Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Fedor/Mitrione time :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Oh my god MOTY

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
A Grace wins woth a submission this card had everything

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Omg Sandstorm

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Why is Dave Navarro playing the National Anthem

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

Why is Dave Navarro playing the National Anthem

its payback for all the times dudes would fight Fedor in Russia, get the canned anthem and Fedor'd get choirs and sacrificial virgins. Scott Coker is a patriot, you see.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CarlCX posted:

Phil Davis is really talented but only at wrestling; it's why after a decade the only people he's lost to are better or stronger wrestlers (and machida but what're you gonna do)

Phil Davis beat Machida.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The funniest thing after the chael fight is Chael calling Randy to get him a bottle of water while Tito just stands there looking like an idiot.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

big money big clit posted:

Phil Davis beat Machida.

strenuously disagree

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CarlCX posted:

strenuously disagree

I have a betting slip and a few hundred extra dollars that prove it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hello every body, Fedor got knocked completely unconscious by Matt Mitrione. Have a good week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hello every body, Fedor got knocked completely unconscious by Matt Mitrione. Have a good week.

Fedor also flash-KOed Mitrione. I haven't seen an actual double KO since Hughes/Newton and in that one Hughes was choked out.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Fedor joins the pantheon of elite fighters who flash kod Matt Mitrione before getting knocked unconscious like the fat guy who did it, but Fedor did it faster baby. Greatest of all time

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
just watched the TV and PPV.

Bubba Smith posted:

Davis vs Bader 2. gently caress. yes.

said nobody ever

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You people are loving high. Goldberg is still godawful at everything but shouting promos and lovely tangents.

naw he aight

Lid posted:

Given the rankings in the UFC at LHW Bader is now arguably the #3 LHW in the world.

Someone get Volkan Oezdemir on the phone.

205 is a trash heap, that's on fire

Le Saboteur posted:

I hope whoever this Pico guy is gets wrecked.

lol

Vitamin Boss posted:

lmfao someone gif them pulling the stool out from under him

p sure this may have contributed to the doctor stoppage for Chandler lol

Digital Jedi posted:

Holy poo poo almost a double KO

loving PERFECT

this is a microcosm of America's relationship with Russia.

Also can Fedor stop being a thing now.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The brazilian national anthem would actually be a good background music for the brazilian excuse list from forever ago.

I just have fever, dengue in my head and i'm laughing about it.

Also loving :lol: af dave navarro playing the national anthem.

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm so happy ufc doesn't do this poo poo.

sinead oconnor and the guy from staind performing live was barely 2 years ago

henkman posted:

Seriously, bellator should do more ppvs

same

Soothing Vapors posted:

i cant believe chael sonnen is winning a fight in 2017

wanderlei

threeagainstfour posted:

Goddamn I hate New York!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Was that a Tito sucks chant

it's okay he didn't hear tito sucks, he took it back in the post-fight presser

Digital Jedi posted:

Did he just stay he tapped Tito? Tito tapped him.

it was a mexican imposter

also lol at Tito's reaction during that

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

also get rid of loving Mauro and just use Goldie

for sure they should've put Mauro on the TV card and Goldie on PPV.

coconono posted:

Bellator is what you get if WCW was all shoot fights.

bring back tank abbot, have him enter to the 3 Count theme

Bundt Cake posted:

did phil davis waste his talent or was it an illusion to begin with

phil davis sucks at everything but wrestling, being a triangle, and cowardice, but keep in mind that he managed to avoid getting murdered by anthony johnson, which easily makes him #2 or #3 at 205 :cawg:

1st AD fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 26, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its hard to tell from the slowmo because Mitrione always has that stupid look on his face. I don't think he was really out. Knocked down, yes. But aware enough to land on his rear end so he can get back up again. Like many Purdue graduates, he is a high functioning illiterate.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

i'm not going to watch it again, but it looked like mitrione was awake the whole time and just got dinged really hard in the chin. fedor died tho

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who is the bellator heavyweight champion of the world ?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

a milk salesman

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

coconono posted:

its hard to tell from the slowmo because Mitrione always has that stupid look on his face. I don't think he was really out. Knocked down, yes. But aware enough to land on his rear end so he can get back up again. Like many Purdue graduates, he is a high functioning illiterate.

Meathead said in his post fight that he had no idea what was going on he just looked up and saw Fedor was down and jumped on him. He got flash KOed and didn't recall actually throwing the KO punch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Meathead said in his post fight that he had no idea what was going on he just looked up and saw Fedor was down and jumped on him. He got flash KOed and didn't recall actually throwing the KO punch.

he has no idea what is going on by default. The man is confounded by water fountains.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

coconono posted:

he has no idea what is going on by default. The man is confounded by water fountains.

