

I don't really regret this but it's not something I talk about.

This seems to be a worse method than the last gloryhole goon's process

like, you stick your dick in a hole and wait for hours? If I were designing the process, stomping your feet on the floor of the bathroom stall In A Certain Way to indicate you're down for some gloryholing seems like a much better plan

Even if I were predisposed toward gloryhole usage I think I'd just be paranoid that whoever was on the other side of that wall would do something to my dick other than suck it

quote:

I was a lifeguard at our local pool when I was in college.

A kid drowned on my watch, all because I was flirting with some random girls. That 9 year old boy went to a watery grave because I wasn't doing my job.

I haven't gone swimming since then. I have nightmares about tiny bony fingers wrapping around my legs and pulling me down. I saw that kid's parents around town while I finished college, and they looked like they wanted to murder me every single time.

I accepted responsibility for it and will never lifeguard again, but I still feel like I haven't done enough.

I wouldn't watch Friday the 13th if I were you

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I would rather someone have a fidget spinner in a meeting than listen to some *click* gently caress stick click a pen while *click* i'm trying *click* to concentrate on *click* what the gently caress is going *click* on.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
You think those spinners don't click?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I thought they were just bearings spinning?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

TTerrible posted:

I thought they were just bearings spinning?

The main sound is this sort of low irritating whirring.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Even if post offices these days usually use invisible ink for postmarks, there is no reason they couldn't at least have told our frat sexual assault guru the city it was sent from.

Also yeah the media is asking me about life in a fraternity all these years after the fact and I'm sure they're going to portray you in a positive light, go ahead and tell them you raped a girl and don't bother asking them to omit your identity. When have you ever heard a story from the broadcast media about greek life that sends a positive message?

I'm gonna laugh when the story is real and the reporter ends up being the girl he raped and now she has a vivid description of what happened on tape

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The gently caress is a fidget spinner? Some prescription toy for autists?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

The gently caress is a fidget spinner? Some prescription toy for autists?

I think it actually was. But it was appropriated

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My wife and I are beginning to disagree on raising our child and I'm not sure how to handle this. I think the issue is how our own childhoods differed. I was bullied a lot in school, had issues getting good grades, and barely made it out of high school alive. While my wife was definitely part of the "cool kids" and had a much easier life.

I want to home school our son for that reason - to spare him the pain and suffering I endured. My wife counters and says that school is an important part of growing up. I see her point, but she's viewing it from the perspective of a beautiful woman. Our son is already really awkward, bookish, and not athletically gifted at all. He's also kind of annoying and a huge momma's boy - he barely ever wants to spend time with me. He will not survive high school - either he'll be bullied beyond belief, or be beat up by some thugs looking to make an example out of whitey, or he'll be friendzoned by every single cheerleader and end up a bitter virgin. I should know, all 3 of those things happened to me.

This sounded eerily similar to a couple I know until the last two sentences, which is where it flew too close to the sun

quote:

My ex-wife and I have been separated about 4 years now, officially divorced 3. In that time I've had a few relationships, a few flings, etc, but nothing too serious. She's been remarried and divorced again. I don't know about the rest of her personal life. We have 2 kids together and I have them for this summer. Her and I have been discussing child-support stuff for while I have the kids and while we were talking it came out that she is deeply in debt, and I offered to help her out - and let me cut it off right here, not financially, but with budgeting and cutting costs as I've made some radical life changes financially since the divorce in terms of spending and whatnot. I expected her to decline but she accepted.

So we kept talking and she is so hosed in debt. Like, she's not gonna go bankrupt or be at risk of losing housing or anything, but I don't see how she can afford to do anything.

And I feel so bad for her. I've told her in the past that I don't like her and I don't like what she does, but she is the mother of my children and I'll always love her and wants what best for her. And hearing how lovely she's gotten financially has just really tugged on my heart. I really do not want to get back with her, I think she is selfish and rude and was mentally abusive to me (i think she is fine with the children). But drat it just hurts so much seeing her like this.

I've helped her out with other things (small loan) in the past which was promptly paid back, and I'm not gonna give her any money this time.

I don't know. I guess it just sucks that I felt like all this poo poo was over and done with and some feelings coming back.

I can say from experience that getting tangled up in your relatives' financial affairs is a mistake, and that goes double when it's your exwife

I dunno, you seem to be on the right track here: do not give her any money, and deal with your feelings poo poo the best you can :shrug:

Can someone who has more experience with divorce proceedings answer this question for me: if he makes it known to The Courts that she is that debt-hosed, could he get more custody out of the deal or would they just make him pay more child support? I dunno how it works.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Shouldnt have named your kid Whitey Friendzone if you didn't want that to happen.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

cda posted:

Shouldnt have named your kid Whitey Friendzone if you didn't want that to happen.

Does Whitey Friendzone sing the blues?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Sheldon posted:

either he'll be bullied beyond belief, or be beat up by some thugs looking to make an example out of whitey

There's a hell of a difference between bullied and beat up. If he's honestly in danger of being beat up for being white, get the hell out of Martin Luther King High and into a better one.

Enroll little Braiden in a self defense class; it will keep casual bullies at bay and boost his self-confidence as well. It's true what they say, bullies are cowards and will back down if you stand up for yourself.

Ted Kramer posted:

So we kept talking and she is so hosed in debt.

If you're well off financially, hire a good lawyer and sue for full custody. If she's broke and stuck with a court-appointed lawyer, you'll win. This might seem cruel, but it's better than having your kids growing up not knowing whether there will be food on the table this week. (and going to Martin Luther King High).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Send your kid to school. He'll never learn to deal with poo poo if you shelter him from it.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Also yeah the media is asking me about life in a fraternity all these years after the fact and I'm sure they're going to portray you in a positive light, go ahead and tell them you raped a girl and don't bother asking them to omit your identity. When have you ever heard a story from the broadcast media about greek life that sends a positive message?

I'm gonna laugh when the story is real and the reporter ends up being the girl he raped and now she has a vivid description of what happened on tape

Yeah, hopefully the NPR reporter is onto him, but it doesn't sound like it from what he told them. A reporter wouldn't level an allegation like that at someone without outright asking the perpetrator about it; it would be a big libel risk.

The letters are likely either the missing frat brother or the victim herself, and it sounds like a "confess or I'll turn you in" situation. Fingers crossed the statute of limitations isn't up when they do.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I feel like some casual racism has snuck into the last few posts.

Guess suggestions that someone is getting beaten up for being whitey can do that tho.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know about the whole "bullies are really cowards" thing. A lot of times they're just hosed up kids that are better at fighting than you because they do it all the time. Standing up to a bully is a good way to gain confidence and make yourself a harder target n the future, but it will probably lead to a solid rear end kicking the first time. A better way to handle a bully is to surround yourself with good friends that will have your back, win or lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

RFC2324 posted:

I feel like some casual racism has snuck into the last few posts.

Guess suggestions that someone is getting beaten up for being whitey can do that tho.

Sorry if my post seemed racist, I can see how someone might think that.

Nevertheless, if Junior really is in a school where he might be beat up for being white, move him to a school where that is not the case.

(of course, 99% likely the fesh is fake just like every other.)