Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/uwxpYeN.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Is that MEIOU?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

voltaire's nightmare

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's where the word comes from bro.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

That's where the word comes from bro.

I know but it's cool that all the ideas are named after lesbian-themed movies and games.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Grow up.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

got vicky 2. time to figure out how this loving trade system works

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

pog boyfriend posted:

Imagine a town where there's a barber on one side of the street, and across from him there's a doctor's office. The doctor needs a haircut, and the barber is a deviant who wants a physical for no reason. You're a wealthy capitalist from the money you've made shutting down steel factories the world over, and you're travelling to the town to watch the barber's physical through a glory hole, but when you get there it's already been burned down by anarcho-liberals.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

in the end it's all capitalists building factroys

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

Heres how to best use it:

1. Stockpile the good you need to build railroads
2. Maybe stockpile military supplies
3. Ignore it lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is the trade system the one that only the guy who coded it understands and now that he's left the company nobody at Paradox knows how it works, or was that another V2 feature.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
pretty sure that's all V2 features

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just max out your tariffs and tax the the poor people.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my experience unless you play an unciv or the USA you will be completely unable to effect political change but it's cool and eventually jacobins will liberalize your country in a revolution

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I learned Victoria 1 playing as Japan which was nice since they have a Meiji era event.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kersch posted:

Imagine a town where there's a barber on one side of the street, and across from him there's a doctor's office. The doctor needs a haircut, and the barber is a deviant who wants a physical for no reason. You're a wealthy capitalist from the money you've made shutting down steel factories the world over, and you're travelling to the town to watch the barber's physical through a glory hole, but when you get there it's already been burned down by anarcho-liberals.

thanks

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you think EU4 vanilla is getting stale try MEIOU and Taxes. I'm not a mod guy but it's really good.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yo I thought they added a menu that lets you disable groogys retarded poo poo in ck2

what gives

edit: im a retard

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 10, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Isn't it the one at startup that lets you disable poo poo like defensive pacts and shattered retreats

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, in Stellaris, how wise would it be to change my capital to be a habitat? (Preferably in my home system) Since I know you get a unique habitat admin building. Would I be losing out by having the highest-level capital building there, instead? (Since from memory your capital can reach a slightly higher tier than normal, right?)

Because in my current game I've got an extremely diplomatic and scientific race, and I'm trying to make my space-nation as diverse as possible, so that I can colonize whatever planets I want. (Currently have four species, with the possibility of migrants who like cold planets - which is exactly what I need. My main species is now approx. 1/3 of the total population) However, for my capital I'd like to have it as a location where all my species can be together - especially as all species' have full rights, so the other species' might get elected as the leader of my xenophile+egalitarian democracy.
Problem is, I can't find any gaia worlds nearby, and I'd like the capital to still be in my home system, if possible - as that's what my nation is named after, so it wouldn't make sense to have it located elsewhere. (Otherwise I might be tempted for a ringworld...although it's quite expensive, and I have a LOT of size 25 planets nearby that I can inhabit with the different species' anyway, so it's unnecessary)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very stupid under every circumstance because the capital world modifier is powerful. Move it to a 25 tile Gaia world or a Ringworld section

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i keep using pacifist to get to 15+ core worlds and then having nothing left to do, idk if i'm in the end or the mid game, but it feels like i'm out of things to do and i can't go to war with people

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Very stupid under every circumstance because the capital world modifier is powerful. Move it to a 25 tile Gaia world or a Ringworld section

If you talk to Major Isoor like that again I'll have you permabanned so fast your head will spin. You've been warned.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I'd go with a ring world or terraform one of your nearby 25-tile planets into a Gaia world. Habitats are really limited by the buildings they get, the number of tiles, and the fact that you can't build a spaceport on them. Also you can change the name of your nation if you want.

I usually use habitats for exclusive energy or science production until the Dyson sphere and research nexus are available. If you're able to do the high level genetic alterations, you can modify your pops on those habitats to be perfect at those roles. But then my last game was hive mind so I had only one species to deal with, might be tricky to micromanage pops from a bunch of different species who are always migrating

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
migration controls might be the best way to approach that particular strategy

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
haha well, as much as I hate to admit it (in this situation, at least), Larry does have a point, there! :D I had forgotten about the large bonuses the capital world... However, although I've progressed further in my game, there are definitely a grand total of zero Gaia worlds (let alone size 24-25 ones) in my part of the galaxy. (The entire half of the galaxy I'm on is somehow devoid of Fallen Empires, as well! So the other half must have all four FEs crammed in together, hogging all the Gaia worlds) Plus I'm completely boxed-in by other empires now, so there's no chance of my borders expanding further - through peaceful means, anyway.

So yeah, if I'm honest, I'm still kinda tempted to build that habitat, but drat it's a hard decision now...I didn't realize until checking on the wiki earlier that habitats apparently only have 12 tiles, which isn't too great. Still, they've got some pretty good unique research buildings available, so maxing it out as a multi-cultural research facility with the capital bonuses (plus I have a governor that gives research bonuses, ready and waiting) might not be TOO bad, given that I don't have any particularly good planets/capital candidates, as-is. Hmm...

Oh also, would I be able to build a science nexus and also (potentially later on) a sentry array, all in my capital system as well? Or do they both need to be built over the star (thus limiting it to 'one per system), or something? Apologies if this is an obvious question; the only mega-structure I've ever built is a ringworld in a past game, so I've got no clue about either of these. :shobon:

EDIT: Oof, the last two posters beat me! Hmm, so what tech is needed to be able to terraform a planet into a Gaia world? Since now that I think about it, I do have a size 25 tomb world in my empire, which I could probably use, if I'm able to terraform it from being a radioactive shithole to become a Gaia world.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 3, 2017

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wish i could help, i'm jealous -- the furtherst i got was making habitats, when i became all synthetic 2 empires attacked me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

If you talk to Major Isoor like that again I'll have you permabanned so fast your head will spin. You've been warned.

This.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Major Isoor posted:

EDIT: Oof, the last two posters beat me! Hmm, so what tech is needed to be able to terraform a planet into a Gaia world? Since now that I think about it, I do have a size 25 tomb world in my empire, which I could probably use, if I'm able to terraform it from being a radioactive shithole to become a Gaia world.

I think there are three techs required for terraforming a tomb world to Gaia, but keep in mind it will take a really long time to complete the terraforming process. even with the ascension perk it's like 20 years iirc. I never found terraforming to be worthwhile in any of my playthroughs

Ring world construction is another very long process (30 years with the perk, 60 without) but at least the payoff is huge - four 25-tile Gaia worlds in one system. But the techs you need to unlock that might be a long way off too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Personally I'm a big fan of terraforming now that it gets cheaper much earlier but it sucks that you can't queue a colony ship to arrive as soon as the terraforming finishes. Also unless you like developing planets for sectors you end up with a lot of planets to baby sit till you can pass them off.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The Ck2 devs are adding loving China lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I almost crapped myself in fear but apparently they arent moving the map eastwards

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's still going to be trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Good god

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

jesus christ

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder how they'll handle titles being sort of hereditary and sort of not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

P-Mack posted:

I wonder how they'll handle titles being sort of hereditary and sort of not.

maybe something like the byzantine situation, where it's much easier to revoke titles

or maybe something like the muslim situation, where they didn't bother