Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I can't wait for office updates to start following the windows rollup model to make them even more difficult to pull back

CTR office installs (e.g. everything not proplus/enterprise) have had a separate update stream/mechanism since office 2013. if you deploy them you need a totally different way to manage updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

also gently caress sharepoint designer and also gently caress sharepoint.

Shabbat was right

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
it really is a measure of sharepoints utter shittiness that even silverlights last defender openly despises it

pram
Jun 10, 2001

FMguru posted:

it really is a measure of sharepoints utter shittiness that even silverlights last defender openly despises it

lol

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Wanna waste half an hour reading about some dude wanting to get fired from Microsoft?

Go ahead

https://medium.com/@wtfmitchel/how-to-get-fired-from-microsoft-part-1-cc2980d33bfe

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

orange sky posted:

Wanna waste half an hour reading about some dude wanting to get fired from Microsoft?

Go ahead

https://medium.com/@wtfmitchel/how-to-get-fired-from-microsoft-part-1-cc2980d33bfe

bookmarking so i won't have to ":effort: bing" for it later

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I should mention he's either got a personality disorder or some kind of autism so it gets crazy fast

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I can't wait for office updates to start following the windows rollup model to make them even more difficult to pull back

at least those won't break your entire business, just half of it.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

infernal machines posted:

CTR office installs (e.g. everything not proplus/enterprise) have had a separate update stream/mechanism since office 2013. if you deploy them you need a totally different way to manage updates

I'm glad everything I have to build out is only enterprise, that poo poo just sounds like a hassle.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

orange sky posted:

I should mention he's either got a personality disorder or some kind of autism so it gets crazy fast
any adult with a child-like reverence for microsoft has some kind of brain disorder but i wouldn't call it autism

pram
Jun 10, 2001

orange sky posted:

Go ahead

this started interesting and then became a bizarre soapbox about company values. he was also a server janitor lol did he expect to change the world in that role

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

It was obvious that he expected me to be mentally ill or broken down, but it was a huge tactical error and he was forced into a dialectic instead.

loving lol this guy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

I'm glad everything I have to build out is only enterprise, that poo poo just sounds like a hassle.

it's a colossal pain in the rear end if you have multiple versions/skus to manage.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Boiled Water posted:

at least those won't break your entire business, just half of it.

like when they introduce random file handling bugs or a change that causes your gpu driver to crash in an otherwise minor update

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"let's make fun of the guy with autism" isn't a great look

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

quote:

In EXO-D, no one seemed to know what my new “Manager”, Cole, did besides make illegible graphs in Tableau and follow his manager, Daniel, around as if he shat Amazon stock. I’m not exaggerating at all when I say that uselessness was an ongoing joke throughout the org and for good reason. Cole had to hold his breath while he spoke for some reason and would start speaking like Twista when he was running low on air, which I hear can be a common theme among mouth breathers. He also had to close his eyes while he thought, and displayed his OOF messages on his door instead of Outlook. I could not believe that this person even worked for Microsoft, let alone that I had to report to him.

oh-okay, so this is a professional suicide note

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
god help me, i read that entire thing

i sincerely hope it's some male power fantasy fan fiction because otherwise it's terrifying to think he might be working somewhere at all anywhere

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it reads like someone with some mental challenges who isn't getting the help he needs feels like he doesn't have anyone who listens to him, I read the whole thing and there's not a single mention of family or friends as a support system outside other co-workers, maybe it's because the content is so toxic he doesn't want to involve them but he doesn't seem like that would be a priority since he names pretty much everyone who wronged him at microsoft

I miss the mini microsoft blog, it was fun to read all the horror stories

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 28, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

That certainly is a ball of :catstare:

:smith: at the server room turned office though, can't begin to imagine what that's like, especially during the winter months where you'd drive to work in the dark, work in a windowless hell-cell, then drive home in the dark.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

rjmccall posted:

oh-okay, so this is a professional suicide note

lmao at that quote espeically the twista line. didnt read the rest

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im sure documenting all of this under his real name will be beneficial for his future endeavors

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

orange sky posted:

Go ahead

autistic computerman loses it inside the corporate machine, a story in 3 acts

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the worst part is he apparently has a diagnosis of being a savant which is basically a license to be the biggest know-it-all in creation

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Stymie posted:

the worst part is he apparently has a diagnosis of being a savant which is basically a license to be the biggest know-it-all in creation

dsyp

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

They had a hard time firing him because he is clearly perfect for Microsoft.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

They had a hard time firing him because he is clearly perfect for Microsoft.
he could've been the next steve ballmer

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stymie posted:

perhaps he was the smartest teen in America

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol if you don't reinstall immediately from clean media upon getting a new windows pc

does lenovo still sneak their shitware back in through UEFI or whatever?
it's a work laptop

lol if you think i would ever buy a lenovo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SupSuper posted:

it's a work laptop

lol if you think i would ever buy a lenovo

i mean what other work laptop would you use?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

hp elitebooks at my job are needs suiting

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

dell xps 13

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cinci zoo sniper posted:

hp more like huge pile (of poo poo)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

got those at work and they're trash

prolly the hdd :laffo:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol if ur company thinks so little of your time that they not only get mechanical drives, but 5400rpm mechanical drives

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

works perfectly fine :shrug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

for a clown, at the circus

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

infernal machines posted:

lol if ur company thinks so little of your time that they not only get mechanical drives, but 5400rpm mechanical drives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my pos windows work laptop that i never use from 2015 has a 256 gb ssd

• Locked thread