Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Finally a terrorist we can believe in

Pythagoras a trois fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/nikkihaley/status/880232833322713088

Yay?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/880239776879845376

Poor Donny, everyone's just so unfair to him :qq:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
He is really really hung up on CNN

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tillerson looks like a steel or shipping tycoon from the end of the 19th century, which I guess is basically what he is.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tinerino=this is nearly every republican in name only

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'm pissed at CNN for very different reasons. Today's headline from CNN ended up in one of the ads on a website I was browsing.

Ok, so the POTUS can't stop talking about your loving channel, day in and day out, and he's clearly, obviously guilty of treason and a variety of high crimes. So today you publish the real think piece, "With latest jabs, Trump-Obama relationship reaches historic nastiness"? What the ever loving gently caress, CNN.

Pythagoras a trois fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
CNN desperately wants to return to normalcy (being garbage) but Trump's making it so hard for them to not do actual news coverage.

Local news channels are going to get a lot worse too since a further-right-than-fox corporation is trying to make acquisitions that'll give it control over something like 70-80% of every local news station in the country.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cheekio posted:

I'm pissed at CNN for very different reasons. Today's headline from CNN ended up in one of the ads on a website I was browsing.

Ok, so the POTUS can't stop talking about your loving channel, day in and day out, and he's clearly, obviously guilty of treason and a variety of high crimes. So today you publish the real think piece, "With latest jabs, Trump-Obama relationship reaches historic nastiness"? What the ever loving gently caress, CNN.

Nah it's more like TRUMP-OBAMA RELATIONSHIP MORE TOXIC THAN EVER followed by a series of smaller "why won't Obama respond to trump?" thinkpieces

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Maybe her kids/grandkids will get polio.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
CNN international is actually really good. Better than BBC imo.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Y'know, I think Trump actually believes all of his bullshit, which is part of why he acts so idiotically.

Trump is a manly man who won the electoral college hugely all by himself, gently caress you CNN talking about Russian collusion!

To what extent that's narcissism or dementia, who knows.

My gut feeling is when this all shakes out, Trump will only tangentially have been involved with the Russians but because he's a petty grudge-bearing moron will throw most of his cronies under the bus with obstruction of justice.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did we mention this loving insane NRA ad that all but calls for the murder of protestors?

http://www.theroot.com/nra-recruitment-video-labels-the-left-violent-snowflake-1796479650

I can't find a way to embed the loving thing, but it's nuts. It's the purest attempt at American political propaganda I've seen in a long time.

https://www.facebook.com/NRA/videos/1605896562755373/

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Evil Fluffy posted:

Local news channels are going to get a lot worse too since a further-right-than-fox corporation is trying to make acquisitions that'll give it control over something like 70-80% of every local news station in the country.

Yeah but there is a reason one company can afford to buy them all:

http://www.journalism.org/2016/07/07/pathways-to-news/

But demographics speak to the fragility behind those TV numbers. While solid majorities of both those ages 50-64 (72%) and those 65+ (85%) often get news on TV, far smaller shares of younger adults do so (45% of those 30-49 and 27% of those 18-29). Alternatively, the two younger groups of adults are much more likely than older adults to turn to online platforms for news – 50% of 18- to 29-year-olds and 49% of those ages 30-49 often do so.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

awesmoe posted:

The dude who sexually assaulted an intern in the oval office has gotta be up there

JFK?

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really don't understand why Tillerson is still in that job. Clearly Trump doesn't care for him much, he's miserable in the job, and nobody tells him anything. Now he's basically below goddamn Jared Kushner, who has even less international policy experience than Tillerson does.

This is a little late, but Tillerson believes he was chosen by God. He wanted to retire and live out his days, but God chose him for one more task.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

nachos posted:

if Tillerson quits I guess in addition to FBI director we won't have a secretary of state either for the next 3 years

The WH formally submitted Chris Wray as their nomination for FBI director this past Monday.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

This is a little late, but Tillerson believes he was chosen by God. He wanted to retire and live out his days, but God chose him for one more task.

At least one day we're going to get a sick Coen brothers movie out of this administration. The end of his life is going to be spectacularly painful and gut-wrenching. Can you imagine walking into this administration even believing in a god in the first place, let alone believing that you have some divine purpose?

I AM GRANDO fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 29, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

His last and most important mission: to keep Donald Trump from destroying the world.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AlternateNu posted:

The WH formally submitted Chris Wray as their nomination for FBI director this past Monday.

