Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Perez is such a loving moron :lol:

No wonder dopey dipshit Obama loves him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

i dont think theres any issues with "im pro life, but the right to privacy is the right to privacy, i will not interfere with roe v wade" to "free abortion with your next oil change" so long as they govern similarly

how about criminalizing abortion doesnt stop abortion it just makes it harder for poor women to get it done safely while rich families get w/e they want as per usual so illegal abortion is just a death sentence for poor women

you stop abortions by educating and empowering women and raising the quality of life for everyone so fewer people are desperate and cannot afford a child

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
perhaps if we could somehow test potential mothers to see if they have the means to comfortably raise a child

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

how about pro life needs to mean pro helping the poor

how about pro life needs to mean pro worker

how about pro life needs to mean universal healthcare

how about pro life needs to mean pro basic income for everyone

how about pro life means pro schools

how about pro life needs to mean pro free college education

how about pro life needs to mean pro mother not anti woman

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Squizzle posted:

criminalizing abortion doesnt stop abortion it just makes it harder for poor women to get it done safely while rich families get w/e they want as per usual so illegal abortion is just a death sentence for poor women

not seeing where conservatives or liberals have a problem with this

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

how about suck my dick gop

how about it

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As far as I know, Kennedy is now the first woman to join the crappy pantheon of "Game Show Hosts With Ridiculously Garbage Opinions" unless it turns out that Arlene Francis kept a diary of racial slurs against Asians or something.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

how about suck my dick gop

how about it

*puts on maga hat and mascara*

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Betty White won't be included in that don't @ me.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
whatever happened to FIRE CURES SOLDIERS? those anti-military goons of yore really expanded my mind tbh

was checking out the lepers colony and saw a guy named "isis cures troons" getting banned. don't think that's the same guy

e- actually i think it might be the same guy nvm

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Jun 29, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
but seriously lol if u trust single payer to extend your life anywhere near as long as peter thiel's dark experimentations in blood thaumaturgy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
(unless ur a bloodbag soz)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

As far as I know, Kennedy is now the first woman to join the crappy pantheon of "Game Show Hosts With Ridiculously Garbage Opinions" unless it turns out that Arlene Francis kept a diary of racial slurs against Asians or something.

The woman from the weakest link dislikes welsh people and is pro-fox hunting

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GalacticAcid posted:

well i disagree on the foxes

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

well, I was focusing on American game show hosts, but you bring up a valid point.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

(unless ur a bloodbag soz)

we're all just bloodbags to the vampire lord of trump tower

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
America is already great qtiyd

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Squizzle posted:

how about pro life needs to mean pro helping the poor

how about pro life needs to mean pro worker

how about pro life needs to mean universal healthcare

how about pro life needs to mean pro basic income for everyone

how about pro life means pro schools

how about pro life needs to mean pro free college education

how about pro life needs to mean pro mother not anti woman
lol if anyone hasn't yet figured out the secret to archconservative immortality: forbidding abortions so more infants can be slaughtered and fed to the rich for more eternal life but also destroying postnatal care to ensure their quick slaughter by poverty

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

if we just aborted all straight babies abortion would cease to be in one generation makes you think

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Scent of Worf posted:

whatever happened to FIRE CURES SOLDIERS? those anti-military goons of yore really expanded my mind tbh

was checking out the lepers colony and saw a guy named "isis cures troons" getting banned. don't think that's the same guy

Mods Cure Jokes was an LF classic.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

If only there was a candidate well liked by both Democrats and Independents who could unite those two groups of voters and start fighting for that future. Bernie would have won. And also legalized it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

does shark tank count as a game show

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Scent of Worf posted:

There were several posters with some version of X CURES Y, usually with X being violent and/or unpleasant and Y being a disliked minority. I don't know if they were all reregs or alts of the same person or not.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scent of Worf posted:

free tpaine

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i was shitposting for dean up to 2006

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shear Modulus posted:

does shark tank count as a game show

Mark Cuban is a backup billionaire for the neolibs in case they get cucked by Zuck

http://www.newsweek.com/mark-cuban-floats-trial-balloon-2020-presidential-run-571605

Its funny because my roommate who is a lifelong democrat to the point where he majored in poly-sci and volunteered for the Edwards campaign (still a sore point for him to this day) is majorly excited for both of them "because they aren't Trump"

while my rear end who was raised by a hardcore Reaganite dad and was one of those smug republican kids who made purity pledges in high school not to screw a girl without a contract wants to bring on the glorious revolution

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There were several posters with some version of X CURES Y, usually with X being violent and/or unpleasant and Y being a disliked minority. I don't know if they were all reregs or alts of the same person or not.
EMPATHY CURES WHITES

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuriousxGeorge posted:

If only there was a candidate well liked by both Democrats and Independents who could unite those two groups of voters and start fighting for that future. Bernie would have won. And also legalized it.

"Independents don't matter and young people don't vote" :colbert:

- Smart Liberals Who Seemingly Love to Lose

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frijolero posted:

they were right in that old white republicans are more likely to vote but wrong in thinking they could ever be wooed from the republicans

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Meanwhile in the UK Corbyn increased youth vote participation by 30% with a very honest good platform.

etalian has issued a correction as of 03:27 on Jun 29, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

they were right in that old white republicans are more likely to vote but wrong in thinking they could ever be wooed from the republicans

lol that Chuck Schumer is leading the Dem party charge on the forthcoming "sharp economic message"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I know obama is bad and it's not fashionable to favorably assess anything he did

But

He intuitively understood the need for a material narrative and campaigned accordingly, subsequently driving turnout among young and marginal voters

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
note that this doesn't defend his governance, just his political instincts as a campaigner

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Much like Bill, he ran to the left, won, governed to the right, and left his party with no real way to fight

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

etalian posted:

Meanwhile in the UK Corbyn increased youth vote participation by 30% with a very honest good platform.

I think revised turnout figures put that closer to 10-15%, but still it was good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
semper hill

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/880239825261121538

My Boy Grijalva, Ellison, Barbara Lee, Khanna, even Gabbard signed the letter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

I know obama is bad and it's not fashionable to favorably assess anything he did

But

He intuitively understood the need for a material narrative and campaigned accordingly, subsequently driving turnout among young and marginal voters

Obama was absolutely a genius campaigner. Dems have gotten their asses kicked whenever he isn't on the ballot for almost a decade now and never figured out that that may indicate something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

But

I mean, he worked his rear end off and won the presidency. Doesn't make him a good person.

Reminds me of another quasi-populist neoliberal hack who people think is good only because he was able to "win"

• Locked thread