He said he didn't remember getting punched and dropped when specifically asked about it.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

He said he didn't remember getting punched and dropped when specifically asked about it.

That also happened to him in his first fight in Bellator against some rando. The CTE is in the mail.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If they had 900,000 viewers for the free card, maybe they had 300-400k buys? It'll be a while before we know. Anyway, thats a pretty good gate.

https://twitter.com/yay_yee/status/879440978339176448

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Congratulations to Ryan Bader and Phil Davis on exciting over a million people with a vintage performance

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Bader and Davis are.... a draw?
Probably more like a repellent, but we'll see.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cruz vs. Mighty Mouse did 789k viewers on a network with far fewer households.

Kimbo vs. Ken Shamrock did 1.58 million viewers on Spike.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Wasn't there only 12000 in attendance but it holds way more than that? (i know nothing about MSG)

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Nierbo posted:

Wasn't there only 12000 in attendance but it holds way more than that? (i know nothing about MSG)

Their stage setup was pretty big, so not way more than that. Maybe 2-3000 more

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

A friend told me he got tix day of for 10% of the face value, which is hilarious.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Coworker recruited a friend for softball. After the game, she was explaining which part of her family was half-Asian using photos, and pointed to this one person at a Christmas gathering.
"Now you might think my cousin here's half Asian, but she's not."
I asked, "... is that... Roxanne Modafferi?"
And she was like, "how do you know who she is?"

She also said Roxanne can get overwhelming about posting about training on Facebook.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kensei posted:

A friend told me he got tix day of for 10% of the face value, which is hilarious.

I saw something suggesting the gate was a smashing success for Bellator but I cannot believe they didn't paper the arena, since their live gate is always dismal

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I saw something suggesting the gate was a smashing success for Bellator but I cannot believe they didn't paper the arena, since their live gate is always dismal

They reported a 1.5 million gate for the event which was apparently a new record for Bellator.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Le Saboteur posted:

They reported a 1.5 million gate for the event which was apparently a new record for Bellator.

That's not terrible especially considering they pay their fighters a carton of cigarettes and some subway tokens to show up. The UFC made $17,700,000 in gate on their last MSG show, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

That's not terrible especially considering they pay their fighters a carton of cigarettes and some subway tokens to show up. The UFC made $17,700,000 in gate on their last MSG show, though.

They had Fedor, Wandy and Chael on the show.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

MassRafTer posted:

They had Fedor, Wandy and Chael on the show.

Yeah, considering the "talent" I think Bellator did reasonable. I'm under the impression that people that think 'MMA' think of 'UFC' and thats the end of the thought.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Let's wait to see ppv figures before we get too ahead of ourselves. I kind of think of they were really good, even like 300k, someone would've said something by now or leaked something to the press.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nierbo posted:

Yeah, considering the "talent" I think Bellator did reasonable. I'm under the impression that people that think 'MMA' think of 'UFC' and thats the end of the thought.

That is their big talent though because no one is going to see Liam McGeary or w/e, they are making their money from lapsed MMA fans who just remember older UFC fighters and PRIDE. Like they don't have a bigger draw than Fedor or their Shamrock/Gracie fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nierbo posted:

What I mean is those guys, especially Fedor cost a shitload of money. It also costs a ton to do broadcasts from MSG. This was an extremely expensive event to put on.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Live Events for this weekend on UFC Fight Pass in case you want some Japanese MMA action a week after watching Bellator NYC.

Pancrase 288 - Sun, Jul 2, 2017 2:00AM ET
https://www.ufc.tv/video/pancrase-288

Hiromitsu Miura vs Daichi Abe
Kazuki Tokudome vs Keiran Joblin
Yuki Kondo vs Ikuhisa Minowa
Masakatsu Ueda vs Toshinori Tsunemura
Kanako Murata vs Claire Fryer
Yuki Niimura vs Ikkei Nagamura
Takumi Suzuki vs Kazushi Sugiyama
Takaaki Nara vs Kosei Kubota
Hiroyuki Oshiro vs Yasuhiro Kawamura
Yuya Kodama vs Takafumi Ato
Yojiro Uchimura vs Suguru Nii
Kota Fujisaki vs Yoshinori Horie
Kazunari Kimura vs Hanbyo Oniyama
Makato Kawawa vs Marcio Okumura
Satoshi Kogure vs Taiyo Hayashi
Masahida Hiraoka vs Kenzo Hirokawa
Shun Miyakawa vs Shigeki Iijima
Tatsuyuki Nakamura vs Kohei Kuraoka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MassRafTer posted:

What I mean is those guys, especially Fedor cost a shitload of money. It also costs a ton to do broadcasts from MSG. This was an extremely expensive event to put on.

I doubt they actually made a profit, but screwing the guys on the bottom of the card while dumping money on the top is the tried and true boxing business model.