Is he a lock to get confirmed?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

business hammocks posted:

Did we mention this loving insane NRA ad that all but calls for the murder of protestors?

http://www.theroot.com/nra-recruitment-video-labels-the-left-violent-snowflake-1796479650

I can't find a way to embed the loving thing, but it's nuts. It's the purest attempt at American political propaganda I've seen in a long time.

Jesus loving Christ.

That's it. I have no room left for additional comment. Jesus. loving. Christ.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

NRA: Time to exercise our 2nd amendment rights and shoot some protesters!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
They need some way to get out of the gun crash.

It's probably not going to work.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Pasty Doughboy posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880175585418465284

What I love the most about this chart is the spots that were whited out in the lower right hand corner. Anyone know where the original is so we can know what was there? Also, these numbers have no bearing in reality. Spending on medicaid in 2015 was $646 billion. Did he...did he MS-Paint a graph for the American People?

I'm having a brain fart staring at the Trump graph. What makes it wrong aside from the white out? Was medicaid scheduled to skyrocket or is the graph indicative of funds being shifted or what? Because I believe 538 over Trump when it comes to whether or not there's medicaid cuts. I can't tell whether the graph is a complete lie Trump pulled out of his rear end or if it's a misleading data trick. Can someone clear it up for me?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

You know they know it's bad because there's no way to embed it, but it's loving insane. They're trying to make themselves Trump's brownshirts.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The 2nd amendment is twice as amendment as the 1st amendment so it's OK imho

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

business hammocks posted:

:catstare: The guys who literally compared Obama to Hitler are arguing we're both 'snowflakes' and 'violent monsters that need to be put down'

Jesus.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

B B posted:

Apparently Tillerson is having trouble keeping it together:

quote:

Where Tillerson is concerned, the frustration goes both ways. Many of his proposed nominees have been rejected by DeStefano’s Office of Presidential Personnel either because they are Democrats or because they are Republicans who were critical of Trump during the campaign.

lmao they are so petty

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, the NRA is really living up to the stupid nickname of "Nazis, Racists and Assholes" recently. When America is destroyed and split into a bunch of warring states, the history books will know them as the world's slowest acting terrorist organization.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

That last line.

:aaa:

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

The Failing NRA made that video because they are desperate, now that they don't have a pariah in the White House they can use to juice rifle sales and membership. I'm sure they secretly wanted Clinton to win. Sad

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There really needs to be a mass shooting on a NRA meeting. They really deserve to try and cry to the media about how they didn't have time to pull out their real penises and be the good guys with guns to take out the other guy using the weapon they just sold him.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Might want to reword that.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Crabtree posted:

There really needs to be a mass shooting on a NRA meeting. They really deserve to try and cry to the media about how they didn't have time to pull out their real penises and be the good guys with guns to take out the other guy using the weapon they just sold him.

nah

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

the NRA and the right lose the narrative that the left are somehow the violent ones the moment one of their assholes starts gunning down protesters, which their own rhetoric is almost explicitly advocating for.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
In lighter news, Chicago has erected a sculpture of the words "Real Fake" in front of Trump tower:
http://www.avclub.com/article/chicago-just-so-happened-put-real-fake-sculpture-f-257513

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zophar posted:

the NRA and the right lose the narrative that the left are somehow the violent ones the moment one of their assholes starts gunning down protesters, which their own rhetoric is almost explicitly advocating for.

It hasn't happened any of the hundreds of times a white male boomer has enacted the violent fantasies of talk radio, cable news, freep, or strormfront. For some reason he's always mentally ill and needed help.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/mcjesse/status/879733716159000577

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

CrazySalamander posted:

I'm having a brain fart staring at the Trump graph. What makes it wrong aside from the white out? Was medicaid scheduled to skyrocket or is the graph indicative of funds being shifted or what? Because I believe 538 over Trump when it comes to whether or not there's medicaid cuts. I can't tell whether the graph is a complete lie Trump pulled out of his rear end or if it's a misleading data trick. Can someone clear it up for me?

the graph is just dollars - it's not adjusted for inflation, and it's not adjusted for population growth. factor those in and the picture changes So "medicaid spending continues to increase from today's spending under this bill" is true and misleading.
source dan diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Cheekio posted:

Finally a terrorist we can believe in

Awww, that looks just like my dog!

Anyway how are Trump supporters in your real life acting? Any sign that they're waking up? Even the hint of embarrassment?

• Locked thread