Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

When I was a kid I thought Goku and Frieza were just SO FAST that in reality it only was just five minutes, but that it had to be slowed down just for us mere mortals to even comprehend it.

This is what it was supposed to be, but also subtract in anime filler time and cut-aways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rhonne posted:

"If Goku's power level was over 9000 at the start of the fight, what would it be after using kaioken x4? Remember to show your work."

Kaio-what?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mordaedil posted:

This is what it was supposed to be, but also subtract in anime filler time and cut-aways.

Yeah, remember Krillen/Roshi, and realize they are hundreds/thousands of times faster than that now.

The issue is, the anime had them stopping/talking over and over and over and over again to draw out those eps, and it doesn't make sense like it does in the manga anymore.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
murata drew beerus

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/879933658957623296

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Good joke

Very funny

Much laugh

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Doesn't Murata only read the Super manga and not watch the anime? I thought I read him saying that in an interview somewhere.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
oh snap he actually drew a bunch of these

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/878671496054415361

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like not to be a sarcastic piece of poo poo

I really like this guy's art style, but he does not get Beerus as a character what so ever. That looks more like Broly wearing a Beerus costume.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's not Beerus, it's Champa back in college before he let himself go

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
murata's an amazing artist but that beerus take blows

the rest of his DB fan art is good though

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That's an awesome looking beerus, but to be fair beerus just looks awesome in general

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

As someone with art training I am usually the last person on earth to go "it's just his style, okay?!" to off-model art but seriously, he clearly just wanted to draw a swole Beerus. It is my least favorite of his DBZ drawings, though. I think the musculature is fine but the face doesn't look Sphynx-ish enough.

I think that some people who draw Beerus don't realize that he was based on a Sphynx or Rex cat or something similar, as those are fairly obscure cat breeds. Even the animators gently caress up Beerus sometimes, in episode 82 he sometimes looked like Scooby Doo lol

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

I'm getting Hokuto no Ken vibes here. Or at least Frieza. Or it'd be a decent transformation if it ever comes to that.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 28, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

So that's how Yamcha is going to get into the tournament.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That they didnt have a 5 with him in the pose is a mistake.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
that Beerus looks a bit like a OPM Villain. But like a Boros or some other high tier one.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Wow, for everything that you can say about Yamcha at least he was never an attempted Rapist in the show.

That's Oolong and Roshi.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

For all the poo poo given to him, as an ex-minor villain Yamcha is a pretty decent guy with a pretty decent life, he's just shut out of the cosmic murder tier of horror and bloodshed and I'm not sure why this bothers him

Also that Beerus is amazing because you know that is EXACTLY how he'd commission a portrait of himself to look like

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

It's too adult for this show, but between the tournament action a slice of life cut to Yamcha getting progressively drunker at Bulma's place while slurring that he could be a better man to her than Vegeta is would be amazing.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
it wouldn't

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

extra row of teeth posted:

It's too adult for this show, but between the tournament action a slice of life cut to Yamcha getting progressively drunker at Bulma's place while slurring that he could be a better man to her than Vegeta is would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25GBiBSVSWA

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black August posted:

For all the poo poo given to him, as an ex-minor villain Yamcha is a pretty decent guy with a pretty decent life, he's just shut out of the cosmic murder tier of horror and bloodshed and I'm not sure why this bothers him

Yeah I don't know why he even wants to be in the tournament so badly. I get why Goku and Vegeta like the idea of a desperate battle for survival against the strongest warriors in existence, but is that really Yamcha's idea of a good time?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

sharktamer posted:

it wouldn't

Ok, Puar :colbert:

Yamcha wants to be in the tournament because he's always been confident and had a fighting spirit, just ever since about the Namek saga he doesn't have enough skill to kick rear end Saiyan style. This may have been Z filler, but remember how happy he was when a fight broke out in his pro baseball team?

But seriously, I'm hoping that Yamcha gets to do something. Still holding out hope that the Japanese VA tweet means he'll get some filler action on Earth while the tournament goes on. I'd honestly rather see Yamcha shine than watch the 3 kids stopping poachers, that was already kind of boring when 17 and Goku did it. Yamcha's clearly not too weak for a tournament that brings Master loving Roshi along, so something else is probably up.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yamcha seems to be a well off baseball player, so it's not like he's some bum.

The guy just knew he was in over his head and bailed. No harm in knowing your limits.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The funniest thing in the world about poor Yamcha is, if he had participated in ANY of the World Tournaments that didn't have the crazy bullshit super powers in it, like literally any of the ones Hercule won before Buu Saga, he would have been revered as one of the strongest martial artists in the world.

But every time he's stepped up to the plate, he's never made it past the semi finals because he always has to face down some one so far above his level to be ridiculous. Krillin at least has made it past the quarter finals. He's typically only gone down to the winner, and there's a certain amount of pride in that. Yamcha is just riding the Boned Train all the way up his rear end.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

extra row of teeth posted:

his fear and confusion when Vegeta came back for the Androids was funny enough imo

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I want a filler episode of Yamcha and Bulma having a drink on the roof, while he belts baseballs out into the yard, while they all discuss their life since Goku, and how they're prooooobably going to cease to exist in an hour.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Finishing up DBZ Kai, Goku is a good dinosaur midwife.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I need this to be an episode ASAP.

https://twitter.com/SChauvel/status/880081755184578560

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SSJB pan in that last panel is really the ideal direction for this series to go

this is probably canonical

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I want this.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

I can't find a translation but Vegeta's upset Bulla's pretending to do Kamehamehas and not the Galick Gun

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Man vegeta's hands look uncomfortable no wonder the move never works.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Black August posted:

I want a filler episode of Yamcha and Bulma having a drink on the roof, while he belts baseballs out into the yard, while they all discuss their life since Goku, and how they're prooooobably going to cease to exist in an hour.
So you mean Yamcha trying to do an adultery on Vegeta?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nessus posted:

So you mean Yamcha trying to do an adultery on Vegeta?

no, I was actually imagining something far more endearing with the sad music they always use and redrawn flashbacks of certain old scenes, while the four of them have a drink and a sad laugh at how strange it all turned out

but if you want creepy fanfic that bad, go ahead, get writing

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Yes please. :swoon:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Papa, look look!
Kamehame Ha!
Galick Gun.
Kamehameha!
Gya-Galick Gun!!!

Is all that's said.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

watching the Kai version of the Buu saga.

Dabura was kind of wasted as a villain, I feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ThisLoneGelada.webm

• Locked thread